PDA

View Full Version : Why The Spurs Will Not Win This Series

Ghost Writer
05-22-2008, 09:13 AM
I was trying to be positive going in to the series, but let's face it... the League and the network wants Lakers vs. Celtics.

If you do not believe this, I point to the final 3 minutes of the 4th quarter last night.

I am not one to make excuses or blame the refs, but that was probably the worst span of officiating that I have seen in my 31 years on Pop's green Earth.

I'm not saying that our Spurs will not try to win, but in order to be successful, they will have to overcome the Lakers and the officials.

Slydragon
05-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Thats a crazy post count. 291.55 posts per day :wow

T Park
05-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Refs had zero to do with it last night.

THE Black Mamba
05-22-2008, 09:18 AM
LOL........it has NOTHING to do with the NBA and it's ref's and EVERYTHING to do with THE BLACK MAMBA!

Los Spurs
05-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Favoritism+NBA=Stern :rolleyes

urunobili
05-22-2008, 09:21 AM

scripts?

urunobili
05-22-2008, 09:21 AM

:stfu

you were driving not watching the game

MoSpur
05-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Worst thread ever. I hate when people blame the refs. The Spurs missed a million shots in the fourth quarter. I don't think the refs had anything to do with that. There were a few blown calls in the fourth, but the Spurs shot themselves in the foot last night.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-22-2008, 09:23 AM
Only bad call was that out of bounds play where Gasol knocked it out of Duncan's hand after a good Duncan rebound and they called it out on Duncan. While it came at a very crucial moment, the game overall was officiated great, we went to the line more than they did iirc, and if we hit one or two shots during the lakers run, we win that game regardless.

KEDA
05-22-2008, 09:23 AM

What game were you watching?

polandprzem
05-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Good, now we gonna win 4 straight!

Ghost Writer
05-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Worst thread ever. I hate when people blame the refs. The Spurs missed a million shots in the fourth quarter. I don't think the refs had anything to do with that. There were a few blown calls in the fourth, but the Spurs shot themselves in the foot last night.

Read the initial post.

Yes, the Spurs should've never put themselves in a position for the referees (Stern) to dictate the outcome, but I watched Ginobili get hacked on two shot attempts and thrown to the floor on a critical loose ball.

Kobe shoved Bowen four feet way from him before his big basket in the lane.

And the Gasol play was purely ludicrous.

MoSpur
05-22-2008, 09:50 AM
I agree that there were bad calls, but that happens in every game. The fact that the Spurs gave up a 20pt lead when they shouldn't have has more to do with the loss than the refs.

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
05-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Enough with the 'Conspiracy Theories,' already. If the fix was in, we'd either have a Shaq-Kobe WC Finals, or a Chris Paul-Kobe WC Finals.

It's not about what the league "wants." It's about execution down the stretch. They did it, we didn't . Let's suck it up and move on, shall we?

Death In June
05-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Are these the same people giving up after one game that gave up after the spurs were down 0-2? Havent you learned anything...

SequSpur
There were at least 8 non calls on the Lakers in the last 8 minutes of the fucking game. And then on the other side, the Spurs were called for bs touch fouls. The refs had alot to do with it...

On one particular play Kobe had already made his two step move and then stopped and took another two steps in the paint.

Tim Duncan was clearly hacked across the elbows in the paint on one possession.

Tony Parker was repeatedly pushed at the top of the key without one fucking call, but yet, Derrick Fischer gets sent to the line for much less.

This shit is almost unwatchable...

Some of you obviously don't know shit about basketball nor have ever played the game. There are alot of things that you can get away with to give yourself the advantage and it's up to the officials to open their fucking eyes and see it.

THE Black Mamba
Yeah, that's why the refs swallowed their whistles when Ginobili knocked Gasol off the ball and out of bounds late in the 4th. DUMB!

1Parker1
05-22-2008, 09:58 AM
With a 20 point lead, the refs shouldn't have even been in a position to decide the game.

The League didn't force Pop to sit Bowen in the 3rd quarter when Kobe got going. The League didn't force the Spurs to go away from their game plan and play one on one basketball. The League didn't make the rims any smaller after halftime when the Spurs couldn't make a shot. And the League definitely didn't call for Smallball and putting Finley on Odom.

urunobili
05-22-2008, 09:58 AM
With a 20 point lead, the refs shouldn't have even been in a position to decide the game.

The League didn't force Pop to sit Bowen in the 3rd quarter when Kobe got going. The League didn't force the Spurs to go away from their game plan and play one on one basketball. The League didn't make the rims any smaller after halftime when the Spurs couldn't make a shot. And the League definitely didn't call for Smallball and putting Finley on Odom.

:depressed

SPARKY
05-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Of all on this forum I would have thought that Ghost would be the last to trot this out.

Last Monday night is the best indicator that the league office and its broadcast partners don't always get what they may want.

Sack it up. The Spurs were on a quick turnaround after a draining game 7 road win. They know what needs to be done in this series. It most certainly won't take them 7 games to figure it out.

