PDA

View Full Version : LA Times Plaschke says..."This series is OVER"!!!!!

Spur Spoiler
05-22-2008, 12:37 PM
I agree with Bill on this one.

From the Los Angeles Times
BILL PLASCHKE

Victory feels like series-clincher for Lakers
After L.A. comes back from a 20-point third-quarter deficit, the result certainly figures to resonate on both sides.
Bill Plaschke

May 22, 2008

In the end, when the unimaginable blinked on the scoreboard, when the unthinkable danced on the hardwood, the cheers even drowned out Randy Newman.

All but three words.

"We love it!" the too-cool Staples Center fans giddily chanted with their victory song. "We love it! We love it! We love it!"

Oh, will the Lakers forever love this one.

Man, will the Spurs forever loathe it.

It was just one game, just Game 1, just a beginning.

It felt like seven games, Game 7, an ending.

The Lakers didn't just come back from a 20-point deficit to steal an 89-85 victory over the San Antonio Spurs in the Western Conference finals opener Wednesday.

They turned basketball's smartest crunch-time team into dummies.

They turned basketball's toughest veterans into twitching rookies.

They stole a victory from a team that was doing everything right, and they stole it after doing everything wrong.

In the end, after another Spur had bricked and another Laker had dived and wonderful spring chaos had once again returned to 11th and Figueroa, both locker rooms were quiet.

The Spurs, because they were trying to leave.

"We're supposed to be smarter than this," said Robert Horry, rushing into the hallway.

The Lakers, because they were trying not to laugh.

"I would think a loss like this might take a little bit out of their sails," said Jordan Farmar, dressing slowly.

The last time the Lakers pulled off a playoff comeback this large, they needed Horry to win it with that infamous last-second shot against Sacramento in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals.

You know what happened next.

The last time the Spurs blew this sort of lead and lost this sort of close game under this sort of pressure was, well, almost never.

You can almost guess what will happen next.

The weary champions have a 20-point lead on the court of the young team, and hold that team to under 90 points . . . and still lose?

The aging champions have a chance to throw a huge first punch on the road against a team that played with rust and dust . . . and they miss?

"Obviously we were up 20 and we hoped to put that one away and put them on their heels, but we didn't," said Tim Duncan, shaking his head. "We have to recover."

Recover? How do you recover from something such as this?

The answer is, you probably can't.

The Lakers may have won this series by winning a game in which their best player and league MVP made one basket in three shots -- three -- in the first half.

"Just tried to read the flow of the game," said Kobe Bryant.

Well, um, Kobe, can you maybe read it a little closer next time? Maybe turn on a light and read the part where it says, "Dude, you have to score for the Lakers to win!"

"I can get it off any time, and in the second half, I did that," said Bryant, who indeed scored 14 points in the fourth quarter and gave the Lakers the lead with two free throws and a hanging jump shot.

The Lakers also may have won this series by winning a game in which their point guard Derek Fisher had zero assists and one basket, and their big man Pau Gasol had no offensive rebounds, and Sasha Vujacic was more clutch than any of them.

"There is no script to an NBA basketball game," said Fisher. "You just go out and play as hard as you can."

Lamar Odom put it another way.

"We scrapped," he said. "We just scrapped."

The Lakers scrapped at the Spurs until they missed 18 of 21 shots in the fourth quarter.

Fisher stopped being beaten by Tony Parker. Gasol stopped being dominated by Duncan. Bryant's arms and legs stopped everyone else.

"We just kind of stopped," acknowledged the Spurs' Manu Ginobili. "I don't know if it was our legs or if it was our heads."

The Lakers then scrapped at their own pride until they stopped doing silly things, committing just one turnover in the final quarter while clearing out for Bryant to be the usual hero.

"It was crazy," said Luke Walton. "Especially to do that against the Spurs, that's impressive."

In the final seconds of the game, there was a pile of Lakers on the floor, Odom grabbing Ginobili and Sasha Vujacic grabbing the ball for the clinching free throws.

"Heart," said Vujacic. "I think we have a big heart."

