PDA

View Full Version : Pop and his man crush..

HarlemHeat37
05-22-2008, 12:06 AM
why the fuck does he keep Finley on when he's struggling? I will never understand this..Finley is a STREAK shooter..he hasn't been making his shots..the other problem with this is that Finley is one of the worst passers in the NBA and one of the worst defenders in the NBA..he gives us NOTHING when he isn't making shots..

why the fuck does Pop keep him on? I don't understand this..we have other options..Brent Barry actually has an all-around game..

this was just so frustrating..

lefty
05-22-2008, 12:07 AM
:bang

loveforthegame
05-22-2008, 12:11 AM
Very true. Barry's line tonight was far better than Finley's. Not to mention that lock down defense Barry played compared to Finley.

It doesn't matter if Finley is 0-20 Pop will not pull a player for missing open shots but he has no tolerance for guys passing up open shots like Barry and Udoka were doing tonight.

KHRIS
05-22-2008, 12:14 AM
why the fuck does he keep Finley on when he's struggling? I will never understand this..Finley is a STREAK shooter..he hasn't been making his shots..the other problem with this is that Finley is one of the worst passers in the NBA and one of the worst defenders in the NBA..he gives us NOTHING when he isn't making shots..

why the fuck does Pop keep him on? I don't understand this..we have other options..Brent Barry actually has an all-around game..

this was just so frustrating..

Thats nothing compared to Phil's man crush on Luke Walton. And Luke brings nothing to the table unlike Finley. :(

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-22-2008, 12:14 AM
He came for cheap and he's a vet. Why are you surprised? It's Pop's M.O.

And it's retarded. Finley is the 2008 version of Terry Porter.

SPARKY
05-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Pop will pull the plug on this quick. They had a quick turnaround so he didn't screw with the rotation that much. Now he has a couple days to review and adjust.

T Park
05-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Pop will pull the plug on this quick. They had a quick turnaround so he didn't screw with the rotation that much. Now he has a couple days to review and adjust.

Yeah pulled the plug on Finley pretty quick in the Hornet's series, so I'm gonna assume Barry and or Udoka take pretty much all of his minutes for game 2.

Spurs3000
05-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Never mind his performance - Finlay is a danger to everyone else on the court with that giant salad fork sticking out of his back.

Trainwreck2100
Yeah pulled the plug on Finley pretty quick in the Hornet's series, so I'm gonna assume Barry and or Udoka take pretty much all of his minutes for game 2.

Not if udoka plays like he did in the 2nd half.

HarlemHeat37
Thats nothing compared to Phil's man crush on Luke Walton. And Luke brings nothing to the table unlike Finley. :(

at least Walton is a good passer..

Finley is actually one of the worst passers for a guard that I've ever seen..he can't even give Timmy a decent entry pass..

I think Pop is the best coach in the NBA(with PJ), but he just makes some frustrating decisions at times..he made some very questionable decisions tonight..

KHRIS
05-22-2008, 12:27 AM

Finley is actually one of the worst passers for a guard that I've ever seen..he can't even give Timmy a decent entry pass..

I think Pop is the best coach in the NBA(with PJ), but he just makes some frustrating decisions at times..he made some very questionable decisions tonight..

Thats what other fans think because the media keeps saying it over and over but its not true. Hell someone on TNT even complimented him on his passing right after he threw a horrible pass. Finley doesnt look so bad to me. His shots didnt fall.

pad300
05-22-2008, 12:31 AM
We are not using Stoudamire anyway. Would we be wise to deactivate him, and activate Bonner (or even Mahinmi) next game. That would give us another big man as an option, as compared to small ball (which so many of us hate). Which is also where Finley gets minutes as PF....

SouthernFried
05-22-2008, 12:32 AM

Glad someone else notices this. Finley's inbound passes are terrible as well. He's always telegraphing his passes, and then gives scared, weak ones. Why he's in this role is a mystery to me. Be nice if someone asked POP his reasoning for using FIN so much for entry and inbound passes.