PDA

View Full Version : Top 20 Signs That You've been online too long

Jimcs50
01-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Top 20 Signs That You've
Been Online Too Long

1. Tech Support calls you for help.
2. Someone at work tells you a joke and you say "LOL."
3. You watch TV with the closed captioning turned on.
4. You have called out someone's screen name while making love to your significant other.
5. You keep begging your friends to get an account so "you can hang out."
6. Three words: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
7. You've gotten on an airplane just to meet some people face-to-face.
8. You have to get a second phone line so you can order pizza.
9. Your wife goes into labor and you stop to type a special e-mail to let everyone know you're going to be "away."
10. You have a vanity car tag with your screen name on it.
11. You no longer type with proper capitalization, punctuation or complete sentences.
12. You begin to say "heh heh heh" instead of laughing.
13. When someone says, "What did you say?" you reply, "Scroll up!"
14. You find yourself sneaking away to the computer in the middle of the night when your spouse is asleep.
15. You turn down the lights and close the blinds so people won't know you're online again.
16. You know more about your AOL friends' daily routines than you do your own spouses'.
17. You find yourself lying to others about your time online and when they complain that your phone was busy, you claim it was off the hook.
18. You have an identity crisis if someone is using a screen name close to your own.
19. You would rather tell people that your bloodshot eyes are from partying too much than the truth (you were online all night).
20. You type messages to people while you are on the phone with them at the same time.

SpursWoman
01-25-2005, 06:21 PM
Hmmmmm.......a little self-analization......

1. Tech Support calls you for help.

not yet, but I know AOL's # by heart.

no, but I think it.....actually I think "colon,L,O,L"

3. You watch TV with the closed captioning turned on.

what TV?

4. You have called out someone's screen name while making love to your significant other.

Never. Although I have answered my phone at work, "This is SpursWoman..."

5. You keep begging your friends to get an account so "you can hang out."

My best friend finally got connected. :)

6. Three words: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

Nah. A little preventative wrist workout will stave of that problem.

7. You've gotten on an airplane just to meet some people face-to-face.

No, but several have come here on airplanes or long car trips. (Just friends! :lol )

8. You have to get a second phone line so you can order pizza.

Papa John's....order online!

9. Your wife goes into labor and you stop to type a special e-mail to let everyone know you're going to be "away."

Never had to do that. I had a laptop the only time I really went away. :lol

10. You have a vanity car tag with your screen name on it.

I've actually inquired as to whether "SprWmn" was available. :lmao

11. You no longer type with proper capitalization, punctuation or complete sentences.

That one's hard to break....

12. You begin to say "heh heh heh" instead of laughing.

Nope. See #2

13. When someone says, "What did you say?" you reply, "Scroll up!"

Never said that.

14. You find yourself sneaking away to the computer in the middle of the night when your spouse is asleep.

Not married....but have gotten on when I can's sleep.

15. You turn down the lights and close the blinds so people won't know you're online again.

Nah....monitor doesn't face a window.

16. You know more about your AOL friends' daily routines than you do your own spouses'.

Not married...

17. You find yourself lying to others about your time online and when they complain that your phone was busy, you claim it was off the hook.

Cable modem & cell phone!

18. You have an identity crisis if someone is using a screen name close to your own.

This has happened. Harmon deleted an unused SpursWoman account at WOAI when SR merged so I could have it....I was stressing.....

19. You would rather tell people that your bloodshot eyes are from partying too much than the truth (you were online all night).

Nah....I wasn't partying or online...... :smokin

20. You type messages to people while you are on the phone with them at the same time.

I've done this a lot....

I need a life..... :lmao :lmao

Jimcs50
01-25-2005, 06:24 PM

Never. Although I have answered my phone at work, "This is SpursWoman..."

I have yelled out "SW" to my wife a few times.

:)

SpursWoman
01-25-2005, 06:28 PM
awwwww..... :makeout :makeout

Did you cover with.... ".....chicken salad from Jack in the Box.......damn, I'm hungry" ?

:lol

CrazyOne
01-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Papa John's online... I have an account there already... :lol

Clandestino
01-25-2005, 06:52 PM
21. Your legs go numb from sitting on the toilet too long.(i'm high tech, no more newspaper since this wireless internet came out!"

T Park
01-25-2005, 07:51 PM
11. You no longer type with proper capitalization, punctuation or complete sentences

ooops.......... hehe, Im not guilty of this what soooo ever.

Am I S Dub?