In the final moments of the night, there were piles of untouched food on a table in the Spurs' locker room, pizza and sandwiches abandoned by a team that had lost its stomach.

To a team that had taken a huge step toward finding its soul.

"Winning a championship is not easy, it doesn't come to those who just wait for it, and tonight was an example," said Fisher. "We went out and we won the game."

You ask me, they won a lot more than that.

TampaDude
05-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the locker room material, Bill! :lol

Spurs in 6.

slowchild25
05-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Yea because the Spurs were totally blown out the first two games of the last series and folded up pretty quickly after that :rolleyes

Findog
05-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Goddamn that is some premature ejaculation. Take it from a guy who watched his team take a 2.75-0 lead in the Finals.

Slomo
05-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Thank you. We, Spurs fan, know what over confidence does to your game. So once more Thank you to the LA and National media.

:tu

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 12:40 PM
for those of you who are not in the LA area, or bother to read the LA Times, I should fill you in on something:

Bill Plaschke is a moron. He's one of those guys always looking for an angle rather than finding a solid analysis. He should be writing for OMG! about who Lindsay Lohan is dating.

BiZNicK
05-22-2008, 12:41 PM
I see Bill is still riding that bandwagon. His article fails.

Last time I checked, you need to win 4 games to win a series, not one game at home.

MadDog73
05-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Apparently, some Laker fans have forgotten 2004.

Spurs up 2-0....

Lakers win 4 straight.

Sweet justice for the reverse to happen this year.

brettn
05-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Apparently, some Laker fans have forgotten 2004.

Spurs up 2-0....

Lakers win 4 straight.

Sweet justice for the reverse to happen this year.

How about we just root for the Spurs not letting it get to 0-2, yea?

trjons
05-22-2008, 12:45 PM
That is the ONLY reason I am not confident.

He's also written columns saying L.A. was a "Clipper Town" and a "Bruin Town" recently....

George Gervin's Afro
05-22-2008, 12:46 PM
It is OVER.. Thanks Bill we can now begin to plan our summer.. saves me from watching the rest of the series..:rolleyes

Medvedenko
05-22-2008, 12:47 PM
1 game only....need 3 more the last time I checked.

IronMexican
05-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Bill is a tool, yesterday we are the last team we wanted to face, now it's over? give it a rest, Bill.

MadDog73
05-22-2008, 12:51 PM
How about we just root for the Spurs not letting it get to 0-2, yea?

That works too. :toast

Just making a point...

FromWayDowntown
05-22-2008, 12:52 PM
It sounds like if either team is blowing Game 1 out of proportion, it's more likely the Lakers. The Spurs had a 20-point lead, but only because they put on a 14-2 run to start the 3rd quarter. The Lakers came back with a 13-0 run to cut what had been an 8 point halftime lead to a 7 point Spurs' lead; it reminded me a lot of the Hornets' 2nd quarter run at the Spurs in Game 7 to take a brief lead, only to be met by a counter-run that re-established the Spurs' margin. The ultimate difference in the two runs was 1 point.

The Lakers' run obviously gave them momentum and the Spurs' many woes in the 4th just compounded that in terms of the problems it created for the visitors. But, ultimately, I think the 20 point lead was more of an illusion than a signal -- the Lakers overcame an 8 point halftime deficit to win Game 1 at home. That's not a heartbreaking result; and, above all else, the Spurs don't really do the downward spirals from heartbreaking any more, no matter what Jordan Farmar might think.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-22-2008, 12:53 PM
isn't plaschke the same jackass that wrote we were the last team the lakers wanted?

TampaDude
05-22-2008, 12:55 PM
It sounds like if either team is blowing Game 1 out of proportion, it's more likely the Lakers. The Spurs had a 20-point lead, but only because they put on a 14-2 run to start the 3rd quarter. The Lakers came back with a 13-0 run to cut what had been an 8 point halftime lead to a 7 point Spurs' lead; it reminded me a lot of the Hornets' 2nd quarter run at the Spurs in Game 7 to take a brief lead, only to be met by a counter-run that re-established the Spurs' margin. The ultimate difference in the two runs was 1 point.

