PDA

View Full Version : Official Ref Discussion Thread

50 cent
05-21-2008, 10:57 PM
This is why it's so damn hard to beat the Lakers. It's not their talent. They are the least talented team we have played.

No doubt the Spurs played like shit, but the Lakers got every fucking call in the 4th quarter. Any touch foul is a Spurs foul. The Lakers hack the shit out of the Spurs and nothing. :bang

thekingrobert
i totally agree that's why im ot so ucj worried

K-State Spur
knock it off.

we were only -1 at the line on the road and blew a 20 point lead.

there were a couple of iffy calls in the final 5 minutes, but the refs don't rank in the top 50 reasons that the spurs lost this game.

ATXSPUR
05-21-2008, 10:58 PM
This isn't the refs fault. Any loss where you led by 20 points can't be blamed on anybody but yourself.

sribb43
05-21-2008, 10:59 PM
refs gave the spurs the ball when it clearly went off Manu and not Gasol in the last 2 minutes

baseline bum
It was more like 4 vs 5 with Manu on the court.

Kori Ellis
:lmao @ this being on the refs

The refs didn't make Ginobili disappear and the refs didn't make Pop make stupid decisions.

This is on the Spurs team and coaches, not on the refs.

mVp
05-21-2008, 11:00 PM
The Spurs lost on their own... we were up by 20 fucking points in the third.

50 cent
05-21-2008, 11:00 PM
I know the Spurs deserved to lose, but the officiating was atrocious in the 4th quarter. Kobe cleared out on the shot to take the lead. The Bowen foul for their first lead was a weak touch foul to give them the lead. 5 calls on the road in a 5 minute period will fuck you in the ass and that's what happened when the Spurs had already shoved their own dildo up their own asses.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-21-2008, 11:01 PM
You forgot to account for Pop going into the fetal position against Phil. Again.

SouthernFried
05-21-2008, 11:01 PM
That hack on Duncan with Spurs down 2 and one minute left...Obviously a hack, and obviously NOT off Duncan...

I don't care if the Spurs blew a 20 point lead, that's a bullshit call in the last minute of the game...and everyone knows it.

Brutalis
05-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Refs blew a couple calls late but that didn't decide the game one bit.

ballhog
05-21-2008, 11:03 PM
That hack on Duncan with Spurs down 2 and one minute left...Obviously a hack, and obviously NOT off Duncan...

I don't care if the Spurs blew a 20 point lead, that's a bullshit call in the last minute of the game...and everyone knows it.

That was bad....at least the refs acted like they might change the call then thought " It's Laker ball when in doubt".

ecksodia
05-21-2008, 11:03 PM
^^ agreed.

superfedja
05-21-2008, 11:04 PM
First, Gasol fouls Duncan and they call it out of bounds for Lakers. Then, Kobe makes an offensive foul (lowered his shoulder + extended his arm... that's an automatic call) on Bowen which enables him to make an easy jumper and take the lead. Finally, Ginobili gets hammered on the last play but instead they call a foul on Vujacic just to make sure the Lakers win.

I'm sorry for makin excuses, the spurs didnt play their best but this game was officiated extremely well except for the last 3 minutes where it was officiated extremely in favor of the lakers. I just hope the spurs beat them cuz lakers really didnt deserve to win this one... especially not after all the rest they had.

TheNextGen
05-21-2008, 11:07 PM
6vs4 tonight...manu was wearin Lakers Jersey

thekingrobert
05-21-2008, 11:07 PM
not really Gasol was constantly over Duncans back on rebounds and also mugging Duncan when he posted up but oh well its over ow

SpurOutofTownFan
05-21-2008, 11:08 PM
this loss had nothing to do with the refs

Critter
:lol

DazedAndConfused
Haha, only a matter of time before you sour grapes pulled the ref card. That was as even an officiating game as you will see in this entire series.

SequSpur
You know what, I don't sit here and complain about the fucking refs, but that was some serious bullshit.

Call after call wasn't fucking made and then on the other end the call that wasn't fucking made was called.

Shit...

and then the whole team went into the tank. And wtf is up with the small ball? Oberto and Thomas were destroying them? Huh?

Mamba24
The refs pretty much stayed out of the way in this game. There were some highly questionable calls for both sides.

Ludovician
05-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Did Bowen really think he was going to get a call like that against Kobe in LA? That was a horrendous, stupid ass play by Bowen.

