PDA

View Full Version : Do you tip at Sonic

ATRAIN
05-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Yes or no and why? I ordered today and paid with the little card thing and the chick was waiting for me to give her a tip. I didnt have cash and didnt tip her. I know we have discussed tipping before.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-23-2008, 12:23 PM
use the drive thru.

peewee's lovechild
05-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Fuck no.

Kermit
05-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Maybe a dollar if she's cute.

ATRAIN
use the drive thru.

This sonic I went to didnt have one, but really whats the difference. All the drive throughs at Sonic I have seen, they have to walk to your car anyways.

mrsmaalox
Yes, of course!! Doesn't everybody? No wonder those girls look so surprised when I do.

leemajors
was she cute?

ATRAIN
05-23-2008, 12:26 PM
was she cute?

Nah man it was in Taylor. I guess she was ok but not like the ones that work at sonic by my apt.

curtismedellin
05-23-2008, 12:27 PM
yeah, i tip. i can afford it. The amount i tip is based on service and of course the amount i spent on food.

ATRAIN
05-23-2008, 12:29 PM
yeah, i tip. i can afford it. The amount i tip is based on service and of course the amount i spent on food.

WTF its not a point if you can or can't afford it, its fucking fast food. In a place where they actually serve me and take time to see if I need more water, or bread or something then yeah ill tip no less than 20%.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-23-2008, 12:29 PM
This sonic I went to didnt have one, but really whats the difference. All the drive throughs at Sonic I have seen, they have to walk to your car anyways.here in dallas its a drive thru. not a drive up and walk to.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-23-2008, 12:30 PM
I figured it'd just be easier to link you back to our discussion on this subject, ATRAIN.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2094566&highlight=sonic#post2094566

ATRAIN
Fuck no.

Hey Peewee Curtis said you can't afford it.

ATRAIN
I figured it'd just be easier to link you back to our discussion on this subject, ATRAIN.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2094566&highlight=sonic#post2094566

LMAO dammit I was looking for that, I knew it was there somewhere.

drunkendan
05-23-2008, 12:31 PM

So do you tip the person based on how well they walk the food to your car?

ATRAIN
05-23-2008, 12:32 PM
JB, do you tip in restrooms?

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-23-2008, 12:32 PM
And an older link.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=756390&highlight=sonic#post756390

ATRAIN
05-23-2008, 12:33 PM
So do you tip the person based on how well they walk the food to your car?

LOL she was too slow walking 5 feet from the door to my car, thats a dollar off.

mrsmaalox
here in dallas its a drive thru. not a drive up and walk to.

Well here in SA it's walk to, drive-in and drive thru!!!

Johnny_Blaze_47

That's the creepiest damn shit. I don't remember tipping in a restroom much recently, but I think I tossed a buck in when I was handed a towel and had some soap squeezed at some club.

Sunshine
05-23-2008, 12:34 PM
I usually do. I either let them keep the coin change (unless it's less than .50) or I'll just give them a dollar. And they are almost always very appreciative, like they weren't expecting it.

Speaking of Sonic...I could sure go for some Cinnasnacks

ATRAIN
05-23-2008, 12:35 PM
That's the creepiest damn shit. I don't remember tipping in a restroom much recently, but I think I tossed a buck in when I was handed a towel and had some soap squeezed at some club.

I hate that shit, but I do tip when he gives me a spray of cologne and a smoke(I don't smoke usually but if im really drunk ill say ok)

mrsmaalox
05-23-2008, 12:36 PM
I usually do. I either let them keep the coin change (unless it's less than .50) or I'll just give them a dollar. And they are almost always very appreciative, like they weren't expecting it.

Never had them. But Happy Hour starts at 2 and I'm ready for a lime slush!

ATRAIN
05-23-2008, 12:37 PM

Ok yeah ill do that, Ill let them keep the change just because I hate having loose change. I just thought it was funny that the girl wouldnt leave, she was still standing there when I drove off. Im glad I didnt give her crap, she didnt even give me mints.

ATRAIN
05-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Never had them. But Happy Hour starts at 2 and I'm ready for a lime slush!

Sonic has a happy hour?

to21
05-23-2008, 12:39 PM

curtismedellin
05-23-2008, 12:41 PM
WTF its not a point if you can or can't afford it, its fucking fast food. In a place where they actually serve me and take time to see if I need more water, or bread or something then yeah ill tip no less than 20%.

