PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, this is simply the least intimidating team so far

DriveFor5
05-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Outside of Kobe and the fact that the jerseys say "Lakers" on them, this team is hardly a big deal...Gasol and Odom are good, but not as good as everyone is trying to make them out to be. We could be down 0-3 in the series to these guys and still beat them. I am not even concerned in the slightest about losing this game. At all.

BiZNicK
05-21-2008, 10:54 PM
Neither am i. The Hornets destroyed us on their homecourt and the Lakers had to steal a win.

hater
05-21-2008, 10:54 PM
I knew SPurs would get tired by the 4th quarter. Pop was giving too many minutes to Manu especially.

they will bounce back bigtime game 2. no worries.

DriveFor5
05-21-2008, 10:55 PM
I was more rattled by losing to New Orleans than to LA. Even Phoenix was a bigger threat than LA.

George Gervin's Afro
05-21-2008, 10:56 PM
it would have been nice to win both games there but a split is still available...

thekingrobert
05-21-2008, 10:57 PM
spurs did well tonight and they looked tired by the 4th

Beno Udrih
Agreed. These Lakers aren't NO. But, The way they won the game wasn't in dominating style like NO.

Dingle Barry
Hurt to lose like this, but this team is eminently beatable.

We need some fucking bench production, however.

Oh, and Manu can't play like a 6th grader.

Ginofan
05-21-2008, 11:00 PM
I guess that's why I'm hardly upset at all. It would've been hella-nice to get this one, but after the no rest and going 7 games the previous series I wasn't expecting to win game 1 at all.

L.A. did not impress me at all. No offense, they are a good team..they have to be with having a number 1 seed spot....but they are not impressive. I felt more tense with PHX and NO than I did with LA. It was more our own stupid mistakes that held us back than the spectacular play of the "Great" Lakers.

DriveFor5
05-21-2008, 11:01 PM
Yeah, the key to winning this series is to not get too relaxed....we can beat this LA team with about half as much effort as it took for Phoenix and LA. We'll take it in 5.

Quiet Strength
05-21-2008, 11:03 PM
I dunno about getting the split in game 2. The refs in game 1 were fair until late in the 4th but I think in game 2 the refs will be all over the lakers nuts. Hopefully the spurs can still win but its going to be alot harder.

DriveFor5
05-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Plus we saw worse ball in the NOH series.

TheAdmiral#50
05-21-2008, 11:04 PM
After seeing this game, I can see how the Spurs are gonna dominate this series. Lakers squeaked by.

peskypesky
05-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Outside of Kobe and the fact that the jerseys say "Lakers" on them, this team is hardly a big deal...Gasol and Odom are good, but not as good as everyone is trying to make them out to be. We could be down 0-3 in the series to these guys and still beat them. I am not even concerned in the slightest about losing this game. At all.

me neither. spurs just played a game 7 on the road two nights ago and had to sleep on a plane and then play on the road again. and they still almost won. fatigue gave this one to the lakers. fatigue alone.

hater
05-21-2008, 11:06 PM
damn that was quick!!!

I just got over this loss right this moment.

Spurs in 6

peskypesky
05-21-2008, 11:06 PM
i was hoping for a sweep, but i guess it'll be a 5-game series instead.

Anti.Hero
05-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Not impressed with the Lakers at all.

Spurs just choked.

NASpurs
05-21-2008, 11:09 PM
I totally agree with everything everyone here said. I feel pretty good actually and I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs took the next four.

Killakobe81
05-21-2008, 11:11 PM
LOL the Spurs taking the next 4 against Kobe? LMAO

NASpurs
05-21-2008, 11:12 PM

lol Kobe and who else?

One man teams can't beat the Spurs.

Critter
05-21-2008, 11:12 PM
if that makes you guys sleep at night then so be it

but I gotta say fisher sucked, odom sucked, lakers sucked in 1st half... down 20 and still won

spurs better play better next game because the lakers will

GrandeDavid
05-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Look, I think the Spurs will win this series. But make no mistake, this loss hurts badly. Blowing a 20 point lead in a game with these stakes is always bad, but seeing Manu struggle like that was painful. And doubting Pop's rotations, and seeing Finley jack a 3 with a full clock on the possession with a couple minutes left coupled with Ime's jacks late also hurt. It was a tough loss, no way around it.

But, on the bright side, we know the Spurs can play with this team and they have proven that they can dig themselves out of an 0-2 hole. Its only 0-1 at this point. Man, I sure hope Ginobili shows up for Game 2.

KobeOwnsBowen
Don't worry. We are just warming up. You'll see our best stuff in the next few games.

NASpurs

but I gotta say fisher sucked, odom sucked, lakers sucked in 1st half... down 20 and still won

and the Spurs played the best they could?

Spurs in 5.

NASpurs
05-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Don't worry. We are just warming up. You'll see our best stuff in the next few games.

Doubt it. Your team blows. No two ways about it.

hater
05-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Hornets > Suns > Lakers so far I must say

Anti.Hero
05-21-2008, 11:15 PM

ducan sucked manu sucked parker sucked finley always sucks udoka sucked everyone sucked

in the 2nd half.

Have fun when they play an entire game.

peskypesky
05-21-2008, 11:16 PM

let's see.
we swept Lebron in the finals.
we just beat chris paul's hornets 4 out of 5.
winning tje next 4 doesn't seem far-fetched to me. especially not after seeing the lakers just squeak by with a home win against an exhausted team.
:flag:

Nahtanoj
05-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Hmm Kobe was too passive in the first half.. reverted back to the attacking mode Kobe midway through the 3rd. When he plays like that his teammates feed off him.. the Lakers are hard to beat that way.

Allanon
05-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Let's hope the Spurs will underestimate the Lakers like their fans.

