Anti.Hero
05-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Suck it up and play.

TMTTRIO
where did he say that?

timvp
How many excuses in one postseason? Groin, ankle, heel, calf, fingernail ... at this point even if he's hurting, he should keep what exactly is hurting to himself so the Lakers can't attack him even more.

Kori Ellis
Everyone is bothered by injuries ... it's the playoffs.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-21-2008, 11:31 PM
he wasnt trying to excuse himself with that.. dont distort reality... right before he said he couldnt believe how bad he played and he had no excuses for that.

dont make up shit please

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-21-2008, 11:32 PM
he wasnt trying to excuse himself with that.. dont distort reality... right before he said he couldnt believe how bad he played and he had no excuses for that.

dont make up shit please

spurscenter has an agenda :lol

Emanuel20
05-21-2008, 11:32 PM

dont make up shit please

where did you hear that?

Nahtanoj
05-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Nothing like making an excuse without making an excuse.

Helix Versa
It wasn't Sportscenter that reported it...TNT did

tp2021
If injuries are going to affect his game (and the team, and the outcome) the way it did tonight, at what point should Pop consider benching him entirely (or perhaps using him sparingly) for one game, if only to give him 3 days of rest instead of one? the spurs can't win if Manu is going to telegraph the game crosscourt.

mytespurs
05-21-2008, 11:36 PM
Manu is a warrior!!! But from what I saw, Manu looked ragged tonight.

spurscenter
05-21-2008, 11:37 PM
it was on TNT, Craig Sager interviewed him.

MarceloM!
05-21-2008, 11:52 PM
Everyone is bothered by injuries ... it's the playoffs.

wise words.

pawe
05-21-2008, 11:52 PM
live by manu, die by manu. He's gonna be alright, its the first game of the series. Yes, we coulda had the opening game but shit happens, move on.

T Park
05-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Damn Ginobili don't be goin Phoenix Sun on us...

E20
05-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Manu needs to fucking shave and use some rogaine. WTF happend to 2005 PO Manu and 2007-2008 RS Manu.

Lakers08Champs
05-21-2008, 11:54 PM
Yah keep making those excuses!

E20
05-21-2008, 11:54 PM
Shave that god damn peach fuzz off your face and fucking dunk that ball. :smokin

SPARKY
05-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Pop played Manu and Finley a little much tonight. Bowen and Barry should've gotten some of their minutes. Alas, it's over and done with. Time to rest up.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 11:57 PM
Oh, silly me. I thought it was Sasha's defense that slowed him down. If your ankle hurts, don't play.

dbreiden83080
05-22-2008, 12:00 AM
When the hell did Manu turn into such a whiner about injuries?? He was talking about his injuries before the Hornet series also, shut up and play Manu. Tim did not whine that he was sick in games 1 and 2 in the NO series. You are better than this Manu come on we need you.

DDS4
05-22-2008, 12:01 AM
No excuses.

I expect Manu to breathe fire in game 2.

Emanuel20
05-22-2008, 12:03 AM
No excuses.

I expect Manu to breathe fire in game 2.

Don't get your hopes up!...
He looks washed up.

JamStone
05-22-2008, 12:04 AM
Craig Sager specifically asked what injuries Manu had. Manu just answered the question and specifically stated the injuries are not the reason he played so badly. This is non-news. And, after answering the question, Manu stated he didn't want to talk about injuries anymore. He was just answering the question asked of him.

jman3000
05-22-2008, 12:05 AM
manu has 22 in game 2 and the spurs roll by 16.

mojorizen7
05-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Manu looked like he was 40 yrs old tonight. Tough loss. If i gave a shit about the fate of the SPURS i'd be ready for a long series though. Bowen carried the perimeter game in the first half(not a good thing). Finley stunk on both ends. Good energy from Duncan tonight,it seemed like his teammates' intensity faltered simultaneously as TD's grew.
Dunno. Lakers in 7

