PDA

View Full Version : Still Confident?

mrcoon29
05-21-2008, 10:58 PM
Considering all that has transpired since Monday evening for the Spurs, the Lakers really had to fight to win tonights game. The legs appeared to give out under our shooters in the end. One or two buckets by the Spurs during that horrible 6 -10 minute stretch and this definitely would have been a W for the Spurs.
I am still confident that the Spurs will take this series in 6. :lobt2:

Avitus1
05-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Spurs in 6.. Spurs for 5.

dbreiden83080
05-21-2008, 11:00 PM
We can still win the series but that was a golden shot we just threw down the drain. Tim was awesome, 30 pts 18 reb he was the best player on the court tonight and we fucking lost. Manu has a decent game and we win that fucking game

misterx91578
05-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Believe

kobe_mvp_24
05-21-2008, 11:03 PM
best player on the court goes to the team that won which is kobe bryant

ChumpDumper
05-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I feel pretty good.

dav4463
05-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Spurs have been written off so many times. It's only one loss. It's a best of seven series. It's definitely not over.

pbandjnocrust
05-21-2008, 11:05 PM
One thing I've learned is, do not give up on this team. Did anyone coming into tonight expect us to steal game 1? At least now we have something to get fired up about

dbreiden83080
05-21-2008, 11:05 PM
best player on the court goes to the team that won which is kobe bryant

He was not the best player tonight troll

Sigz
05-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Uhh.. I'm not AS confident.. but still confident.

I think the matchup between the Lakers is better than it was against the Hornets....

It's just that.... We HAD this game.

209Goodfella
Take the next game in LA we will be fine. :hat

timvp
The only thing I'm worried about is fatigued. The Lakers aren't that good.

SPARKY
05-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Sure. If the Spurs had any energy in the 4th they would've picked up the win. On to game 2.

Critter
05-21-2008, 11:07 PM
We can still win the series but that was a golden shot we just threw down the drain. Tim was awesome, 30 pts 18 reb he was the best player on the court tonight and we fucking lost. Manu has a decent game and we win that fucking game

I could say if odom and fisher had a better game, lakers would of won by 10+

duncan228
05-21-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm always confidant, I'm a Spurs fan. It's one game, it takes 4.
They'll recover, their focus goes to game 2 as soon as the post game stuff is over.

peskypesky
Lakers got lucky facing an exhausted Spurs team.

Spurs in 5.

Deuces88
Duncan must be ecstatic to face a team that can barely win at home even when Manu, Finley and Popovich (keeping Bowen seated too long) tried hard for the Spurs to lose.

This is gonna be like 04 Finals. Lakers won 1 close game by getting a lucky break and being torn apart 4 other games.

hater
05-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Gasol and Odom got exposed. only reason we lost is Spurs shutdown mid 3rd quarter. what is there to worry about again?

BlingX14
05-21-2008, 11:10 PM
When Phil Jackson wins Game 1 of any series, best-of-five or best-of-seven, his teams are 39-0 and have never lost when leading 1-0

Typhoon
05-21-2008, 11:11 PM
I'm confident, it's just today's game what a waste, they had that...and bad decisions by pop and horrible all around play by Ginobili killed it...but Spurs got this.

They need to talk to Ginobili, all he does is shot 3's and turn the ball over...he needs to attack the rim.

mVp
05-21-2008, 11:11 PM
We played like shit and they barely beat us... yeah I'm still confident.

mytespurs
05-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Gasol and Odom got exposed. only reason we lost is Spurs shutdown mid 3rd quarter. what is there to worry about again?

The Spurs tendency to shutdown in 3rd quarters..........:bang

SPARKY
05-21-2008, 11:12 PM
When Phil Jackson wins Game 1 of any series, best-of-five or best-of-seven, his teams are 39-0 and have never lost when leading 1-0

File that away with the rest of your gems, Hollinger.