NASpurs
05-21-2008, 11:19 PM

They won't but we can. Seriously your team couldn't hold the Hornets' jocks.

Allanon
05-21-2008, 11:20 PM

Lakers only won #1 seed because other teams let them
Kobe's overrated
Pau is soft and will get shut down by Duncan
Lakers can't hold the Hornet's jock

We shall see :D

KobeOwnsBowen
05-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Suns felt the same way after game 1. I believe the shoe is now on the other foot with the Spurs thinking they were better after the first game. Lakers in 5.

Helix Versa
05-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Who would've thought we were playing the Suns in the Western Conference finals...

hater
05-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Suns felt the same way after game 1. I believe the shoe is now on the other foot with the Spurs thinking they were better after the first game. Lakers in 5.

difference is, Spurs don't have the Suns' soft mentality.

btw Spurs play better with the backs against the wall. this might be a blessing in disguise for us

NASpurs

LOL at the thought of you comparing the Spurs to the Suns.

Spurs have lost game one numerous times in the past and swept the team the next four. Your no-name team will be in for a rude awakening.

DriveFor5

There's a difference between underestimating a team and saying that a team that isn't that good, isn't that good.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
damn that was quick!!!

I just got over this loss right this moment.

Spurs in 6
:lol

I'm over it too. Can't wait for Friday.

aka_USAPA
Actually, it looked like the Spurs don't intimidate the Lakers at all. Even when they were down by 20 points, they were moving like they were still going to win. When the Lakers cut down the lead to 16, Pop called timeout because he saw a landslide coming.

td4mvp3
05-21-2008, 11:23 PM
i'm not drinking the kool-aid. up 20 and losing is no reason for celebration, unless we want to go the phoenix route of saying "well, game one, we were up 15 and they needed a lot of lucky shots to pull out a win. we got this. oh, game two, we were up 16 and they just hit some shots, no worries. game thr--crap." i think fatigue was a big thing, regardless of what pop said, but worse, now these guys have confidence that they wouldn't have had had we won. i don't see the split, i see a double-digit win by the lakers and them splitting us at home.

DriveFor5
05-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Actually, it looked like the Spurs don't intimidate the Lakers at all. Even when they were down by 20 points, they were moving like they were still going to win. When the Lakers cut down the lead to 16, Pop called timeout because he saw a landslide coming.

The Hornets weren't intimidated by the Spurs. Doesn't mean they're as good. Confidence and talent are two different things.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 11:24 PM
difference is, Spurs don't have the Suns' soft mentality.

btw Spurs play better with the backs against the wall. this might be a blessing in disguise for us

Coming back from 20 points down is a statement that the Lakers are:

1) Ready
2) Mentally tough
3) Can turn up their defense when they have to
4) Kobe can take a half off and still win the game for the Lakers

I can understand why the Spurs fans hate the Lakers. Tonight is exactly a huge reason. :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin: rollin:rollin

Critter
05-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Hornets > Suns > Lakers so far I must say

well you did only play the lakers 1 game, the hornets 7, the suns 5...
so i agree

Critter
well spurs only played the lakers 1 game, the hornets 7, the suns 5...
so i agree

NASpurs
i'm not drinking the kool-aid. up 20 and losing is no reason for celebration, unless we want to go the phoenix route of saying "well, game one, we were up 15 and they needed a lot of lucky shots to pull out a win. we got this. oh, game two, we were up 16 and they just hit some shots, no worries. game thr--crap." i think fatigue was a big thing, regardless of what pop said, but worse, now these guys have confidence that they wouldn't have had had we won. i don't see the split, i see a double-digit win by the lakers and them splitting us at home.

Thanks for the tip Nostradamus. Seems like I don't need to watch the next three games.

Critter
damn i screwed up

*leaves the site*

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 11:26 PM
The Hornets weren't intimidated by the Spurs. Doesn't mean they're as good. Confidence and talent are two different things.

So the Spurs are confident, and more talented, up by 20, and still lost? I'll take a confident opponent like that any day. Blowout coming next game.

NASpurs
Coming back from 20 points down is a statement that the Lakers are:

1) Ready
2) Mentally tough
3) Can turn up their defense when they have to
4) Kobe can take a half off and still win the game for the Lakers

I can understand why the Spurs fans hate the Lakers. Tonight is exactly a huge reason. :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin: rollin:rollin

Nah,it just means the Spurs weren't making shots. Simple as that.

1Parker1
Lakers are the toughest team the Spurs have faced this postseason.

Pheonix--Spurs had HCA, they have always owned Steve Nash, and their defense has always been bad to average.

Hornets--Inexperience played a huge part in the Spurs coming out of that series. Even Duncan said it; they had confidence cuz they've played together. Also, Hornets had no bench and so it was easier to let CP3 and West get theres and shut everyone else down.

Lakers--They have the best player on the court in Kobe. They have a coach who knows the Spurs and their tendencies better than anyone. And don't underestimate Phil Jackson's smart game to game adjustments. Not only that, but the Lakers are also the deepest team the Spurs have faced as they have a good bench. And their top players have championship experience.

Spurs let a golden opportunity slip away from them tonight. It's going to be a lot harder to come back from 0-2 against the Lakers than it was against the Hornets, I think. Game 2 is a must win for the Spurs. They just need to concentrate on what got them the lead in the first half, play smarter defensively and offense, wake Ginobili up, screw small ball and nut up.

PwrGetter
05-21-2008, 11:27 PM
It's really amusing how to see how the excuses come out when a team loses.

Just face facts, 1st half, Spurs played well, Lakers were horrible. 2nd half, Lakers played well, Spurs couldnt knock down any of their 3's.

It's easy to say the Spurs were tired, since they lost, and if lakers lost, I'm sure Laker fans would attribute that to the rustiness of being off for 4 days.

It was a good game, IMO, both teams didnt play the way they can.