SpurYank
05-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Put me on the side of "The refs had nothing to do with our first game loss." I will say this though: We are going to win this series. We had a bad stretch there in the fourth quarter. It's been happening to us all year. Happened to us in the games at N.O. But we have a great team and great coaching.

Deep down, Phil, the Lakers, and Laker fans who saw the game last night know damn well they are going to get their butts kicked. They are worried as hell. No way will we do again what we did last night in the fourth quarter.

aka_USAPA
05-22-2008, 10:07 AM
I was trying to be positive going in to the series, but let's face it... the League and the network wants Lakers vs. Celtics.

If you do not believe this, I point to the final 3 minutes of the 4th quarter last night.

I am not one to make excuses or blame the refs, but that was probably the worst span of officiating that I have seen in my 31 years on Pop's green Earth.

I'm not saying that our Spurs will not try to win, but in order to be successful, they will have to overcome the Lakers and the officials.

Yeah, the league gave the Spurs a 20-point lead and took it away. :rollin:rollin:rollin

aka_USAPA
05-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Deep down, Phil, the Lakers, and Laker fans who saw the game last night know damn well they are going to get their butts kicked. They are worried as hell. No way will we do again what we did last night in the fourth quarter.

Odom didn't have a good game. Fisher was 1/9. Kobe only had 2 points at halftime. The Spurs had a 20-point lead. The Lakers didn't play well. And they still won? Sure, Jackson and the Lakers are scared. LMAO!!!!!

The Hornets would have lost by 25 last night.

MoSpur
05-22-2008, 10:16 AM

+ 1

Pop's lineup for most of the 3rd was the worst.

E20
05-22-2008, 10:17 AM
I didn't even read the post, just the title, but my response:

GTFO or STFU

mrspurs
05-22-2008, 10:25 AM
well i cant totally disagree with this thread....id say tho....the refs made many horrible calls...anytime gasol shot a whistle was blown...most of the times duncan shot they let it go....but it was kobe who killed the spurs......and most of all.....the rotation pop inserted to rest his boys for game 2....when barry is installed with or without a lead in a game early...guess what pop is thinking...........go spurs go

Ghost Writer
05-22-2008, 10:30 AM
All that I am saying is that the margin for error is razor thin when you get this deep in the playoffs.

Yes, the Spurs dug their own grave, but the refs put the nails in the coffin.

That was bad.

And you know that I never blame the refs, so for me to post this in defense of our Spurs means that I saw some terribly biased officiating.

MoSpur
05-22-2008, 10:31 AM
The Spurs went to the line 17 times. The Lakers 18 times. There were 21 fouls on the Spurs and 16 on the Lakers.

You people blaming the refs for the loss is absolutely lame!!!! The Spurs gave up a 20 point lead.

BiZNicK
05-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Another pathetic thread created by a "Spurs fan"

The Spurs can and will win this series. I guess being down 0-1 means we should give up.

Ghost Writer
05-22-2008, 10:33 AM
The Spurs went to the line 17 times. The Lakers 18 times. There were 21 fouls on the Spurs and 16 on the Lakers.

You people blaming the refs for the loss is absolutely lame!!!! The Spurs gave up a 20 point lead.

We are saying that the ridiculous no-calls and bad calls contributed to them losing that 20-point lead.

And we already acknowledged that the Spurs should not have put themselves in a spot to have the refs decide the game.

I am really just fuming about the officiating in the final 3 minutes.

Awful.

Dex
05-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Spurs shouldn't have to worry about being 10 points ahead just so they can overcome the officials crappy calls.

I don't think the refs are the only reason we lost, but I also think Ghost Writer hit the nail right on the head. As soon as it became apparent that the Lakers could pull a comeback, it seemed like every bad call started going against the Spurs, just to make sure L.A. would have their chance.

It's hard to stop a run when you all of a sudden find yourself playing 5-on-8, especially when the whole game has been pushy and physical up to that point.

SAGambler
05-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Yeah, that's why the refs swallowed their whistles when Ginobili knocked Gasol off the ball and out of bounds late in the 4th. DUMB!

If you look at that play, it was Gasol that knocked Ginobili off. Should have been a foul on Pau. But instead, they just gave the ball to the Spurs.

rAm
05-22-2008, 10:44 AM
I thought the game was terribly officiated on both sides. Leaning towards Spurs in the first half, and then a ridiculous swing of the pendulum in the 4th quarter.

The Lakers were already making their run, why help them out? hmmmm

lefty
05-22-2008, 10:45 AM

:tu

THE Black Mamba
05-22-2008, 10:47 AM
If you look at that play, it was Gasol that knocked Ginobili off. Should have been a foul on Pau. But instead, they just gave the ball to the Spurs.

I think you must have had dust in your eyes from workin the back forty all day.

SPARKY
05-22-2008, 10:49 AM
We are saying that the ridiculous no-calls and bad calls contributed to them losing that 20-point lead.

And we already acknowledged that the Spurs should not have put themselves in a spot to have the refs decide the game.

