PDA

View Full Version : If Kobe starts playing from the start of the game....

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Ok so the Spurs cant beat the Lakers when Kobe only plays a Quater and a half....so if Kobe starts scoring from the start the Lakers can probably blow them out by halftime.....

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 12:31 PM
That's a really big IF...

hater
05-23-2008, 12:33 PM
good thinking.

Discoflux
05-23-2008, 12:35 PM
I wish it worked like that but the Lakers always play better for the full 48 when Kobe lays back and just picks his spots carefully rather than taking over.

Only Lakers fans and ex-Jordan fans know the joy of watching our MVP take over in the 4th. It is beautiful like a masterpiece painting, my nipples get so hard.

O-Factor
05-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Ok so the Spurs cant beat the Lakers when Kobe only plays a Quater and a half....so if Kobe starts scoring from the start the Lakers can probably blow them out by halftime.....

:lmao @ the thoughts of a "casual" NBA fan.

rAm
05-23-2008, 12:36 PM

Why should any Laker fan be proud of that shot? It was illegal.

rAm
05-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Dan?

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Hey Discoflux I remember you from that Jazz forum last week...
Yea its better when he goes 30 points, 8 assists and 7 rebounds then when he goes for 50 points, 3 assists, etc...
but I do think he made to many unforced errors trying to be too generous....he had some open shots that he passed up....I would be happy is scored 10 to 15 popints in the first half without those turnovers

Zero Point Four
05-23-2008, 12:38 PM

Kobe is bound by his own conscience to not completely destroy the league.
If he played to his full potential for the whole 48 minutes, the competitive nature of the NBA would be destroyed. If Ironman played pro basketball, his name would be Kobe Bryant.

So in order to have customers returning, Kobe really can't play that hard.

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 12:39 PM
I wish it worked like that but the Lakers always play better for the full 48 when Kobe lays back and just picks his spots carefully rather than taking over.

Only Lakers fans and ex-Jordan fans know the joy of watching our MVP take over in the 4th. It is beautiful like a masterpiece painting, my nipples get so hard.

If you go back and check my post at halftime of Game 1, I warned everyone that the Mamba was still lurking and ready to strike...I knew the game wasn't over...not by a long shot...still, had the Spurs just hit a couple more of their shots, they would have won the game. This is gonna be a tough series...I don't expect any blowouts either way.

Spurs in 6. :flag:

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 12:40 PM
If he played to his full potential for the whole 48 minutes, the competitive nature of the NBA would be destroyed. If Ironman played pro basketball, his name would be Kobe Bryant.

No...Kobe can't win a title without Shaq...and the streak will continue this year.

shelshor
05-23-2008, 12:41 PM
One of these days KoMe, the Baron Munchausen of basketball, is gonna wait to long, hoping for a even more dramatic rescue, and totally screw the Flakers

Kahn Souphanousinphone
05-23-2008, 12:42 PM

.4 SECONDS HA HA VERY FUNNY

SO STUPID REDNECK TELL ME HOW DID YOU DO IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

GEE YOU REDNECKS ARE DUMB

dbreiden83080
05-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Whatever Kobe does it is not going to be vastly better than what Paul did to us. He was unreal in that series, putting up 35 and like 15 assists a game in some of those games NO won. So Kobe can go nuts and we can still beat the Lakers.

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Who says Im a white person.....for a Laotian in this country you are pretty racist

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Whatever Kobe does it is not going to be vastly better than what Paul did to us. He was unreal in that series, putting up 35 and like 15 assists a game in some of those games NO won. So Kobe can go nuts and we can still beat the Lakers.

WERD...CP3 is a fucking MACHINE...he could score at will, spread the floor with his passing, and he didn't turn the ball over despite his aggressive play...and he's only gonna get better...coupled with West's devastating outside shooting, the future looks very bright indeed for the Hornets. :toast

I'm not worried at all about the Lakers.

xtremesteven33
05-23-2008, 12:52 PM
kobe sticks his foot in his mouth by saying "i can get off whenever i want"....Bowen owns him from now on

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Haha..Bowen owns him....let's see about that...He can play up close to Kobe and use his strenght but when Kobe decides to take over the game Bowen looks like any other defender...did you see the last shot Kobe made...he just drove past Bowen and brushed him off at the freethrow line for that sweet little mid range shot

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Haha..Bowen owns him....let's see about that...He can play up close to Kobe and use his strenght but when Kobe decides to take over the game Bowen looks like any other defender...did you see the last shot Kobe made...he just drove past Bowen and brushed him off at the freethrow line for that sweet little mid range shot

That's called "avoiding the AND 1 that Kobe would've surely gotten had Bowen touched him on that play".