The Lakers' run obviously gave them momentum and the Spurs' many woes in the 4th just compounded that in terms of the problems it created for the visitors. But, ultimately, I think the 20 point lead was more of an illusion than a signal -- the Lakers overcame an 8 point halftime deficit to win Game 1 at home. That's not a heartbreaking result; and, above all else, the Spurs don't really do the downward spirals from heartbreaking any more, no matter what Jordan Farmar might think.

Good way to put it all in perspective...thanks! :toast

Spurs in 6.

MadDog73
05-22-2008, 12:55 PM

Thanks for putting that in perspective, FWDT.

Looking forward to game 2!

Lebowski Brickowski
05-22-2008, 12:56 PM
People are making way to big a deal out of last night.

One game.

Rest up, boys, and go hold that 20 point lead next time.

FromWayDowntown
05-22-2008, 01:04 PM
I'd also say that if Game 1 taught the Spurs anything, it's spoke volumes to the importance of Bruce Bowen's defense. While Bowen struggled to contain Kobe late, the Lakers' 13-0 run in the 3rd started upon Bowen's exit from the game. Bowen ended the night +18; Finley ended -21 and Manu ended -19.

KB_MVP
05-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Bill is dumb.

Sasha
05-22-2008, 01:09 PM

BILL PLASCHKE

After L.A. comes back from a 20-point third-quarter deficit, the result certainly figures to resonate on both sides.
Bill Plaschke

May 22, 2008

In the end, when the unimaginable blinked on the scoreboard, when the unthinkable danced on the hardwood, the cheers even drowned out Randy Newman.

All but three words.

"We love it!" the too-cool Staples Center fans giddily chanted with their victory song. "We love it! We love it! We love it!"

The Lakers didn't just come back from a 20-point deficit to steal an 89-85 victory over the San Antonio Spurs in the Western Conference finals opener Wednesday.

They stole a victory from a team that was doing everything right, and they stole it after doing everything wrong.

In the end, after another Spur had bricked and another Laker had dived and wonderful spring chaos had once again returned to 11th and Figueroa, both locker rooms were quiet.

"We're supposed to be smarter than this," said Robert Horry, rushing into the hallway.

"I would think a loss like this might take a little bit out of their sails," said Jordan Farmar, dressing slowly.

The last time the Lakers pulled off a playoff comeback this large, they needed Horry to win it with that infamous last-second shot against Sacramento in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals.

The last time the Spurs blew this sort of lead and lost this sort of close game under this sort of pressure was, well, almost never.

The weary champions have a 20-point lead on the court of the young team, and hold that team to under 90 points . . . and still lose?

The aging champions have a chance to throw a huge first punch on the road against a team that played with rust and dust . . . and they miss?

"Obviously we were up 20 and we hoped to put that one away and put them on their heels, but we didn't," said Tim Duncan, shaking his head. "We have to recover."

The Lakers may have won this series by winning a game in which their best player and league MVP made one basket in three shots -- three -- in the first half.

Well, um, Kobe, can you maybe read it a little closer next time? Maybe turn on a light and read the part where it says, "Dude, you have to score for the Lakers to win!"

"I can get it off any time, and in the second half, I did that," said Bryant, who indeed scored 14 points in the fourth quarter and gave the Lakers the lead with two free throws and a hanging jump shot.

The Lakers also may have won this series by winning a game in which their point guard Derek Fisher had zero assists and one basket, and their big man Pau Gasol had no offensive rebounds, and Sasha Vujacic was more clutch than any of them.

"There is no script to an NBA basketball game," said Fisher. "You just go out and play as hard as you can."

The Lakers scrapped at the Spurs until they missed 18 of 21 shots in the fourth quarter.

Fisher stopped being beaten by Tony Parker. Gasol stopped being dominated by Duncan. Bryant's arms and legs stopped everyone else.

"We just kind of stopped," acknowledged the Spurs' Manu Ginobili. "I don't know if it was our legs or if it was our heads."

The Lakers then scrapped at their own pride until they stopped doing silly things, committing just one turnover in the final quarter while clearing out for Bryant to be the usual hero.