I am really just fuming about the officiating in the final 3 minutes.

Awful.

What "bad calls"? The only one that comes to mind is the out of bounds call on TD under the basket. That didn't cost the Spurs the game.

On to game 2.

jack sommerset
05-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Ummm Spews won 3 championships. Strike season does not count.(Get over it). Every year a Spew fans says what the topic strter says.....Again 3 championships(Get over it)

MoSpur
05-22-2008, 10:53 AM
I agree the last few minutes were awful. No doubt, but if the Spurs take care of a 20pt lead, its not an issue and we're here today talking about how good the Spurs are and how bad the Lakers are.

Let's get real. The thread you started is titled, "Why the Spurs Will Not Win This Series" and you go on to blame bad officiating. That's not the reason the Spurs lost last night and there are more games to be played in this series. You're pretty much giving up saying the Spurs are gonna lose the series and pretty much saying because the refs will make bad calls. That's nonsense.

ipeefreely
05-22-2008, 10:53 AM

=====================================

U R A BIG PUSSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who cant take a loss or face reality....(your team is OLD and a has been)

Oh and when you won your championships, were the NETWORKS FIXED then? What a myopic arsehole you are...
Kobe stuffed his cokk down the spurs throat last night.......I guess you didnt like the tast of it huh? LOL

IE: you got bitched slapped by the MVP..

Oh and furthermore, this team with Bynum back next season....Yep I guess you are right, the league has the fix in for them for back to back championships.....

What a tool, shut up and go to school, you baby....

Sexy Stud 28
05-22-2008, 10:55 AM
cant make excuses for them spurs fucked up they could buy a damn shot tha refs messed up on a few calls but not nothin 2 make them loose tha game tha lakers got bad calls 2 tha refs r human they make mistakes SPURS LOST THA GAME

SPARKY
05-22-2008, 10:57 AM
=====================================

U R A BIG PUSSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who cant take a loss or face reality....(your team is OLD and a has been)

Oh and when you won your championships, were the NETWORKS FIXED then? What a myopic arsehole you are...
Kobe stuffed his cokk down the spurs throat last night.......I guess you didnt like the tast of it huh? LOL

IE: you got bitched slapped by the MVP..

Oh and furthermore, this team with Bynum back next season....Yep I guess you are right, the league has the fix in for them for back to back championships.....

What a tool, shut up and go to school, you baby....

America is fucked.

som3on3_10
05-22-2008, 11:07 AM

How about the play where Ginobili CLEARLY shoved Gasol into Duncan on the rebound and the foul was called on Gasol. Oh wait, you only see the missed calls against the Spurs not the ones that favor them right? :bang You guys had a 20 POINT LEAD for crying out loud...so stop bitchin about officiating. For fans of the defending champs, you guys are starting to sound like Sacramento/Utah fans.

zepn
05-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Some of you people need to get off your damn moralistic High-Horses.

The size of the Spurs lead at some point during the game is absolutely irrelevant to how well or badly the game was officiated. They are two distinct events.

We are not the players, we are fans.

We are under no obligation to "overcome the ref's and play harder". That is up to the team and nothing we do or say here is going to affect that.

We are under no obligation to "know that call would/would not be made at that point in the game/on that player, etc" and change our game accordingly.

Bad calls are bad calls, period. If you don't want to call them out, fine. But don't pretend you are somehow more of a sportsperson/more logical/moral/etc. because you prefer to ignore it or pretend you are "above" it.

Some bad calls are simply mistakes by the ref's, and yes, those will even out. That is not what I am talking about (although, it "don't confront me none" if others do). When some calls get made at one end of the floor and ignored at the other end, then I have a problem with it. Pop doesn't care much for it either.

Sure we shouldn't have blown a big lead, sure we should have played harder, sure Pop should have put xxxx in the game, blah, blah, blah. Fine. All those may be true. Maybe a couple of calls wouldn't have made a difference if blah, blah, blah... Maybe, but there are many elements that go into winning or losing a game and the officiating is one of them.

Unless you have a specific refutation to someone calling out a bad ref/bad call just STFU with your disingenuous moralistic "sportsmanship". You won't get a gold star for being the Jerry Falwell of Spurstalk "moral" values anyway, and no one here is going to love you for it.

Ghost Writer
05-22-2008, 11:19 AM
What "bad calls"? The only one that comes to mind is the out of bounds call on TD under the basket. That didn't cost the Spurs the game.

On to game 2.

Read the thread and don't make us repeat ourselves.

Jimcs50
05-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Lakers were home team, they got some calls. That is not earth shattering news. When SA gets back home, they will get some calls. These tend to even out in a series.

The reason why SA lost was pure and simple:

1. They lost their legs, even though Pop used a lot of his bench in 1st half, the Spurs had zero left in the tank in the 4th Q.

2. TD passed up some opportunities to go to the basket or shoot open shots and decidede to pass the ball to "open" shooters who had no legs and could not hit the rim, much less make a shot.

3. Udoka should not have been the one shooting the 3s, Barry should have stayed in the game in the 4th to spread the defense and when open taken the shots.

