PDA

View Full Version : Vujacic Flops

DazedAndConfused
05-22-2008, 02:55 AM
This certainly looked like an unnatural basketball act to me. If I'm LA I'm sending the tape in ASAP. Bruce should be suspended for that, no question about it. He straight threw an elbow at Sasha.

W1IwnBDHcxA

J.T.
05-22-2008, 02:57 AM
He flopped like the overrated scrub he is.

Eli Manning
05-22-2008, 02:59 AM
Definitely flopped.

DazedAndConfused
05-22-2008, 03:00 AM
So I guess Bruce was just stretching out his elbow on that play right?

LOL, that was as blatant as it gets. Bruce went for an elbow chop right at Sasha.

Tom Brady
Lol, Vujacic should drink more milk if he gets hurt by his own flops. Look at him hold his shoulder. Aww, what's the matter Sasha? Want me to kiss it and make it all better?

Zee Laker
It wasnt even a foul. What the hell you talking about?

Austin Powers
05-22-2008, 03:01 AM
That flop was smashing baby, yeah!

Officer Slater
05-22-2008, 03:02 AM
At least Steve Nash wins the flopping championship! :smokin

Bruno
05-22-2008, 03:04 AM
Please, pink this guy.

Phil Hellmuth
05-22-2008, 03:05 AM
fuck sasha, he screams like a lil bitch when he tries to draw a foul

J.T.
05-22-2008, 03:08 AM
Please, pink this guy.

For serious.

:tu timvp, I see what you did there.

Man of Steel
05-22-2008, 03:11 AM
Hate to admit it--but it does look like a dirty shot.

ShowtimeRedux
05-22-2008, 03:42 AM
it really does look dirty, all bullshit aside, you can easily see the jerking upward elbow, and did you see the look on Sasha's face after he got up? He looked FUCKIN PISSED, like he was gonna kill Bowen. On the other end it looks like sasha is beelining it to Bowen until he realizes he is in the play. The reaction should be the real teller...

Allanon
05-22-2008, 03:48 AM
Wow, I missed that during the game.

That could have been a flop but regardless, if the NBA gets a wind of that one, that's probably a suspension. I don't want to see no suspensions, but the NBA will probably hand one out if it's investigated.

David Wooderson
05-22-2008, 03:49 AM
It's sad that this great basketball league has diminished to the point where guys get paid millions of dollars to play a contact sport, then tattle to the league when one of their players gets a hard hit, intentional or otherwise.

cly2tw
05-22-2008, 03:50 AM
Bowen could have his elbow the way he gave to Amare's ribs in their last regular season game. But it could also be a Sasha flop. Evidence is not clear enough for either case. But both players have a reputation for either flopping or playing dirty.

J.T.
05-22-2008, 03:52 AM
I won't post here for the rest of the series if he gets suspended for this. Seriously, if he had done that to Kobe, maybe the league would take a second look at it, but Sasha Vujacic is a nobody, and his no talent ass is not worth the league's time reviewing videotape of this non-foul.

hsxvvd
05-22-2008, 03:55 AM
Vujacic = Beno in sooo many ways.

hsxvvd
05-22-2008, 03:56 AM
Did anybody else catch the Elbow thrown at Thomas. It was much clearer than this, I think it was from Farmar or Fisher.

der Kaiser
05-22-2008, 04:21 AM
Its the playoffs. There is no dirty play. If you get kicked in the natz, hip checked, whatever, you get up and return fire.

(Unless you are the suns in which case you take it like a red headed step child)

ShowtimeRedux
05-22-2008, 04:26 AM
Did anybody else catch the Elbow thrown at Thomas. It was much clearer than this, I think it was from Farmar or Fisher.

I saw it, it was an elbow pushing thomas back because thomas had kneed him hard in the side on the screen, and farmar was frustrated. It was an elbow, but weak in comparison to a face shot from the back of the elbow.

Allanon
05-22-2008, 04:26 AM

It was Farmar at the top of the key, but I don't think it was an elbow but more of pushing off a screen.

ShowtimeRedux
05-22-2008, 04:29 AM
It was Farmar at the top of the key, but I don't think it was an elbow but more of pushing off a screen.

he pushed with that elbow back because he couldn't get around the screen, not like a face shot...

nomine
05-22-2008, 04:32 AM
Right, you all are complaining about a push off/slight elbow(at best) from a 6 foot guard on a 6"10 250+ lb forward. Give me a break.