"It was crazy," said Luke Walton. "Especially to do that against the Spurs, that's impressive."

In the final seconds of the game, there was a pile of Lakers on the floor, Odom grabbing Ginobili and Sasha Vujacic grabbing the ball for the clinching free throws.

In the final moments of the night, there were piles of untouched food on a table in the Spurs' locker room, pizza and sandwiches abandoned by a team that had lost its stomach.

"Winning a championship is not easy, it doesn't come to those who just wait for it, and tonight was an example," said Fisher. "We went out and we won the game."

Wow, you agree with this homer crap? Boy, that's a surprise.

G-Nob
05-22-2008, 01:09 PM
I'd also say that if Game 1 taught the Spurs anything, it's spoke volumes to the importance of Bruce Bowen's defense. While Bowen struggled to contain Kobe late, the Lakers' 13-0 run in the 3rd started upon Bowen's exit from the game. Bowen ended the night +18; Finley ended -21 and Manu ended -19.

That's why foul trouble will be key for Bruce. Udoka was descent but not as seasoned. I think a HUGE part of the game last night was when both Udoka AND bruce were on the bench and pop tried to go small ball.

trjons
05-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Bottom line is Lakers are up 1-0 and need 3 more to advance.

Spurs must win a game at Staples if they hope to win the series and only get 3 more chances (if the series lasts that long).

Spurs only played one close game on the road last series and were fortunate enough that the Hornets didn't have the firepower to complete a comeback the Lakers DID complete.

m33p0
05-22-2008, 01:12 PM
only because of fouls.

1Parker1
05-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Bottom line is Lakers are up 1-0 and need 3 more to advance.

Spurs must win a game at Staples if they hope to win the series and only get 3 more chances (if the series lasts that long).

Spurs only played one close game on the road last series and were fortunate enough that the Hornets didn't have the firepower to complete a comeback the Lakers DID complete.

Lakers have also been fortunate playing the Nuggets and Jazz in the first round while the Spurs battled it out with 2 of the top 4 teams in the West. Lakers have yet to see adversity this playoffs. Game 1 they saw some of it, but in actuality it was only Game 1 of what should be a long series and they were playing at home.

trjons
05-22-2008, 01:18 PM
only because of fouls.

What's your point? That because Bowen is now 4 years older than the last time they faced in the playoffs that he isn't young enough to keep up with Kobe without fouling him?

TheMACHINE
05-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Even Lakers fans know Bill is a tool.

Spur Spoiler
05-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Lakers have also been fortunate playing the Nuggets and Jazz in the first round while the Spurs battled it out with 2 of the top 4 teams in the West. Lakers have yet to see adversity this playoffs. Game 1 they saw some of it, but in actuality it was only Game 1 of what should be a long series and they were playing at home.

The Hornets and the Suns are tough teams? Hornets tougher than Denver maybe, but not Utah. Suns are weaker than both. I am very surprised at the number of people that think Bill's article is off. If you are going off of the standings at the end of the year, then LA is the better team than the Spurs.

I thought this series was going to go 6 or 7 but not anymore. The Lakers are in the heads of the Spurs. At no point will they be able to think they are in the driver seat. And yes, you are going to have to beat us at home. Something teams have had a VERY HARD TIME WITH. The Spurs (and their fans) have watched the Lakers ruin their dreams time and time again. This probably won't be any different. I hope this thread is brought back in a week or two. Good Luck Spurs and hand us the torch. Our turn

beachwood
05-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Good, let them think this series is over. I kind of like Farmar, a guy with no accomplishments in this league, talking about what's going to take the wind out of the sails of a team that has won 3 championships in the last 5 years.

Keep talking about how much heart you guys have. Keep talking.

Keep talking.

1Parker1
05-22-2008, 01:35 PM
The Hornets and the Suns are tough teams? Hornets tougher than Denver maybe, but not Utah. Suns are weaker than both. I am very surprised at the number of people that think Bill's article is off. If you are going off of the standings at the end of the year, then LA is the better team than the Spurs.

