PDA

View Full Version : 65-45 with 5:51 left in the 3rd quarter

tlongII
05-22-2008, 01:25 AM
Almost as bad as my boys in game 7 of the 2000 WCF.

21_Blessings
Kobe > Spurs

baseline bum
Almost as bad as your boys in game 2 of the 1999 WCF.

Princess Pimp
05-22-2008, 01:26 AM

Really pathetic by these bonehead spurs...

ShoogarBear
05-22-2008, 01:27 AM

Don't you currently refer to that as "the good old days"?

tlongII
05-22-2008, 01:28 AM

We are BACK baby!

Ludovician
05-22-2008, 01:29 AM

:lmao

I'm in Sacramento and it highly amuses me that the franchise highlight here is a series that the Kings lost

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 01:32 AM
Kind of reminds me of another key # situation: 0.4

DDS4
05-22-2008, 01:51 AM
Kind of reminds me of another key # situation: 0.4

Funny that most of you Laker fans bring up 0.4, yet the Lakers didn't win a championship that year. Even Fisher said pregame that shot didn't mean much to him since they lost in the Finals.

At least when the Spurs made Kobe cry, they won the damn thing.

21_Blessings
05-22-2008, 01:57 AM
Funny that most of you Laker fans bring up 0.4, yet the Lakers didn't win a championship that year. Even Fisher said pregame that shot didn't mean much to him since they lost in the Finals.

At least the Lakers weren't swept out of the playoffs like bitches that year unlike the Spurs in 01.

Dopey310
05-22-2008, 01:58 AM
Keep deluding yourself in to thinking that 0.4 didn't mean much. That shot very likely prevented the Spurs from three peating. That shot drastically changed the perception of the Spurs as one of the all time great teams. :lol

DDS4
05-22-2008, 01:59 AM
At least the Lakers weren't swept out of the playoffs like bitches that year unlike the Spurs in 01.

Look up 1999. Thanks for playing.

DDS4
05-22-2008, 02:00 AM
Keep deluding yourself in to thinking that 0.4 didn't mean much. That shot very likely prevented the Spurs from three peating. That shot drastically changed the perception of the Spurs as one of the all time great teams. :lol

So what did the Spurs do the following year?

The script ain't done yet.

der Kaiser
05-22-2008, 02:05 AM
The game is being re-played right now on TNT, for those who are interested.

DazedAndConfused
05-22-2008, 02:05 AM
People still don't realize how big of a choke job tonight's game really was. The Spurs had a 20 pt lead with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

This is the best defensive team in the NBA blowing a 20 pt lead in the WCF. Outside of Portland's collapse in 2000 I can't think of another team that has choked this hard at this stage of the game in the playoffs. This is a loss every Spurs fan should be deeply embarrassed about because if the Spurs should lose this series you can bet your ass this game will live in infamy like 0.4 does.

ShoogarBear
05-22-2008, 02:07 AM
How's Yao's rehab going?

Dopey310
05-22-2008, 02:07 AM
So what did the Spurs do the following year?

The script ain't done yet.

Reading comprehension? You guys had a golden opportunity to three peat. Fisher's 0.4 shitted all over that opportunity. Three titles in 5 years (without a repeat) doesn't have near the prestige of a three peat and 4 titles in 5 years.:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: Is a period of undeniable dominance. Spurs have yet to even experience :lobt2::lobt2:. :lol

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 02:08 AM
People still don't realize how big of a choke job tonight's game really was. The Spurs had a 20 pt lead with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

This is the best defensive team in the NBA blowing a 20 pt lead in the WCF. Outside of Portland's collapse in 2000 I can't think of another team that has choked this hard at this stage of the game in the playoffs. This is a loss every Spurs fan should be deeply embarrassed about because if the Spurs should lose this series you can bet your ass this game will live in infamy like 0.4 does.

You're right... down 20 in the mid-3rdQ is a stunning stat and will be well remembered for a long time in our minds and the history reels. Go Lakers!

LA24
05-22-2008, 03:22 AM

Spurs DID NOT CHOKE !!!

20 pt lead with 6 minutes in the 3rd is an eternity.
I mean if it was 8 minutes in the 4th...then yeah. But hey did not choke.
Lakers put the clamp on and the Spurs were probably out of gas a bit.

Deuces88
05-22-2008, 03:30 AM
Basically all this game tells me is that Lakers have to hope Spurs beat themselves 3 more times this series. Ain't gonna happen.