Game 2 will be more interesting. Great game 1.

td4mvp3
05-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the tip Nostradamus. Seems like I don't need to watch the next three games.

do what you want, but the point wasn't the prediction, it was saying it's lunacy to think that just because the margin was small, spurs fans should see this loss as any sort of good thing or reason to think less of the lakers.

NASpurs
05-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Lakers--They have the best player on the court in Kobe. They have a coach who knows the Spurs and their tendencies better than anyone. And don't underestimate Phil Jackson's smart game to game adjustments. Not only that, but the Lakers are also the deepest team the Spurs have faced as they have a good bench. And their top players have championship experience.

Top players? They just have Kobe and Fisher who have championship experience. The whole team sucks.

Anti.Hero
05-21-2008, 11:29 PM
Spurs couldn't run an offense in the 2nd half.

Oh well.

TheNextGen
05-21-2008, 11:29 PM
i find it funny how we need to belittle the Lakers to make us feel better. They just came back from a 20 points defecit in the 3rd. NO EXCUSE FOR THAT. IT SHOULDNT HAPPEN.

remingtonbo2001
05-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Not worried.

A certain person and I jinxed the game.

It won't happen again. At least for the rest of this series.

NASpurs
05-21-2008, 11:32 PM
do what you want, but the point wasn't the prediction, it was saying it's lunacy to think that just because the margin was small, spurs fans should see this loss as any sort of good thing or reason to think less of the lakers.

I'm confident. I haven't seen anything the Lakers have done to challenge that confidence. After game two we'll see. I really think the Spurs shot themselves in the foot for various reasons. Lakers are a good offensive team so I wasn't surprised by the scoring that brought them back into the game but the reality of the matter is, the Spurs let this one slip away.

And comparing this to the Suns and Spurs game 1 is stupid for whoever is going to do that. The difference between the Suns and Spurs are like night and day.

themachine2008
05-21-2008, 11:32 PM
i sense a lot of fear in this thread.

oh i'm not impressed by the lakers, they barely beat us, i was more worried with the suns and hornets, etc....

if that helps you sleep at night then good for you. a championship bound team doesn't lose a 20 point lead and lose. lakers played spurs style ball and won. oh and please with the refs comments. i thought you spurs fans had more class than the jazz fans. stop whining about that.

SRJ
05-21-2008, 11:35 PM
They're better than Phoenix, but not NO.

itzsoweezee
05-21-2008, 11:35 PM
spurs played great defense the entire game. they couldn't hit a jumpshot in teh second half and that was the difference.

NASpurs
05-21-2008, 11:36 PM

oh i'm not impressed by the lakers, they barely beat us, i was more worried with the suns and hornets, etc....

if that helps you sleep at night then good for you. a championship bound team doesn't lose a 20 point lead and lose. lakers played spurs style ball and won. oh and please with the refs comments. i thought you spurs fans had more class than the jazz fans. stop whining about that.

It was a game of energy. After the third, they ran out. It was as simple as that. If you think that's an excuse, I don't care. Just think of the circumstances the Spurs were in 48 hours ago. We'll see after game 2. No excuses from me.

Manudona
05-21-2008, 11:49 PM
Lakers fan should remember one thing before they trash talk the Spurs here. Spurs fan never booed their team like the Lakers fans did today :nope

Commissioner Stern
05-21-2008, 11:51 PM
They're better than Phoenix, but not NO.

Actually, the difference is that NOH made you play their style of ball. that's why they seemed more dominating. They ran you guys out of the gym when they beat you. On the other hand, you beat them handily when you played your style of grind it out ball.

Tonight, you had the Lakers playing your style of grind-it-out ball.

And you still lost.

After leading by 20. Playing your style.

You still lost.

You really should worry.

DriveFor5
05-21-2008, 11:51 PM

A championship bound team doesn't go down 20 at home in Game 1. :ihit

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 11:52 PM
Not worried.

A certain person and I jinxed the game.

It won't happen again. At least for the rest of this series.

What a relief, huh? It was your fault and a friend's that the Spurs lost?

Capt Bringdown
05-21-2008, 11:57 PM
Are you kidding? Kobe is the most intimidating player in the game, a stone-cold Spurs killer.

You think he doesn't get up for the Spurs? Way, way, way up?

He's only 3 wins away from the finals. I have a feeling he's going to play better from here on out.

SnakeBoy
05-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Spurs looked good. They ran out of gas and could'nt buy a bucket (open shots) but they still played good D and controlled the pace.

I heard media guys impressed that the Lakers were able to overcome being so well rested. What a fucking joke. Lakers fans should be worried not talkin shit.

ramoLB
05-22-2008, 12:03 AM
Some of you spurs fans are soo funny. Did mommy tell you that the spurs would come back in the series help you feel ok? Seriously this self justification is funny. You better hope your old ass team comes back to make this a competitive series because we have it locked up for the next 5 yrs....OUT

aka_USAPA
05-22-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm confident. I haven't seen anything the Lakers have done to challenge that confidence.

If you can really say that when the defending champions led by 20 points with 18 minutes left in the game, and lost, I'd have to say, you've got blinders on. :lol

som3on3_10
05-22-2008, 12:07 AM

And your team can't even hold the Lakers' jocks even with a 20 point lead. :lol:lol

kobe_mvp_24
05-22-2008, 12:11 AM

and on friday it will be a 6 game series to u, and than on sunday it will be a game 7 series to u and than on tuesday ull be fishing:lol

som3on3_10
05-22-2008, 12:14 AM

A championship bound team doesn't choke and give up a 20 point lead in the second half either. We could prolly spot you guys 20 points EVERY game and still come back and win...chokers!!! :lol

som3on3_10
05-22-2008, 12:17 AM
spurs played great defense the entire game. they couldn't hit a jumpshot in teh second half and that was the difference.