SpurOutofTownFan
man i cant believe how this thread turned into a bullcrap one - how many of those who post actually listened to the interview?

manu played horrible but he isn't making excuses about it - he just said he had no excuses for playing so bad.

kobe_mvp_24
excuseeeee
he had to come up one since he got outplayed by sasha on offense and defense

Emanuel20
05-22-2008, 12:08 AM
excuseeeee
he had to come up one since he got outplayed by sasha on offense and defense

Painful to admit but it is the accurate summary

SouthernFried
05-22-2008, 12:08 AM
Manu has not been 100% all playoffs long...every Spurs fan that watches any Spurs games should know this. Even that Lakers Jockstrap, Doug Collins said "Manu doesn't look like Manu..."

This is not news.

Manu still sucks it up and plays. Saying he should play at the same level as when he's 100% tho is just stupid.

It's up to the coach to utilize an 80% Manu the best way he can. Shooting 3's and occassional drives. Giving the Ball to TP and TD at end of game or critical situations...instead of Manu.

Don't set up Manu to fail...put him in situations where he can be most helpful in his current condition.

It is what it is...and it's up to POP to know what that is...izzzzzz

GSH
05-22-2008, 12:11 AM
Oh, silly me. I thought it was Sasha's defense that slowed him down. If your ankle hurts, don't play.

Manu got open looks. Missing those had nothing to do with the defense, because they were open. It doesn't take anything away from Sasha to say that Manu would normally shoot better than 20% from the floor, no matter who is guarding him. Whether he talks about it or not, he's playing hurt. And you can see that he doesn't have his legs when he is shooting.

There was one play in the game that worried me. On the Spurs' next-to-last possession, Manu was trying to pick up the offensive rebound (loose ball, really) and got pancaked by Odom and someone else. They both fell into his legs, and I thought he got up sort of gimpy. As if he didn't already have enough trouble.

DazedAndConfused
05-22-2008, 12:12 AM
Manu meet Sasha.

Typical of Spurs fans to complete dismiss what the opposing team was doing. Sasha hounded him the entire game and forced him to go RIGHT on every play.

SnakeBoy
05-22-2008, 12:15 AM
If injuries are going to affect his game (and the team, and the outcome) the way it did tonight, at what point should Pop consider benching him entirely (or perhaps using him sparingly) for one game, if only to give him 3 days of rest instead of one? the spurs can't win if Manu is going to telegraph the game crosscourt.

Are you retarded?

sassystriker
05-22-2008, 12:15 AM
hypocrite fans are on the lose.

Emanuel20
05-22-2008, 12:18 AM
Manu meet Sasha.

Typical of Spurs fans to complete dismiss what the opposing team was doing. Sasha hounded him the entire game and forced him to go RIGHT on every play.

Crap.........the "right argument"...
The argument that you are starting is not transparent to the game. Manu could not hit open shots. He had plenty of space (left or right) on the majority of his shots. It seemed to me that he is forcing it but that is just Manu trying to do too much.

spurastic
05-22-2008, 12:19 AM
The interveiwer was pressuring Manu to tell them why he played so badly. He just said that he was upset about how he played and had no excuses. He kept being asked about his fingernail and if he had any other injuries. Manu just say that his ankle hurt but that was not the reason he played so badly.

SPARKY
05-22-2008, 12:20 AM
The interveiwer was pressuring Manu to tell them why he played so badly. He just said that he was upset about how he played and had no excuses. He kept being asked about his fingernail and if he had any other injuries. Manu just say that his ankle hurt but that was not the reason he played so badly.

So there you go. On to the next game.

ipeefreely
05-22-2008, 12:21 AM
did u just hear his interview?

also said, "... but that is not the reason we lost. its not an excuse"

on tnt

====================================

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAH

Ohhhh paaaallleeeeaaassseeeeeeeee

And what about bryant? He has a torn rib cage muscle, a lower back strain, a hip pointer....oh and not the least of which a finger that is completely torn away from the hand itself....the only thing holding that dangling piece of flesh in place is TAPE...