MadDog73
05-23-2008, 01:02 PM
I just hope Kobe really thinks he can coast through this series and win at will.

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Kobe knows how tough you guys are and he will make sure he carries tha Lakers to a win....all he cares about is championships and he can smell this one....no way he lest up until the ring is his...and the scary part fo you guys is that the Spurs and Spurs fans know this too.....

Nahtanoj
05-23-2008, 01:13 PM
I believe Kobe will be in attack mode all game, not sleepwalk through the first 30 minutes like in Game 1. The offense should go through him, as evident in Game 1, every time the the ball went to him it was assist/open shot/layup/Kobebasket/freethrows for the Lakers.. unlike the first half most of the time they either ignored him or he over-sloppy-passed.

dbreiden83080
05-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Kobe knows how tough you guys are and he will make sure he carries tha Lakers to a win....all he cares about is championships and he can smell this one....no way he lest up until the ring is his...and the scary part fo you guys is that the Spurs and Spurs fans know this too.....

I got news for you, Duncan can smell the title too. 3 in the last 5 and he is just 8 wins away from that repeat. 30 and 18 in game 1 and if he gets more help you guys are in trouble.

GrandeDavid
05-23-2008, 01:17 PM

Oh, and I suppose that guy many in the media call perhaps the greatest player of this generation, Mr. Tim Duncan, wouldn't have a say in that? Dude, if Manu were near full health, I'm sure that he, alone, would tear up the Laker interior. And watch out for Tony Parker tonight. Fool.

I say let Kobe score at will but shut down the rest. Go to the Amare strategy.

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 01:18 PM
He might be 8 games away but wer are only 7 games away....and Kobe is way more hungry than Duncan..plus at Kobe's age he can do more to carry the team to the championship then can Duncan at his age....I mean I know how great Duncan is but at his age he must rely on his supporting cast more during the last minutes of a game...did you see how he looked old at the end...alot of missed easy shots..

sa_kid20
05-23-2008, 01:19 PM

Dude take of your homer glasses. You act like Manu had a great game and we actually got something from our bench and still loss. The world doesn't revolve around Kobe you idiot.

beachwood
05-23-2008, 01:21 PM

yeah dude, like the score like will be 100-0 and stuff. Cuz like, the Spurs are old and like, don't know how to play defense. And Bowen is like overrated and like the Lakers are like the greatest team EVER. Like totally dude, i'm with you. I'm like predicting the score to be like 150-5 and the Lakers are like going to shoot 120% and stuff.

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Wow thats what you guys think all people from LA talk...like totally dude....
Like you knwo like the Lakers will win game 2 and like you guys will say that you did it against the Hornets and like no worries....

Remember that you guys had a hard time beating us everytime we played you in the playoffs....Im not saying we will dominate but we sure do have a good chance of beating you guys and you know that this is the team you worried about playing when the playoffs started...like Ok....idiot

CosmicCowboy
05-23-2008, 01:29 PM
kobe sticks his foot in his mouth by saying "i can get off whenever i want"...

you guys misunderstood him. He was talking about tapping Laker girls...:lol

gemfow
05-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Don't get ahead of yourself, with this post. Just because we won the game doesn't mean the Spurs can't win the series. I have total respect for the Spurs and what they have accomplished, I think more people should respect these guys also.

dbreiden83080
05-23-2008, 01:31 PM
He might be 8 games away but wer are only 7 games away....and Kobe is way more hungry than Duncan..plus at Kobe's age he can do more to carry the team to the championship then can Duncan at his age....I mean I know how great Duncan is but at his age he must rely on his supporting cast more during the last minutes of a game...did you see how he looked old at the end...alot of missed easy shots..