Ghost Writer
05-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Let's get real. The thread you started is titled, "Why the Spurs Will Not Win This Series" and you go on to blame bad officiating. That's not the reason the Spurs lost last night and there are more games to be played in this series. You're pretty much giving up saying the Spurs are gonna lose the series and pretty much saying because the refs will make bad calls. That's nonsense.
Um, that's pretty much my point.

The Spurs will need to play better than "just enough to win" in order to overcome the Laker bias.

For you to think that it's not in the League's best interest for the Lakers to advance is quite naive.

The refs and the League stand to make more money by helping the Lakers and Celtics along.

rascal
05-22-2008, 11:27 AM
So what are you claiming? That Stern had talks with the officials before the game and told them to lean their calls for the lakers? Or the officials decided on their own to favor the lakers? And what would they be gaining to do that?

If not any of those things then how could they be calling the game in the lakers favor?

Lake_show
05-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Are Spurs fans crying?

There was 1 bad call the entire game!

Jimcs50
05-22-2008, 11:29 AM
So what are you claiming? That Stern had talks with the officials before the game and told them to lean their calls for the lakers? Or the officials decided on their own to favor the lakers? And what would they be gaining to do that?

If not any of those things then how could they be calling the game in the lakers favor?

This thread is ludicrous and does not even deserve a discussion.

rascal
05-22-2008, 11:30 AM
The refs make more money if the Lakers advance?

Jimcs50
05-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Are Spurs fans crying?

There was 1 bad call the entire game!

There were 3 bad calls.

Jimcs50
05-22-2008, 11:31 AM
The refs make more money if the Lakers advance?

trickle down...if LA plays Boston, the ratings go up, the advertising revenue increases next year, the contracts for everyone gets fatter.

Lake_show
05-22-2008, 11:32 AM
It's the officials fault that the Spurs lost a 20 point lead, It's the officials fault Manu missed a opportunity 3 that could of won the game.

Spurs fans are pathetic.

Zero Point Four
05-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Um, that's pretty much my point.

The Spurs will need to play better than "just enough to win" in order to overcome the Laker bias.

For you to think that it's not in the League's best interest for the Lakers to advance is quite naive.

The refs and the League stand to make more money by helping the Lakers and Celtics along.

You say the refs are biased in favor of the Lakers.
We say you're full of shit.
You repeat your point.
Consider our point repeated, too.

You know, you guys pretend to claim the word "dynasty," which, of course, is rightfully ours.

If you're going to claim it, start acting like it.

sa_butta
05-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Last time I checked, this is a 7 game series. And if we can just figure out how to close a game out, we can win this. Officiating had little to no affect on the fact that the Spurs lost the lead and their intensity. Lakers did what they were suppose to do which is to win on their home floor. Lakers are not going to get flustered when they are down, they will crawl back in it if you let em. This was Spurs game for the taking and they did not get it done. We held them under 100 and played great defense. The Lakers just played better D when it mattered most (4th quarter).

zepn
05-22-2008, 11:43 AM
It's the officials fault that the Spurs lost a 20 point lead, It's the officials fault Manu missed a opportunity 3 that could of won the game.

Those are independent (awful) events. They have nothing to do with the officiating in the last three minutes of the game, which was it's very own awful event.

MoSpur
05-22-2008, 11:47 AM
I never said that the league and TV stations would rather have the Spurs advance than the Lakers. I know the league, TNT, & ESPN, will make more money if L.A advances. No doubt. However, its pretty dumb to think the refs cost the Spurs the game when the Spurs had opportunity after opportunity to make a basket to stop the Lakers from climbing back into the game.

2Cleva
05-22-2008, 11:49 AM
N7p4mioawIA

sa_butta
05-22-2008, 11:57 AM
N7p4mioawIA
X3iNMBe7iwI

rascal
05-22-2008, 12:06 PM
N7p4mioawIA

Are you just trying to up your post count?

Slydragon
05-22-2008, 12:07 PM

Yes I just quoted myself, Why are you people even arguing with him, unless you average 291.56 posts per day you are not gonna win in this thread. :lol

CavsSuperFan
05-22-2008, 12:11 PM
I have to wonder if the Spurs have the Balla's to compete in the NBA Finals….That team of Stephen Jackson, Malik Rose, Speedy Claxton and Kevin Willis was great…But those guys are gone now...

crc21209
05-22-2008, 12:52 PM
I fucking find it hilarious that you idiot Laker fans say but but but....Odom had a bad game and Fisher and blah blah....whatever....don't you think the Spurs D had something to do with that? Yea thats right...and Manu will not play like this again, and Dont say the "Fag Machine" had anything to do with it, hes not Bruce Bowen, Manu's fucked up Raja Bell so Vujacic aint shit...I'm sticking with my prediction...Spurs in 6...Never did I once think the Spurs would be up 20 last night at any point coming off a Game 7 Monday and having to sleep on a plane also with no rest...

2Cleva
05-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Are you just trying to up your post count?