Ludovician
05-21-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm not at all confident. Spurs blew a huge opportunity. That loss changed the whole dynamic of Game 2. They would have already accomplished the split, wiped out the Lakers' confidence, and had a huge opportunity to put the Lakers in a huge hole. Now instead we have a must win Game 2 after having their hearts ripped out.

Horrendous loss.

Let's hope this is like the 2004 Finals where Game 2 was just a huge fluke and reality bore itself quickly.

Lakers08Champs
once Gasol and Odom find their touch it's over mannn....i admit we played like shit all game tonight and we still managed to find a way to Win?? wow imaging if everyone is on the same pace like last series, it'd OVER just like that!! hahaha

KB MVP!!! GO LAKERS!!

mytespurs
We played like shit and they barely beat us... yeah I'm still confident.

Bottom line is scoreboard and they won.......it's 1-0 Lakers. Spurs should've and could've won this game.

DazedAndConfused
05-21-2008, 11:14 PM
The Lakers made the adjustment to go small when Odom and Gasol became ineffective. Sasha and Farmar are critical to our success. The interior game we had with Gasol and Odom isn't working against the Spurs, they completely shut that down.

Once Phil made the adjustment to go small the game turned our way bigtime. Sasha ABSOLUTELY SHUTDOWN AND OWNED GINOBLI tonight. No two ways around it, Ginobli was simply hounded everywhere he went on the floor.

MannyIsGod
05-21-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm pretty damn worried at the moment. LJ is correct in one thing, the Lakers aren't that good and fatigue probably killed us tonight. But, Kobe IS that good and the Spurs aren't going to get any extended breaks during this series to somehow magically get rested.

Also, I feel they gave one away tonight and you simply can't give games away against good teams in the playoffs. It just comes back to haunt you.

This series isn't over, but the Spurs lost a golden opportunity to take immediate control of it tonight and that without a doubt lowers their chances to win it.

SRJ
05-21-2008, 11:26 PM
In round two, we were down 0-2 to a better opponent. A win tonight would have been nice, but the Spurs aren't in trouble by any means.

timaios
05-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Spurs are really tired and there is only 1 day between each games of the serie.
So, I am not really confident.

mexicanjunior
05-22-2008, 12:11 AM
This loss is the kind that lingers in a close playoff series, I am not confident this team will be able to recover considering what they have already had to go thru just to get to this point. We are in serious trouble...

Don Quixote
05-22-2008, 12:14 AM
They'll rue giving away Game 1 when they go into Game 6 down 3-2 or something.

They're not winning this series if they don't play better in the 2d halves of games.

1Parker1
05-22-2008, 12:14 AM

Lakers aren't that good?! :wow Timvp, please don't tell me you're also underestimating the Lakers. If anything, the fact that they're coached by Phil Jackson makes them about >>> than Hornets and Suns.

Kobe has experience in big games, unlike CP3. Fisher is not always going to go 1-9. Gasol, while he may be soft, he gets easy looks thanks to Kobe. Radmonivic, Vuijic, Farmar, Turiaf, Odom, etc are all good role players who can get it done.

Lakers are a lot deeper than the Hornets and Suns and they are a lot better coached and they have Kobe Bryant. That alone should make them good.

1Parker1
05-22-2008, 12:16 AM
I'm pretty damn worried at the moment. LJ is correct in one thing, the Lakers aren't that good and fatigue probably killed us tonight. But, Kobe IS that good and the Spurs aren't going to get any extended breaks during this series to somehow magically get rested.

Also, I feel they gave one away tonight and you simply can't give games away against good teams in the playoffs. It just comes back to haunt you.

This series isn't over, but the Spurs lost a golden opportunity to take immediate control of it tonight and that without a doubt lowers their chances to win it.

:tu

Budkin
05-22-2008, 12:17 AM
We all knew exhaustion would kick in at some point tonight. I feel fine about things. It would have been much much worse had we lost on a last second shot.

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2008, 12:18 AM
They were good enough to get a 20 point lead on this team. The shots just didn't fall during that LA run

cherylsteele
05-22-2008, 12:33 AM
Manu has a decent game and we win that fucking game
My main beef is with Manu taking too many 3's, especially we they are not falling for him. He usually does alot of the little things to help the Spurs win. That had to be one of his worst overall games in awhile.