And they couldn't freakin miss in the first half also, otherwise the Lakers would have blown the Spurs out of the water. Stop making up excuses, you lost fair and square. Take it like a man and stop complaining like how Manu does on every play.

KHRIS
05-22-2008, 12:18 AM
i find it funny how we need to belittle the Lakers to make us feel better. They just came back from a 20 points defecit in the 3rd. NO EXCUSE FOR THAT. IT SHOULDNT HAPPEN.

All fans do it on every forum. People should just enjoy the game. Game 2 should be fun to watch.

DazedAndConfused
05-22-2008, 12:20 AM
You think the Spurs are going to get any more rest? They play again Friday, the big 3 played huge minutes again tonight. They are not going to see rest this entire series.

Pop can't play Manu, Tony, Tim, Bowen big minutes every game. The Spurs have to get production from their bench.

Capt Bringdown
05-22-2008, 12:20 AM
A game like this can be more intimidating than a blowout loss.

You can write off a blowout loss as an aberration, just one of those nights.

But a loss like this strikes right to the heart of your confidence, toughness and killer instinct.

The Spurs would be crazy not to be intimidated. Let's see how they respond, that's the true measure of a champion.

TheMACHINE
05-22-2008, 12:25 AM

HAHA...horrible comeback. FAIL.

mexicanjunior
05-22-2008, 12:25 AM
A game like this can be more intimidating than a blowout loss.

You can write off a blowout loss as an aberration, just one of those nights.

But a loss like this strikes right to the heart of your confidence, toughness and killer instinct.

The Spurs would be crazy not to be intimidated. Let's see how they respond, that's the true measure of a champion.

Agreed, I hope I am wrong but this seems like a real confidence killer game...

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2008, 12:29 AM
each team spotted the other 20 points, only one got he win. Kobe didn't rest

tmtcsc
05-22-2008, 12:43 AM
The Lakers missed shots tonight. They were rusty, they came out flat and Kobe was being weird in the 1st half.

I thought the whole game was being played in slow motion and it just seemed bizzare. The bottom line is, we stopped playing and CHOKED. In the playoffs a win is a win and I'm sure the Lakers won't give it back.

I think blame for the loss can go all around. Pop's substitutions sucked ass. Finley gave us nothing and obviously Manu was terrible tonight. I'm his biggest fan but he's hurt and he hurt the team tonight.

Why the hell did we go away from Oberto and the bigger line-up ? We were outrebounding them by a huge margin. Big mistake.

You can't help but feel like the Lakers won't give up no matter how big of a lead we have on them. That sucks. We self destructed. How many times will we keep DFish and Odom in check ? They missed alot of easy shots tonight.

aka_USAPA
05-22-2008, 12:51 AM
here's quote from Pop after the game...

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280521013

"Kobe, he was doing a trust-his-teammates thing in the first half," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "That's why he had five assists, and he was checking it all out and see where his territory was going to be. In the second half, he went to work.

"Obviously a difficult loss and we had a great opportunity. We didn't take advantage of it. Hurts like hell."

gmartin02
05-22-2008, 12:53 AM
This thread's title should be changed to "our team just fucking choked so lets make up a bunch of rationalizations so we can feel better" (at least for most of the first 20 posts).

DazedAndConfused
05-22-2008, 01:01 AM
Seriously, it's hilarious to hear Spur's fans call out the Mavs and Suns for being chokers and not recognize when their own team does it WAAAY worse.

beachwood
05-22-2008, 01:09 AM
I had the same feeling watching us blow our 20 point lead; that I still don't fear the Lakers half as much as the Suns or Hornets. I can't explain it though. When the Hornets crushed us in game 1 we looked absolutely overwhelmed. It was amateur hour. This game, we just seemed disinterested and tired. But i'm not sure if I'm being a homer or not.

beachwood
05-22-2008, 01:11 AM
Lakers only won #1 seed because other teams let them
Kobe's overrated
Pau is soft and will get shut down by Duncan
Lakers can't hold the Hornet's jock

We shall see :D

Kobe isn't overrated, but you're correct on all the rest.

beachwood
05-22-2008, 01:12 AM
Why the hell did we go away from Oberto and the bigger line-up ? We were outrebounding them by a huge margin. Big mistake.

For the life of me I don't understand this one either. We absolutely controlled the tempo with a bigger lineup in there.

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 01:13 AM
You guys aren't worried because you are fat and happy and don't see it yet.
But it's coming. You're gonna fall and fall hard because you do not respect this team. If you had any respect you wouldn't say things like 'i'm not concerned' or 'Spurs in 6' which I see a lot of around here. Are you kidding me, Spurs in 6? You're going to beat us 4 out of 5? That's just ignorant. Our team is awesome. No disrespect to the Spurs, you guys have a solid team as well. But please, at best you can only hope to win in 7. Don't give me this rubbish you aren't concerned.

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 01:15 AM
I had the same feeling watching us blow our 20 point lead; that I still don't fear the Lakers half as much as the Suns or Hornets. I can't explain it though. When the Hornets crushed us in game 1 we looked absolutely overwhelmed. It was amateur hour. This game, we just seemed disinterested and tired. But i'm not sure if I'm being a homer or not.

Newsflash: the Lakers are better than the Suns and Hornets.

Who won the WC???

Our team is better in the second half than the first half. We're getting better every game.

Dopey310
05-22-2008, 01:24 AM
Yea, I actually agree that fatigue was a factor in the second half for the Spurs. Thing is, 1 day break is the layout for the rest of this series. Spurs won't be getting any more 2 day, 3 day breaks for the rest of the series. If the Spurs old bones can't handle that minmal rest time, then they're fucked. Spurs fans are delusional if they think Kobe will come out this timid again in this series. He was feeling out his opponent, once he got their rhythm, he went on his usual full attack mode. I didn't see anything from the Spurs that showed me they can handle an attacking Kobe.

aka_USAPA
05-22-2008, 01:33 AM
I would love to see the Lakers make another statement by blowing the Spurs away in Game 2.