What a weakarse post...

Its the playoffs, nut up.....Obviously Bryant did.....IE: U lost

Emanuel20
05-22-2008, 12:21 AM

Still, he should have not said anything. I admired his "no excuses policy"

Cant_Be_Faded
05-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Manu = weak link

spurastic
05-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Still, he should have not said anything.

So should he have lied when asked directly if he has any injuries? He did just fine.
To other posters,
Manu will beat himself up for having a bad game enough without help from the fans.

HarlemHeat37
05-22-2008, 12:25 AM
no excuses..I don't give a fuck if Ginobili is playing on a broken ankle..the problem isn't the fact that he's missing shots IMO..it's HIS SHOT SELECTION AND DECISION MAKING, WHILE HE'S INJURED..if you're injured, you don't take so many bad shots and make so many bad decisions..

I appreciate what Ginobili has brought to our team, and he carried us during many stretches in this year's regular season..but he's just so frustrating..his shot and pass selection is like that of a rookie's..it gets to a point where it's just hard to take..his inconsistency is more frustrating than anything on this team..

if you're injured, ADJUST your game..I'm tired of the "you have to live with the good and the mad with Manu"..he's a veteran with a lot of experience in the NBA and euro ball..play smarter..

Emanuel20
05-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Probably, Manu's gonna have a rougher night than the one on the plane.

spurscenter
05-22-2008, 12:40 AM
what do you think of MANU for MICHAEL BEASLEY?????

GSH
05-22-2008, 12:47 AM
====================================

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAH

Ohhhh paaaallleeeeaaassseeeeeeeee

And what about bryant? He has a torn rib cage muscle, a lower back strain, a hip pointer....oh and not the least of which a finger that is completely torn away from the hand itself....the only thing holding that dangling piece of flesh in place is TAPE...

What a weakarse post...

Its the playoffs, nut up.....Obviously Bryant did.....IE: U lost

Does Kobe really have all that shit wrong with him? We need to send Horry after his ass. He'll set a pick, and Kobe's whole finger will fall off.

That was sarcasm. Now go the fuck to bed... you have school in the morning.

carina_gino20
05-22-2008, 05:35 AM
Ginobili had plenty of excuses to use for his off night if he had cared to make them. Instead, he blamed his own lack of focus.

“I have a couple issues,” he said, “but nothing that bad that can justify the way I played today. I'm upset, but it's over, and now you've got to try and play better next game.

“”The hand is all right. That's just a nail. My ankle is bothering me and I've got a couple of little things, but I don't want to talk about that. That's not the reason why I played so bad. I've just got to step up and play better.”

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA052208.7C.BKNspurs.ginobili.4051605.html

Shit. Manu played horrible tonight. As in really, really, really bad. As in, he didn't even get to choke because he was never in the game in the first place.

But the way you guys are talking, it's as if he lost this game on his own. Heck, we were leading by 20 even when Manu was terrible. And he's not making the injuries an excuse. If anyone knows how to play through these things, it's Manu. The guy is a competitor, and he's got heart. If he sucks big time again, it will be because his body can't take the short rest between games. And even then, he won't make it an excuse.

You all have such short term memories. This guy has carried the Spurs through a lot of rough patches in the season. He's Manu Ginobili. Damn it.

greens
05-22-2008, 05:47 AM
Yeah, I don't get the Spurs fans all complaining...saying "I don't care how hurt he is, he has to play through it, man up, it's the playoffs, everyone has injuries, etc..."

It's like if he's physically unable to do it. If his body is not letting him, he can have the biggest competitor's heart, but it still won't make a difference. And yes, it's the playoffs where everyone is banged up and hurt and tired. And the list goes on. But the difference is how hurt a player is, there are different extremes.