If we are gonna be shooting so many 3's, might as well bring in Bonner, he can hit some, plus he would have been fresher than some of the other players.

Like many people are saying, we win game 2 and we'll be okay, it is still a split then.

dg7md
05-22-2008, 12:34 AM
I'm not worried at all, Spurs will get the split.

cherylsteele
05-22-2008, 12:35 AM
They were good enough to get a 20 point lead on this team. The shots just didn't fall during that LA run
Many of those shots were just terrible decisions, forced shots.

dbreiden83080
05-22-2008, 12:35 AM

I think NO is better i really do. I was not blown away by what i saw tonight from the Lakers. Kobe is going to get his but Tim will kill Gasol all series long, it still comes down to the big 3 playing well at the same time. We get that and we are going to win the series.

aka_USAPA
05-22-2008, 12:36 AM
Sasha ABSOLUTELY SHUTDOWN AND OWNED GINOBLI tonight..

Either that or Manu's ankle is really bothering him. I'm not ready to proclaim Sasha to be the Manu stopper.

T Park
05-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Honestly tonight only reinforces what I thought before the series.

Gasol can't guard Duncan. Ginobili and Parker will be able to get to the hole. If you play big you can keep Odom and others in check pretty well.

Honestly, if they can shake off this loss, and get some rest tonight and tommarow, then everything will be alright.

T Park
05-22-2008, 12:39 AM
We all knew exhaustion would kick in at some point tonight. I feel fine about things. It would have been much much worse had we lost on a last second shot.

Ya know thats what I kinda thought. When they were up 20 I thought, either they are on crack, or in the 4th they are gonna be shot and either barely win or lose.

Unfortunately that gut feeling came true.

dbreiden83080
05-22-2008, 12:43 AM
Honestly tonight only reinforces what I thought before the series.

Gasol can't guard Duncan. Ginobili and Parker will be able to get to the hole. If you play big you can keep Odom and others in check pretty well.

Honestly, if they can shake off this loss, and get some rest tonight and tommarow, then everything will be alright.

I agree the loss sucks but Spurs are so mentally tough it will not effect them in game 2. Tim will play well, if Tony and Manu show up in the 2nd half and we play Spurs D this is going back to SA 1-1.

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Considering all that has transpired since Monday evening for the Spurs, the Lakers really had to fight to win tonights game. The legs appeared to give out under our shooters in the end. One or two buckets by the Spurs during that horrible 6 -10 minute stretch and this definitely would have been a W for the Spurs.
I am still confident that the Spurs will take this series in 6. :lobt2:

Spurs in 6?
So the spurs will win 4 of the next 5?
Do you know who we are?
No respect.

aka_USAPA
05-22-2008, 12:52 AM
[/b]

SPARKY
Do you know who we are?

Yeah, a bunch of trolling bitches.

aka_USAPA
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280521013

"Kobe, he was doing a trust-his-teammates thing in the first half," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "That's why he had five assists, and he was checking it all out and see where his territory was going to be. In the second half, he went to work.

"Obviously a difficult loss and we had a great opportunity. We didn't take advantage of it. Hurts like hell."

timvp
05-22-2008, 12:57 AM
Lakers aren't that good?! :wow Timvp, please don't tell me you're also underestimating the Lakers. If anything, the fact that they're coached by Phil Jackson makes them about >>> than Hornets and Suns.

Kobe has experience in big games, unlike CP3. Fisher is not always going to go 1-9. Gasol, while he may be soft, he gets easy looks thanks to Kobe. Radmonivic, Vuijic, Farmar, Turiaf, Odom, etc are all good role players who can get it done.

Lakers are a lot deeper than the Hornets and Suns and they are a lot better coached and they have Kobe Bryant. That alone should make them good.Lakers are good but they aren't as good as the world makes them out to be. The Hornets were unstoppable offensively due in large part to bad matchups. The only time they didn't score against the Spurs was when they basically choked on an open shot.