DazedAndConfused
Hhahhahahahah

The Refs!!!!! Hahhahhahaha

Allanon
And don't forget Bowen pulling Kobe to the ground by his Jersey on what you guys said was a travel.

Refs gave 2 iffy calls in the end there, 1 to the Lakers and then gave it right back to the Spurs.

Refs did very well for the road team tonight.

This loss was about missing shots while others made them.

Ludovician
Fuk Spurs fans blaming this loss on the refs.

SpurOutofTownFan
Haha, only a matter of time before you sour grapes pulled the ref card. That was as even an officiating game as you will see in this entire series.

refs had nothing to do with this loss but you D&C should feel happy the lakers got out with a win. spurs laid a huge egg tonight

polandprzem
:lmao @ this being on the refs

The refs didn't make Ginobili disappear and the refs didn't make Pop make stupid decisions.

This is on the Spurs team and coaches, not on the refs.

yea but some calls were pretty lame

and we had d.crawford, corbin and delaney :bang

SPURS50
They screwed the spurs a little. But Ginobili did a better job than the refs!

timvp
05-21-2008, 11:10 PM
This was game was called perfectly even. WTF?

Aggie Hoopsfan
Because we needed another misguided thread on the refs, there wasn't enough out there already :tu

Nahtanoj
Tough win, tough loss.

Que Gee
Fuk Spurs fans blaming this loss on the refs.

Absolutely agree. Thats a fucking embarrassment. If you people think the refs lost this game for the Spurs, you have no fucking clue and should be banned.

T Park
Yeah from what I heard is was a perfectly called game.

The Spurs will be lucky to get another evenly called game.

GSH
I thought the officiating was all we could have hoped for on the road. You can bitch about some calls here and there, but so can the Lakers. We got open looks that we didn't knock down, plain and simple. Manu and Fin shot like crap, and we were still in the game until the last play. But the refs didn't take over the game, and I think some effort went into making that happen.

I hope the rest of the games are called as evenly as this one. If they are, I still like our chances.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-21-2008, 11:11 PM
the refs had nothing to do with this and this series is far from over

MannyIsGod
Horrible thread.

Dopey310
I thought there were questionable calls that went both ways. The refs didn't give any cheap fouls at the end to either team so I duno how you can blame this loss on the refs.

Deuces88
Even if the Spurs blew their lead, that doesn't excuse the terrible calls the refs made during the clutch. Gasol fouling and knocking the ball out of Duncan hands and giving it to the Lakers. Then Kobe lowering his shoulder into Bowen chest, no call, Kobe makes the shot to take the lead. Even if the Spurs blew the lead, I don't want to fucking see refs deciding close games.

spurscenter
yea

dont blame the refs as much as I hate the refs being biased

the refs knew the story was: LAKERS Come back from 20

so they followed accordingly.

if this was in SA we win.

but Spurs beat themselves

DazedAndConfused
Hahah EVERY LOSER ASS TEAM BLAMES THE REFS.

I love it! The REFS HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

SequSpur
05-21-2008, 11:12 PM
well what the fuck.... gasol gets a body foul and duncan gets fucking raped on every play and no call... well fuck that...

ballhog
05-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Hhahhahahahah

The Refs!!!!! Hahhahhahaha

Kobe said he was gonna rape them.

javon23
05-21-2008, 11:13 PM
http://ifs88.imagefly.info/ifs88/0e/kobe%20spurs%20no%20charge.gif

SpurOutofTownFan
05-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Hahah EVERY LOSER ASS TEAM BLAMES THE REFS.

I love it! The REFS HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

you are eventually fall for that as well so... what going out with big letters now?

TxJudsonRocketTx
I'd love to blame the refs but Pop, Ginobili, Finley, and Udoka all contributed mightily to this loss. I don't know how many stupid fucking passes Manu can throw in 1 game but I think he was trying to find out, and Udoka was abused by Kobe which I can't be mad at, but passing up open looks and looking for the two is not the Ime we saw last round. And finley....well same old shit. Pop tonight let the Lakers get back in the game when he sat Bruce and then came back in with fucking Barry for offense instead of Bruce for D. This is the fucking WCF you don't let a team come back from down 20 unless you plan on not winning the fucking series. We're not the fucking Suns but we sure acted like it tonight. And what is Phils record after winning Game 1 of a series? I was extremely confident after we got blown out by N.O in games 1 and 2 but this is not a team of first time playoff participants in L.A. Manu needs to pull his head out of his ass and Pop...I don't even know what to say other than he fucking knows better.