Fuckin chill dude. You wanna tip or not tip at Sonic is your buisiness, but don't campaign to stop those who do.

mrsmaalox
05-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Sonic has a happy hour?

Hell yea! Half price sodas, limeades and slushes from 2-4!

ATRAIN
05-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Fuckin chill dude. You wanna tip or not tip at Sonic is your buisiness, but don't campaign to stop those who do.

Sorry the roids........nah man im cool, but with your response it seemed like you said I do it because I can afford it. I can afford it too, I don't think that is why people do or do not do it.

ATRAIN
05-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Hell yea! Half price sodas, limeades and slushes from 2-4!

LOL really, wow I never knew this, but then again I don't go to sonic often. I try to stay away from junkfood/fastfood. Plus id rather go to a real happy hour.

curtismedellin
05-23-2008, 12:46 PM
Sorry the roids........nah man im cool, but with your response it seemed like you said I do it because I can afford it. I can afford it too, I don't think that is why people do or do not do it.

Cool.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-23-2008, 12:47 PM
I've brought this up before, but I honestly wonder how much money Sonic carhops have lost since they started with the card readers at the order stall. The last time I went to Sonic, the carhop (very pleasant) asked if I needed condiments while handing me my food, but after I declined and she handed the food off, she said, "bye," and walked away.

ATRAIN
05-23-2008, 12:49 PM
I've brought this up before, but I honestly wonder how much money Sonic carhops have lost since they started with the card readers at the order stall. The last time I went to Sonic, the carhop (very pleasant) asked if I needed condiments while handing me my food, but after I declined and she handed the food off, she said, "bye," and walked away.

They might have given up on the card users except the girl today. I was thinking does she want to go to the atm and get her money. Either that or she wanted me to ask her out of something, which is possible.

ATRAIN
05-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Cool.

So on to my 2nd question, do you tip in bathrooms?

BacktoBasics
05-23-2008, 12:55 PM
I tip people who earn tipping indicative wages. Like waitstaff and so forth. Sonic employees earn a real hourly wage. If I tip its no more than a buck or so. Make no mistake about it though the people of Spurstalk are some cheap ass no tipping whiners.

People who handle my person get tipped as well. Hair people are people too they take care of the people who take care of them. Shitty tipper or shitty customers get the quick trim and out you go. I prefer someone who takes their time and I'm more than willing to pay for it.

ATRAIN
05-23-2008, 12:59 PM
I tip people who earn tipping indicative wages. Like waitstaff and so forth. Sonic employees earn a real hourly wage. If I tip its no more than a buck or so. Make no mistake about it though the people of Spurstalk are some cheap ass no tipping whiners.

People who handle my person get tipped as well. Hair people are people too they take care of the people who take care of them. Shitty tipper or shitty customers get the quick trim and out you go. I prefer someone who takes their time and I'm more than willing to pay for it.

Yeah I tip hair people pretty good actually. I guess I tip when someone is providing me a service or special attention. If they lived on tips like waiters or bartenders then yeah im all about it. B2B nailed it for me, if they are hourly wage employees they shouldn't get tipped. If anyone deserves to get tipped at sonic its the person who actually prepared your meal.

ChumpDumper
05-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Maybe a dollar if she's cute.More is she's in shorts and on roller skates.

mrsmaalox
05-23-2008, 01:02 PM
I do NOT tip anyone who has a jar with a label that says "Tips Accepted" next to the register.

to21
05-23-2008, 01:13 PM
I do NOT tip anyone who has a jar with a label that says "Tips Accepted" next to the register.Ur mean.....then take down the one you have on your nightstand.

ATRAIN
05-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Ur mean.....then take down the one you have on your nightstand.

Oh shit hahaha LMAO

Spurfect
05-23-2008, 01:22 PM
I used to tip at Sonic but now I really don't since I mostly use the credit card machine. most of the time i go I spend like 5 bucks or less anyway, so.. I'm not gonna tip a dollar for something that's less than 5 bucks

florige
05-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Yeah I tip hair people pretty good actually. I guess I tip when someone is providing me a service or special attention. If they lived on tips like waiters or bartenders then yeah im all about it. B2B nailed it for me, if they are hourly wage employees they shouldn't get tipped. If anyone deserves to get tipped at sonic its the person who actually prepared your meal.

