PDA

View Full Version : I'm so glad that there's no painic

gospursgojas
05-22-2008, 07:49 AM
Spurs fans know whats up :hat

The Spurs let one slip away, but I don't think their spirits were broken.

If they get just a little something from Udoka, Fin, Barry they win the game.
If Pop didn't put Vaughn in for no reason at all but to pressure the ball :rolleyes, they win the game.
If Manu didn't have an off game, they win the game.

All simple fixes.

Spurs in 6

SenorSpur
05-22-2008, 07:56 AM

If Pop didn't put Vaughn in for no reason at all but to pressure the ball :rolleyes, they win the game.

All simple fixes.

Spurs in 6

No way is their spirit broken. As bad as this loss is, if it solidifies their concentration for 48 minutes, OK. They WILL win Game 2.

TD=old&busted
05-22-2008, 07:56 AM
there's no way the Spurs win 4 of the next 6 against a better Laker team. The sweep will be over soon :spin

Hook Dem
05-22-2008, 08:04 AM
there's no way the Spurs win 4 of the next 6 against a better Laker team. The sweep will be over soon :spin

We've heard this crap before! Ask the Hornets if the fishing is any good!

Lakers999
05-22-2008, 08:08 AM
We've heard this crap before! Ask the Hornets if the fishing is any good!

the lakers are not the hornets

SpurAddict561
05-22-2008, 08:14 AM
They're not far from them......wake up clown.

urunobili
05-22-2008, 08:31 AM
i want this to be the first series Jackson loses when starting it 1-0... his record is an impressive 40-0 when he wins the first game

m33p0
05-22-2008, 08:45 AM
panic? no. disappointment? hell, yeah.

alot of if only's in this game. if only fin made even just 1 3 pointer. if only manu played like he was even just half a manu, if only tim took the game into his own hands down the stretch instead of being tentative, if only ime learned to pass with 2 hands instead of 1... the list goes on.

Slydragon
05-22-2008, 08:48 AM
We got next game, also watch what you say because Mouse takes screen caps for later.

nkdlunch
05-22-2008, 08:50 AM
there is no panic but I think Spur fans should know that Pop is going against Phil. This is going to be a chessmatch. And Phil is as good or better at it than Pop.

Pop is banking on his stars. Phil is banking on his bench. plain and simple. at least to start with.

TampaDude
05-22-2008, 08:51 AM
No panic yet...this was a road game...had the Spurs dropped one like this in SA, then they'd be in deep shit. Win Game 2 and it's back to SA with the split. Spurs WILL win both games in SA, and go back to LA up 3-1. Spurs in 6. Kobe cries. Jackson cries. Stern cries.

slayermin
05-22-2008, 08:51 AM
The Lakers used every advantage they had last night to win that game. Phyllis and Kobe timed their run just right.

Spurs looked like George Foreman falling for the "Rope a Dope" against Muhammad Ali. The Spurs punched themselves out and couldn't recover. I don't know how tired they were but they couldn't match the energy of the Lakers mid 3rd Quarter and 4th Quarter.

Ginobili played horribly. Some of his passes he made were beyond comprehension. But I will always believe in Manu. He needs to get himself a good nights rest and forget game one.

I think Ime will play better. Playing in his first Conference Finals vs. the Lakers, no less, you really can't duplicate that environment against NO. Historically, he's played great against the Lakers. I think he will comeback strong.

Spurs had several opportunities to put this game away. They missed some wide open looks.

On to game two. The Spurs have done several things this season they have never done before. And this series will be no different. As much as the NBA wants a Laker/Celtic Finals, these Spurs have the pedigree and the mettle to crash the party.

Damn, Friday can't come soon enough.

:flag:

Dex
05-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Spurs can play much much better, and we still looked like the stronger team for most of the contest. About the only thing going right for the Spurs was Tim and Tony. Once the easy shots stopped falling, it's like all the players mentally reverted back to New Orleans Arena.

Lakers played about as well as they can play during that late run. I guess we'll see if they can bring that same fire to every game.