I thought this series was going to go 6 or 7 but not anymore. The Lakers are in the heads of the Spurs. At no point will they be able to think they are in the driver seat. And yes, you are going to have to beat us at home. Something teams have had a VERY HARD TIME WITH. The Spurs (and their fans) have watched the Lakers ruin their dreams time and time again. This probably won't be any different. I hope this thread is brought back in a week or two. Good Luck Spurs and hand us the torch. Our turn

You're absolutely right. Spurs should just forfeit now. Why are you even going to bother watching the next 3 games???

homer
05-22-2008, 01:39 PM

Since 2003, the Spurs have had a big bullseye on their back. Every team in the league has tried to bolster their roster specifically to beat the Spurs. If we do hand you the torch, and that's a huge if, I will be glad to put that bullseye on someone elses back.

Princess Pimp
05-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the locker room material, Bill! :lol

Spurs in 6.

Still in denial?

Princess Pimp
05-22-2008, 01:42 PM
You're absolutely right. Spurs should just forfeit now. Why are you even going to bother watching the next 3 games???

Might as well

Spur Spoiler
05-22-2008, 01:49 PM

I think you are the one seeing the adversity now. Phoenix was a joke and the Hornets are a new team to the big show. Talented, but brand new and inexperienced. Get ready, you are facing the #1 team in the west and you have your hands full now. You guys have a very talented team with playoff experience, but your older now and will have a tough time against this Laker team. Count on it.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-22-2008, 02:06 PM
lol and this is a sports writer for real? if i didnt know better i would assume he never watched basketball in his life

Budkin
05-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Clown fails once again.

DazedAndConfused
05-22-2008, 02:23 PM
If coming back from a 20pt deficit late in the 3rd quarter to win a game against the best defensive team in the league isn't overcoming adversity I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS.

tlongII
05-22-2008, 02:26 PM
The Lakers are doing to the Spurs what the Spurs did to the Suns in the first round.

RandomGuy
05-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Thank you. We, Spurs fan, know what over confidence does to your game. So once more Thank you to the LA and National media.

:tu

Heh, I don't think the Laker players are quite as foolish as their sports writers...

We can just hope they are, though. :lol

LakerLanny
05-22-2008, 02:30 PM
He should be writing for OMG! about who Lindsay Lohan is dating.

Rumor has it Luke Walton is banging Lindsay Lohan. :married:

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2008, 02:33 PM

He'll be an even bigger non-factor then, i hear Herpes fucks up your game.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-22-2008, 02:41 PM
If coming back from a 20pt deficit late in the 3rd quarter to win a game against the best defensive team in the league isn't overcoming adversity I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS.

the spurs arent the best defensive team in the league

dbreiden83080
05-22-2008, 02:46 PM
So Spurs outplay Lakers for 80% of the game and then blow it in the end go down 1-0 and this thing is over huh, give me a break. :rolleyes

ducks
05-22-2008, 02:46 PM
"Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and
beat you by experience"

LakerLanny
05-22-2008, 02:48 PM
He'll be an even bigger non-factor then, i hear Herpes fucks up your game.

I would just be happy to snag Lindsay's Mom!

Cougar Alert! :hat

Solid D
05-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Meanwhile, back at Bill Plaschke's House

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/jko/lowres/jkon410l.jpg

crc21209
05-22-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm tired of hearing this bullshit saying this is like what the Spurs did to the Suns in Game 1 of the 1st round....uhhh yeah but don't you know we're not the fucking Suns! The Spurs dont get rattled, they just got out of a series down 2-0 being blown out, down 3-2, and winning a Game 7 on the road, so don't even begin to compare the Suns to the Spurs, because there isnt a fucking comparison! 4 titles>0 titles. Spurs>Suns. End of discussion. Spurs in 6....If the Spurs can be up 20 in game 1 at Staples after winning Game 7 on the road, sleeping on a plane, no rest, and only Tim, Tony, and Bruce contributing, then fucking wait and see what happens when they start clicking on all cylinders.