I've been on these boards for years. No need or desire to pad stats.

Zero Point Four
05-22-2008, 12:59 PM
I fucking find it hilarious that you idiot Laker fans say but but but....Odom had a bad game and Fisher and blah blah....whatever....don't you think the Spurs D had something to do with that? Yea thats right...and Manu will not play like this again, and Dont say the "Fag Machine" had anything to do with it, hes not Bruce Bowen, Manu's fucked up Raja Bell so Vujacic aint shit...I'm sticking with my prediction...Spurs in 6...Never did I once think the Spurs would be up 20 last night at any point coming off a Game 7 Monday and having to sleep on a plane also with no rest...

Yeah, you're right.

The tremendous Spurs 'D' forced Odom to blow all those layups. And Fisher to blow those wide-open threes.

But if Kobe decides that Manu is going to play like that again, then Manu is going to play like that again.

I'm sticking with my prediction: Spurs out in 6.

SpursDynasty
05-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Nah, if the league REALLY liked the Lakers that much they would have won the championship in at least one of 2004, 2005, 2006, or 2007.

som3on3_10
05-22-2008, 01:02 PM

So let me get this straight, Odom and Fisher had a bad game and that was because of the Spurs defense, but yet Manu with his big ass bald spot on top of his head had a terrible game and our defense had NOTHING to do with it right? Nice logic there buddy. :lmao And Sasha is no Bruce Bowen? You mean the Bruce Bowen that gave up 27 points to Kobe last night mostly in one half? Damn with your logic, Gasol was a beast defensively last night then. :lmao:lmao

Sasha
05-22-2008, 01:04 PM
:rolleyes

Here we go again.:rolleyes

IcemanCometh
05-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Keep the faith ghost, imagine if we had traded parker for payton. We'd be in the lead!

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2008, 01:11 PM
So let me get this straight, Odom and Fisher had a bad game and that was because of the Spurs defense, but yet Manu with his big ass bald spot on top of his head had a terrible game and our defense had NOTHING to do with it right? Nice logic there buddy. :lmao And Sasha is no Bruce Bowen? You mean the Bruce Bowen that gave up 27 points to Kobe last night mostly in one half? Damn with your logic, Gasol was a beast defensively last night then. :lmao:lmao

Manu had a wide open three to end the game, awesome D right there. that stretch to close out the third Bruce wasn't in the game. That's why there's a huge ass thread bitching about how pop kept him out of the game.

m33p0
05-22-2008, 01:22 PM
so you mean missing a bunch of key shots weren't the reason for the loss then? i feel better already.

Ghost Writer
05-22-2008, 01:22 PM

Stern does not have to say a d@mn thing for the referees to know what is best for the League -- a Lakers/Celtics Finals.

Have you been keeping up with the referee gambling scandal?

Zero Point Four
05-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Stern does not have to say a d@mn thing for the referees to know what is best for the League -- a Lakers/Celtics Finals.

Have you been keeping up with the referee gambling scandal?

Yep, we have.

A referee cheated for the Lakers because David Stern told him to. Is that what you are saying?

No?

The networks?

No?

Certainly the Lakers, then?

No?

Oh, it turns out it had nothing to do with the Lakers.
Or David Stern.
Or, hell, even the networks.

The busted referee did it for, hmmm, oh yeah. Money.

In fact, the busted referee would have liked nothing better than to have something to hold over the league when he got busted, don't you think?

Don't you think that if he knew of some insider manipulation that cheated the game of its inherent fairness that he'd have arm-twisted the league into letting him off the gambling accusation?

Or does that burst your comfort-zone of pretending that the Spurs lost because of any reason other than THEY LOST?

som3on3_10
05-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Manu had a wide open three to end the game, awesome D right there. that stretch to close out the third Bruce wasn't in the game. That's why there's a huge ass thread bitching about how pop kept him out of the game.

You call that a wide open three? Watch the highlights again man: http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3407699&categoryId=2459788

Yea Bruce wasn't in the game to close out the third, but he was in the game when Kobe nailed that mid range shot in the paint to put us ahead for good. Maybe if Bruce didn't flop so bad there, he might have been able to contest Kobe's shot.

tlongII
05-22-2008, 01:54 PM
When I think about I realize that the Spurs collapse was worse than the Blazers in game 7 of the 2000 WCF. In that game the we witnessed the following:

Lakers - 37 FTA
Blazers - 16 FTA

Say-Townbball
05-22-2008, 02:01 PM

Scratch that--only a bootleg fan believes that pile of crap.

The Spurs have to overcome themselves in order to be successful. We pretty much handed the 20 point lead to the Lakers due to our multiple mistakes on the court and with the coaching staff.

peskypesky
05-22-2008, 02:09 PM

so you won't be watching any more of the games or posting here anymore. thank god. now fuck right off and go crawl in yer hole.
:flag::flag::flag:

temujin
05-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah, you're right.

The tremendous Spurs 'D' forced Odom to blow all those layups. And Fisher to blow those wide-open threes.