DazedAndConfused
05-22-2008, 01:38 AM
Kobe doesn't need to shot more in the 1st half, he just needs to be more aggressive with the ball. He needs to probe the defense the same way Parker does and force them to collapse on him.

The best thing that can possibly happen for the Lakers is if the Spurs double team Kobe. If they start doing that the series is OVER.

SPARKY
05-22-2008, 01:39 AM
Who won the WC???

Newsflash: TBD.

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 01:43 AM
Kobe doesn't need to shot more in the 1st half, he just needs to be more aggressive with the ball. He needs to probe the defense the same way Parker does and force them to collapse on him.

The best thing that can possibly happen for the Lakers is if the Spurs double team Kobe. If they start doing that the series is OVER.

Kobe managed a perfect game, imo. I love when he lays back the first half to get the team involved and monitors the defensive schemes and feels out the rhythm.

I hate when he is aggressive right away, it is counterproductive to the total offensive production and results of the team. I'll take this style every time from the Black Mamba.

His game is so elevated no matter what he does its probably the right decision anyway and we should just sit back and marvel at the greatest in the game. He's a living, playing legend. Go Triple Ocho.

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 01:43 AM
Newsflash: TBD.

Please just don't insult the Lakers by comparing them to the Hornets and Suns.

LA24
05-22-2008, 01:50 AM
If the Spurs are going to use the "we just played game 7 excuse" fine, I'll use the "We don't have Bynum" excuse !! Fair ?

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 01:57 AM
If the Spurs are going to use the "we just played game 7 excuse" fine, I'll use the "We don't have Bynum" excuse !! Fair ?

They'll just counter that with the Popovich whining 'you stole Gasol' argument, and it isn't fair, and the league gives everything to the Lakers.

5 peat baby... 5 peat.

aka_USAPA
05-22-2008, 01:57 AM
So glad that most native posters here underestimate the Lakers. It will make it more fun when the Lakers are done with the Spurs. Like I said, when the Lakers are done with the Spurs, I WILL OWN THIS PLACE!!!!!

Spur Spoiler
05-22-2008, 01:58 AM

Don't sleep, it will only make you frustrated.

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 02:00 AM
When you win 3 or 4 championships in a short period of time it makes you ignorant and naive. We've been through it several times.

aka_USAPA
05-22-2008, 02:01 AM
Newsflash: the Lakers are better than the Suns and Hornets.

Noooooooo. They are not. Ask the Spurs fans.

odogg726
05-22-2008, 02:20 AM
Hahaha, is this thread for real? The Spurs in 5? That's too funny to be offensive.

So let me get this straight: We came out rusty, Kobe only shoots 3 times in the entire first half, Fisher had an off shooting night, as did Lamar, we come back from 20 down midway through the 3rd, Kobe literally destroyed everybody you guys sent at him in the 2nd half, we're about to get Trevor Ariza back, and YOU GUYS feel you have the upper hand?

News Flash: We're not the Suns or Hornets. The Suns were garbage after the Shaq trade, and the Hornets crumbled in game 7 like you would expect a team with no post-season experience to do. I almost enjoy how the Spurs fans in here are underestimating the Lakers. Whatever helps you sleep at night, guys. You guys better hope and pray we don't win it this year, cuz that squeeking noise you're hearing, that's your championshio window closing rapidly. Just wait til Bynum is boning Duncan in the paint next year.

I originally had predicted Lakers in 6, but after seeing how your sorry ass team choked tonight, despite the MVP giving you guys a 2 quarter head start, I think I'm changing it to Lakers in 5. Enjoy your offseason.

Tradition
05-22-2008, 02:24 AM

Pheonix--Spurs had HCA, they have always owned Steve Nash, and their defense has always been bad to average.

Hornets--Inexperience played a huge part in the Spurs coming out of that series. Even Duncan said it; they had confidence cuz they've played together. Also, Hornets had no bench and so it was easier to let CP3 and West get theres and shut everyone else down.

Spurs let a golden opportunity slip away from them tonight. It's going to be a lot harder to come back from 0-2 against the Lakers than it was against the Hornets, I think. Game 2 is a must win for the Spurs. They just need to concentrate on what got them the lead in the first half, play smarter defensively and offense, wake Ginobili up, screw small ball and nut up.

Nice post. It is good to see someone show true respect for the Lakers.

Tradition
05-22-2008, 02:27 AM
Plus the thread starter is indirectly saying:

"I hate the Lakers so fucking much and it pisses me off that they are back! I am tired of this team getting in our fucking way of trying to win another championship. It just isnt fair!"

aka_USAPA
05-22-2008, 02:27 AM
It was amateur hour. This game, we just seemed disinterested and tired. But i'm not sure if I'm being a homer or not.

Got it. It wasn't that the Lakers made adjustments. It wasn't that the Lakers turned up the defense. It's just that the Spurs were disinterested and didn't want to win. Otay. Got it!!!!

aka_USAPA
05-22-2008, 02:29 AM
Oh, it wasn't that the Lakers beat the Spurs in their on game. The Spurs would have blown away any other team other than the Lakers tonight. But no. They are the defending champs and this loss is excusable. 10/4.

MambaJuice2408
05-22-2008, 02:38 AM
Truth of the matter is. Lakers won a Spurs type game. Something the Hornets werent able to do. If you told me neither team would score 90 pts. I would have told you Spurs would have won. THis game just gives me more confidence for game 2 and the rest of the lakers squad just got a monkey off their back. The rest of the guys will play much better, mainly D-fish I think. I expect around a 10 pts laker victory next game. San Antone should just get on the plane and fly home for game 3 and rest cuz no way their winning game 2 after blowing it like this. besides they wasted a great effort by Duncan.