Tipping your bartenders is ALWAYS a good thing. Especially if you are a regular. I had this one waitress bring me a total bill that said $0 on it one time.

leemajors
05-23-2008, 01:34 PM
I used to tip at Sonic but now I really don't since I mostly use the credit card machine. most of the time i go I spend like 5 bucks or less anyway, so.. I'm not gonna tip a dollar for something that's less than 5 bucks

I guess you order top shelf all the time.

atxrocker
05-23-2008, 01:39 PM
I guess you order top shelf all the time.

:lmao

atxrocker
05-23-2008, 01:41 PM

:tu

otherwise i just let them keep the loose change

J.T.
05-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Do you tip the crack head working at McDonalds who hands you the bag at the drive thru? No.

mrsmaalox
05-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Ur mean.....then take down the one you have on your nightstand.

Oh shit hahaha LMAO

You 2 sure are going out of your way to get attention from me. :loser

peewee's lovechild
05-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Hey Peewee Curtis said you can't afford it.

He's right.

to21
05-23-2008, 03:18 PM
You 2 sure are going out of your way to get attention from me. :loser:toast

baseline bum
05-23-2008, 04:09 PM

My brother tells me his high school friends who worked at Sonic pulled the $2.15/hour rate, which is bullshit. So Sonic's so cheap they expect the customer to pay their labor costs.

There's no way I'm going to tip on fast food. You tip a server, not a person who walks 10 feet to bring your meal. Sonic is expensive for fast food as it is, it's pretty low quality, and you're expected to pay their labor on top of it? Fuck that.

BathroomAttendantGuy
05-23-2008, 04:13 PM

In gentlemen clubs I do pretty good.

jman3000
05-23-2008, 04:18 PM
if my change has dollar and some change in it ill just tell them to keep it.... also helps if she's cute.

jman3000
05-23-2008, 04:18 PM
dudes will not get tipped.

Don Quixote
05-23-2008, 05:52 PM
My sister was in a Sonic commercial when she was in high school.

She came to the shoot expecting to be on roller skates and all. I think she ended up being dressed up as a hot dog.

At least she got to be on TV.

Don Quixote
05-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Nice Guy Eddie: C'mon, throw in a buck!
Mr. Pink: Uh-uh, I don't tip.
Nice Guy Eddie: You don't tip?
Mr. Pink: Nah, I don't believe in it.
Nice Guy Eddie: You don't believe in tipping?
Mr. Blue: You know what these chicks make? They make shit.
Mr. Pink: Don't give me that. She don't make enough money that she can quit.
Nice Guy Eddie: I don't even know a fucking Jew who'd have the balls to say that. Let me get this straight: you don't ever tip?
Mr. Pink: I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.
Mr. Blue: Hey, our girl was nice.
Mr. Pink: She was okay. She wasn't anything special.
Mr. Blue: What's special? Take you in the back and suck your dick?
Nice Guy Eddie: I'd go over twelve percent for that.

BigZak
05-23-2008, 05:53 PM
i'll have a buck ready...least i can do for some tater tots and a look the other way when the window roll down smoke hits their faces...

Nbadan
05-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Quick and simple rules for tipping: If you order food delivered, then tip, otherwise, get your fat ass out of your coach and go pick it up....as far as tipping at Sonic, if your not gonna tip, then go somewhere else....otherwise slip the chick a dollar you cheap bastards...

baseline bum
05-24-2008, 12:21 AM
Quick and simple rules for tipping: If you order food delivered, then tip, otherwise, get your fat ass out of your coach and go pick it up....as far as tipping at Sonic, if your not gonna tip, then go somewhere else....otherwise slip the chick a dollar you cheap bastards...

Why should customers pay the company's labor costs when none of that is offset by the prices charged, and when there is no service being given? I see lots of Sonics don't offer a drive-thru just so they can get away with paying their workers $2.15 an hour. What a fucking joke.

Bringing your food out the door is not service. It's an exchange. You tip the pizza man because he drives your pizza over. You tip a waiter because he comes by to refill your drinks, checks if the meal is ok, sees if you want dessert, cleans your menus and finished plates off the table, and so on.

The best option is to just tell Sonic to fuck off, and go spend your money at Whataburger instead. No way I am going to support a cheap-ass company like that.

Dex
05-24-2008, 03:08 AM
Not unless the bellhop is hot. :lol

Seriously though, I usually don't. For one thing, these people are receiving a full wage, albeit not a good one. They're still making more than minimum wage usually, whereas waiters / waitresses are lucky to make over three bucks an hour and literally live off of their tips.

