PDA

View Full Version : Take notes from Detroit, Spursies....

Princess Pimp
05-23-2008, 03:04 AM
First team to break Boston's playoff home winning streak to tie the series 1-1

Can the Spurs do the same against the Lakers?

I doubt it!

jaffies
05-23-2008, 03:05 AM
Then why bring it up?

TD=old&busted
05-23-2008, 03:07 AM
I just realized that the Lakers are in the best position out of any team left.

Princess Pimp
05-23-2008, 03:08 AM
Then why bring it up?

Just to remind you that you don't stand a chance tonight.

Game 1 was there for you to win and you waste the only opportunity to win this series.

This are not the Hornets.

A 0-2 hole will be your demise if you don't (because you won't) win Game 2

jaffies
05-23-2008, 03:13 AM
I just realized that the Lakers are in the best position out of any team left.

I would say Detroit is in the best position of the remaining teams. They are the only team (so far) to win a game on the road and steal HCA.

Supreme_Being
05-23-2008, 03:34 AM
If I were you I wouldn't underestim.....

Never mind.

Dopey310
05-23-2008, 03:47 AM
I would say Detroit is in the best position of the remaining teams. They are the only team (so far) to win a game on the road and steal HCA.

umm.. no they're not.. that logic only applies to teams that need to steal HCA. Lakers HAVE HCA, therefore they don't necessarily need to "steal" an away game. That's why they call it home court advantage, until you lose it, you have the advantage. No one would rather be tied 1-1, than be up 1-0. Lakers can win this series by playing .500 ball the rest of the way, whereas the Pistons still need to win 1 more than they lose. The Lakers can afford to lose 3 more games, the Pistons can only afford to lose 2. Your logic is flawed.:wakeup

Dopey310
05-23-2008, 04:13 AM
The Pistons are basically in the same situation as the Lakers were before they won game 1. Only difference is they're in a best of 5 series now instead of 7 and they got HCA like the Lakers.

NZ Spurs
05-23-2008, 04:28 AM
I would say Detroit are in a better place confidence wise. The Lakers still have to protect home court against a team that laid down for the final 2 quarters of a game. They still have to stop Duncan and Parker and hope Ginobili doesn't return to any sort of form.

Detroit now have 4 games 3 of those at home to get this series. They may be at risk of expecting a Boston team that has struggled on the road to continue this trend.

The Spurs are in a place in that their backs are against the wall. If any of you have been paying attention they tend to come to life so long as their players are healthy *knocks on wood.

Dopey310
05-23-2008, 05:22 AM
All speculative,I would rather be up 1-0 than tied 1-1 period. There's no guarantee that Detroit will win all their road games and there's no guarantee that SA can hold their homecourt. I do like Detroit's chances right now.

TwinFlowers
05-23-2008, 06:40 AM
detroit blows, just like the celtics. so WGAF?

this series is the real nba finals. LAL or SAS will roll like the west team always does against your weak cheese EC.

so enjoy your little series with boston, hell maybe even raise an EC banner. because i promise you that the lakes or spurs will have something for your ass soon enough.

Zee Laker
05-23-2008, 07:36 AM
umm.. no they're not.. that logic only applies to teams that need to steal HCA. Lakers HAVE HCA, therefore they don't necessarily need to "steal" an away game. That's why they call it home court advantage, until you lose it, you have the advantage. No one would rather be tied 1-1, than be up 1-0. Lakers can win this series by playing .500 ball the rest of the way, whereas the Pistons still need to win 1 more than they lose. The Lakers can afford to lose 3 more games, the Pistons can only afford to lose 2. Your logic is flawed.:wakeup

Or you could just say both Det and LA just need to win their remaining home games to make it to the finals

urunobili
05-23-2008, 07:44 AM

I doubt it!

GO PP GO! :lol

Biggems
05-23-2008, 08:16 AM

Game 1 was there for you to win and you waste the only opportunity to win this series.

first of all, it is THESE are not the Hornets

second, you have been spewing your venom at the Spurs the entire playoffs. We couldnt beat the Nones....we did. We couldnt beat the Hornets....we did. Now we cant beat the Lakers after 1 game....well we will see. All the Lakers did was win on their home floor in game 1 like they were supposed to. I picked the Spurs in 6 and I am sticking by that prediction.

