PDA

View Full Version : Human Rights for Chimp

xrayzebra
05-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Okay, how far do we go? I really just cant believe a court
would even accept this case. How say you our lawyer friends
on the forum?

Read all about it here:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23486466-details/European+Court+agrees+to+hear+chimp's+plea+for+hum an+rights/article.do

FromWayDowntown
05-22-2008, 12:58 PM
There's a similar case going on in Texas right now involving the Primarily Primates situation that cropped up sometime during 2007. Thus far, the Texas courts have concluded that the attorneys representing the chimps cannot establish legal standing to challenge the practices at the "sanctuary" or to seek transfers of the chimps to different facilities.

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2008, 01:03 PM
If this passes than people will be able to marry chimps.

Extra Stout
05-22-2008, 01:10 PM
If this passes than people will be able to marry chimps.
There's a forum joke in there somewhere.

shelshor
05-22-2008, 01:36 PM
There's a forum joke in there somewhere.

Tho obvious & trite:
A little girl asked her dad, 'How did humans get here on earth?'

The dad answered, 'God made Adam and Eve and they had children and so was all mankind made.'

Two days later the girl asked her mom the same question. The mom answered, 'Many years ago there were monkeys from which the human race evolved.'

The confused girl returned to her dad and said, 'Dad how is it possible that you told me the human race was created by God, and mom said they developed from monkeys?'

The dad answered, 'Well, dear, it is very simple. I told you about my side of the family and your mother told you about her side of the family.'