The_Game
05-22-2008, 03:39 AM
Basically all this game tells me is that Lakers have to hope Spurs beat themselves 3 more times this series. Ain't gonna happen.

Spurs fans like you are why I get pissed off

what is this Spurs beat themselves crap? Lakers are a great team with the best player in the world on their team...Lakers played poor and still had enough to comeback and win the game. Spurs didn't play amazing but they played well enough

when you lose a 20 point lead in a series it will have a huge effect on the rest of the series. I find it hard to believe the spurs will get over this loss..

we had a great chance to take homecourt and take control of the series but failed.......now lakers still hold all the cards and still have homecourt.

spurs are screwed...we wasted a rare GREAT game from duncan. I doubt he plays this well the rest of the series.

Deuces88
05-22-2008, 03:42 AM

what is this Spurs beat themselves crap? Lakers are a great team with the best player in the world on their team...Lakers played poor and still had enough to comeback and win the game. Spurs didn't play amazing but they played well enough

when you lose a 20 point lead in a series it will have a huge effect on the rest of the series. I find it hard to believe the spurs will get over this loss..

we had a great chance to take homecourt and take control of the series but failed.......now lakers still hold all the cards and still have homecourt.

spurs are screwed...we wasted a rare GREAT game from duncan. I doubt he plays this well the rest of the series.

Ironic. This idiotic basketball fan calling me out. Spurs beat themselves. They made too many mistakes and allowed themselves to go into a drought. As a fan, I realize that and I also realize that this is a rare occurence.

Also, you say they won't get over it? Are you retarded? Do you know who the Spurs are? They are experienced. They aren't going to dwell on one game and let it affect their play.

You doubt Duncan is going to play well the rest of the series? Is this a joke? This dumbass is calling me out? :lmao

The_Game
05-22-2008, 03:48 AM
Ironic. This idiotic basketball fan calling me out. Spurs beat themselves. They made too many mistakes and allowed themselves to go into a drought. As a fan, I realize that and I also realize that this is a rare occurence.

Also, you say they won't get over it? Are you retarded? Do you know who the Spurs are? They are experienced. They aren't going to dwell on one game and let it affect their play.

You doubt Duncan is going to play well the rest of the series? Is this a joke? This dumbass is calling me out? :lmao

You should never call anybody an idiot, you are a clueless moron who lilely has never played at a decent level in your life. You have no business stating what you are stating......no team is going to beat themselves. It will be earnt.

spurs blew the lead but the lakers took the game thanks to Kobe. The league MVP...the best player in the world. He simply stepped up his game, reason why spurs were ahead was because Kobe didn't turn it on...once he did the game changed.

say what you want about spurs experience but games like these where you lose a 20 point lead has a lasting effect. Spurs were looking at stealing homecourt now they are likely going home 0-2.....no way the lakers play that badly in the first half in game 2. I expect lakers to actually play well for the whole game in game 2 and win.

Duncan won't have the type of game he had in game 1 no....30 and 18 are rare performances and if you don't win games when your star puts those numbers up? you are screwed the rest of the way.

Capt Bringdown
05-22-2008, 04:32 AM
Worse. Blazers weren't defending champions.
Much worse.

21_Blessings
05-22-2008, 04:41 AM
Look up 1999. Thanks for playing.

:lobt2: 1999*

Dopey310
05-22-2008, 04:44 AM
The whole "we beat ourselves" cliche is BS because it always works both ways.You can easily argue that the Lakers beat themselves in the first 3 quarters by missing multiple point blank layups and dunks. If they would've made a couple of those (I'm talking to you Odom and Gasol) ,Lakers would've been much closer the whole game. Spurs didn't beat themselves, they just missed some open jumpers. Spurs are nowhere near that great of an offensive team that one should believe they will always make those long shots. It's a crap shoot with this Spurs team, and today, they just happened to miss more than they made when they needed it the most.

It's just as stupid to focus on the " Lakers should be embarrassed to be down 20 at home" idea . Spurs blew a 20 point lead with 18 minutes to go. There's always another side to these bias viewpoints. The ONLY thing that matters in game 1 is getting the victory and building momentum for game 2. The Lakers definitely have the mo right now after how game 1 ended, but of course, mo can shift in a hurry if the Spurs come out blazing in game 2.

florige
05-22-2008, 07:28 AM

I don't agree with that. I think Duncan will continue to play at a high level regardless. They really have no answer for him defensively and Duncan knows it. We just have to pray that Manu doesn't continue to play like pure crap the rest of the series, and Pop doesn't continue to make boneheaded coaching moves. Just because we were up 20 points and lost doesn't mean crap. It just means now that LA has the momentum. It's just amazing how in the 4th we looked so lost.