The Spurs matchup fine against the Lakers. The Spurs should win this series. I was more concerned about the Hornets, honestly. But does that mean the Spurs are going to beat the Lakers? No. The Lakers can beat the Spurs, especially with the best coach of all-time on the sidelines. If Pop rolls over and dies like he did tonight, the Spurs can easily lose this series.

But matchups wise and talent wise, the Lakers aren't as difficult as either the Suns or the Hornets were. This would just be a massive choke job if the Spurs end up losing ... starting with Pop.

aka_USAPA
05-22-2008, 01:00 AM
The Hornets were unstoppable offensively? The Lakers looked like it tonight coming from a 20-point deficit. Anyways, I wish the Spurs underestimate the Lakers like you do.

E20
05-22-2008, 01:00 AM
Still Confident?
Pretty much.

T Park
05-22-2008, 01:02 AM
The Hornets were unstoppable offensively? The Lakers looked like it tonight coming from a 20-point deficit. Anyways, I wish the Spurs underestimate the Lakers like you do.

Go away for christ sake.

1Parker1
05-22-2008, 01:02 AM
Lakers are good but they aren't as good as the world makes them out to be. The Hornets were unstoppable offensively due in large part to bad matchups. The only time they didn't score against the Spurs was when they basically choked on an open shot.

The Spurs matchup fine against the Lakers. The Spurs should win this series. I was more concerned about the Hornets, honestly. But does that mean the Spurs are going to beat the Lakers? No. The Lakers can beat the Spurs, especially with the best coach of all-time on the sidelines. If Pop rolls over and dies like he did tonight, the Spurs can easily lose this series.

But matchups wise and talent wise, the Lakers aren't as difficult as either the Suns or the Hornets were. This would just be a massive choke job if the Spurs end up losing ... starting with Pop.

See, I disagree. The bench is the biggest mismatch against the Lakers. That was pretty evident tonight when the bench was basically the only thing keeping the Lakers in the game. Spurs bench is especially old and weak compared to them. Suns as we all know had a bench 2 man deep. Hornets bench consisted of Pargo and....well no one. That's why guys like Udoka, Horry, etc were able to capitalize against them.

Lakers also have the size and length to bother Ginobili and Parker, something the Hornets and Suns didn't really have either.

And the edge Pop had coaching over DAntoni and Byron also is negated with Phil Jackson.

Capt Bringdown
05-22-2008, 01:03 AM
No. I think we lost the season tonight. I hope I'm wrong, but that's my gut feeling.

Getting beat is one thing, but the way we gave this away is what's telling.

This will haunt us. I feel the Lakers did the same thing to us that we did to Phoenix in game 1. After Phoenix lost that game, you just knew the series was over.

You can talk all you want about playoff experience, but we keep displaying an inability to score...call it choking, age, being tired, whatever, but sooner or later it's going to come back and bite us on the ass.

Might just be the 07-08 Spurs Achilles heel.

timvp
05-22-2008, 01:04 AM
The Hornets were unstoppable offensively? The Lakers looked like it tonight coming from a 20-point deficit. Anyways, I wish the Spurs underestimate the Lakers like you do.When the Hornets can run the same play all game long and either end up with:

A) A Chris Paul wide open layup
B) An alleyoop to Chandler
C) A wide open 15-footer for West
D) A wide open three-pointer for Stojakovic

That is more unstoppable than Kobe going one-on-one against Bowen.

T Park
05-22-2008, 01:05 AM
No. I think we lost the season tonight. I hope I'm wrong, but that's my gut feeling.

Getting beat is one thing, but the way we gave this away is what's telling.

This will haunt us. I feel the Lakers did the same thing to us that we did to Phoenix in game 1. After Phoenix lost that game, you just knew the series was over.

You can talk all you want about playoff experience, but we keep displaying an inability to score...call it choking, age, being tired, whatever, but sooner or later it's going to come back and bite us on the ass.

Might just be the 07-08 Spurs Achilles heel.