Better quality video of "THE ELBOW" starring Bruce Bowen as the antagonist and Sasha Vujacic as the unlikely antihero who will avenge this act of cowardice in the next episode.

http://www.lakersmedia.com/?p=130

If Bowen doesn't get a suspension, Sasha just might murder him come next game... I think Spurs fans everywhere should be sending letters to Stern for Bowen's enrollment in the witness protection program.

J.T.
05-22-2008, 04:41 AM
Right, you all are complaining about a push off/slight elbow(at best) from a 6 foot guard on a 6"10 250+ lb forward. Give me a break.

Better quality video of "THE ELBOW" starring Bruce Bowen as the antagonist and Sasha Vujacic as the unlikely antihero who will avenge this act of cowardice in the next episode.

If Bowen doesn't get a suspension, Sasha just might murder him come next game... I think Spurs fans everywhere should be sending letters to Stern for Bowen's enrollment in the witness protection program.

:lmao

DazedAndConfused you truly are a little bitch for making a mountain out of a mother fucking molehill here. Way to fail at life.

nomine
05-22-2008, 04:47 AM
TBH lakers fans don't give a shit if the league suspends bowen. Hell, most of us realize that he's gotten away with way more in his career. The kicker, therefore, will be whether it lights a fire under any of the lakers' asses (particularly Sasha) once they see the videotape.

stxspurs
05-22-2008, 06:40 AM
floppy long hair makes fouls look worse than they are

Lakers999
05-22-2008, 07:13 AM
like ginobili, parker, udoka, bowen, horry, NEVER EVER EVER FLOPPED IN THE CLOSING MINUTES???

get real spurs fans

DazedAndConfused
05-22-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm not really sure what the hell Bowen is even trying to do on that play. In the high def version you can see he isn't really throwing an elbow at Sasha, he's just kind of stiff-arming him straight across the neck. It's a really awkward and strange maneuver in slow-motion.

I know Bowen won't be suspended for this, but it would be sweet justice if he were.

DazedAndConfused
05-22-2008, 10:03 AM
And I love how the mods have gotten Nazi now that the Spurs are losing.

aka_USAPA
05-22-2008, 10:05 AM
If Sasha did the same thing to Manu, the Spurs fans won't call it a flop. They'll say Sasha is dirty.

THE Black Mamba
05-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Bottom line:
Sasha = VICTORY
Bowen = defeat

Dim Tuncan
05-22-2008, 10:25 AM
It's sad that this great basketball league has diminished to the point where guys get paid millions of dollars to play a contact sport, then tattle to the league when one of their players gets a hard hit, intentional or otherwise.

Did you think that when we sent a tape in on Kobe's "unnatural basketball act" on Manu and got him suspended? (which was much less egregious than Bowen's Elbow on Vujacic, I hate to say)

Some of the homers around here are just so blinded by their bias. Wish there were more Spurs fans like me.

SPARKY
05-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Please, pink this guy.

:tu

His act is tired.

O-Factor
05-22-2008, 10:30 AM
This certainly looked like an unnatural basketball act to me. If I'm LA I'm sending the tape in ASAP. Bruce should be suspended for that, no question about it. He straight threw an elbow at Sasha.

W1IwnBDHcxA

Pussy, thats a flop. You'll bitch about anything Spurs wont you, you jealous fuck.

Do you play like that on the court?

I bet you do. Like a bitch.

BiZNicK
05-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Nice flop job

THE Black Mamba
05-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Pussy, thats a flop. You'll bitch about anything Spurs wont you, you jealous fuck.

Do you play like that on the court?

I bet you do. Like a bitch.

You need to see a shrink.

sleepy
05-22-2008, 10:38 AM
I dislike Bowen as much as any Laker fan, but that wasn't even a foul, much less an elbow to the head. Bad acting by Sasha. Looks like he hurt his shoulder when he fell. With that look on his face, I thought he was going to go murder someone on the other end. :lol

SPARKY
05-22-2008, 10:38 AM

Nah, the mods have become so because you've become retarded.

O-Factor
05-22-2008, 10:39 AM

Why? Because you and your troll kind are being lame and tying to and trash threads or starting trash threads aswell? It makes it hard to sift through to find the threads with REAL basketball debate. But whatever, were so use to trolls its boring.

Now please, go blow Bynum some more some where.

JamStone
05-22-2008, 10:42 AM
I don't think it's a flop, but I don't think it's dirty on Bowen's part either.

It makes no little sense for Vujacic to flop 20+ feet away from the basketball to try to draw a foul.