STX_21
05-22-2008, 08:37 AM

Spurs fans like YOU are why I get pissed off. Pack up and go home SA.....cause "Spurs are screwed"

urunobili
05-22-2008, 08:42 AM
:flipoff:vomit::idiot

TampaDude
05-22-2008, 08:43 AM
Same old Spurs...they did this shit all throughout the regular season...blow huge leads in the second half...remember the Celtics game?

Anyway...either this loss will get them pissed off and they will come out gunning and thump the Lakers in Game 2 to grab HCA, or they will collapse utterly and get swept. That's how I see it. We'll all find out on Friday night.

Lake_show
05-22-2008, 09:04 AM
We have a real leader on our team who stepped up and won us the game.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-22-2008, 09:12 AM

Although it was a pathetic display in the second half you should feel lucky your team got out with a win when they were pretty much dead. Furthermore if theres any team in the league that have the luxury of laying an egg that big and come back is the spurs. Fans are used to see this shit happening from time to time but at the end of the day they deliver anyway. THeres no reason to panic and no winner has ever won without losing first.

Your lakers will lose some games and we will see you here talking shit about them in a few days, even maybe tomorrow.

You need to call yourself to calm and think before you post. You are "emotionally challenged" as you would die under adversity and explode in joy when things are going good.

And you have zero credibility by the way.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-22-2008, 09:13 AM
[/B]

I don't agree with that. I think Duncan will continue to play at a high level regardless. They really have no answer for him defensively and Duncan knows it. We just have to pray that Manu doesn't continue to play like pure crap the rest of the series, and Pop doesn't continue to make boneheaded coaching moves. Just because we were up 20 points and lost doesn't mean crap. It just means now that LA has the momentum. It's just amazing how in the 4th we looked so lost.

The true story of the night was that Duncan ate Gasol's lunch every minute he was on the court. He can't defend Duncan.

Budkin
05-22-2008, 09:13 AM

Are you even a Spurs fan? Take some fucking Xanax.

Budkin
05-22-2008, 09:15 AM

You keep telling yourself it was more than it was. The fact is that before fatigue set in and the Spurs started making stupid decisions they fucking toyed with the Lakers.

sleepy
05-22-2008, 09:16 AM

Yeah, because the Lakers suck that bad for 2 1/2 quarters on a regular basis. In fact, they won the #1 seed because every win they had against good teams depended on the good team playing like crap down the stretch. :rollin

Kobe with his first basket with less than 2 minutes to play in the 2nd? Yeah - happens all the time.

SAGambler
05-22-2008, 09:19 AM

Must have been when Pop got the bright idea to put Vaughn in the game.

romsho
05-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Although it was a pathetic display in the second half you should feel lucky your team got out with a win when they were pretty much dead. Furthermore if theres any team in the league that have the luxury of laying an egg that big and come back is the spurs. Fans are used to see this shit happening from time to time but at the end of the day they deliver anyway. THeres no reason to panic and no winner has ever won without losing first.

Your lakers will lose some games and we will see you here talking shit about them in a few days, even maybe tomorrow.

You need to call yourself to calm and think before you post. You are "emotionally challenged" as you would die under adversity and explode in joy when things are going good.

And you have zero credibility by the way.

You know, Princess Pimp get all the run, but Dazed and Confused doesn't get near enough credit for being the giant douchebag that he is. At first it was just very subtle, but one game 1 win and this fucktard is dropping shitbombs all over the place. The frontrunners are back: expect trolling to reach a new level now that Laker fan is feeling it.

Los Spurs
05-22-2008, 09:34 AM

Well said :toast

jmard5
05-22-2008, 09:35 AM
:lobt2: 1999*

Funny Laker fans still employing the * year when all teams have the same opportunity to win the championship.

* because it is shortened year for all of the teams? Sourgrapes.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-22-2008, 09:36 AM
You know, Princess Pimp get all the run, but Dazed and Confused doesn't get near enough credit for being the giant douchebag that he is. At first it was just very subtle, but one game 1 win and this fucktard is dropping shitbombs all over the place. The frontrunners are back: expect trolling to reach a new level now that Laker fan is feeling it.

When the Spurs won the hornets series you couldnt even see his face in this forum, last night he was posting 3 times a minute.

That has to tell you something and if you name is Dazed&Confused that has to tell you you are a moron.