Furthermore, a waitress actually has to TAKE CARE of you for like half an hour. Check on you, refill you drinks, attend to your table, etc...All a bellhop has to do is walk a bag of food 20 fucking feet, and they usually have an attitude about it.

So if you wanted a short answer, then you're not gonna get it.

Solid D
05-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Yes, I tip @ Sonic. I also tip at buffet's where you get up and get your own food and the server just brings you your drink.

I tip for Haircuts, shoe shines, you name it.

TDMVPDPOY
05-24-2008, 08:18 AM

wanna trade? ur cinnamon buns for my cinnamon snack....deal or no deal?

j-6
05-24-2008, 08:47 AM
I'm sure I've said this before, but Sonic girls get a buck from me every time, and like Chump, more if she's on skates. I don't particularly care if other people don't tip, either. I can afford an effing single and you cheapskates make my dinky dollar more significant to the recipient.

mrsmaalox
05-24-2008, 09:25 AM

Seriously though, I usually don't. For one thing, these people are receiving a full wage, albeit not a good one. They're still making more than minimum wage usually, whereas waiters / waitresses are lucky to make over three bucks an hour and literally live off of their tips.

Furthermore, a waitress actually has to TAKE CARE of you for like half an hour. Check on you, refill you drinks, attend to your table, etc...All a bellhop has to do is walk a bag of food 20 fucking feet, and they usually have an attitude about it.

Most fast food employees do not make minimum wage. Those places hire mostly kids and skimp by making them all part-time employees. The only full-timers would be mangement.

baseline bum
05-24-2008, 11:31 AM

Are people not reading or something? Some Sonics don't pay their workers anything other than the waiter's wage.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Last night I went to Sonic with some friends and the bill came out to $13.57 and I gave the worker $15.57 and she purposely gave me only 1 dollar back. So I guess if you're not gonna give them tips, they're gonna start trying to find a way to get it themselves.

SAGambler
05-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Last night I went to Sonic with some friends and the bill came out to $13.57 and I gave the worker $15.57 and she purposely gave me only 1 dollar back. So I guess if you're not gonna give them tips, they're gonna start trying to find a way to get it themselves.

May have more to do with her math skills than trying to cheat you out of a buck. I'm convinced most of these people couldn't do math in their heads if their lives depended on it.

Heath Ledger
05-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Since we're on the Reservoir Dogs diner conversation...

http://b0.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01111/01/75/1111865710_l.jpg

mrsmaalox
05-24-2008, 02:15 PM
May have more to do with her math skills than trying to cheat you out of a buck. I'm convinced most of these people couldn't do math in their heads if their lives depended on it.

Really. About a year ago my kids and I were at the MacDonald's in our area when they had a computer problem. The manager went right to the drive thru with a calculator and started working on orders. The kids at the counter,however, totally lost it! Some people were in the middle of paying and started adding up their orders and counting out money to them and they kept saying, "no we can't do it that way"! We were still in line when one of the girls told us "Ma'am, there's a Whataburger across the street you can go to". :lmao

Dex
05-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Are people not reading or something? Some Sonics don't pay their workers anything other than the waiter's wage.

I guess I could be misinformed then, but the few people I hung around with in high school who worked at Sonic made at least 5.50. Usually around $6.00.

Which is, coincidentally, the same wage I was making working as a bagger at HEB my freshman year. And we were told to turn down any tips that were offered to us, because we were being paid a 'full' wage.

On the same note when I worked in retail, I also had to deal with only getting part-time hours and never really making a full paycheck. It's a stigma that goes along with pretty much any high school job, and most high schoolers can't stand working more than 20 hours a week anyways. You know what the smart thing to do is if they don't like it? Go out and get a better frickin' job.

Like I said, if the people aren't getting at least minimum wage for the time they are working, then I can completely understand the beef (pun intended). It's a different story if they are depending on the tips to get paid.

But I still say there is a big difference between a person serving you drinks, taking your order, bringing your food, checking up on you, refilling, and bringing your check...as opposed to having to put wrapped food in a bag and walk it from point A to point B.

Even I will throw them a buck every now and then if they bring the food out quick and get it right, but I think expecting a full tip for that is a bit much.

O-Factor
05-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Yes or no and why? I ordered today and paid with the little card thing and the chick was waiting for me to give her a tip. I didnt have cash and didnt tip her. I know we have discussed tipping before.