Credit to Phil Jackson on letting Duncan pretty much dominate in the first half thus freezing out our other shooters and then bringing the doubles and forcing the guys who hadn't shot all night to make plays. Great coaching and no this one is not on the refs

resistanze
Looks less and less like a push off with each view.

Borosai
I know the refs aren't responsible for the loss, but if they had called the holding foul when Manu was going for the rebound, that would've given the Spurs a better chance. But they swallowed their whistles.

Deuces88
05-21-2008, 11:15 PM
Real Spurs fans. End this discussion. Lakers get a win by their teeth because of certain Spurs players playing terrible (others being basically a cancer ---> Finley) and questionable calls at the end and in their own home.

Spurs basically show that their going to easily win this series. They must be glad because after what they faced in N.O., this will be a cakewalk.

Tek_XX
The refs overall were decent, they could have called a lot of stupid shit on the spurs with all the flopping and stairdowns the Lakers were doing but they didn't. And yes the black head ref blew the call on Duncans out of bounds

Deuces88

Thanks for showing this. Kobe lowered his left shoulder into Bowen. That's an offensive foul.

kydrice
05-21-2008, 11:16 PM
I have to applaud San Antonio fans, you guys are actually calling this on your own team rather than lay the blame on the Refs. I have to say I've been on the Jazz boards and everytime they lost they blamed the refs. Heres to a great WCF!! to game 7!!

I have to admit though, Spurs did get some shitty calls in the final minutes. That Kobe offensive foul should of been called and the the ball that got knocked out of Duncan was clearly touched last by Pau.

Killakobe81
Again you were up by 20 ... no complaints then. Also Kobe was not on the line like vs. Jazz ...they let them play on both sides you guys didnt get called for some physical contact ...and in the 4th it turned around and we were the aggresors ...

ballhog
I thought there were questionable calls that went both ways. The refs didn't give any cheap fouls at the end to either team so I duno how you can blame this loss on the refs.

The refs will be under a microscope in this series because of desire for the NBA bosses to have the Lakers in the Finals against the Celtics. They're gonna get the breaks....not Spurs or Detroit. This game was pretty well officiated but a few questionable calls is all it takes.

Spurologist
05-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Thanks for showing this. Kobe lowered his left shoulder into Bowen. That's an offensive foul.

the refs are not going to make that call in that situation 100% of the time. The refs weren't that bad but that out of bounds call under the basket that clearly went off Gasol was atrocious.

Deuces88
05-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Again you were up by 20 ... no complaints then. Also Kobe was not on the line like vs. Jazz ...they let them play on both sides you guys didnt get called for some physical contact ...and in the 4th it turned around and we were the aggresors ...

Again, blowing a 20-pt lead does not excuse the refs for making blatantly biased calls down the stretch in a close game. That part of the game is most important and the officiating should be top-notch, not biased.

Spurs don't foul like Jazz, or are you too slow to understand that?

50 cent
05-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Yeah from what I heard is was a perfectly called game.

The Spurs will be lucky to get another evenly called game.

If this was an evenly called game then we are so fucked it's not even funny.

The refs didn't start screwing us until mid 4th quarter this game, but there were about 6 blatent calls which will obviously change a game.

GSH
(Sorry....didn't see this before starting another.):depressed

The officiating was as good as we could have hoped for on the road. The refs didn't take the game over. You can bitch about some calls along the way, but so can the Lakers. We had open looks, and couldn't knock them down. We missed too many free throws. And still we were in the game until the last play, on the road.

I hope the rest of the series is called this evenly. If they are, I still like our chances.

Deuces88
the refs are not going to make that call in that situation 100% of the time. The refs weren't that bad but that out of bounds call under the basket that clearly went off Gasol was atrocious.

However, this no-call on Kobe is what changed the game and essentially decided the game. I don't like games decided by the refs.

Critter
spurs fans
stop making excuses
you lost the damn game, move on

Ludovician
05-21-2008, 11:21 PM
The refs will be under a microscope in this series because of desire for the NBA bosses to have the Lakers in the Finals against the Celtics. They're gonna get the breaks....not Spurs or Detroit. This game was pretty well officiated but a few questionable calls is all it takes.