But if Kobe decides that Manu is going to play like that again, then Manu is going to play like that again.

I'm sticking with my prediction: Spurs out in 6.

Not your prediction.

Stern's "prediction".

Celtics-Fakers.

Booked since the Gasolio trade.

Ghost Writer
05-22-2008, 02:17 PM
I never said that the league and TV stations would rather have the Spurs advance than the Lakers. I know the league, TNT, & ESPN, will make more money if L.A advances. No doubt. However, its pretty dumb to think the refs cost the Spurs the game when the Spurs had opportunity after opportunity to make a basket to stop the Lakers from climbing back into the game.

What's "dumb" is thinking that when the game got close, the refs did not ensure the Lakers would prevail.

som3on3_10
05-22-2008, 02:29 PM
What's "dumb" is thinking that when the game got close, the refs did not ensure the Lakers would prevail.

No, what's "dumb" is blaming the refs after you were up 20 points with a quarter and a half to go. If the Spurs make some shots in the 4th, the refs are irrelevant. Oh wait, the refs somehow made the Spurs miss those shots too right? :bang:bang:lmao:lmao You are starting to sound like a Sacramento/Utah fan with all of your crying and bitchin.

LakerLanny
05-22-2008, 02:35 PM
There were at least 8 non calls on the Lakers in the last 8 minutes of the fucking game. And then on the other side, the Spurs were called for bs touch fouls. The refs had alot to do with it...

On one particular play Kobe had already made his two step move and then stopped and took another two steps in the paint.

Tim Duncan was clearly hacked across the elbows in the paint on one possession.

Tony Parker was repeatedly pushed at the top of the key without one fucking call, but yet, Derrick Fischer gets sent to the line for much less.

This shit is almost unwatchable...

Some of you obviously don't know shit about basketball nor have ever played the game. There are alot of things that you can get away with to give yourself the advantage and it's up to the officials to open their fucking eyes and see it.

BS

Jim Clark did not make one call in favor of the Lakers the entire game, he might have to get added to the Circle of 7 list.

There were numerous bad calls against the Lakers, LO was hacked repeatedly driving to the basket without a call, when Gasol missed that dunk and chased the ball to the sideline late in the game, it was CLEARLY off the *purs yet the refs gave you guys the ball.

Parker seemingly falls to the floor on little or no contact and gets EVERY FUCKING CALL

Enough about the refs already, they weren't calling shit which completely plays into the hands of a slower, hacking team like the *purs. Lakers should have shot 20 more FTs than they did, minimum.

Zero Point Four
05-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Hey, Lanny.

Logic doesn't work on him.

Even other spurs fans are beating him with the stupid stick, and he persists.

Apparently, his conspiracy theory is the only thing that keeps him going. Because it is obvious that reality doesn't.

Say-Townbball
05-22-2008, 02:48 PM

I don't understand why you're even watchin any games if you think it's all rigged.

there's mad shit on tv, yo.

nfg3
05-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Ummm Spews won 3 championships. Strike season does not count.(Get over it). Every year a Spew fans says what the topic strter says.....Again 3 championships(Get over it)

Periodically someone always comes on board with the SOS (Same Old Shit) " Strike season LB trophy doesn't count...blah...blah...blah. Any season regardless of a strike or not is a valid season if the league sanctions the regular season, the playoffs and the subsequent championship. This is not open to debate. If the league says it is so then that is final. No owner, GM, coach (The Zen master) , players, media or fans can dispute it. PERIOD. It's in the books and recoreded for history. Poeple who dispute this are the ones who need to get over it. their logic, arguments or what not are totally irrelevant.

In other words :flipoff :jack :stfu and not neccessarily in that order.

som3on3_10
05-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Periodically someone always comes on board with the SOS (Same Old Shit) " Strike season LB trophy doesn't count...blah...blah...blah. Any season regardless of a strike or not is a valid season if the league sanctions the regular season, the playoffs and the subsequent championship. This is not open to debate. If the league says it is so then that is final. No owner, GM, coach (The Zen master) , players, media or fans can dispute it. PERIOD. It's in the books and recoreded for history. Poeple who dispute this are the ones who need to get over it. their logic, arguments or what not are totally irrelevant.

With that being said, Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens will go down as the greatest hitter and pitcher that EVER lived...:lol:lol:lol

LakerLanny
05-22-2008, 02:59 PM

No one says it doesn't count, just that it should have an asterisk on it for the unbalanced and shortened schedule and ridiculous missing months in the season.

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Ginobili had a chance to win it at the end.. lol...
If he hit that shot it would have been legendary.
It would have killed the Lakers before they even got started. I'm glad his choking didn't come to a halt with that shot.

nfg3
05-22-2008, 03:21 PM
No one says it doesn't count, just that it should have an asterisk on it for the unbalanced and shortened schedule and ridiculous missing months in the season.

I disagree - he stated that it didn't count and for Spurs fans to get over it. This is nothing new around here. Like I stated periodically this comes up and it is tiring to continually read total BS. I wish it would just die and go away since I believe it to be totally irrelevant. But it won't and never will IMO.

