PDA

View Full Version : Spur's Metnal toughness?

EVAY
05-22-2008, 11:59 AM
The biggest question after last night isn't whether or not the comeback helped the confidence of the Lakers. Of course it did. It isn't even a question of Pop getting outcoached last night while we lost the lead while playing small ball with a useless Finley ( he was). It is whether or not the Spurs ( including Pop) can come back mentally and emotionally, having given so much away.

I believe that is possible. It is not guaranteed, though, and I'm not even sure that it is probable. Phil Jackson is in Pop's head as surely as Pop is in D'Antoni's.

Kobe DID toy with the spurs last night. The Lakers waited until the Spurs were tired and Pop thought that the Lakers would just wait until another night. He should know better against Jackson, but he let it happen anyway. D'Antoni and/or Byron Scott would have given in and thrown in the towel. Jackson never will. Kobe used to get criticized by Jackson for doing exactly what he did last night...wait until a situation gets critical, and then be a hero. Still, none of that would have mattered down the stretch if the Spurs had been able to withstand the defensive clamp down and execute late in the fourth. They couldn't. The blame on this is shared by Pop and Manu.

It is going to be up to the two of them to see if they have what it takes to bring the Spurs back mentally. I hopey the do. I don't know if they will or not.

Emanuel20
05-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Basketball is a team game and you can't blame only one piece of the puzzle. We did not surrender a 20 pt lead b/c Manu sucked and Pop took Bowen off Kobe. I believe that Kobe would have the same impact on the game w/ or w/out Bowen on him at the end of the game since he is the ultimate closer.

We lost the game b/c tony/tim/manu could not hit a shot in the fourth.

honestfool84
05-22-2008, 12:04 PM
hopey?

gaKNOW!blee
05-22-2008, 12:08 PM
If you dont think the Spurs CAN come back do to their mental toughness, you have not watched them enough.

BiZNicK
05-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Of coarse Spurs have no mental toughness.

It was definitely not required to win 3 of the last 5 championships

TampaDude
05-22-2008, 12:36 PM
After the Hornets series, I will never count the Spurs out until they actually lose 4 out of 7...I may bitch to no end about crappy play, bad decisions, and missed opportunities, but I will never think the Spurs are done until they are DONE.

Spurs in 6.

SpurAddict561
05-22-2008, 01:57 PM
I sure we can get find this METNAL toughness

lmao

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2008, 02:00 PM
if you google "metnal" this thread is the 7th option

hater
05-22-2008, 02:01 PM
this metnal thing won't be so tough after Spurs are done with it

Princess Pimp
05-22-2008, 02:01 PM
After the Hornets series, I will never count the Spurs out until they actually lose 4 out of 7...I may bitch to no end about crappy play, bad decisions, and missed opportunities, but I will never think the Spurs are done until they are DONE.

Spurs in 6.

STILL IN denial?

hater
05-22-2008, 02:02 PM
if you google "metnal" this thread is the 7th option

try lmao nash

Emanuel20
05-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Of course, spurs feel disappointed after letting one slip away but they have though leaders (warriors) so they will be fine.

m33p0
05-22-2008, 02:05 PM
your spurs fan membership card is about to expire and will not be renewed.

peskypesky
05-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Spurs are a helluva lot tougher than most of their fans. These "fans" are already packing their fishing gear. I can promise you the Spurs aren't.

Budkin
05-22-2008, 02:10 PM
If you can honestly question the Spurs mental toughness after everything they've been through the last few years then you are not a real Spurs fan.

BlackSwordsMan
05-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Basketball is a team game and you can't blame only one piece of the puzzle. We did not surrender a 20 pt lead b/c Manu sucked and Pop took Bowen off Kobe. I believe that Kobe would have the same impact on the game w/ or w/out Bowen on him at the end of the game since he is the ultimate closer.

We lost the game b/c tony/tim/manu could not hit a shot in the fourth.