A few questionable calls aren't any help if you're down by 20.

polandprzem
05-21-2008, 11:23 PM
This was game was called perfectly even. WTF?

I like the non touch fouls - Oberto and Duncan and the foul at theend of a game.

But agreed - not the refs to blame, gotdamnit :pctoss

15 RINGS BITCH
05-21-2008, 11:24 PM
The Nba Tried To Give It To The Spurs And They Choked It Away.

Plain And Simple. Spurs Choke On Even Years. Get Over It Or Learn To Repeat.

MizzouMerlin
05-21-2008, 11:25 PM
This one can't be placed on the refs. That's for sure when you lead by 20 with six minutes left in the third.

However, did anybody see Kobe's insane travel in the third quarter on an up-an-under move on the right side of the basket against Ginobili? He established his left foot as his pivot, pump faked, switched to his right foot, took a step and then shot. I couldn't believe nothing was called. I think it came with a minute left in the third. I would love to see that one again if anybody with the capabilities of making a clip knows the play I'm talking about.

DarrinS
05-21-2008, 11:27 PM
The only glaring bad call was when Tim got the ball knocked out of his hands (out of bounds) and they gave it to the Lakers.

G-Nob
05-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Looks less and less like a push off with each view.

Bowen has to know he is not going to get that call that late in the game.

15 RINGS BITCH
05-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Discuss The Refs If It Validates The Choke Job.

You Just Got Schooled On Shutdown Defense.

Period

MizzouMerlin
05-21-2008, 11:28 PM

Agreed. Bowen has to stay close to him and make it a tough shot.

Mr. Peabody
05-21-2008, 11:29 PM

I agree. Bowen should have just manned up and played solid D instead of trying to get the call so late in the game.

Allanon
05-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Kobes "lowering the shoulder" was a flop by Bowen, he barely touched him and Bowen flies 5 feet. You ain't getting that call.

Duncan's tip-in in the final minute was over the back of a rebounding Kobe.

But who cares, win the game convincingly and you win. Gotta give props to some of the Spurfans, the game was pretty well ref'ed considering the Spurs were the road team.

Ludovician
05-21-2008, 11:31 PM
The Bowen play could have been called a blocking foul, honestly.

But, Kobe traveled when Bowen used the classic Karl Malone move, but they just let him call timeout.

SouthernFried
05-21-2008, 11:32 PM
It ain't about losing the 20 point lead you idiots.

It's about a ref making an OBVIOUSLY wrong call with less than a minute left and the team that's up 2 getting the ball back.

If the SPURS get the ball back and score...its a totally different game.

So don't tell me it's not about the refs..and the refs didn't decide the game just cause your pissed we blew a 20 point lead. The game still coulda been won if that call was made correctly.

zepn
05-21-2008, 11:32 PM
The Spurs did blow a big lead, but they were still ahead by 5 when the ref's took over. Spurs still win if the last 3 minutes are called evenly.

And that isn't whining or making excuses. That's just the truth. If the rest of you want to get on your moral high-horse and say the ref's don't decide games, well that's just sanctimonious bullshit. The Spurs still should not have blown a 20 point lead, but they would have been ahead at the end if the calls were fair in the last three minutes.

Ludovician
05-21-2008, 11:45 PM
That was the only call in the entire game that you can say was unequivocally bad in game the Spurs had a 20 point lead in and the Spurs weren't going to pull it off at that point anyway. The game was over as soon as LA took the lead.

pawe
05-21-2008, 11:51 PM
excuses excuses! its not the refs fault that the spurs blew the 20 pt lead. rest up and get ready to play full 48 mins on fri.

Spurs Brazil
05-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Refs were fine and that's what make me more worried

We may see a Salvatore or Rush in game 2 and than we're fucked

zepn
05-21-2008, 11:55 PM
The game was tied when Kobe pushed-off on Bowen, then shouldered into him. That one no-call was a potential four point swing. Lakers won by four...

...and that wasn't the only bad/no call at the end.

Allanon
05-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Refs were fine and that's what make me more worried

We may see a Salvatore or Rush in game 2 and than we're fucked

Yes, I gotta agree, if you think the Spurs got jobbed in this game, you haven't seen anything yet.

GSH
05-22-2008, 12:00 AM
The Spurs did blow a big lead, but they were still ahead by 5 when the ref's took over. Spurs still win if the last 3 minutes are called evenly.