LA24
05-22-2008, 03:18 AM
"If" (and a big "if"), the Lakers win, Spurs fans will still be saying "Hornets were still the tougher competition." :rollin

Whiteguy
05-22-2008, 05:29 AM
This is a prime example of what people will say to make them feel better about a loss.

PwrGetter
05-22-2008, 05:34 AM
This is a prime example of what people will say to make them feel better about a loss.

to be honest though, it's not much better on the laker boards. If Lakers lose any game, there's 10+ threads about player trades.

10% rational fans
90% over reacting babies....

... for any forum I go to concerning the NBA...

Man of Steel
05-22-2008, 05:34 AM
damn i screwed up

*leaves the site*

Don't go away mad.

Just get the fucking shit out of here and get these pimply faced juvenile asshole Licker fans with you if you can pry their tongues off their cum-stained keyboards.

Man of Steel
05-22-2008, 05:36 AM
It's really amusing how to see how the excuses come out when a team loses.

Just face facts, 1st half, Spurs played well, Lakers were horrible. 2nd half, Lakers played well, Spurs couldnt knock down any of their 3's.

It's easy to say the Spurs were tired, since they lost, and if lakers lost, I'm sure Laker fans would attribute that to the rustiness of being off for 4 days.

It was a good game, IMO, both teams didnt play the way they can.

Game 2 will be more interesting. Great game 1.

Good sensible post.

Whiteguy
05-22-2008, 05:48 AM
to be honest though, it's not much better on the laker boards. If Lakers lose any game, there's 10+ threads about player trades.

10% rational fans
90% over reacting babies....

... for any forum I go to concerning the NBA...

The Lakers forums are a lot worse considering on here, it at least looks like the posters have passed 5th grade.

rascal
05-22-2008, 06:08 AM

Finally someone with a realistic view point who can see beyond blind homerism. Great post.

mojorizen7
05-22-2008, 06:32 AM

Uhhh...excuse me but the SUNS lack of mental fortitude spawned by their dearly departed HC is what did them in after choking away game 1. The SPURS looked tired and will forget about the dissappointment of game 1 quicker than shit.
You can't compare the two here.

bdictjames
05-22-2008, 06:33 AM
lol one thing I know is you can never underestimate Phil Jackson.

mojorizen7
05-22-2008, 06:39 AM
lol one thing I know is you can never underestimate Phil Jackson.

Everytime he gets up to walk i get the urge to toss him some breadcrumbs.
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:7nPUKJQogIgv-M:http://www.boblangrish.com/images/galleriesimages/pic185%2520Pidgeon%2520Toed%2520%26%2520Bad%2520Ho oves.jpghttp://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:1ewFRWYKKNOfcM:http://collectingtokens.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/pigeon_messengers_engraving.jpghttp://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:eC3hvumxrFPdcM:http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/15320-2/phil%2Bjackson%2Bwalks%2Bon%2Bthe%2Bcourt.jpg

NY_LakerFan
05-22-2008, 09:32 AM

I was not going to get involved in this thread .... way too much testosterone driven BS.

However, I just could not let this ridiculous, ill-informed statement go without correcting the poster. I'm guessing you are just a child with no experience beyond the past few seasons.

Why don't you go to basketball-reference.com and educate yourself a bit on the history of champions. You'll see numerous examples of some of the best teams in history going at each other in title games ... blowing each other out and, in turn, being blow out.

Take a look at some of the epic battles between the Showtime Lakers with Magic and the Larry Bird led Celtics. In the 1985 finals, the Celtics beat us by 34 in the first game. By game three we beat them by 25.

Champions do fall behind and/or get beat by 20+ points. The difference between a champion and an also ran is that the champion does not let a huge deficit defeat their spirit. Our team did fall behind by 20 but had the spirit to come back and win.

The big question now is ... does THIS Spurs team have the willpower to not let BLOWING a huge lead affect their spirit. Our Lakers already answered the question about their willpower. Now it is time for the Spurs to put up or shut up.

urunobili
05-22-2008, 09:39 AM
After seeing this game, I can see how the Spurs are gonna dominate this series. Lakers squeaked by.

what a bad ass signature you have! :toast

MadDog73
05-22-2008, 09:43 AM
I'll be brutally honest:

The Lakers look like the best team in the NBA to me.

They came back from 20 points and beat the Spurs. They did what they had to do.

Now, I'm not going to say the Spurs have no chance, and that this is over, because it's too early to say.

But already the Lakers have done what neither the Spurs or Hornets could do in the last series: come back from 20 points down and win a game.

I'll give Lakers props for that. Phil just sits there, smiling when they're down 20, and says, "Kobe just needs to be more aggressive."

That's just cold.

I have an irrational hatred for the Lakers, probably because every time they win a game, I get flashbacks to 2001, 2002 and 2004. But, they don't win because they are a worst team than the Suns!

Come on Spurs fans. You can believe the Spurs will win, without diminishing what a force the Lakers are, and how hard they will be to beat in LA with one-day rests between games.

41times
05-22-2008, 10:01 AM

The one huge, gigantic flaw in your logic is you can't exclude Kobe.

Yeah you might not think Gasol is all that. Neither do i. He is soft, a poor defender but a pretty decent scorer.

Radmonovich decent shooter not a great defender

Odom, he is pretty good but not great.

Fisher, old but can still hit a shot every now and then.

Farmer, Vujacic, Walton, Turiaf.......mostly spares

The problem is that Kobe makes all these guys way better than they would be indivitually by taking the double teams and passing to the open man. He draws so much attention that he takes the pressure off of the other guys and they can hurt you.

