PDA

View Full Version : Unprecedented Meltown ?: Nah

tmtcsc
05-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Someone needs to send Bill Plaschke the following link:

http://www.nba.com/games/20030519/DALSAS/recap.html

During the 2003 Championship season, we dropped game 1 at home after leading by 18 pts in the second quarter and by 14 pts in the 4th. We lost our home court advantage against the Mavs AND still came back to win the series.

That team had the same core as this one: Tim, Manu, Tony and Bruce.

It sucked that we lost but I am confident that this series is far from over. We dominated the Lakers for 2 1/2 quarters.
One messed up stretch when Bruce when out with his 3rd foul and we lost.

We need to get back to getting easy baskets (not settling for 3's). It's obvious to me that if we are going to win our 5th Championship we are going to have to do it at less than 100 %.

I have no reason to believe that Manu will get back to the player he was during the season and pre-injury. He hasn't had his explosiveness for weeks. I don't expect that to change. I'm sure he'll find a way to contribute, he always does. Last night was the worst playoff game I've ever seen out of him. I am confident that he will bounce back.

This Laker team has good energy and youth coming off the bench w/ Farmar, Vujacic, Turiaf and Walton but I still think we can overcome that.

The Hornets were solid. The Lakers are still a 1 1/2 man show. Fuck the Lakers. Pau is a nice addition but he's no Shaq or Chandler on D. You get physical with his goofy ass and he'll disappear.

Even when we got up on the Lakers by 20 it was surreal. The Lakers were playing like crap and the Spurs looked like they were going in slow motion doing it. They looked tired to me the whole game so fatigue is not the reason we lost.
The Lakers (Kobe and Pau) started to play better and we folded. Tim missed shots and FT's, when Manu wasn't flinging the ball all over the place he was committing offensive fouls before the ball was inbounded.

Tony stopped going to the basket and started shooting jumpers. Finley sucked ass and nobody could grab a rebound.

If I'm the Lakers, I'd be thanking my lucky stars that you STOLE one on your own home court. You guys aren't shit compared to the Hornets.

We'll be fine. The Lakers have to rely on us being our worst enemies.

m33p0
05-22-2008, 02:51 PM
the spurs went away from what gave them the lead in the first place which was focusing on duncan. it didn't help that they shot poorly from the outside too. a 3 from fin, bowen and brent would have helped alot. when the spurs needed manu to be manu, he didn't deliver. i guess he's human afterall.

it wasn't a meltdown. just fatigue finally catching up to them and lack of preparation. they'll be fine come game 2.

beachwood
05-22-2008, 02:52 PM
We're going to be fine. This is all part of the rollercoaster ride that is the '08 Spurs playoff run. We're up, then we're down. Just need to keep pounding the rock.

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2008, 02:53 PM
there;s a crapload of precedent

Princess Pimp
05-22-2008, 02:55 PM
During the 2003 Championship season, we dropped game 1 at home after leading by 18 pts in the second quarter and by 14 pts in the 4th. We lost our home court advantage against the Mavs AND still came back to win the series.

Newsflash:

They're on the road now, they were at home then, that's the difference

MoSpur
05-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Didn't we lose games one and two like just a series ago to a very good team?

tmtcsc
05-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Newsflash:

We can still GET homecourt advantage by winning on Friday. The Lakers only did what they were expected to do. Win at home after 4 days off. Why are you still here ?

urunobili
05-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Newsflash:

PP! PP! PP! :lobt2:

Princess Pimp
05-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Didn't we lose games one and two like just a series ago to a very good team?

Since when Chris Paul, Tyson Chandler or David West were in the Finals?

The Hronets are not the Lakers.

Is not the same quit being in denial dumbasses!

hater
05-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Newsflash:

you are one stupid motherfucker :lmao

Princess Pimp
05-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Newsflash:

We can still GET homecourt advantage by winning on Friday. The Lakers only did what they were expected to do. Win at home after 4 days off. Why are you still here ?

But they won't win on Friday and I'll put my money on that!

The Lakers were rusty and are now awake!

I expect the lakers to open a can of ol' fashion whoopass on your sorry old asses Friday night.

Princess Pimp
05-22-2008, 03:04 PM
you are one stupid motherfucker :lmao

They don't have HCA to start with in this series..

Dumbass!

SpursDynasty
05-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Most sports writers and basketball fans don't think enough to know what a good basketball team is. They see "Kobe" and "Lakers" and automatically pencil in the Lakers for the Finals....

trjons
05-22-2008, 03:08 PM
As soon as I read "Mavs" I stopped reading.

tmtcsc
05-22-2008, 03:43 PM
That Mavs team was better than this Lakers team.