PDA

View Full Version : Hang In There....Spurs looked good

alon504
05-21-2008, 11:33 PM
Know it is disappointing, especially with the Spurs being up by 20 points. Lakers turned it on, but, I still have ALOT of hope and confidence that the Spurs will win the series. Defense pretty much crumbled in the end there. Remember this...Spurs were down 2-0 against the Hornets. KEEP THE FAITH!! I am. GEAUX SPURS!!!!

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 11:34 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs get blown away next game. Time to put the nail in the coffin.

dg7md
05-21-2008, 11:34 PM
After beating your Hornets in that hostile and tough territory, Spurs can beat these Lakers. :toast

mikeanthony21
05-21-2008, 11:35 PM
Know it is disappointing, especially with the Spurs being up by 20 points. Lakers turned it on, but, I still have ALOT of hope and confidence that the Spurs will win the series. Defense pretty much crumbled in the end there. Remember this...Spurs were down 2-0 against the Hornets. KEEP THE FAITH!! I am. GEAUX SPURS!!!!

I don't know what was more vomit-inducing... Popovich's smallball move or Doug Collins.

spursrocksocks
05-21-2008, 11:35 PM
After beating your Hornets in that hostile and tough territory, Spurs can beat these Lakers. :toast

+1:lobt2:

alon504
05-21-2008, 11:45 PM
It's tough to win in LA...but, you know it can be done. Pop is a great coach and so is the team. As Coach Scott said during the playoffs...it's like a game of chess. You watch your opponent real hard, and then you make your next move. Spurs move. They'll be fine.

mVp
05-21-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm still confident but man... we had a 20 point lead, a 20 point lead... damn!

spursfan09
05-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Spurs have nobody to blame but themselves. They had a 20 point lead. wow. no excuse. That said we are only down 0-1

mytespurs
05-21-2008, 11:47 PM
That's the thing that makes me ill!!!! :D

rAm
05-21-2008, 11:49 PM

its almost like the Spurs are their own worst enemy.

Russ
05-21-2008, 11:50 PM
I was at the game and I feel damn good about the Spurs' chances. :)

pawe
05-21-2008, 11:54 PM
At least they are consistent. 3rd qtr blowup, offensive drought, bench play sucking and occasional bonehead plays.

T Park
05-21-2008, 11:55 PM
I was at the game and I feel damn good about the Spurs' chances. :)

Thats encouraging :)

Manu_Ginobili
05-21-2008, 11:55 PM

I agree. NOTHING TO PANIC ABOUT... Bottom line - the shots didn't fall in from 3s - just 25% shooting! Finley 0-5 and he played 21 min.? manu just 10 pts, so he will be back in the games going forward! The Spurs LOST a game they have WON, plus the refs helped the Lakers in the end...However, make no mistake, the SPURS HAD no business allowing those guys back in the game...We all knew the REFS will give it to them in the end...However, the series hasn't started yet - the Spurs PLAYED much better in Game 1 today, if you compare what they have done against the Hornets...What they need to do is sustain a good play for 4 quarters, NOT for 3...the 4th quarter was the same against the Hornets...still, even though we played like shit in the 4th we had a chance SHOULD THE REFS had given the right call - and OFFENSIVE FOUL on Kobe in a 85-85 game - then it would've been different - the Spurs would've had the ball with 30 sec to go...also the last possession foul wasn't on Sasha, but on Odom, who is NOT good from the FT line...The Spurs gave one away, a game they should have won easily taking into account they were up by 20 pts at some point...However, nothing we could do now - we have to prepare for Game 2...THERE IS NOW WAY THE FAKERS WOULD WIN A GAME IN SA...so what we need is to re-group and repeat what we did today, but JUST PLAY 4th quarters...that's ALL

TampaDude
05-21-2008, 11:56 PM

+1 Sometimes, it seems that the only team that can beat the Spurs is the Spurs...

alon504
05-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Well, it's nothing new...the great thing about this series is that the Spurs have seen it all. It's a been there, seen that, done that game for the Spurs. Now, every season is different and each season every team is different. The challenge, at this point in the playoffs is application. When we are talking about the Western Conference Championship, I think it is safe to say that Game 2 is pretty much a MUST win. You know it. You've seen it. There is less room for making up for mistakes or past losses. Friday will be big. GEAUX SPURS!!!!!!

Budkin
05-22-2008, 12:45 AM

Yes but it wasn't like we lost it in the last couple minutes... that would have been way worse. That shit was gone by the beginning of the 4th and there was still a whole quarter to play.

Guajalote
05-22-2008, 12:48 AM
I don't know what was more vomit-inducing... Popovich's smallball move or Doug Collins.

No kidding. That guy loves to hear himself talk. I almost got the puke bucket the SECOND time he pointed out how right he was when he mentioned how the Spurs didn't have a scoring drought in the first half. After a while, I just turned off the volume.

I was mad at the end of the game, but I am encouraged. Kobe wasn't too far away from average, Manu sucked, Finley sucked, Tony got bottled up because nobody besides Tim could hit a shot and still we almost stole the game.

Keep the faith, guys! :flag:

satspurNLV
05-22-2008, 12:51 AM
Enough with the disappointing loss! Game 1 over..... and on to Game 2 Friday night. Spurs fans need to believe in our guys. We've been here before and we'll do it again. Spurs never back down. Not in the Big Easy, and sure as heck not in the Big City. GO SPURS GO! all the way from Las Vegas!

aka_USAPA
05-22-2008, 01:45 AM

I guess the Lakers stepping it up had nothing to do with it.

TD=old&busted
05-22-2008, 01:57 AM
man the Spurs are going to have win 4 of 6. that's almost impossible against this laker team :wow

aka_USAPA
05-22-2008, 01:59 AM

If the Spurs played the Hornets tonight or any other team but the Lakers, they would have cruised to a 25-point victory.

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 02:05 AM
the Spurs were on fire in the first half, shooting 50%.
I don't think they can ever keep that up.
I expect much better 2nd halves out of the Spurs, but I also expect a much worse 1st half out of them. They were hitting everything and the Lakers were rusty.

Bottom line: this is going to 7 games and every game will be a war.

sa_kid20
05-22-2008, 02:15 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs get blown away next game. Time to put the nail in the coffin.

nail in the coffin? You won the first game of this series at home and you're already getting your tool box ready? Give me a break. Congrats on the comeback (not really) but we let this one slip away and we have no reason to believe "it's over" You can go ahead and put a nail in a coffin but the Spurs won't be in it.

MambaJuice2408
05-22-2008, 02:19 AM
The Spurs looked really good in the first half. I think the Lakers aside from being a little rusty, were a little overwhelmed by the Champs moxy and execution. But having said that I feel very confident these Lakers will take down the spurs because they were able to overcome a 20 point deficit and were able to win a spurs type game....Halfcourt Basketball!!!. This was a spurs tempo game and we won. granted the spurs can hit a better clip of their 3pointers but so can Odom and the lakers bench. Now that the team got a W under their belts I think the rest of the team will play better. This was Spurs best chance to win a game here I believe, and blew it. Lakers are said to not play D but their D outshined the Spurs D as well. Overall Im proud of what the squad did. I now expect the Lakers to play from ahead in Game 2 and Spurs to play catch up. Ultimately our firepower will outdo theirs. Spurs go home down 0-2. Well see what happens after that.