And that isn't whining or making excuses. That's just the truth. If the rest of you want to get on your moral high-horse and say the ref's don't decide games, well that's just sanctimonious bullshit. The Spurs still should not have blown a 20 point lead, but they would have been ahead at the end if the calls were fair in the last three minutes.

Manu and Fin went a combined 3-18 from the floor. And a lot of those were open looks. If those two guys shoot just 33% tonight, we walk out with a win.

In the last 18 minutes of the game, Parker and Manu both made some really bad decisions, and threw away possessions. Once again, the refs didn't do that... the Spurs did. Seriously, I would give anything to know that the rest of the games would be called as evenly as this one.

The reason I say that is because I think some effort went into making sure the game was called fairly. Give credit where it is due, as well as the blame.

Right now, the Lakers know they dodged a bullet, the way Manu and Finley shot the ball. Kobe shot lights-out in the second half, but the Lakers can see that they don't have an answer for Duncan. We don't need anything different from the refs to go home with a split. All we need is for Manu to be up for Game 2.

Allanon
05-22-2008, 12:13 AM
The Bowen play could have been called a blocking foul, honestly.

But, Kobe traveled when Bowen used the classic Karl Malone move, but they just let him call timeout.

Kobe traveled but on the replay, you can see Bowen pulled Kobe down by the jersey. Nice sneaky move by the Bruce

zepn
05-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Manu and Fin went a combined 3-18 from the floor. And a lot of those were open looks. If those two guys shoot just 33% tonight, we walk out with a win.

In the last 18 minutes of the game, Parker and Manu both made some really bad decisions, and threw away possessions. Once again, the refs didn't do that... the Spurs did. Seriously, I would give anything to know that the rest of the games would be called as evenly as this one.

The reason I say that is because I think some effort went into making sure the game was called fairly. Give credit where it is due, as well as the blame.

Right now, the Lakers know they dodged a bullet, the way Manu and Finley shot the ball. Kobe shot lights-out in the second half, but the Lakers can see that they don't have an answer for Duncan. We don't need anything different from the refs to go home with a split. All we need is for Manu to be up for Game 2.

I thought the game was fairly called until the last few minutes. But those bad calls / no calls at the end decided the game at that point, regardless of how big a lead the Spurs blew.

HarlemHeat37
05-22-2008, 12:30 AM
I don't give a fuck about the refs..

my brother was angry with the call vs. Duncan and some of the other calls down the stretch, but I could care less..TWENTY POINT LEAD..I wouldn't give a fuck if they blew a 100 calls down the stretch in LA's favor..you don't blow a 20 point lead, that's ALL on the team..just an embarrassing loss..

zepn
05-22-2008, 12:40 AM
I don't give a fuck about the refs..

my brother was angry with the call vs. Duncan and some of the other calls down the stretch, but I could care less..TWENTY POINT LEAD..I wouldn't give a fuck if they blew a 100 calls down the stretch in LA's favor..you don't blow a 20 point lead, that's ALL on the team..just an embarrassing loss..

Then why are you posting on the Official Ref Discussion Thread?

They shouldn't have blown a 20 point lead, but they still would have won with fair calls down the stretch.

HarlemHeat37
05-22-2008, 12:46 AM
I meant I don't give a fuck about how the refs called the game..too much complaining..

you don't know that the game would have turned out differently..you don't know that the Spurs would have scored if they called the Gasol hack on Duncan..the Spurs lost because there was a chokejob..

zepn
05-22-2008, 01:00 AM
I meant I don't give a fuck about how the refs called the game..too much complaining..

you don't know that the game would have turned out differently..you don't know that the Spurs would have scored if they called the Gasol hack on Duncan..the Spurs lost because there was a chokejob..

Lakers won by four.

The no-call on Kobe was 2 points for the Lakers and -2 free throws for the Spurs.

The no-call on Gasol was -2 free throws for the Spurs and possession for the Lakers

Those 6 point alone would have won the game.

spursluva
05-22-2008, 07:31 AM
Refs blew a couple calls late but that didn't decide the game one bit.

that's true

gospursgojas
05-22-2008, 07:45 AM
Can't blame the refs for this one....