If you wanted to agrue that it should have had an asterisk then that is another subject. If you want it to have an asterisk then I really don't have a problem with that. All the asterisk would mean is that the season was shortened due to labor issues. I don't think it deminishes the title in any way but I'm sure others would disagree with that. To each his own.

By the way how does the NFL view their Super Bowl champions from strike shortened seasons? '82 comes to mind and wasn't '87 a strike shortened season, too? Both SBs won by the Redskins.

slayermin
05-22-2008, 03:35 PM
The Spurs fans who have given up should be ashamed of yourselves.

What else does this team have to do to prove they are different from past years?

Win this series? Give them some time.

Championships aren't supposed to be easy. If Stern does steal this series, it will be so blatant, no one will be able to refute it.

Tyler_Durden
05-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Ghost Writer only shows up for trade talks and the Spurs being down in a playoff series.

Ghost Writer
05-22-2008, 05:31 PM
so you won't be watching any more of the games or posting here anymore. thank god. now fuck right off and go crawl in yer hole.
:flag::flag::flag:

Wow. Pure class.

I am surprised that many of you are naive enough to think that it would not be in the League's best interests for the Lakers to advance.

I got news for you:

Officials manipulate games all the time.

Ghost Writer
05-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Ghost Writer only shows up for trade talks and the Spurs being down in a playoff series.

False.

And if you take the time to read my posts, I am not bashing the Spurs or saying that they are done.

I am simply pointing out that beating the Lakers bias is not going to be easy.

GrandeDavid
05-22-2008, 05:54 PM
The officiating was dogshit.

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 07:19 PM
How about the play where Ginobili CLEARLY shoved Gasol into Duncan on the rebound and the foul was called on Gasol. Oh wait, you only see the missed calls against the Spurs not the ones that favor them right? :bang You guys had a 20 POINT LEAD for crying out loud...so stop bitchin about officiating. For fans of the defending champs, you guys are starting to sound like Sacramento/Utah fans.

Good points.
I wonder if the Spurs haters will let it sink in.

Russ
05-22-2008, 07:34 PM
The thing that bothers me more than any alleged NBA-inspired ref bias is this "Champions Air" connection.

Did I read correctly that from the NBA assigned that "chartered" non-plane to pick up the Spurs and take them to LA?

That's troubling.

Zero Point Four
05-22-2008, 07:43 PM
The thing that bothers me more than any alleged NBA-inspired ref bias is this "Champions Air" connection.

Did I read correctly that from the NBA assigned that "chartered" non-plane to pick up the Spurs and take them to LA?

That's troubling.

You are pathetic.

This is a classy hotel. Room service on the spot. Bathrooms close by. Stereo headseats that plug into your armrest.

People pay many thousands of dollars for first class airfare - and the Spurs didn't even have to bother with engine noise.

Sheesh.

Since they didn't go anywhere, I guess you should be complaining about the lack of frequent flyer miles.

Probably David Stern screwed 'em out of that mileage.

Bastard.

http://www.cruisinaltitude.com/images/b747/nzb744g1laxl.jpg

cash459
05-22-2008, 08:09 PM

its a loose ball...each player has just as much right to get to an area to try to get the ball...if gasol is bigger than manu & STILL got pushed out of the way...tell him to man-up!

Russ
05-22-2008, 08:14 PM
You are pathetic.

People pay many thousands of dollars for first class airfare - and the Spurs didn't even have to bother with engine noise.

I think they would have traded "engine noise" for a plane that worked. (In fact, engine noise is a dead giveaway of a plane that works.)

You are pathetic.

This is a classy hotel. Room service on the spot. Bathrooms close by. Stereo headseats that plug into your armrest.

Sheesh.

Since they didn't go anywhere, I guess you should be complaining about the lack of frequent flyer miles.

Probably David Stern screwed 'em out of that mileage.

Bastard.

http://www.cruisinaltitude.com/images/b747/nzb744g1laxl.jpg

I know I'm pathetic -- but it has nothing to do with the rather simple point I was making. :)

Tyler_Durden
05-22-2008, 08:14 PM
False.

And if you take the time to read my posts, I am not bashing the Spurs or saying that they are done.

I am simply pointing out that beating the Lakers bias is not going to be easy.

Um, excuse me Casper, but your thread title is "Why the Spurs Will NOT win the series."

Sounds pretty fucking final to me. You should have just called the thread "The Spurs are Done" and it would hold the same exact meaning.

You like it when the Spurs are losing because it makes it look like you know what you are talking about.

Kamala
05-22-2008, 09:57 PM

It was also the year the Spurs shut down the Forum by whipping the Lakers.:hat

ballhog
05-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Odom didn't have a good game. Fisher was 1/9. Kobe only had 2 points at halftime. The Spurs had a 20-point lead. The Lakers didn't play well. And they still won? Sure, Jackson and the Lakers are scared. LMAO!!!!!

The Hornets would have lost by 25 last night.