But never mind all that. Because in the end, when you think you have the game in hand, Kobe can flick his switch and he becomes literally unstoppable.
Yeah you might foul him but then he will make 80-90% from the line.

The best thing you can hope for is that Kobe stays in a passive mode too long or that he gets hurt. Other than that, you can't stop him if he does not want to be stopped.

So don't fear the other guys, fine. But Kobe makes up for all that and more.

SpurYank
05-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Hmm, this first game loss reminds me of the opening series against the Suns (I believe it was 1999), and we lost the first game, at home even, and somehow all of us thought "Well, we can't win it in four now."

So we won it in six games. I don't understand what all the fuss is about this Laker team. Except for Gasol, it's the same team Kobe was bitching about all Fall of last year.

trjons
05-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Game 1 was a must win for the Spurs given Phil Jackson's track record, and given that it was a Spurs officiating crew.

Game 2 will be higher scoring because the refs will actually call fouls. Over 100 points = Spurs loss.

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2008, 11:49 AM
This was the shittiest game 1 the Spurs opponent has played this playoffs. Laker fans can't deny that. Not the team just the game.

urunobili
05-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Game 1 was a must win for the Spurs given Phil Jackson's track record, and given that it was a Spurs officiating crew.

Game 2 will be higher scoring because the refs will actually call fouls. Over 100 points = Spurs loss.
they said the same last series when we never came back from 0-2 or 2-3... keep participating :toast

:owned:

trjons
05-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Last series you were playing a weaker team.

BiZNicK
05-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Enough with the confidence BS. Funny how everyone thinks their psychologists and know exactly how every team feels after a game.

Oh, this team must be emotionally drained. Oh, this team feels so confident so now they will win the series. Oh, this team doesn't fear this team at all. I hate all that BS. Unless any of you interview a player and they reveal their emotion, then you have something to back it up.

SpursDynasty
05-22-2008, 12:50 PM

Not really..the Lakers aren't that good...name accomplishments on this team outside of Kobe's?

MadDog73
05-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Not really..the Lakers aren't that good...name accomplishments on this team outside of Kobe's?

Dude, why tempt fate?

Recognize these are quality opponents.

Makes it more sweet when we beat them.

SpursDynasty
05-22-2008, 12:58 PM
(wait's to hear accomplishments of this Lakers squad outside of Kobe)

MadDog73
05-22-2008, 01:08 PM

Isn't Kobe enough?

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 01:11 PM
The Lakers forums are a lot worse considering on here, it at least looks like the posters have passed 5th grade.

Which forum do you mean?

LakersGround.net is a bunch of crybabies, and the moderators are total pussies. Typical LA i guess. I got banned from LG.net as a huge Lakers fan because I flamed a troll using the word "Fkn" becuase of the language filter. So I got banned after being on their for a year tonguing Kobe's balls.

That's how they treat their home fans. Fuck LakersGround.net. I'll take a flamethrower to that place!!!

This board is ten times fucking better, its real fucking adults on here who don't need a fucking language filter to protect their feelings.

I got banned from the site for saying Manu Ginobili is a cunt on a post. I was trying to get banned because I was pissed at LakersGround.net... but the Mod only gave me a one day out, so that was pretty fucking cool. I calmed down and don't plan on posting any Manu Ginobili is a cunt posts anymore. They cahnged it to "I have a Small Penis" anyway so I think thats about the proper way to deal with idiot posts, and everyone hammered on me. That's how you handle it. Not like LakersGround.net who bans you for life with no explanation or debate. Fuck those fucking fucks.

41times
05-22-2008, 01:23 PM

Again, you can't exclude Kobe from the equation. That's like saying what did the Bulls ever do without Jordan when he was still with the team.

Unless Kobe is not playing you can not use that logic.

tmtcsc
05-22-2008, 11:18 PM
I'll be brutally honest:

The Lakers look like the best team in the NBA to me.

They came back from 20 points and beat the Spurs. They did what they had to do.

Now, I'm not going to say the Spurs have no chance, and that this is over, because it's too early to say.

But already the Lakers have done what neither the Spurs or Hornets could do in the last series: come back from 20 points down and win a game.

I'll give Lakers props for that. Phil just sits there, smiling when they're down 20, and says, "Kobe just needs to be more aggressive."

That's just cold.

I have an irrational hatred for the Lakers, probably because every time they win a game, I get flashbacks to 2001, 2002 and 2004. But, they don't win because they are a worst team than the Suns!

Come on Spurs fans. You can believe the Spurs will win, without diminishing what a force the Lakers are, and how hard they will be to beat in LA with one-day rests between games.

??? Hold up a sec. First off, there are 2 players and 1 coach from those teams of the Three-peat Lakers on the roster. No need to go having nightmares.

What the Lakers do well is PASS the ball. I'll give you this, they have the most complete, dominant OFFENSIVE player in the league in Kobe Bryant. With him on their team, they will always have a chance to win.

That's about as far as the props to them goes. Otherwise, they have a roster full of untested players that are now just beginning to learn what it means to play this deep in the playoffs. You will see some players grow up and play big (probably Vujacic) and others fail to answer the challenge and succumb to what they are..(Odom and Gasol).--> Perennial losers who couldn't get their former teams over the hump. At this stage,playing the defending champs,deep down, Gasol is a Memphis Grizzly at heart and Odom is a Clipper.

Crunch time and big shots leads to alligator arms for some players and others tend to step up to the plate. If you were on the Lakers would you have the guts to shoot the "shot" over Kobe ? Eh, probably not. Kobe is great but he can't do it all by himself. We have the better nucleus to get through and win this series.

:flag: Kobe can say what he wants to about going off anytime he wants but that can sometimes lead to BAD basketball. I'll be ok with him trying to do that.

themachine2008
05-30-2008, 11:29 AM
wow this thread blew up on someone's face. lol.

go lakers.