Lakers999
05-22-2008, 07:58 AM
you guys should be the last team to blame the refs....you wanna kno why? just ask the suns fans

TwinFlowers
05-22-2008, 08:00 AM
don't get all convenient and forget the two non-calls in the sp*rs favor down the stretch: manu's hip check and tdunc's over the back for the put in.

both fouls, neither called.

hey, your team choked away yet another game to the lakers. deal with it.

TwinFlowers
05-22-2008, 08:01 AM
and bowen's cheap shot on sasha.

TwinFlowers
05-22-2008, 08:01 AM
i could go on.

urunobili
05-22-2008, 08:04 AM
This isn't the refs fault. Any loss where you led by 20 points can't be blamed on anybody but yourself.

sure it's not... Gasol hacking Duncan and getting the ball back... then Manu getting fouled on the last play and nothing... sure.. we lost this game ourselves... and Pop should have some of the blame for benching Bowen when he got his 3rd foul and they started their run... :pctoss

Jon1798
05-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Damn, every time ya'll lose ya'll are blaming the ref. Ya'll blamed the refs on 20 point losses to the Hornets, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. (This is only to those Spurs fans that do blame the refs, many of you have not).

What's funny is the call between Gasol and Duncan at the end actually HELPED the Spurs. Right after giving the Lakers the ball, they gave it right back to the Spurs, and Duncan tipped it in to tie the game. Had they called a foul on Gasol, ya'll would have been counting on Duncan free throws to tie instead. Good luck with that.

And Bowen is lucky that he did not get called for fouling Kobe on that shot. There is NO WAY IN HELL either team is going to get an offensive foul on a play like that with the game on the line. Regardless of the fact that Kobe hit bruce in the chest with his shoulder, and not his arm, and Bowen went flying like a grenade went off.

The Spurs had about 50 shots that could've won that game for them. 49 probably taken by Manu. They can only blame themselves, and make up for it next game.

zepn
05-22-2008, 08:24 AM
i could go on.

So could I...

sribb43
05-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Wow...Spurs fans starting to sound like Suns fans complaining about the ref's...

Seriously though, you thought last night was bad, try getting your heart ripped out in Game 5 of the NBA Finals by Bennet Salvatore

zepn
05-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Regardless of the fact that Kobe hit bruce in the chest with his shoulder, and not his arm, and Bowen went flying like a grenade went off.

Kobe hit Bruce with his arm first and then followed it with a shoulder. The arm can be questionable at times, but when you lower a shoulder, that's automatic.

urunobili
05-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Wow...Spurs fans starting to sound like Suns fans complaining about the ref's...

Seriously though, you thought last night was bad, try getting your heart ripped out in Game 5 of the NBA Finals by Bennet Salvatore

:stfu:

Lakers999
05-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Kobe hit Bruce with his arm first and then followed it with a shoulder. The arm can be questionable at times, but when you lower a shoulder, that's automatic.

elbowing sasha to the floor is also automatic but nothing was called for an 88% ft shooter

PwrGetter
05-22-2008, 08:35 AM
If Lakers didnt get the rebound at the end, this probably would've been a factor also... if you think ALL the last 2 minute calls didnt go your way...

Odom made Manu fall?
Horry tackled Odom, Odom fell on Manu... splat.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7171/captfa8ca9ee75bd4c4e890yu9.jpg

zepn
05-22-2008, 08:38 AM
Odom had already hit Manu, and was standing on Manu's his foot when Horry got there.

polandprzem
05-22-2008, 08:38 AM
Detroit @ Boston
S. Javie
S. Corbin
T. Washington

Prob Salvatore to take over the spurs game
he haven't officiate quite long time

Allanon
05-22-2008, 08:41 AM
If Lakers didnt get the rebound at the end, this probably would've been a factor also... if you think ALL the last 2 minute calls didnt go your way...