But, it's not even a foul either. Hard contact, physical play. It's the playoffs. Don't be a pussy.

THE Black Mamba
Now please, go blow Bynum some more some where.

Seriously.........get help soon.

ATRAIN
LMAO at Ofactor changing the name when quoting "GayandConfused " hahahah

LakerMagic
05-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Eh, Its playoff basketball. Play on guys.

jack sommerset
05-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Honestly. NBA fans seldom talked about the flop until Mangoo entered the league. I think some Spew fans are grasping at straws when they accuse other teams of flopping.

I say no flop.

If its a obvious flop refs should call technical fouls. Sportsmanship.

rasho8
05-22-2008, 11:41 AM
TBH lakers fans don't give a shit if the league suspends bowen. Hell, most of us realize that he's gotten away with way more in his career. The kicker, therefore, will be whether it lights a fire under any of the lakers' asses (particularly Sasha) once they see the videotape.

Watch the high def one, he flops like a bitch pansy. He took an elbow in the shoulder coming across Bowens body (who btw just stands there and keeps his arm straight, doesnt 'throw' any elbows) and flings his face back like he got bitch slapped by Duncan.

Flopping lakers are funny.

trjons
05-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Bowen was asked to do that cheapshot by Manu because Sasha was frustrating the crap out of him.

~kingflopper~
05-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Spurs fans....talking about flopping....what has the world come to?

Robinzine
05-22-2008, 12:01 PM
At least Steve Nash wins the flopping championship! :smokin
No way, Manu wins the "Vlade Divac" flopping title hands down.

Los Spurs
05-22-2008, 12:11 PM

:dramaquee

Mr.Franchize
05-22-2008, 12:17 PM
So I guess Bruce was just stretching out his elbow on that play right?

LOL, that was as blatant as it gets. Bruce went for an elbow chop right at Sasha.

i think its time we unleash Ira Newble on Bowen..

http://www.informationleafblower.com/blog/archives/owwquitit.jpg

JustSpurs
05-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Makes me miss all the Hornets Trolls.

Kriz-Maxima
05-22-2008, 12:29 PM
But, it's not even a foul either. Hard contact, physical play. It's the playoffs. Don't be a pussy.

rAm
05-22-2008, 12:35 PM

That video shows even more why it shouldn't be a suspension.

Medvedenko
05-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Sasha over exagerates contact a lot. If he got elbowed than too bad, because the way he plays, he has it coming.

brettn
05-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Please, sasha's elbow to Thomas' ribs was MUCH more blatant than this garbage. He straight up elbowed Thomas in the ribs because he couldn't get around a screen. I have this distinct feeling that vujacic will come earn a place as one of the most hated players among Spurs fans before this series is over. And it's not because he's good either. Just a little bitch.

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Anyone defending Bowen does it out of loyalty and not based on his dirty actions such as this one. Was it a dirty play? Yes. Does he do this stuff all the time? Yes, frequently. As a non-Spurs fan I hate it. Its a sign of weakness to play dirty. It reflects poorly on your whole organization. But because they feel like dirty play gives them an edge they continue to do it.

Does Sasha flop a lot? Yes, frequently. And that makes us look bad imo. No place for flopping in the league. I wish our guys would get on him to stop. I think its a carryover from Euro style.

KB_MVP
05-22-2008, 01:04 PM
HE DID ELBOW HIM BUT SAHSA ALSO FLOPPED, Dont suspend him though... If we beat you guys I want to beat you guys at full strength.

Pero
05-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Please, sasha's elbow to Thomas' ribs was MUCH more blatant than this garbage. He straight up elbowed Thomas in the ribs because he couldn't get around a screen. I have this distinct feeling that vujacic will come earn a place as one of the most hated players among Spurs fans before this series is over. And it's not because he's good either. Just a little bitch.

Yeah right. :rolleyes Spurs would be happy to have a shooter like Sasha of the bench. Except he's a primadona so he wouldn't fit.

SPARKY
05-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Makes me miss all the Hornets Trolls.

No kidding.

Medvedenko
05-22-2008, 01:43 PM
A flop is a flop....

shelshor
05-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Lol, Vujacic should drink more milk if he gets hurt by his own flops. Look at him hold his shoulder. Aww, what's the matter Sasha? Want me to kiss it and make it all better?