Discoflux
05-22-2008, 03:04 PM

No wonder Luke is in a slump. LiLo is a vampire.

rydamee
05-22-2008, 03:20 PM
yes, if you don't live in LA, you have no idea how bad we want this guy to move to SA. i had to send him hate mail over his article "this is the last team the lakers wanted to see". what an idiot! i hate SA with every ounce of life i have in me. that didn't stop me from betting everything i had against NO. you bet your sweet prairy asses we want to see SA. by the way SA, if the spurs are such a dynasty, can you guys get a repeat??? ever???

TampaDude
05-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Still in denial?

Yes...I deny that you have any fucking clue what you're talking about. :lol

TampaDude
05-22-2008, 03:35 PM
by the way SA, if the spurs are such a dynasty, can you guys get a repeat??? ever???

By the way, LA, if Kobe is such hot shit, can he win a title without Shaq??? Ever??? :lol

mytespurs
05-22-2008, 03:37 PM

BILL PLASCHKE

Bill Plaschke

May 22, 2008

All but three words.

That's bandwagon Bill for ya!! This was the same columnist who yesterday wrote that the Spurs are the one team the Lakers didn't want to see...yesterday's column had a sense of gloom.....now today, it's over.
He changes opinions more than a chameleon changes color! :rolleyes

Say-Townbball
05-22-2008, 03:42 PM

I thought this series was going to go 6 or 7 but not anymore. The Lakers are in the heads of the Spurs. :lmao At no point will they be able to think they are in the driver seat. And yes, you are going to have to beat us at home. Something teams have had a VERY HARD TIME WITH. The Spurs (and their fans) have watched the Lakers ruin their dreams time and time again. This probably won't be any different. I hope this thread is brought back in a week or two. Good Luck Spurs and hand us the torch. Our turn

You think after one game, the lakers are in the Spurs' heads and it's over? You are NOT playing Utah. The Spurs are champs, not toys.

Keep telling yourself fairy tales to make yourself feel better.

next.

nfg3
05-22-2008, 04:29 PM
for those of you who are not in the LA area, or bother to read the LA Times, I should fill you in on something:

Bill Plaschke is a moron. He's one of those guys always looking for an angle rather than finding a solid analysis. He should be writing for OMG! about who Lindsay Lohan is dating.

After reading the article it was pretty obvious that he was looking for a "story" not neccessarily related to the Xs and Os of BB. Talk about being a homer and all. Thanks for the heads up and you are right about him. He really is a moron to think thtt this series is over after just one game. Did the Spurs blow that game? YES, but are they just going to roll over and quit? NO.

Adjustments are going to be made and we'll see what happens in game 2.

dickface
05-22-2008, 05:02 PM

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

The Truth #6
05-22-2008, 05:27 PM
He's one of the clowns on Around the Horn, right? When do those jokers ever make thoughtful points? Just yesterday he was pissing in his pants that his Lakers had to play the Spurs. He's like a loudmouth friend that everyone in the group has to endure.

I wouldn't put much regard in his comments.

Zero Point Four
05-22-2008, 06:52 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20080522/2008_05_22t005647_450x359_us_nba_wednesday.jpg?x=4 00&y=319&sig=bTpJOG8FlwBqurAIQk4oSw--

Over.

We pick our noses in your general direction.

Zero Point Four
05-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Did you hear the announcer during the game?

Phil Jackson's teams are 40 - 0 in playoffs series if they win the first game.

Forty and Oh.

Impressive, wouldn't you agree?

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20080517/2008_05_17t015236_450x303_us_nba_friday.jpg?x=400&y=269&sig=h_Ojnn9khGOVolBRmuuCSQ--

Spuradicator
05-22-2008, 07:00 PM
This is going to be funny when we beat the Lakers by game 6

Zero Point Four
05-22-2008, 07:04 PM

I'm sorry.

Forty and OH!

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20080522/2008_05_22t005709_450x330_us_nba_wednesday.jpg?x=4 00&y=293&sig=9w2P4SMe6G4mZns.Yg4vnw--

Spur Spoiler
05-22-2008, 07:14 PM
You think after one game, the lakers are in the Spurs' heads and it's over? You are NOT playing Utah. The Spurs are champs, not toys.

Keep telling yourself fairy tales to make yourself feel better.

next.

