PDA

View Full Version : getting blown out > blowing a 20 point lead

Spurs rock
05-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Ouch! :depressed

mexicanjunior
05-22-2008, 12:19 AM
I would have preferred the blow out instead of the choke, they are always easier to write off...

mVp
05-22-2008, 12:24 AM
I would have preferred the blow out instead of the choke, they are always easier to write off...

+1

HarlemHeat37
05-22-2008, 12:27 AM
blowing a 20-point lead is disgusting..especially for a "smart, veteran team" like ours..aren't we supposed to be a "great" defensive team? inexcusable..just a disgusting performance from everybody not named Duncan and Bowen(for most of the game)..

mexicanjunior
05-22-2008, 12:28 AM
blowing a 20-point lead is disgusting..especially for a "smart, veteran team" like ours..aren't we supposed to be a "great" defensive team? inexcusable..just a disgusting performance from everybody not named Duncan and Bowen(for most of the game)..

The defense was not the problem, LA made some really tough shots in the 2nd half...the Spurs offense was just terrible and the defense could not bail it out the entire game...

HarlemHeat37
05-22-2008, 12:33 AM
I agree that the offense was the problem, as usual..but we're hyped up as a lockdown defensive team, and we didn't look like it at all during the 2nd half..

the Lakers weren't making "tough" shots..they got a lot of shots that they wanted..

the Spurs offense was terrible, but the defense in the 2nd half was bad too..I thought Bowen leaving the game was huge..

BlackSwordsMan
05-22-2008, 12:36 AM
When did losing become more important than winning?

Budkin
05-22-2008, 12:43 AM
Chokes are the hardest things to watch, especially when they end in a loss... but I half expected it tonight considering the Spurs had to be tired as fuck. The only reason they got up 20 is because the Lakers just aren't that good.

ata
05-22-2008, 12:57 AM
OK, I can try to understand, be patient and listen to excuses. BUT, can anybody explain me this stat: Vujacic +25! Vujacic, cmon. Who was he guarding?

YellowFever
05-22-2008, 01:06 AM
Vujacic did a better job on Manu than I thought he would.
Maybe Manu just had a godawful night and Sasha had nothing to do with it...or maybe Sasha's defense bottled up Manu for awhile.

Who know?

I do remember Manu bricking up some ugly shots when Sasha was on him.

DudleyDawson
05-22-2008, 01:09 AM
I agree. Tonight was hard to watch while gagging the game away down the stretch. Fucking pathetic offense playing with the lead.

DazedAndConfused
05-22-2008, 01:22 AM
Chokes are the hardest things to watch, especially when they end in a loss... but I half expected it tonight considering the Spurs had to be tired as fuck. The only reason they got up 20 is because the Lakers just aren't that good.

Do you think they are going to be any less tired on Friday? Same amount of rest they had from Game 7 in NO to Game 1 in LA.

This is the playoffs, fatigue is a fucking lame ass excuse and everyone in the Spurs organization will tell you that.

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 01:24 AM
OK, I can try to understand, be patient and listen to excuses. BUT, can anybody explain me this stat: Vujacic +25! Vujacic, cmon. Who was he guarding?

Vujacic is awesome.
Watching him every game has been a pleasure. He keeps getting better all the time. Dynasty in the making this Lakers team.... look out.

Dopey310
05-22-2008, 01:28 AM
This is the Western Conference finals, there's no more moral victories. A few breaks here and there could determine the series. Maybe the Spurs are the better team, but if they keep letting games like this get away, they will eventually lose the series.

DazedAndConfused
05-22-2008, 01:36 AM
Exactly blowing a game like this is FAR worse than getting blown out the entire game. Anything that messes with your mental toughness and questions your own ability to close out games is a big blow.

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 01:38 AM
I don't expect the Spurs to have any lingering effects from this game. Its not like the Spurs are the Nuggets, lol. Its just one game lost on the road.

MambaJuice2408
05-22-2008, 03:41 AM
Yeah the spurs might not have any lingering effect going into game 2....but guess what neither will the Lakers, not even if the Spurs go up 20 cuz Lakers will win again. Lakers been the most consistent team in the playoffs. not a single blow out on our playoff resume. That is what I call consistency!!! With Kobe on our side we have the scales tilted in our favor if we need him to be superman. I fully epect lakers to win game 2. if not a blowout I expect LA to toy with the spurs. if not a blowout LA will spot em a double digit lead again and come back and win and sen the spurs demoralized to SA.

Now would u rather get blown out in game 2 or lose another heartbreaker? Id take the blow out cuz its not as hard to take