PDA

View Full Version : Is game 2 a MUST win now???

florige
05-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Or can we come back against LA like we did NO's being down 0-2? I thought we would lose this first game big and come back and win game 2. But the way that game ended I don't know...

bdictjames
05-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Let's just relax and see.

Budkin
05-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Unless we want to make it really hard on ourselves we should go and win it.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-22-2008, 09:15 AM
no

THE Black Mamba
05-22-2008, 09:15 AM
YES!

Sincerely,

T.B.M.

1Parker1
05-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Yes, it's a must win. Lakers are a lot more experienced than the Hornets and unlike CP3, their best player Kobe has significant experience and has proven to come through in the clutch, whether on the road or at home.

It's going to be hard to come back and win 4 of 5 against a Lakers team coached by Phil Jackson.

And more so than anything, Spurs need to show that the Game 1 choke job did not effect them mentally and come out strong in Game 2. Ur not going to have many games where Odom, Gasol, and Fisher miss so many point blank layups and shots. :pctoss

MadDog73
05-22-2008, 09:21 AM
The only true must win game is an elimination game...

That said, it will NOT look good on Sunday if we're down 0-2 and the Lakers are high on momentum and confidence.

Sadly, I think last night was our best chance to steal one.

Of all the years not to have homecourt....

LakerFanSince84
05-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Yes, it's a must win. Lakers are a lot more experienced than the Hornets and unlike CP3, their best player Kobe has significant experience and has proven to come through in the clutch, whether on the road or at home.

It's going to be hard to come back and win 4 of 5 against a Lakers team coached by Phil Jackson.

And more so than anything, Spurs need to show that the Game 1 choke job did not effect them mentally and come out strong in Game 2. Ur not going to have many games where Odom, Gasol, and Fisher miss so many point blank layups and shots. :pctoss

What a reasonable, well thought out, rational post that was.

florige
05-22-2008, 09:25 AM

Parker1 hopefully once we win the title this year you will finally be able to get a good nights sleep. You are always ultra pissed after we lose...:lol
But for last nights game I can't say that I blame you...:bang

florige
05-22-2008, 09:27 AM
The only true must win game is an elimination game...

That said, it will NOT look good on Sunday if we're down 0-2 and the Lakers are high on momentum and confidence.

Sadly, I think last night was our best chance to steal one.

Of all the years not to have homecourt....

I have said all along, if we win this year we will have REALLY earned this one. Ironically enough it would FINALLY be a repeat.

1Parker1
05-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Parker1 hopefully once we win the title this year you will finally be able to get a good nights sleep. You are always ultra pissed after we lose...:lol
But for last nights game I can't say that I blame you...:bang

:lol I'm always extra mad after the Spurs losses these playoffs because of the WAY THEY'VE BEEN LOSING. I mean, if it were close games they were losing where a lucky shot here or there went in I wouldn't mind.

But all the losses they had these season are directly related to effort, heart, and crunch time execution, 3 things Spurs are normally famous for. You saw what the Spurs did in Game 7 against the Hornets, where was that type of effort in the 3rd quarter of games 1, 2, and 5?

Yesterday, blowing a 20 POINT LEAD, with Odom/Fisher/Gasol missing wide open layups, not passing the ball, settling for jumpshots would get any team fired up! :pctoss

:lol I will calm down hopefully after Game 2. All I ask as a fan is for the Spurs to stop choking so often in winnable games. Now I know how Mav fans feel :lol

nkdlunch
05-22-2008, 09:33 AM
is this a joke??

of course its not a MUST WIN.

florige
05-22-2008, 09:39 AM
:lol I'm always extra mad after the Spurs losses these playoffs because of the WAY THEY'VE BEEN LOSING. I mean, if it were close games they were losing where a lucky shot here or there went in I wouldn't mind.

But all the losses they had these season are directly related to effort, heart, and crunch time execution, 3 things Spurs are normally famous for. You saw what the Spurs did in Game 7 against the Hornets, where was that type of effort in the 3rd quarter of games 1, 2, and 5?

Yesterday, blowing a 20 POINT LEAD, with Odom/Fisher/Gasol missing wide open layups, not passing the ball, settling for jumpshots would get any team fired up! :pctoss

:lol I will calm down hopefully after Game 2. All I ask as a fan is for the Spurs to stop choking so often in winnable games. Now I know how Mav fans feel :lol

Yeah it's amazing that we can play so retarded one game, or qtr for that matter, then all of the sudden come back and play damn near perfect basketball.

remingtonbo2001
05-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Nope. Next Question.

BlackSwordsMan
05-22-2008, 10:25 AM
every game is a must win

BiZNicK
05-22-2008, 10:25 AM
It's a must-win for the sake of this forum...to shut up the Laker trolls for a bit.

I'm more confident in a game 2 in LA than I was in NO though. Spurs defy odds.

SpurYank
05-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Of course not! Damn, there are so many fair-weather Spurs fans it's hard to believe.

O-Factor
05-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Not a must win, but why make it harder on ourselves.

I really think we'll win on Friday. Not worried at all.

THE Black Mamba
05-22-2008, 10:35 AM
I really think we'll win on Friday. Not worried at all.

:lmao:rollin:rollin:blah:rolleyes

sa_butta
05-22-2008, 10:38 AM
every game is a must win
:tu

mrspurs
05-22-2008, 10:41 AM
nah nah nah...........go spurs go

LakerMagic
05-22-2008, 10:46 AM
I think its a must for the Spurs. I think they know it too.