Odom made Manu fall?
Horry tackled Odom, Odom fell on Manu... splat.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7171/captfa8ca9ee75bd4c4e890yu9.jpg

That's a good pic, I thought it was a Laker foul. But looking at the picture, Horry's got a nice hold on Odom, good non-call by the refs. Lucky Sasha was there to grab it. Sneaky Rob.

zepn
05-22-2008, 08:49 AM
The foul on Manu had already occurred at that point. Notice both Manu and Horry diving for the ball and Odom (bracing his legs and NOT falling) boxing Horry out. Horry got there later and got boxed-out by Odom and was trying to work his way around to get to the ball.

florige
05-22-2008, 08:52 AM
I think the refs actually called a good game for once. There were alot of calls I saw that could have easily gone LA's way but didn't. We F'ed that game up all by our lonesome.

zepn
05-22-2008, 08:54 AM
I thought the game was called pretty fairly until the last few minutes.

sleepy
05-22-2008, 09:10 AM
I thought "we" were bad on the Lakers boards, but some of you guys take the cake. :lmao

The Gasol "hack" on Duncan out of bounds was a Lakers foul. However, 10 seconds later, Manu fouled Gasol diving for the ball out of bounds, yet the ball was given to the Spurs. That's an even wash. Continually bringing up the Gasol hack without bringing up the foul Manu got away with shows the blinders you're wearing.

And you want to talk about Kobe's "push-off" on Bowen? First, there's no way in hell that's a foul. TD and Parker do that almost every time down the floor going to the hoop. Where is Kobe supposed to have his arm? He didn't extend it - it was close to his chest. Completely incidental and Bowen flopped. There was no lowering of his shoulder. He was driving to the lane. Keep fishing or excuses though. If that's a foul on Kobe, then every player in the league is guilty of that "foul" on almost every possession where a player drives to the lane.

TD should've fouled out in the 3rd quarter with the fouls he commits, yet you complain about Gasol's? TD shots free throws a few times on some Turiaf fouls where replays showed very little contact, if any. Yet TD gets those calls because of who he is.

You guys have no right to bitch about refs. Overall, that game was pretty decently officiated in comparison to other series' so far. Props to the fans not reaching for that ref excuse on this one.

zepn
05-22-2008, 09:16 AM
"There was no lowering of (Kobe's) shoulder."

Did you "watch" the game on your Braile teletype machine?

sleepy
05-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Did you watch the game at all? Keep fishing. Pathetic excuse makers. I supposed Gasol forced Manu to come flying in and push him into Duncan so the refs could give Timmy some FTs, too, right? I don't see you guys bitching about that bogus call that lead directly to Spurs points.

There's not a legit ref or fan that would say that's a foul on Kobe. He played within his space and didn't force his way into Bowen. Take off the blinders - er, blindfold.

zepn
05-22-2008, 09:42 AM
"There was no lowering of (Kobe's) shoulder."

Explain this, or make an appointment with an optometrist.

Because if you think that is true, you were clearly watching a different game than the rest of the planet.

Or you are just making shit up...

bulletedge
05-22-2008, 09:53 AM
I am shocked to come to SpursTalk and find an entire thread devoted to the refs.

I originally thought that the officiating had something to do with the Mavs losing to Miami in the 2006 Finals but I was corrected by all of the sage basketball experts on this forum who educated me to the fact that the refs had little to no impact on the outcome of that series.

Now, the Spurs blow a 20 point lead and apparently the refs are to blame for it?

Hmmm....I think hell just froze over.

sribb43
05-22-2008, 09:58 AM
I am shocked to come to SpursTalk and find an entire thread devoted to the refs.

I originally thought that the officiating had something to do with the Mavs losing to Miami in the 2006 Finals but I was corrected by all of the sage basketball experts on this forum who educated me to the fact that the refs had little to no impact on the outcome of that series.

Now, the Spurs blow a 20 point lead and apparently the refs are to blame for it?

:tu

zepn
05-22-2008, 10:01 AM

Those "Sage Experts" were full of shit. You guys got FUCKED in 2006.

Even if the Spurs had blown a thousand point lead they were still in it at the End. And the End was when the lead changed from the Spurs to the Lakers. And the End was called, let's be diplomatic and say "less evenly" than the previous 45 minutes of the game.

sleepy
05-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Explain this, or make an appointment with an optometrist.

Because if you think that is true, you were clearly watching a different game than the rest of the planet.

Or you are just making shit up...

No lowering his shoulder INTO Bowen. Perhaps I need to be more clear. It's called physics. See - when you start to run and are slanted a certain direction, that shoulder will lower because you are leaning. The fact that Bowen was up in Kobe's shirt does not automatically make it a foul because Kobe "lowered his shoulder." Gimme a break. Only Spurs fans are bitching about that good non-call. Even fans from other teams that hate the Lakers know it wasn't a foul. Get over it. What about Manu undercutting Gasol and shoving him into Duncan, where Gasol was called for a foul and Spurs got 2 points? I don't see you hung up on that shitty call because it benefited your team. Blind homer.