Didn't Sasha get up holding his shoulder at least 3 or 4 times?
Guess it's a ready-made excuse when the pedophile-looking scrub starts building brick outhouses

m33p0
05-22-2008, 02:18 PM
oh, look. he even showed his "angry" face. aw....

dmac
05-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Bowen could have his elbow the way he gave to Amare's ribs in their last regular season game. But it could also be a Sasha flop. Evidence is not clear enough for either case. But both players have a reputation for either flopping or playing dirty.

And the Suns have a reputation for sucking...

:downspin:

Fillmoe
05-22-2008, 03:41 PM
As much as I think Bowen is a dirty player, the play was clean. The only reason he came up holding his shoulder is because he fell down directly on it without any support to comfort the fall.

Fillmoe
05-22-2008, 03:42 PM
By the way that face he makes is funny as fuck..

Fillmoe
05-22-2008, 03:44 PM
http://i30.tinypic.com/nb2fig.jpg

gmartin02
05-22-2008, 03:54 PM
I won't post here for the rest of the series if he gets suspended for this. Seriously, if he had done that to Kobe, maybe the league would take a second look at it, but Sasha Vujacic is a nobody, and his no talent ass is not worth the league's time reviewing videotape of this non-foul.
His "no talent ass" shut down Genobili last night - ahh the irony (floppers revenge of another flopper)

Bob Lanier
05-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Vujacic is a better defensive player than Bruce Bowen. He's also more of a flopper. You take the bad with the good.

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 04:06 PM
I can't believe any spurs fan would start a thread concerning a. flopping b. dirty play or c. arrogant fans without recognizing the hypocrisy.

Pero
05-22-2008, 04:08 PM
I can't believe any spurs fan would start a thread concerning a. flopping b. dirty play or c. arrogant fans without recognizing the hypocrisy.

Uh, the thread was started by Confusion who is a LakerTroll. :lmao

LakerHater
05-22-2008, 05:21 PM
WoW! I missed that it really does look like an elbow! But why did Vujacic come up holdin' his elbow?

Slo spurs fan
05-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Didn't Sasha get up holding his shoulder at least 3 or 4 times?
Guess it's a ready-made excuse when the pedophile-looking scrub starts building brick outhouses

So your judgement about other people is based on someoneīs looking?
In the past this board didnīt have had idiots like you with moronic takes like yours. I really enjoyed those times. But now Spurstalk is flooded with trolls, bullshit talking homers and idiots.

LakerHater
05-22-2008, 05:28 PM
my bad.

Caption for your avatar:
"the doctor said they need to be THIS big to draw attention away from my face"
My avatar or my Sig? :donkey

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 05:29 PM
WoW! I missed that it really does look like an elbow! But why did Vujacic come up holdin' his elbow?

Caption for your avatar:

rasho8
05-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Caption for your avatar:

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Okay that was REALLY funny.

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Uh, the thread was started by Confusion who is a LakerTroll. :lmao

my bad, thanks for the correction.

But stop throwing elbows Bowen, you thug!

redskinfan
05-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Sasha (first of all that's a girls name! In fact I used to know a hot girl named Sasha and she was kinda tall I wonder what happened to her she just disappeared one day) was grabbing Bruce's arm and playing it up nicely a pretty good actor I would say.

SpurAddict561
05-22-2008, 05:59 PM
hahaha so THAT was the play he got up looking like he just got his lunch money stolen

poor guy

BiZNicK
05-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Sasha thinks too highly of himself

Who the hell gives himself a nickname "The Machine"??

Cocky ass role-player needs to stfu :lmao

Pero
05-22-2008, 06:37 PM

Uhm, Lakers commentators gave him that nick? Maybe? :rolleyes

Spuradicator
05-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Still, Chris Paul Barrel Roll flop > Sasha Flop

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Sasha is one of the reasons we are underestimated.
He is our # 4 or #5 Scoring option and hes the 8th best 3pt shooter in the NBA. That's not a bad 5th option to have. He's the best combo of shooting and defense behind Steve Nash and Richard Hamilton.

Pero
05-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Steve Nash and defense should not be in the same sentence. :lol

timvp
05-22-2008, 07:18 PM
He's the best combo of shooting and defense behind Steve Nash and Richard Hamilton.Laker Fan outdoes himself.

Wow.

Red Hawk #21
05-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Wow people are complaining about this shit? I'm guessing alot of people didn't watch the hand to hand combat called defense back in the 90s...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Nah, the mods have become so because you've become retarded.

Seriously..Pink this mfer

His shit is grating. Once this series started it's like it exacerbated his mental impairment.