Didn't you say they weren't winning game 7 also??

No way they could win the series after losing the first two in New Orleans? :lol

Capt Bringdown
05-22-2008, 01:09 AM

No way they could win the series after losing the first two in New Orleans? :lol

I could have, so what? I hope I'm wrong.

Why don't you look it up for me?

SpursFan0728
05-22-2008, 01:13 AM
fuck yea i am
we suck like shit today
we were tired as fuck
they were at home,
and we lose by 2

Princess Pimp
05-22-2008, 01:16 AM
Bottom line is scoreboard and they won.......it's 1-0 Lakers. Spurs should've and could've won this game.
coulda, shoulda, woulda :lol

E20
05-22-2008, 01:17 AM
coulda, shoulda, woulda :lol

:toast

Princess Pimp
05-22-2008, 01:17 AM
fuck yea i am
we suck like shit today
we were tired as fuck
they were at home,
and we lose by 2 actually by 4 numbnuts!

aka_USAPA
05-22-2008, 01:18 AM
When the Hornets can run the same play all game long and either end up with:

D) A wide open three-pointer for Stojakovic

That is more unstoppable than Kobe going one-on-one against Bowen.

Yeah, like Kobe will score 7 points in a Game 7. :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Princess Pimp
05-22-2008, 01:18 AM

These are not the Horneys
fat fuck!

aka_USAPA
05-22-2008, 01:19 AM
It's a different series. I think the Spurs have moved on to focus on the Lakers. Maybe their fans should too.

Princess Pimp
05-22-2008, 01:21 AM
All the Lakers need to do is win their home games and steal one in Podunk Texas and they will be fine.

I will stick to my prediction:

Lakers in 5

mrcoon29
05-22-2008, 01:29 AM
Spurs in 6?
So the spurs will win 4 of the next 5?
Do you know who we are?
No respect.

Yes, I know who the Lakers are and I've got more confidence in the Spurs winning in 6 games but if it takes 7 then it takes 7. After the Hornets my prediction was Spurs in 6. Either way - I believe the Spurs win this series especially after tonight's game.
Don't be offended because I have confidence in my basketball team.
:flag: :flag: :flag: :lobt2:

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 01:30 AM
All the Lakers need to do is win their home games and steal one in Podunk Texas and they will be fine.

I will stick to my prediction:

Lakers in 5

There are only 3 options for this series:
Lakers in 6
Lakers in 7
Spurs in 7

Tradition
05-22-2008, 02:15 AM
It's funny hearing Spurs fans worshiping the Pistons despite beating 2 average teams in Philly and Orlando. They havent won shit since 2004 yet they constantly get praised as a true elite team. When they lose it is because "the Pistons just didnt show up". Constantly the Spurs fans say this about the Pistons.

The Pistons can struggle to beat 2 shitty teams and Spurs fans will say "Pistons just fucked around. They are so fucking great." Spurs fans are literally buttering up Piston fans so much despite who they play, how they beat them, or even if they lose.

Yet the Lakers have proven players (Kobe,Fisher) as well. You want to say it's a different team (which it is from that 3 peat team) but we still have a proven coach and superstar. Lakers closed out Utah in their own house and proved they can hang with the Spurs yet fans say "The Lakers arent that good. They are overrated and they havent proven a damn thing to show why they should be called an elite team." "The Lakers arent as tough as our previous matchups with the Suns/Hornets"

If you want to go that route on the Lakers being so unproven than what have the Pistons proven to be so fucking great under Flip Saunders? They constantly get treated like they are so proven after 1 title (which was under a different coach).

:lmao:lmao

It is just comedy how most spurs fans will back up the Pistons and their fans no matter what the situation is,yet find any kind of reason to discredit the Lakers and find any kind of crap to use against them. The fact that Spurs fans are saying the Pistons have been much more impressive than the Lakers in this years playoffs is hilarious!:lmao:lmao

Jealousy/Hate is an ugly thing to have.

Princess Pimp
05-22-2008, 02:30 AM
There are only 3 options for this series:
Lakers in 6
Lakers in 7
Spurs in 7

NOPE!

