SPARKY
05-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Uh yeah, we know this.

xtremesteven33
05-22-2008, 03:27 PM
series begins friday

Jimcs50
05-22-2008, 03:31 PM
So, the Boston-Cleveland series and the Boston-Atlanta series were not series at all? What would you call them? A collection of individual games?

Say-Townbball
05-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Remember this.

You say this now, but on another thread you said you've already lost your confidence in the Spurs.

TampaDude
05-22-2008, 03:41 PM
series begins friday

Yup! :flag:

trjons
05-22-2008, 04:01 PM
series begins friday

correction. Sunday.

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2008, 04:02 PM
correction. Sunday.

nu-uh, it's friday

polandprzem
05-22-2008, 04:04 PM
So, the Boston-Cleveland series and the Boston-Atlanta series were not series at all? What would you call them? A collection of individual games?

Now Ghost will be thinking for a decade

Ghost Writer
05-22-2008, 05:42 PM
The favorite won those series. Boston held serve throughout those two series.

Until a team loses a home game, you can't make any definitive statements on a series.

The Celtics never lost a home game and because of homecourt advantage (one more game at home than ATL and CLE) prevailed.

Keep up with me. Please.

P.S.

My status as a Spurs fan should not be questioned, because I lost a little confidence after the Spurs blew a 20-point lead in a tone-setting Game 1 on the road. It means that I have the ability to be objective and not a homer.

I have not given up on the Spurs at all.

BiZNicK
05-22-2008, 06:08 PM
ok...but

Arent you the same fool that made this thread?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96401

"Why The Spurs Will Not Win This Series"

:lmao

Ghost Writer
05-23-2008, 10:32 AM
ok...but

Arent you the same fool that made this thread?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96401

"Why The Spurs Will Not Win This Series"

:lmao

Read the thread, retard.

One is a conspiracy theory concept and the other gives us hope.

I don't post here regularly anymore, because, quite frankly, people like you are rude and insulting and don't bother to read or reflect.

You just sit around waiting to jump on anyone with a non-homer point of view.

Go fvck yourself.

Say-Townbball
05-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Read the thread, retard.

One is a conspiracy theory concept and the other gives us hope.

I don't post here regularly anymore, because, quite frankly, people like you are rude and insulting and don't bother to read or reflect.

You just sit around waiting to jump on anyone with a non-homer point of view.

Go fvck yourself.

I was trying to be positive going in to the series, but let's face it... the League and the network wants Lakers vs. Celtics.

If you do not believe this, I point to the final 3 minutes of the 4th quarter last night.

I am not one to make excuses or blame the refs, but that was probably the worst span of officiating that I have seen in my 31 years on Pop's green Earth.

I'm not saying that our Spurs will not try to win, but in order to be successful, they will have to overcome the Lakers and the officials.

I get that you are a conspiracy theorist and this thread is to present your sense of "hope". However, take a look at your thread starter, and it presents itself as you have already bailed out on the Spurs. If you are looking to point the finger and blame the league and the officials for last game's lost, I suggest you go back and look at the last 5 or 6 minutes of the third, and tell us the Spurs did not fall apart. The Spurs beat themselves, and as Champions they realize that. Sure, there was a couple bad calls at the end of the 4th, but the league and the refs have no responsibility in the bad game Manu had or the small ball line up Pop thought was a good idea.

Despite the mistakes, us "homers" still BELIEVE in the Spurs...homecourt or on the road. No excuses. No pointing fingers. I believe the Spurs will get their shit together and break through and PROVE to the league, the fans, and CONSPIRACY THEORISTS that they will prevail and make it past the Lakers.

Should you TRUELY believe that the Spurs do not stand a chance because it's rigged to have a Laker/Celtic showdown, then why start a thread saying" Not a Series Until Someone Loses at Home"? The last thread came across that this isn't a series no matter what, since you already believe Stern and his people have this master plan. Maybe you should've worded your thread starter differently. I dunno.

Read the thread, retard.

I also don't know where you get off saying that someone is rude and insulting when you just called them a retard.

You seem a bit hypocritical to me.

My two cents.

//end rant.

hater
05-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Remember this.

so the Celtics are just starting their first series of the playoffs?