ShowtimeRedux
05-22-2008, 07:56 PM

that wasnt even sasha, it was farmar...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-22-2008, 08:03 PM
Uhm, Lakers commentators gave him that nick? Maybe? :rolleyes

No, they said HE gave himself it, and called himself that.

No one would give a scrub-ass roleplayer that nickname. Plus, Sasha hasn't proven himself to have any notable bball IQ.

Pero
05-22-2008, 08:04 PM
No, they said HE gave himself it, and called himself that.

No one would give a scrub-ass roleplayer that nickname. Plus, Sasha hasn't proven himself to have any notable bball IQ.

I remember some Laker fan in the NBA forum saying how one commentator called him that for some reason I can't remember now and it sticked with him. I think it was Medvedenko. Or Allanon.

DazedAndConfused
05-22-2008, 08:10 PM
I remember some Laker fan in the NBA forum saying how one commentator called him that for some reason I can't remember now and it sticked with him. I think it was Medvedenko. Or Allanon.

You're correct. Stu Lantz gave him that nickname, but unfortunately Doug Collins and Marv Albert keep perpetrating the lie that he gave it to himself. Kobe was actually interviewed today and specifically told the reporters that Sasha did not give himself the nickname and for them to stop repeating that.

It just goes to show that any lie can be perceived as the truth if repeated enough.

Pero
05-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Not either of those, but here you go:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88325&highlight=machine

Lakers commentator Joel Myers nicknamed him that and it just caught on.

Ye, Joel said he looks like the rebounding machine when he got 3 or 4 difficult rebounds in a row a couple of weeks back, then he hit a couple of 3s, so he just called him the machine.

So much for naming himself. :rolleyes

Pero
05-22-2008, 08:15 PM
You're correct. Stu Lantz gave him that nickname, but unfortunately Doug Collins and Marv Albert keep perpetrating the lie that he gave it to himself. Kobe was actually interviewed today and specifically told the reporters that Sasha did not give himself the nickname and for them to stop repeating that.

It just goes to show that any lie can be perceived as the truth if repeated enough.

Stu Lantz, Joel Myers, whoever... He didn't gave it to himself.

pauls931
05-22-2008, 08:22 PM
I don't think any team with Ginobili can criticize other teams regarding flopping.

SPARKY
05-22-2008, 09:36 PM
He's the best combo of shooting and defense behind Steve Nash and Richard Hamilton.

Sig worthy.

Lakers08Champs
05-22-2008, 09:55 PM
It's not new to everybody, just another dirty play by a dirty player aka Bruce Bowen, NO EXCUSES NEEDED!!!! SUSPEND HIM!!!! :nope:ihit

ballhog
05-22-2008, 10:24 PM
It's not new to everybody, just another dirty play by a dirty player aka Bruce Bowen, NO EXCUSES NEEDED!!!! SUSPEND HIM!!!! :nope:ihit

Just shut up already. Watch Derek Fisher for awhile. Take off the homer glasses.

aka_USAPA
05-22-2008, 10:58 PM

Doug Collins is mistaken. Stu Lantz gave him that nickname, not himself.

Slo spurs fan
05-23-2008, 05:44 AM
Sasha (first of all that's a girls name! In fact I used to know a hot girl named Sasha and she was kinda tall I wonder what happened to her she just disappeared one day) was grabbing Bruce's arm and playing it up nicely a pretty good actor I would say.

His name is Aleksandar, Sasha is a nick-name. And he will be VERY good player in 1-2 years.
Ohh and he didnīt give himself a nick The Machine, it was Lakers commentators.
Still Spurs in 6.

Dario
05-24-2008, 02:25 AM
I can't believe this face isn't photoshoped allready:hat

Dim Tuncan
05-24-2008, 02:50 AM
(1) Everyone dogging The Machine would probably have curled up in the fetal position and cried like the little faggot bitch they are, had they been the recipient of that elbow

(2) I like the kid's game, and think that he'd fit really well in our system. I'd like to see if Buford can sign him this offseason.

(3) Per my Laker fan friends in LA, Stu Lantz was the one who nicknamed him. He did not apply that name to himself, in spite of the lies of Doug Collins and Marv Albert.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-24-2008, 04:50 AM
god damnit spurs fans on this board are going out of their way to seem like total fucking douches.

PwrGetter
05-24-2008, 04:53 AM
I can't believe this face isn't photoshoped allready:hat

I actually think that's a great picture. I dont know whats' humorous about it.