Anyway, I'm not making excuses, but all I can see from Manu is that he would never decide not to show up or refuse to fight. IF he's playing this horribly, then it must have something to do with his body just not being able to compete.

And I NEVER hear him use injuries as excuses. If an interviewer asks him about his injuries and the specifics of it, what is he supposed to say? "nothing, I don't have anything wrong."? No, he is being honest. But at the same time, he's saying "it's not an excuse for me playing badly. I don't want to talk about it."

Ginofan
05-22-2008, 05:58 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA052208.7C.BKNspurs.ginobili.4051605.html

Shit. Manu played horrible tonight. As in really, really, really bad. As in, he didn't even get to choke because he was never in the game in the first place.

But the way you guys are talking, it's as if he lost this game on his own. Heck, we were leading by 20 even when Manu was terrible. And he's not making the injuries an excuse. If anyone knows how to play through these things, it's Manu. The guy is a competitor, and he's got heart. If he sucks big time again, it will be because his body can't take the short rest between games. And even then, he won't make it an excuse.

You all have such short term memories. This guy has carried the Spurs through a lot of rough patches in the season. He's Manu Ginobili. Damn it.

People don't want to remember that :lol Let's just trade him, he is so horrible and such a liability!:lol

It'll be fine, we weren't even supposed to win that game...yeah it would've been nice...but damn it's not like the series is over or anything. We'll get game 2 for sure.:flag:

Dopey310
05-22-2008, 05:59 AM
wow. you guys are pretty hard on Manu. He's actually my favorite player outside of the Lakers. He reminds me of Kobe because of his never backdown attitude and he plays with tons of heart. I have to admit, he's incredibly annoying when you're team is going up against him. Dude's always flailing everywhere.

21_Blessings
05-22-2008, 06:03 AM
Ginobili gets completely outplayed by Sasha YourmybitchManu and Spurs fan defend him. Hilarious.

Capt Bringdown
05-22-2008, 06:34 AM
...it's HIS SHOT SELECTION AND DECISION MAKING, WHILE HE'S INJURED..if you're injured, you don't take so many bad shots and make so many bad decisions..

You are correct, sir!

Slippy
05-22-2008, 06:46 AM
Right from the get-go Manu looked like he was labouring when moving. Doug Collins and this interview confirms what i thought was seeing . The guy had no lift on his drives and a lot of his jumpshots were short. Those that know Manu shouldn't be surpised that he was trying to play through it and contribute.

Slippy
05-22-2008, 07:04 AM
How many excuses in one postseason? Groin, ankle, heel, calf, fingernail ... at this point even if he's hurting, he should keep what exactly is hurting to himself so the Lakers can't attack him even more.

You're right about the no-excuses line of thinking as this is the play-offs. I called him out earlier on when he stunk it up and was supposedly banged up but that was the worst i've seeing him running up and down the court. I wondered maybe it had something to do with the weird camera angle of staples that made it look like he was running around flat footed. Now, i think he was simply trying to lessen the pressure on his ankle.

smeagol
05-22-2008, 07:12 AM
Manu played like shit and his injury is not helping him. It will take a super human effort on his part to help the SPurs win the series.

LA is a great team. Even down by 20 with 18 minutes to go and missing many open layups, they managed to come up with the win.

On to game 2.

smeagol
05-22-2008, 07:13 AM
By the way, welcome to the Spurs fans that were simply waiting for this moment to bash Manu.

I don't care about the Faker Fans, they are idiots anyway . . .

Fuck you, losers!

Lakers999
05-22-2008, 07:26 AM
Damn Ginobili don't be goin Phoenix Sun on us...

believe me!!! the suns never had a referee in their corner like the spurs did

Southwest Texas Fan
05-22-2008, 07:43 AM
Manu needs to fucking shave and use some rogaine. WTF happend to 2005 PO Manu and 2007-2008 RS Manu.