Long story short, I don't think anyone should be THAT surprised that we didn't win Game 1 in L.A. It would've been nice, but this series still has a long ways to go. If anything, the N.O. series should have taught us that.

MadDog73
05-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Speak for yourself.

I'm depressed as hell.

CosmicCowboy
05-22-2008, 09:23 AM
Did anyone REALLY expect to sweep the Lakers?

Spurs controlled the pace of the game and were in it till the end. Lakers have been averaging...what? 112 points a game?...Shots that normally fall for the Spurs didn't in the second half. It happens. Over all, despite not stealing a win last night I am satisfied that the Spurs still have a very good chance of taking the series.

The two best coaches in the NBA are going head to head and both will make adjustments for game two.

I know I will have my ass glued to the chair Friday night in anticipation of another good game.

ambchang
05-22-2008, 09:24 AM
The Spurs were dead tired at the end and it showed. 5-20 3 pt (a lot of them opened), TOs, late rotations on D.

I am also curious as to why Finley got so much burn, and why Vaughn was in the game when the Spurs were in need of scoring.

Dex
05-22-2008, 09:29 AM

Spurs controlled the pace of the game and were in it till the end. Lakers have been averaging...what? 112 points a game?...Shots that normally fall for the Spurs didn't in the second half. It happens. Over all, despite not stealing a win last night I am satisfied that the Spurs still have a very good chance of taking the series.

The two best coaches in the NBA are going head to head and both will make adjustments for game two.

I know I will have my ass glued to the chair Friday night in anticipation of another good game.

:tu

bonesinaz
05-22-2008, 09:36 AM

Agreed. The Lakers were averaging 110 points per game so far in the playoffs (as per espn/tnt), but only managed to score 89 last night. I kept waiting for Laker run. Well, the Spurs just didn't have enough in the tank after the Monday game and sleeping on the plane to counter the run or fight hard enough to stop it.

I know the Spurs didn't make any excuses about the plane ordeal, but I think it was a big reason why Manu sucked so bad. He was definitely showing signs of fatigue. So now, on to game 2.

spursparker9
05-22-2008, 09:46 AM
we are still the better team!!!

Anti.Hero
05-22-2008, 10:34 AM
The Laker stole a game on their home court! Really fucking impressive!

BiZNicK
05-22-2008, 10:36 AM
No panic yet...this was a road game...had the Spurs dropped one like this in SA, then they'd be in deep shit. Win Game 2 and it's back to SA with the split. Spurs WILL win both games in SA, and go back to LA up 3-1. Spurs in 6. Kobe cries. Jackson cries. Stern cries.

mrspurs
05-22-2008, 10:52 AM
lakers got lucky........they know it......go spurs go

jack sommerset
05-22-2008, 10:53 AM

All simple fixes.

Spurs in 6

U may want to read other threads. There is plenty of panic.Lakers in 5.

slayermin
05-22-2008, 03:03 PM
U may want to read other threads. There is plenty of panic.Lakers in 5.

I think most of the old school and hardcore Spurs fans are pissed and disappointed more than panicked. We gave one away.

Let's look at the facts. The Spurs just completed a comeback down 0-2, won game seven on the road, and slept in a plane two nights before getting to LA at 9am on Tuesday morning. Our team is an older, veteran group that probably is used to a certain routine every day. If this routine is accelerated, I can see it disrupting the comfort level of some of the players.

While the Lakers are sitting at home and rested, the Spurs are trying to figure out a schedule so they can rest and be ready for Wednesday.

The Spurs come out blazing in game one, on Wednesday night, to set the tone and take a huge lead. But like I have seen the Spurs do many times on a back to back during the regular season, they run out of gas. That is what I saw last night.

Give Phyllis credit. He and Kobe made sure the Lakers cruised until they saw the Spurs slow down. Once they smelled blood, the Lakers went into a frenzy. They knew it was coming, it was a matter of when.

But if you think these are your older brother's Spurs, you maybe in for a surprise. Our team is better than these Lakers. This reminds me more of what the Suns did to us in '03 and what the Nuggets did to us in '05 and '07.

Also, I have a feeling the Lakers may gift wrap a game to us in return.

This shit ain't over.