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-25-2005, 08:56 PM

This has never happened to me. . .unless you're counting Kori, Shelly, Spurswoman, Mouse, Jim, TPark, Violent Kitten and GayABC. Other than those eight, and six or seven more, it's never happened. . . NEVER!!!

Shelly
01-25-2005, 09:11 PM
22. You email your husband and he's in the next room using his laptop.

whottt
01-25-2005, 10:22 PM

I came close to doing this when I first got online...

LMAO, is it worse if when you call out the screen name it actually belongs to the person you are making love too?

Seriously...I'm fucked by this. Especially with ellipsises.

Did this all the time...when I was married.

I'd like to add one more to this list..

23.You come online and have a girl that you've never met in person pissed off at you and asking you where you have been.

Yes that has happened to me.

samikeyp
01-26-2005, 01:14 AM
Ducks' posts start to make sense! :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-26-2005, 01:17 AM
Man, I think that's why I try to be as correct as I can when I respond online. I don't want it to carry the wrong way into my reporting.

I know it's bad when I start using AP style in my posts, though.

Typing the numbers one through ten out instead of simply writing 1-10, etc.

SpursWoman
01-26-2005, 01:25 AM
I know it's bad when I start using AP style in my posts, though.

Typing the numbers one through ten out instead of simply writing 1-10, etc.

That's not just AP style, Joe.....that's just normal rules of grammar. :lol

And I don't care how long I've been online or how much time I spend here, I'm too anal retentive to forego the grammar part.... :oops

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-26-2005, 02:12 AM
That's not just AP style, Joe.....that's just normal rules of grammar. :lol

And I don't care how long I've been online or how much time I spend here, I'm too anal retentive to forego the grammar part.... :oops

Do you REALLY want to know how long it's been since I've been in an English class (having to retake one this semester to replace an old grade)?

Everything's AP style to me.

http://www.ricehahn.com/books/images/ap_style_medialaw.jpg

One copy @ home. One (my own, not the 4 others I have sitting on my desk) @ the newsroom.

I can't remember what it is right now, but there's especially one rule that grammar and AP style are totally opposite on that pisses me off completely. I used to get marked off tons in high school because I was so used to writing in AP style.

samikeyp
01-26-2005, 10:51 AM
That's not just AP style, Joe.....that's just normal rules of grammar.

And I don't care how long I've been online or how much time I spend here, I'm too anal retentive to forego the grammar part....

I had an issue with Hoopsworld with that when I wrote for them. I used normal rules of grammar along with what I was taught in journalism class back in high school. They would tell me I was wrong and no one cares about "traditional grammar rules" and such. That hastened my departure from that site along with other stuff.

Shelly
01-26-2005, 11:20 AM
Ducks' posts start to make sense! :lol

WINNAR!!!!!

Samurai Jane
01-26-2005, 11:41 AM
22. You email your husband and he's in the next room using his laptop.

Try instant messaging him when he's sitting right across from you! :lol

Spurminator
01-26-2005, 11:58 AM

I hereby give permission for anyone to scream out my screen name while making love.

Useruser666
01-26-2005, 12:08 PM
You're over at a friends house for 5 minutes and have to "borrow their computer".

Slomo
01-26-2005, 03:11 PM
You're over at a friends house for 5 minutes and have to "borrow their computer".
Guilty as charged! :lol

Samurai Jane
01-26-2005, 03:15 PM
You take your laptop to bowling league praying that whoever it is in the neighborhood that has the unsecured wireless signal hasn't figured out how to put a key on it yet.

travis2
01-26-2005, 03:23 PM
You take your laptop to bowling league praying that whoever it is in the neighborhood that has the unsecured wireless signal hasn't figured out how to put a key on it yet.

oooooooh...bad girl! :lol

Samurai Jane
01-26-2005, 03:26 PM
oooooooh...bad girl! :lol
Actually, I haven't done that myself, but I know someone who has... :angel

CosmicCowboy
01-26-2005, 03:32 PM
I hereby give permission for anyone to scream out my screen name while making love.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Ahhhhhhh!...

uhhhhhhhh!...

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.....

SPUUUUUURMINATOR!!!!!!

gay abc
01-26-2005, 03:39 PM

anyone huh? :lol

travis2
01-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Actually, I haven't done that myself, but I know someone who has... :angel

umm-hmmm...I understand...:lol

Useruser666
01-26-2005, 03:55 PM

Ahhhhhhh!...

uhhhhhhhh!...