What happen to reg season Manu?

Solid D
05-22-2008, 08:37 AM
Transcript of locker room interview
Sager: Manu, that did not seem like your typical performance, your shooting percentage 3 out of 13, down, the turnovers, you've seemed to labor. How is your health, are you alright?

Ginobili: I have a couple of issues but nothing that bad that can justify the way I played today, so...I'm vey upset, but, you know, it's over. Now we've got to try to play even better next game.

Sager: We mentioned at the beginning of the telecast that you'd ripped off the fingernail on your shooting hand. You got an acrylic put on. What hurts besides the hand?

Ginobili: No, no the hand is alright, that's just a nail. My ankle is bothering me...I gotta a couple of little things but again I don't want to talk about that. That's not the reason why I played so bad, so I just gotta..(end)

MoSpur
05-22-2008, 08:41 AM
I believe it, but the dude has to fight through that and go out and play.

spurschick
05-22-2008, 08:42 AM
The only thing that bothered me about his game was his poor passing decisions. He was really trying to thread the needle at times when it didn't seem necessary and some of the wild passes across court seemed telegraphed. He just needs to calm down a little.

MoSpur
05-22-2008, 08:46 AM
He tried too hard and it help let the Lakers back in. I would have liked to have seen more Barry and less Manu last night. Barry seemed to play pretty good last night with the few minutes he had.

urunobili
05-22-2008, 08:46 AM
What happen to reg season Manu?
Pop played him too many minutes... :depressed

vanvannen
05-22-2008, 08:49 AM
One thing is not being able to attack the rim or shoot the ball well beacuse of injury. Another thing is to constantly force the issue and take terrible decisions both passing and shooting. His head was off, along with his body.
I also blame Pop for not playing Barry more, when he was 1 for 2 from 3 point land and the Spurs couldn't buy a basket to save their lives.

Solid D
05-22-2008, 09:02 AM
The visual of the interview showed a tired Ginobili, rubbing his eyes (bright lights can do that). His facial expressions were very dismissive of the questions about his health indicated by his head shaking and frowns.

Basic take-away from the interview. He played poorly, injuries brought up by Sager weren't the reason, and they will have to play better next game.

My own view of the 2nd half. The Lakers made a great run to take that game, played physical with no fear of fouls, and the Spurs lost control. I thought Derek Fisher did a great job of knowing tendencies and reading plays. He was the 2nd best player in the 2nd half, next to Kobe (watch all of his off the ball play, too). Great defensive performance. Sasha played with great effort, and of course Kobe is not, at all, overrated. Props to the Lakers. No props to the Spurs for that one. They were very predictable in their sets and let it get away.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Ginobili gets completely outplayed by Sasha YourmybitchManu and Spurs fan defend him. Hilarious.

sasha is going to show his youth eventually

vanvannen
05-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Bowen and Duncan must me ticked. They did all humanly possible to win this game.

Cherry
05-22-2008, 09:48 AM
By the way, welcome to the Spurs fans that were simply waiting for this moment to bash Manu.

I don't care about the Faker Fans, they are idiots anyway . . .

Fuck you, losers!

Yes, bashing Manu is easy when he's playing bad, tired and injured. If we lost this series will be his fault, rigth?

Spurs fans: enjoy this moment to bash Manu.

Believe:flag:

2Cleva
05-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Ginobili still has played brilliantly at times in these playoffs, scoring 29 and 31 points in separate games against the Suns and New Orleans Hornets. But each of those performances was preceded by two days of rest. Given only one day off between games, he’s averaging 14.4 points while shooting worse than 38 percent.

The problem for the Spurs: Every game in these West finals is separated by just one off day.

One Spurs official already was worried before the team even bused out of the arena in New Orleans. Ginobili, he said, had nothing left in the tank. He had given everything in the final two games against the Hornets just to push the Spurs into the conference finals.

It's not going to get much better for Ginobili in this series.