Kobe24Forever
05-30-2008, 11:34 AM
this thread is really worth the read.

KB_MVP
05-30-2008, 11:34 AM
wow this thread blew up on someone's face. lol.

go lakers.

yes it did!!!!

Spurminator
05-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah, yeah good stuff, laugh it up.

But really, it's true. While Kobe is the most intimidating individual player we've faced (slightly more than CP3), the Lakers were the least intimidating team we faced in the Playoffs. We had to pull out some great performances to beat the Suns and the Hornets. We played like ass in the WCFs and every game except the second one was still there for the taking. We play you guys in round 1 and we win in five or six. Then we probably lose to the Hornets in the WCFs.

Call it sour grapes if you want, but fuck it. I don't feel compelled to parrot the usual obligatory plaudits. You don't need it anyway. You guys get to go to the Finals and you earned it. Stamina is part of the game and we didn't have what it took to get through three rounds. You did. Good luck in the Finals.

Dopey310
05-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Yeah, yeah good stuff, laugh it up.

But really, it's true. While Kobe is the most intimidating individual player we've faced (slightly more than CP3), the Lakers were the least intimidating team we faced in the Playoffs. We had to pull out some great performances to beat the Suns and the Hornets. We played like ass in the WCFs and every game except the second one was still there for the taking. We play you guys in round 1 and we win in five or six. Then we probably lose to the Hornets in the WCFs.

Call it sour grapes if you want, but fuck it. I don't feel compelled to parrot the usual obligatory plaudits. You don't need it anyway. You guys get to go to the Finals and you earned it. Stamina is part of the game and we didn't have what it took to get through three rounds. You did. Good luck in the Finals.

lol this most makes no sense. Yea, you guys pulled off some great games to win against the Suns and Hornets but you simply got beat down by the Lakers. Who cares if you guys aren't intimidated, you lost. All that matters. :lol Lakers > Suns, Spurs, Hornets.

Spurminator
05-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Who cares if we weren't intimidated? Who bumped the thread, genius? Stay on topic.

trjons
05-30-2008, 12:28 PM
The Spurs were the least intimidating team the Lakers faced all playoffs.

Denver was young, wildly athletic, and fast tempo.
Utah was super tough inside, awesome at home, and young and athletic.
Spurs were the champs last year, but were old and limped into the playoffs.

Not surprised it was a quick series.

sedale threatt
05-30-2008, 12:42 PM
" . . . Farmer, Vujacic, Walton, Turiaf.......mostly spares . . "

quality thread.

trjons
05-30-2008, 12:53 PM
"Thomas....Horry....Finley....Barry...." A who's who from 1999?

Los Spurs
05-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Who cares if we weren't intimidated? Who bumped the thread, genius? Stay on topic.

:lmao

Spur-Addict
05-30-2008, 12:58 PM
The Spurs were the least intimidating team the Lakers faced all playoffs.

Denver was young, wildly athletic, and fast tempo.
Utah was super tough inside, awesome at home, and young and athletic.
Spurs were the champs last year, but were old and limped into the playoffs.

Not surprised it was a quick series.

You're obviously an idiot. Two games were decided by two points, you're very delusional.

:nope

Dopey310
05-30-2008, 01:35 PM
You're obviously an idiot. Two games were decided by two points, you're very delusional.

:lol Jazz put a better fight. It was more "intimidating" for Lakers going in to Energy Solutions than AT&T imo. Jazz were close to pushing the series to 7. Lakers looked in control the whole series. Kobe was basically toying with the Spurs at the end.

Spurminator
05-30-2008, 01:38 PM
It's true, we weren't very intimidating at all this series. We were a bunch of hobbled old dogs. Kudos on having the superior stamina.

Lake_show
05-30-2008, 01:46 PM
The reality is we don't even have Bynum back yet.

Spurminator
05-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Holy shit you're right OMG I hadn't even thought of that, that changes everything.

IllegalAmigo
05-30-2008, 01:54 PM

Well, technically, this *purs fan was right. http://emoticons4u.com/crazy/1415.gif

Lakers08Champs
05-30-2008, 02:07 PM

Lol oh really so who's gone fishing now??? :lmao :lobt2:

~~~~~~
05-30-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm obviously an idiot. Two games were decided by two points, I'm very delusional.

game 1: Lakers 89 Spurs 85
game 2: Lakers 101 Spurs 71
game 3: Lakers 84 Spurs 102
game 4: Lakers 93 Spurs 91
game 5: Lakers 100 Spurs 92

trjons
05-30-2008, 04:06 PM

Which two games were those? I realize the Lakers blew a 7 point lead in 20 seconds to turn a 7 point win into a 2 point win in Game 4.

Superstar Basketball
05-30-2008, 04:30 PM
We had the easiest road to the WCF.
Nuggets were too involved in getting DUIs and not going to practice...
Jazz was intimidating... but we still own them....

As much as you want the Lakers again.. the Hornets want the Spurs just as bad.
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Hornets find a way to beat the Spurs next season. Watching CP3 and Bowen go at it made the series fun to watch.

Lakers14Titles
05-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Jazz>>>>>>>>>>Spurs

Lakers14Titles
05-30-2008, 04:45 PM
It's true, we weren't very intimidating at all this series. We were a bunch of hobbled old dogs. Kudos on having the superior stamina.

And the better team...oh and the best player in the world too.

Sour grapes.

Nice name BTW....Sperminator.

Superstar Basketball
05-30-2008, 04:47 PM
you better change your name soon.

cuz that's going to be Lakers15Titles after we run Celtics out of the building.

Lakers14Titles
05-30-2008, 04:52 PM
you better change your name soon.

cuz that's going to be Lakers15Titles after we run Celtics out of the building.

Happy to change it!