BTW, I thought you jumped the bandwagon? who let ur sorry ass back in?

Dopey310
05-23-2008, 12:04 PM
I always thought this cliche was BS. So if the Lakers win game 7 at home and everybody holds serve, the series still haven't started ?The series started in game 1, anyone who says otherwise is delusional. :rollin

Ghost Writer
05-23-2008, 12:33 PM
so the Celtics are just starting their first series of the playoffs?

BTW, I thought you jumped the bandwagon? who let ur sorry ass back in?

Wow.

You catch on fast, hater. Go back and read the whole thread.

The Celtics are in the ECFs, because they never lost a home game.

It's not a series until a team loses at home.

Now the Celts have their work cut out for them.

Ghost Writer
05-23-2008, 12:35 PM
I always thought this cliche was BS. So if the Lakers win game 7 at home and everybody holds serve, the series still haven't started ?The series started in game 1, anyone who says otherwise is delusional. :rollin
Dopey is an appropos name.

"Not A Series Until Someone Loses At Home" is a figure of speech.

It means that you can't really get nervous in a series until you lose a home game.

Dope.

Dopey310
05-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Dopey is an appropos name.

"Not A Series Until Someone Loses At Home" is a figure of speech.

It means that you can't really get nervous in a series until you lose a home game.

Dope.

And you're a fucken moron. You're telling me Celtics and Cavs fans weren't nervous the whole series because nobody lost at home. :lol A series starts at the tip off in game 1. You're telling me Spurs fans didn't get nervous when they saw their 20 pt leads disappear? Whether you win at home or on the road, they both count as 1 win, a loss is a loss. Only loser ass Celtic fans are completely reliant on HC. Attacking my SN doesn't make you any less of a moron, why don't you stick to the points.

MadDog73
05-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Ghost Writer has a point.

Spurs / Hornets was actually a lousy series. No close games until Game 7. No real drama until game 7.

That said, Lakers/Spurs Game 1 had real drama, and was a must see event. I expect all games in this series to be that way. As it should be.

The series has started. (and I don't think either team is nervous yet)

hater
05-23-2008, 12:51 PM
And you're a fucken moron. You're telling me Celtics and Cavs fans weren't nervous the whole series because nobody lost at home. :lol A series starts at the tip off in game 1. You're telling me Spurs fans didn't get nervous when they saw their 20 pt leads disappear? Whether you win at home or on the road, they both count as 1 win, a loss is a loss. Only loser ass Celtic fans are completely reliant on HC. Attacking my SN doesn't make you any less of a moron, why don't you stick to the points.

I have to agree with Lakerfan here. I always thought that was one of the most idiotic statements in basketball.

Ghost Writer
05-23-2008, 12:51 PM

Yawn.

Now that the Celtics have lost a home game, they are in serious trouble.

A team is not in jeopardy until it loses at home.

That's why homecourt advantage is critical.

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Yawn.

Yup...if the Pistons play like they did last night in Games 3 and 4, the Celtics are toast.

Dopey310
05-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Yawn.

Exactly, that's why every game is critical. A team with HC can win a series by just protecting HC, the games they win at home are every bit as important as the ones they win on the road. The Celtics this season are the perfect reason why this cliche is stupid because had the Celtics not have homecourt in the first two rounds, they very well could've lost to Atlanta or Cleveland.

So when the Spurs win all their homecourt but the Lakers win all of theirs, the Spurs are still not in jeopardy? The Spurs will be cleaning their lockers out by then. :sleep

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 01:02 PM
yes this is a pretty dumb way of thinking especially when you dont have homecourt....
so are you going to use this theory if they lose all their road games which means they go home after Game 7....
"Its not a series until we lose at Home???????

Ghost Writer
05-28-2008, 08:59 AM
See how this works?

Now, we're in big trouble.

Dex
05-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Thanks for reminding us. :pctoss

PwrGetter
05-28-2008, 09:14 AM
It's a series, but it's not over.

Ghost Writer
05-28-2008, 09:47 AM
I think we still got a shot, but the team needs to get some rest in between games.

I really don't think the Lakers are markedly better.