So you know I respect the Spurs but you should be reminded the last time the Lakers and SA met, the Lakers kicked their ass 106-85. We just came back from a 20 point lead. Yes we are in their head. Is it over? I don't know, but we are in their head.

You are the champs, soon to be "were the champs". And I know we are not playing in Utah, I have counted more than 3 people in your stands of some kind of ethnicity.

odogg726
05-22-2008, 07:42 PM
For those of you thanking Bill for the bulletin board material, you fail. First of all, he's not even an objective beat writer, he's a moronic columnist, like all these other phonies on these ESPN talking head shows. 2nd of all, these are the Western Conference Finals. If your old ass team still needs bulletin board material to get pumped up for a game like this, then the series has already gotten away from them.

Look at the bright side. There are plenty of career opportunities for aging NBA players. All they need is a long enough bath tub, then they can lay in it next to their old wives as they watch the sun set in a Cialis commercial or something.

ballhog
05-22-2008, 09:53 PM
He's a douche. Heard him on PTI today. Can't stand his painted eyebrows and shit-eatin' grin. Those other boys on there dumped on his ass for his stupid article. Hope it comes back to bite him in the ass.

DazedAndConfused
05-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Nobody in LA likes this assclown either.

Adande, COME BACK TO THE LA TIMES!!!!!!!!

tmtcsc
05-23-2008, 09:28 AM
So Spurs outplay Lakers for 80% of the game and then blow it in the end go down 1-0 and this thing is over huh, give me a break. :rolleyes

It was more like 62.5 %. The Lakers got their work done faster.

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Did you hear the announcer during the game?

Phil Jackson's teams are 40 - 0 in playoffs series if they win the first game.

Forty and Oh.

Impressive, wouldn't you agree?

Impressive...but not relevant at all.

I love how the media keeps trotting out meaningless stats like that...most of PJs series wins were with the Jordan Bulls, not the Lakers, and those with the Lakers were with Shaq. It's like the TV guys talking about how good the Celtics' playoff record is...as if the Russell Celtics of the '60s and the Bird Celtics of the '80s have any bearing at all on the current Celtics team.

Buuuut...if you wanna talk stats...a far more meaningful stat is this: The CURRENT coach of the CURRENT Spurs team has lost Game 1 of a seven-game series four times in his career, and has gone on to win all four of those series.

Of course, if the Lakers do manage to win Game 2 tonight, then the series is over, because we all know the Spurs have NEVER come back from down 0-2...oh, wait... :lol

Indazone
05-23-2008, 11:35 AM
At the end of the day, this is what you will see

http://www.simdomain.net/zzl/bbbnet/fishing/ScottishKobe.jpg

Indazone
05-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Bring it on LALA land

Bait and tackle is waiting for ya!

http://www.nba.com/media/fishin_240_lakers03.jpg

SenorSpur
05-23-2008, 06:14 PM
I cannot wait to hear what this "blowhard" will have to say on Monday's "Around the Horn", once the Spurs take both Games 2 and 3.

Spur Spoiler
05-24-2008, 11:32 AM
It was more like 62.5 %. The Lakers got their work done faster.

Bill might be a tool, but he is two games away from being right with this one. Lakers are in the Spurs head and owning them.

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 11:36 AM

It will even be funnier if the Spurs can't win Game 3 because the brooms will be out!!!!

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 11:38 AM
I cannot wait to hear what this "blowhard" will have to say on Monday's "Around the Horn", once the Spurs take both Games 2 and 3.

So much for that. You better hope the Lakers screw Game 3 otherwise, "blowhard" will be talking about the broom!!!!!

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Bring it on LALA land

Bait and tackle is waiting for ya!

http://www.nba.com/media/fishin_240_lakers03.jpg

The Spurs are not playing the Hornets. So far, the Lakers have been bringing it.
So far, the Spurs have been dominated. You better go to church Sunday and pray that the Spurs win Game 3 because as it stands right now, the Lakers look like they are going to sweep the Spurs!!!!

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

wildchild
05-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Many Spurs players got lost in game 2, I 'll have to go on hoping these guys find the way home at game 3. :tu