Odom and Fisher suck. Any other points to make?

underdawg
05-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Just hard to agree with a conspiracy when the Spurs have had so much success. I'm sure the NBA masterminds could've seen low ratings coming from a mile away. It's an easy excuse to make yourself feel better that if the Spurs don't win it's because of some outside factor. Truth is that by judging this season alone you have to feel that the Spurs are not the best team in the palyoffs. I don't understand why people are so quick to dismiss the experience of winning as a factor to success. Our players know what it takes to overcome adversity and have proven it before. I'd be very surprised if the Spurs don't win this series. I think they have an advantage of a team concept that many other teams don't have. That said, if they do lose this series it won't be because of a conspiracy. It will be because they weren't playing good enough basketball to win - plain and simple. Don't make excuses - root for your team all the way through and live with the result. I do know the Spurs won't make excuses. By the way, Detroit is doing their best to explode the conspiracy theory.

Zero Point Four
05-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Celtics lose.

At home.

Kinda messes with the whole David Stern conspiracy crapola, doesn't it?

Oh, wait.

Facts don't matter in this discussion, right Ghost?

Ghost Writer
05-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Celtics lose.

At home.

Kinda messes with the whole David Stern conspiracy crapola, doesn't it?

Oh, wait.

Facts don't matter in this discussion, right Ghost?
No one said that LA or BOS would go undefeated to the Finals, ya dope.

rascal
05-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Stern and the nba would like both series to go the max 7 games with the home teams winning.

Ghost Writer
05-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Stern and the nba would like both series to go the max 7 games with the home teams winning.
... which is why the Celtics have survived 2 elimination Game 7s already.

Say-Townbball
05-23-2008, 11:23 AM
... which is why the Celtics have survived 2 elimination Game 7s already.

The Hawks choked and Lebron couldn't carry his team on his own.

The only reason the Celtics are still in the playoffs.

Detroit's got 'em...Celtics won't win a game on the road.

carrecaminos
05-23-2008, 11:27 AM
We will found out pretty soon, there is no need to worry before it happens.

Ghost Writer
05-23-2008, 12:49 PM
The Hawks choked and Lebron couldn't carry his team on his own.

The only reason the Celtics are still in the playoffs.

Detroit's got 'em...Celtics won't win a game on the road.

You are proving my point.

A team is not in jeopardy until it loses a home game.

Got it?

MarceloM!
05-23-2008, 02:06 PM
The league and the network will get Spurs-Detroit instead.

Ghost Writer
05-28-2008, 09:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkr489dDHH4

The defense rests.

There should have been a foul called on the floor.

Don Quixote
05-28-2008, 09:42 AM
They won't win this series. They'll do well to win Thursday.

But they're not beating the Lakers 3X, twice in L.A. The Lakers are too good, strong, fast, strong, athletic, and deep to lose to the Spurs 3X. Not to mention, the Lakers make their open jumpers, can rebound the basketball, have better players at almost every position, and have Kobe. It also helps to have the officials and the League on their side, not that they need it.

So, no, the good guys are not winning this series. Wishful thinking.

Ghost Writer
05-28-2008, 09:49 AM
I have not given up, despite the stacked deck.

sabar
05-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Ha, people are so naive. You know the difference between Spurs/Pistons and Lakers/Celtics? An easy $10+ million in advertising revenue alone.

The NBA is a business. TNT/ESPN/ABC are a business. Business works to create profit.

Rigged or not, I love the Spurs and they can still win whether it's 5v5 or 5v8.

Ghost Writer
05-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Ha, people are so naive. You know the difference between Spurs/Pistons and Lakers/Celtics? An easy $10+ million in advertising revenue alone.

The NBA is a business. TNT/ESPN/ABC are a business. Business works to create profit.

Rigged or not, I love the Spurs and they can still win whether it's 5v5 or 5v8.
The Lakers and Celtics are both one (1) win away from the seemingly inevitable Finals.

Who did not see this coming after Ainge got KG and Allen and Kuptchak stole Gasol?

2Cleva
05-29-2008, 12:49 PM
The Lakers and Celtics are both one (1) win away from the seemingly inevitable Finals.

Who did not see this coming after Ainge got KG and Allen and Kuptchak stole Gasol?

The fact they were the best teams in their conference isn't a coincidence is it?

Once both teams made those moves, they became loaded talent-wise in a league where talent is normally diluted. Boston, because of age, has maybe a 2 year window while LA is set for a long while (assuming Bynum gets healthy).

But that's not a conspiracy - that's chalk holding true to form.

Ghost Writer
05-29-2008, 03:09 PM
The fact they were the best teams in their conference isn't a coincidence is it?

Once both teams made those moves, they became loaded talent-wise in a league where talent is normally diluted. Boston, because of age, has maybe a 2 year window while LA is set for a long while (assuming Bynum gets healthy).

But that's not a conspiracy - that's chalk holding true to form.

You don't think it's a little suspect that they got all those All-Stars for young, unproven parts?

The only good player that was exchanged was Al Jefferson.