Don't be a cheap ass

:nope

PacerFan
05-24-2008, 06:21 PM
As someone who has worked at a similar type restaurant years ago, the tips are very much appreciated.

baseline bum
05-24-2008, 06:53 PM
I guess I could be misinformed then, but the few people I hung around with in high school who worked at Sonic made at least 5.50. Usually around $6.00.

Which is, coincidentally, the same wage I was making working as a bagger at HEB my freshman year. And we were told to turn down any tips that were offered to us, because we were being paid a 'full' wage.

On the same note when I worked in retail, I also had to deal with only getting part-time hours and never really making a full paycheck. It's a stigma that goes along with pretty much any high school job, and most high schoolers can't stand working more than 20 hours a week anyways. You know what the smart thing to do is if they don't like it? Go out and get a better frickin' job.

Like I said, if the people aren't getting at least minimum wage for the time they are working, then I can completely understand the beef (pun intended). It's a different story if they are depending on the tips to get paid.

But I still say there is a big difference between a person serving you drinks, taking your order, bringing your food, checking up on you, refilling, and bringing your check...as opposed to having to put wrapped food in a bag and walk it from point A to point B.

Even I will throw them a buck every now and then if they bring the food out quick and get it right, but I think expecting a full tip for that is a bit much.

The one in my neighborhood pays waiter wages, and has no drive thru.

ChumpDumper
05-24-2008, 07:03 PM
I tip everywhere.

Makes me feel like a big shot.

Nbadan
05-24-2008, 08:17 PM
....you get what you pay for....people who don't tip better hope that the Sonic chick doesn't remember them the next time....that's all I'm saying....

sa_kid20
05-24-2008, 09:53 PM
The Sonic by my house has a dining area so i usually just go inside but i've never given a tip when i don't go inside to eat.

Burn531
05-24-2008, 10:48 PM
I never tip at fast food.

tlongII
05-25-2008, 01:03 AM
I never tip at fast food.

Me neither. Takes too long.

Don Quixote
05-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Since we're on the Reservoir Dogs diner conversation...

http://b0.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01111/01/75/1111865710_l.jpg

MR. WHITE
Look, I ordered coffee. Now we've
been here a long fuckin time, and
she's only filled my cup three
times. When I order coffee, I
want it filled six times.

MR. BLONDE
What if she's too busy?

MR. WHITE
The words "too busy" shouldn't be
in a waitress's vocabulary.

NICE GUY EDDIE
Excuse me, Mr. White, but the last
thing you need is another cup of
coffee.

They all laugh.

MR. WHITE
These ladies aren't starvin to
death. They make minimum wage.
When I worked for minimum wage, I
wasn't lucky enough to have a job
that society deemed tipworthy.

NICE GUY EDDIE
Ahh, now we're getting down to it.
It's not just that he's a cheap
bastard--

MR. ORANGE
--It is that too--

NICE GUY EDDIE
--It is that too. But it's also
he couldn't get a waiter job. You
talk like a pissed off dishwasher:
"Fuck those cunts and their
fucking tips."

Don Quixote
05-25-2008, 06:21 PM
MR. BLONDE
So you don't care that they're
counting on your tip to live?

Mr. White rubs two of his fingers together.

MR. WHITE
Do you know what this is? It's
the world's smallest violin,
playing just for the waitresses.

MR. BLONDE
You don't have any idea what
you're talking about. These
people bust their ass. This
is a hard job.

MR. WHITE
So's working at McDonald's, but
you don't feel the need to tip
them. They're servin ya food, you
should tip em. But no, society
says tip these guys over here, but
not those guys over there. That's
bullshit.

MR. ORANGE
They work harder than the kids at
McDonald's.

MR. WHITE
Oh yeah, I don't see them cleaning
fryers.

MR. BROWN
These people are taxed on the tips
they make. When you stiff 'em,
you cost them money.

MR. BLONDE
Waitressing is the number one
occupation for female non-college
graduates in this country. It's
the one jab basically any woman
can get, and make a living on.
The reason is because of tips.

MR. WHITE
Fuck all that.

They all laugh.

MR. WHITE
Hey, I'm very sorry that the
government taxes their tips.
That's fucked up. But that ain't
my fault. it would appear that
waitresses are just one of the
many groups the government fucks
in the ass on a regular basis.
You show me a paper says the
government shouldn't do that, I'll
sign it. Put it to a vote, I'll
vote for it. But what I won't do
is play ball. And this non-
college bullshit you're telling
me, I got two words for that:
"Learn to fuckin type." Cause if
you're expecting me to help out
with the rent, you're in for a big
fuckin surprise.