So what are you going to do if the Spurs win this series and then win in the Finals? Are we gonna have to be on suicide watch for you? Are you gonna write a mean, nasty letter to Congress discussing your disdain for the Spurs and how they are mean, dirty, nasty, cheaters who annually bend your Nones over and have their way with your team, prison style?

With every post, you are becoming more bitter, more ridiculous, and more assinine. The more you post, the more foolish, immature, and unintelligent you come across. We get it, you hate the Spurs, they ruin your season annually. We get that you would never say a nice thing about them. We get that you are bitter and angry.

I have a solution........stop being a Nones fan....all your negativity will subside and you will be so much happier and carefree....

:flag::flag::flag:

SpurOutofTownFan
05-23-2008, 09:04 AM

yes you said the same in game 7 of the previous series. you are always wrong - that's your problem..

you should be banned actually, i don't get it why you are still here.

SAGambler
05-23-2008, 09:14 AM
yes you said the same in game 7 of the previous series. you are always wrong - that's your problem..

you should be banned actually, i don't get it why you are still here.

No! No! No! PeePee has been a jinx to every team that is supposed to "do the Spurs in".

Please don't ban her/it now.

ATXSPUR
05-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Shut up Louis.

Jimcs50
05-23-2008, 09:26 AM
:depressed

no

hater
05-23-2008, 09:33 AM

I doubt it!

thanks for the reminded Princess. you are one swell dude :tu

bdubya
05-23-2008, 09:55 AM
The Pistons are basically in the same situation as the Lakers were before they won game 1. Only difference is they're in a best of 5 series now instead of 7 and they got HCA like the Lakers.

What it is, is the Spurs are in the same situation today that the Pistons were in yesterday.

This will still be the case tomorrow. :toast

Dopey310
05-23-2008, 10:01 AM
What it is, is the Spurs are in the same situation today that the Pistons were in yesterday.

This will still be the case tomorrow. :toast

:lol No.

Dopey310
05-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Or you could just say both Det and LA just need to win their remaining home games to make it to the finals
I don't think homecourt will be critical in this series. I expect the Spurs to win a game at Staples and I think the Lakers are more than capable to win at AT&T. Both these teams have shown mental toughness on the road by closing out their western semis on the road. No matter how you slice it, the Lakers are in a position where they can lose one more game than the Pistons so it's not the same.

EjaculateMeElmo
05-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Hey princess pimp what can i get for $20?

I better get one hell of a blow job.

Los Spurs
05-23-2008, 10:20 AM

I doubt it!

I can't believe that your so called bad ass team went fishing ages ago and you are still hear being a damn sour grape...

YOU DEFINITELY NEED SOME HELP! AND FAST!!!

PDXSpursFan
05-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Suns in 4!

Hornets in 4!

MadDog73
05-23-2008, 10:28 AM

this series is the real nba finals. LAL or SAS will roll like the west team always does against your weak cheese EC.

so enjoy your little series with boston, hell maybe even raise an EC banner. because i promise you that the lakes or spurs will have something for your ass soon enough.

I still think the East is favored to win this year.

When was the last time LA beat the Pistons in the Finals?

theMUHMEshow
05-23-2008, 10:37 AM

LMFAO :lol

Dopey310
05-23-2008, 10:40 AM
I still think the East is favored to win this year.

When was the last time LA beat the Pistons in the Finals?

I think the Finals will be just as competitive as these conference finals. With that said, I don't think a Flip Saunders coached team can win a 7 game series against Phil or Popovich.

EjaculateMeElmo
05-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Hey princess pimp what can i get for $20?

I better get one hell of a blow job.

Well said.

EjaculateMeElmo
05-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Well said.

Why thank you kind sir.

Princess Pimp
05-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Just die!

ATXSPUR
05-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Just die!

Thanks louis

Princess Pimp
05-23-2008, 05:46 PM
You're Welcome! But my name is not Louis.