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.....

SPUUUUUURMINATOR!!!!!!

You don't have to feel guilty about that CC, now you got permission.

Samurai Jane
01-26-2005, 03:58 PM

Ahhhhhhh!...

uhhhhhhhh!...

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.....

SPUUUUUURMINATOR!!!!!!
:lmao

Shelly
01-26-2005, 06:50 PM

I've done that to my kids! :lol

:lol @ CC. You bring the funny!

pseudofan
01-26-2005, 10:22 PM
The bbbrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnggggggg of an instant message will get your ass out of bed faster than the alarm clock!

Nbadan
01-27-2005, 12:39 AM
You Google your screenname and come up with more than 10 pages. Some on foreign web sites. WTF?!?

Experiment2100
01-27-2005, 12:54 AM
You Google your screenname and come up with more than 10 pages. Some on foreign web sites. WTF?!?

42 pages

samikeyp
01-27-2005, 01:15 AM
if Pseudofan's avatar starts to look good! :wow

gay abc
01-27-2005, 10:19 AM
if Pseudofan's avatar starts to look good! :wow

never

:lol :lol :lol

Hook Dem
01-27-2005, 10:33 AM
If your name is NBA Dan and it pisses you off when anyone outposts you! :lol

3rdCoast
01-27-2005, 11:26 AM
The bbbrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnggggggg of an instant message will get your ass out of bed faster than the alarm clock!
:lol :lol :lol

pseudofan
01-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by samikeyp

if Pseudofan's avatar starts to look good!

never

Yeah, whatever queer eye. Stop being jealous of my picture!

gay abc
01-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Yeah, whatever queer eye. Stop being jealous of my picture!

:lol yep that's it

:smokin

Brutalis
07-17-2008, 07:37 PM
lolersk8z

Wild Cobra
07-18-2008, 04:18 PM

You are at work early.

Not because you left home early, but because you've been on the work computer since your last shift!

Kori Ellis
07-18-2008, 04:28 PM

:lol LJ and I sit about four feet from each other all day, every day ... and we talk on Yahoo IM.

I'd also like to note in this thread that I miss pseudofan posting.

TheSanityAnnex
07-18-2008, 06:38 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/Shit/peew.jpg

timvp
07-18-2008, 06:53 PM
http://spurstalk.com/tsarofl.jpg

You have a Norton's toolbar sitting underneath a spyware toolbar :rollin

If anyone ever needs to know worthless Norton Anti-Virus is, that just answered all questions. Hopefully you know someone has access to everything on your computer :tu

TheSanityAnnex
07-18-2008, 07:06 PM

If anyone ever needs to know worthless Norton Anti-Virus is, that just answered all questions. Hopefully you know someone has access to everything on your computer :tu

Not my computer, but I'll let them know. :tu

TheSanityAnnex
07-18-2008, 07:07 PM
I also laughed when I saw the IE in the screenshot

Kori Ellis
07-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Not my computer, but I'll let them know. :tu

"My Web Search" is horrible spyware. It actually takes over computer and then one day you can't surf at all .. you just keep getting re-directed to a bunch of crap that starts downloading stuff on your computer. No matter what URL you type, it just keeps downloading. Really tell them to get that out of there.

TheSanityAnnex
07-18-2008, 07:21 PM
"My Web Search" is horrible spyware. It actually takes over computer and then one day you can't surf at all .. you just keep getting re-directed to a bunch of crap that starts downloading stuff on your computer. No matter what URL you type, it just keeps downloading. Really tell them to get that out of there.I just removed the program, is that sufficient?

One other question, I downloaded a program vuse a while back and I'm pretty sure it was for torrents, it added a toolbar so I deleted the program but the toolbar still shows. WTF should I do to get it off?

timvp
07-18-2008, 07:40 PM
I just removed the program, is that sufficient?Make sure you deleted all programs associated with it. It usually likes to install it a couple different programs. Anything that says "my way" or "search assistant" should also be removed. Then run Spybot and Ad-Aware and that will find anything else left over.

One other question, I downloaded a program vuse a while back and I'm pretty sure it was for torrents, it added a toolbar so I deleted the program but the toolbar still shows. WTF should I do to get it off?I'd first try Spybot and Ad-Aware to see if it finds anything.

Brutalis
07-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Create a restore point with SpyBot as it as been known to kill registry files and fuuk your stuff up nicely.

Dex
07-18-2008, 09:06 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao