PDA

View Full Version : The Dana Carvey Show

midgetonadonkey
05-22-2008, 10:58 PM
I forgot how funny that shit was. Too bad it got canceled after 7 episodes. I forgot that Steve Carell, Stephen Colbert and Robert Smigel.

I am revisiting the episodes at http://www.hulu.com/the-dana-carvey-show

mrsmaalox
05-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Forgot about that one. Was it network or cable?

midgetonadonkey
05-22-2008, 11:58 PM
It was on ABC. It should've been on a lot longer.

peewee's lovechild
05-23-2008, 07:33 AM
I remember Dana making a skit about how Mountain Dew looked like piss.

Mountain Dew was one of the shows sponsers and they withdrew their sponsorship and asked others to do the same.

His show was cancelled shortly after.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-23-2008, 09:45 AM
I do remember that show, though the only skit I can remember with any clarity is Skinheads from Maine. :lol

dimsah
05-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Who can forget "Germans who say nice things"?

xMpm0-uOBws

Spurminator
05-23-2008, 10:41 AM
I just watched the first two and I think the show would've been a lot funnier without Dana Carvey.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-23-2008, 12:03 PM
i thought dana carvey was about as funny as a wet piece of wood

speaking of old cancelled shows, does anybody remember House of Buggin' with John Lequizamo? now that was funny. especially the Chicano Militant Minute.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-23-2008, 12:28 PM
i thought dana carvey was about as funny as a wet piece of wood

speaking of old cancelled shows, does anybody remember House of Buggin' with John Lequizamo? now that was funny. especially the Chicano Militant Minute.

Yes! Fox's attempt at finding a Latino style In Living Color. Much like ILC I probably only got about half the jokes (I was only about ten at the time) but the stuff I understood was great. I still chuckle thinking about the piņata rescue commercial.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Yes! Fox's attempt at finding a Latino style In Living Color. Much like ILC I probably only got about half the jokes (I was only about ten at the time) but the stuff I understood was great. I still chuckle thinking about the piņata rescue commercial.
i think i remember that one. the mariachi skit was hilarious.

midgetonadonkey
05-23-2008, 12:31 PM
They also tried a Latino In Living Color with that show Culture Clash.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-23-2008, 12:32 PM
They also tried a Latino In Living Color with that show Culture Clash.i remember that one. it was pretty good.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-23-2008, 12:34 PM
i think i remember that one. the mariachi skit was hilarious.
oh damn. someone finally put them up on youtube
3LRppExmnrE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LRppExmnrE

PENDEJO!