MR. ORANGE
He's convinced me. Give me my
dollar back.

JustSpurs
05-26-2008, 12:48 AM
I tip at Sonic. What I really despise is tipping at Starbucks.

spursfor5
05-26-2008, 02:44 AM
Well I went to the Sonic here in Round Rock for a quick Route 44 cherry slush during halftime today and had every intention on tipping the car-hop until they made me aware that their slush machine was broken. I took time to go to Sonic for a famous slush and they couldn't make one so hell no I didn't tip. But most times I just tell them to keep the change, up to a dollar.

TDMVPDPOY
05-26-2008, 06:37 AM
one thing about asians is that we dont like to tip, but when we have money and peer pressure and wanna showoff our wealth for the day, we spend big.....then you wont see us for a week or month or year....

ATRAIN
05-26-2008, 07:01 AM
one thing about asians is that we dont like to tip, but when we have money and peer pressure and wanna showoff our wealth for the day, we spend big.....then you wont see us for a week or month or year....

LOL im not even going to comment on this but I believe you.

Das Texan
05-26-2008, 10:03 AM
to answer the question:

hell no, thank god for the credit card machine.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-26-2008, 10:49 AM
I tip everywhere.

Makes me feel like a big shot.

In Oz we only tip for good service because we have a high mandated minimum wage ($12 for fast food!). Go to a nice restaurant and you tip.

But when I'm in America, I like to feel like a big shot as CD said, so I wander around with a big roll of $1s just flicking them at random people and smiling. :lmao

CubanMustGo
05-26-2008, 10:52 AM
In Oz we only tip for good service because we have a high mandated minimum wage ($12 for fast food!). Go to a nice restaurant and you tip.

But when I'm in America, I like to feel like a big shot as CD said, so I wander around with a big roll of $1s just flicking them at random people and smiling. :lmao

Gotta say that this is just one of the many things I have appreciated on my journeys to Oz. :tu

TDMVPDPOY
05-26-2008, 11:07 AM

the minimum wage in aus, also depends on ur age and what field you work in...if you work in retail and under 18 yrs old, you get paid shit compared to someone working in mcdonalds or a fast food restaurant at the same age.

stuff tipping, those coins = petrol money

Southwest Texas Fan
05-26-2008, 05:57 PM
I tip every once and awhile.

MI21
05-26-2008, 11:00 PM

Really? I've been to a few nice restaurants lately and I've never seen anyone tip. I've never tipped, my girlfriend hasn't and I don't think my buddies do.

Avitus1
05-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Nope.

TDMVPDPOY
05-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Really? I've been to a few nice restaurants lately and I've never seen anyone tip. I've never tipped, my girlfriend hasn't and I don't think my buddies do.

in australia its not compulsory to tipped

possessed
05-27-2008, 12:47 AM
Who tips at a fast food place? I'll bet most of these places have a policy that doesn't allow workers to keep tips, it just ends up as a register overage.

I'm sure Sonic really needs that extra buck to stay afloat.

Jimcs50
05-27-2008, 11:37 AM
I tip at least $5 for everything....so yes.

ATRAIN
05-27-2008, 11:43 AM
I tip at least $5 for everything....so yes.

So if you order a 99 cent coney, you will give the 6 bucks and leave?

Dex
05-27-2008, 01:32 PM
to answer the question:

hell no, thank god for the credit card machine.

See, this is another problem!

A lot of these Sonics are putting in these credit card machines. Most people don't feel obliged to tip when they use the card. Hell, a lot of people won't even have cash ON them if they are using the card.

I'm sure bellhops have seen a significant decrease in tips since these things have been installed. And I would still be amazed to find out that they are getting a comparable amount of tips to a waiter or waitress.

I'll admit, I feel bad for not tipping now, but I think it's more of a problem that they are making these people live on tips and not giving them a full wage. Because as this post goes to show, the general consensus is usually not to tip them. As far as I ever was aware, you got your crappy minimum wage, and the tips was one of the few benefits to working at Sonic. Apparently, some chains are even taking that away.

I'll probably start tipping, dammit. Fortunately, I don't eat at Sonic often enough to care anymore, anyways.