LAKERS IN 5 AND YOU CAN BOOK IT NOW!

LAKB24
05-22-2008, 02:39 AM
wow i did not know spurs fans are so dumb..stop making excuses..a loss is a loss..if you can say spurs were tired and they did not performed as they expected then maybe regard kobe just got bored with the boring spurs thats why he let the spurs win in the first half..damn you spurs guys are just so dumb..

DazedAndConfused
05-22-2008, 02:46 AM
What difference would it have made if the Spurs landed in LA at midnight the night before or at 9AM the next day. They weren't going to practice on Tuesday anyways so it's pointless to think that was the reason they lost. The Spurs had plenty of rest for the game, they simply choked.

If fatigue was really a factor then the Spurs are in deep shit because if you looked at the schedule the Spurs will get exactly one day of rest between each game.

rayray2k8
05-22-2008, 02:50 AM
Confident that we can win? Yes.
The spurs played good for 2 1/2 quarters.
Gotta play the full 48 if you want to win in this league.
It's silly to believe that the lakers would just lay down for
the spurs and not have them fight back.
We'll see how San Antonio repsonds on friday.
Still looking for a split.

J.T.
05-22-2008, 02:55 AM
At the end of the day, the Lakers won a home game. They play well at home, and by all accounts they won a game they were supposed to win. Good for them. I'm looking forward to Friday.

pku47
05-22-2008, 03:26 AM
When Spurs Down 0-2, They had never survived.:downspin:

Say-Townbball
05-22-2008, 10:17 AM
It was a game 1 loss, and the Spurs made countless mistakes in the stretch.

They will learn and bounce back...I'm still goin with Spurs in 6.

:flag:

Ghost Writer
05-22-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm not confident at all.

I was still very confident when the Spurs were facing elimination at the hands of the Hornets.

But these are the Lakers and we've been hurt before by them.

And I really believe that the refs have been told to do whatever it takes to ensure LA vs. BOS in the Finals.

Say-Townbball
05-22-2008, 10:28 AM

I was still very confident when the Spurs were facing elimination at the hands of the Hornets.

And I really believe that the refs have been told to do whatever it takes to ensure LA vs. BOS in the Finals.

What a bootleg Spurs fan. :rolleyes

SPARKY
05-22-2008, 10:35 AM

eh, it's not 2004. The Lakers have a giant wet pink middle in their interior defense.

SAGambler
05-22-2008, 11:11 AM
One thing I've learned is, do not give up on this team. Did anyone coming into tonight expect us to steal game 1? At least now we have something to get fired up about

Not only did I think we would lose it. I even thought Pop should rest the starters, play the bench, and basically concede game 1, then come back with rested players and try to get game 2. We need to win 1 in LA, and it doesn't matter whether it is a game1 or a game2.

If we can come back here at 1-1, I think we are in great shape.

Just hope the guys are able to get some rest and go all out Friday night.

SAGambler
05-22-2008, 11:18 AM
NOPE!

LAKERS IN 5 AND YOU CAN BOOK IT NOW!

Thus far, the Pimp has predicted a loss to the Suns (I think it was a sweep) and a loss to the Hornets (I think in 4 or 5).

But the Pimp has been wrong on every prediction.

Let's hope her "winning ways" continues.

Dex
05-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Still confident after almost stealing Game 1 on the Lakers floor?

Yes, actually.

TampaDude
05-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Still confident after almost stealing Game 1 on the Lakers floor?

Yes, actually.

+1

Both teams made runs...first the Spurs, then the Lakers...the game was TIED at 85 with about a minute to go. Lakers won by 4, with 2 of those points being FTs from an intentional foul. Spurs played like total shit in the 4th and still almost won, while holding the well-rested Lakers to less than 90 points.

The Spurs are clearly the better team, and will dominate in Game 2 for the full 48 minutes. I don't see the Lakers winning more than 2 games this series...the Spurs WILL win Game 2 tomorrow night...Spurs in 6.