LakerMagic
05-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Teams are always going to get favorable calls on their home floor. Thats just the way it is.

I expect the Spurs to get more calls on their court as well......well unless Joey Crawford is ref'ing :lol

SPARKY
05-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Nothing really stood out at me last night about the officiating, other than that one out of bounds call under the basket which was called off TD. Gasol whacked TD pretty good but of course none of the refs had a good angle on that. In any event, that didn't cost the Spurs the game.

On to game 2.

Say-Townbball
05-22-2008, 10:49 AM
There were some phantom and shitty calls made, but it's obvious that the Spurs beat themselves last night. The Lakers didn't shut 'em down, the refs didn't shut 'em down, they did that to themselves.

zepn
05-22-2008, 12:53 PM
No lowering his shoulder INTO Bowen. Perhaps I need to be more clear.

The weak back-peddling we have been expecting.

It's called physics. See - when you start to run and are slanted a certain direction, that shoulder will lower because you are leaning.

I have seen lots of other people running and none of THEM look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame trying to break down a door...

(If you want to talk Physics, I averaged 4.0 in all available calculus-based Physics classes for Science Majors...)

Strike
05-22-2008, 05:14 PM
The Spurs blew a comfortable lead. No doubt about that. But 2 or 3 of the bad calls/non calls that favored the Lakers did have an impact. That's not to say that the Spurs would have won had the correct calls been made, but it did have an impact. Unfortunately, if Parker and Ginobili had made better decisions, Finley made more shots, and the Spurs played better defense, it would be a non issue.

I'm not taking anything from the Lakers. They played their balls off in the 2nd half and pulled out the win and they deserve credit for that.

I put 99.8% of the blame on the Spurs, .2% on the blown calls.

DazedAndConfused
05-22-2008, 05:19 PM
There were blown calls in both directions. Nobody can complain.

The Lakers simply snatched that victory away from the Spurs.

OdoMatic
05-22-2008, 05:50 PM

I find it hilarious that some of you are trying to get a call from this? not to mention it was an obvious flop kobe barely touched the guy,

it was the last seconds in the game and you want a call that most likely would not even be called during the regular course of the game,

ANDDD it was bruce bowen. if every foul or dirty little play bruce bowen commited would the game ever finish?

however, this is not all of you, the board seems half and half where some of you actually watched the game and know what your talking about while the others want to blame the refs?:lmao

im sorry but you guys are world champions you had a 20 point lead and lost it and its the refs fault? those of you that think this should watch the game again because this game could not be called more fair.

and i also want to say you guys scared the crap out of me early in the game. lol, good luck on the series though

BiZNicK
05-22-2008, 05:58 PM
This is another shameful thread. One loss and everyone goes bananas.

And brings out a shit load of panic threads

said7
05-22-2008, 06:30 PM
The officiating last night was pretty good imo. At least they let both teams play.

oski1000
05-22-2008, 09:10 PM
After Manu missed the 3 point last shot there was a foul on him and the ref called a FT for the lakers.....

zepn
05-22-2008, 09:23 PM
I find it hilarious that some of you are trying to get a call from this?

I find it hilarious that you think anyone is TRYING to get a call. The game is over.

not to mention it was an obvious flop kobe barely touched the guy

When a player lowers his shoulder and runs into another player. That is usually an automatic foul.

it was the last seconds in the game

Good thinking, it wouldn't be important to call fouls correctly in the last seconds of the game...

ANDDD it was bruce bowen. if every foul or dirty little play bruce bowen commited would the game ever finish?

Uh, no. The foul should have been called on Kobe, not Bruce.

im sorry but you guys are world champions you had a 20 point lead and lost it and its the refs fault? those of you that think this should watch the game again because this game could not be called more fair.

Blowing a big lead and the ref's bad/no calls in the last three minutes are completely independent events. The last three minutes definitely could have been called more fairly.

zepn
05-22-2008, 09:27 PM
I guess the refs helped those talentless Laker scrubs hit all those clutch shots huh.

Kobe is a talentless Laker scrub?

ballhog
05-22-2008, 10:20 PM
If Manu hits that 3 pointer at the end of the game and end up winning then I'm sure we'd hear " the refs screwed us over the whole game.....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". Only difference was that the Lakers won. Lakers would be have their own bitch thread too.