Duncan is only 32, Kobe is closing in on 30. He is not so old he can't dominate the hell out of the Lakers for 6 or 7 games. Gasol is a terrible low post defender he can't check him to save his life. Duncan is a bigger force on the game than Kobe is when he is at his best because of his defensive prowess. When Tim is on, he is dominating the block on D, getting 15 plus Reb and either scoring like crazy, when he is single covered or doubled and getting a shooter a wide open shot as he is great passing out of the double. Kobe is a great defender as well but his D does not have the impact on the game that Duncan's does, if Tim has a monster series here, I like our chances.

Say-Townbball
05-23-2008, 01:32 PM

The best thing about Kobe this season is him getting everyone else involved.

So. Let him go back to his old ways. Score 35+ points while his supporting cast goes cold

Love your plan.

sa_kid20
05-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Remember that you guys had a hard time beating us everytime we played you in the playoffs....

The Lakers only have TWO players left from the last time we played you in the playoffs. That shit doesn't even matter.

dbreiden83080
05-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Remember that you guys had a hard time beating us everytime we played you in the playoffs....Im not saying we will dominate but we sure do have a good chance of beating you guys and you know that this is the team you worried about playing when the playoffs started...like Ok....idiot

Who is us, Fisher and Kobe, everyone else is gone

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Duncan is only 32, Kobe is closing in on 30. He is not so old he can't dominate the hell out of the Lakers for 6 or 7 games. Gasol is a terrible low post defender he can't check him to save his life. Duncan is a bigger force on the game than Kobe is when he is at his best because of his defensive prowess. When Tim is on, he is dominating the block on D, getting 15 plus Reb and either scoring like crazy, when he is single covered or doubled and getting a shooter a wide open shot as he is great passing out of the double. Kobe is a great defender as well but his D does not have the impact on the game that Duncan's does, if Tim has a monster series here, I like our chances.

I agree with you on almost every point except about Duncan dominating more than Kobe. I agree that most of the time a Big Man has more impact then a guard but Kobe can do so much too.. His help defense, his passing ability on the post and his streak shooting are all things he can do to dominate....plus he can get to the foul line and kncok down 20 in a row...something duncan has never been able to do..

beachwood
05-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Like you knwo like the Lakers will win game 2 and like you guys will say that you did it against the Hornets and like no worries....

I live in LA and I think your analysis was juvenile.

SPARKY
05-23-2008, 01:43 PM

That's rather stupid.

PerforatedNeckline
05-23-2008, 01:45 PM
what if kobe starts playing hard BEFORE the game?! the game'll probably be over before it even tips off!

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 01:46 PM
I live in LA and I think your analysis was juvenile.

Much better.....yes this thread was more of a joke...I know the Lakers play way better when Kobe distributes and scores late...
but this thread is way better than most of these Kobe hating threads....

Say-Townbball
05-23-2008, 01:46 PM
what if kobe starts playing hard BEFORE the game?! the game'll probably be over before it even tips off!

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

beachwood
05-23-2008, 02:00 PM

It's 6 hours till tip off and Kobe has 15 points on 6 for 8 shooting already.

Zero Point Four
05-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Oh, and I suppose that guy many in the media call perhaps the greatest player of this generation, Mr. Tim Duncan, wouldn't have a say in that? Dude, if Manu were near full health, I'm sure that he, alone, would tear up the Laker interior. And watch out for Tony Parker tonight. Fool.

I say let Kobe score at will but shut down the rest. Go to the Amare strategy.

The greatest player of this generation is Kobe Bryant.
I like Duncan. He is a great player, and an asset to any team.
But the best player we can see now will play tonight.
For the Purple and Gold.

And you do not "let Kobe score at will."
There is no "let."

Kobe scores when Kobe chooses. He distributes when he chooses.

You react to Kobe. Kobe does not react to you.

spurs_007
05-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Thread starter is such a big moron. You should probably go back and look at the box score of the 1st game.
Even after kobe displayed his super human capabilities, Lakers scored 46 points in 2nd half, compared to 43 in first. So here is your answer: if he took over from the beginning, score would have been 92 against 89, and kobe would have scored 50 against 27 he scored now. Spurs didn't lose because of Kobe, they lost because they didn't make shots. Even some open shots.
Defensively Spurs were awesome. All they need to do is make some more shots.

BiZNicK
05-23-2008, 02:44 PM
If that was the case....the Lakers would be undefeated this whole season. Can't rely on just Kobe.

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Haha why are you guys taking the thread so literally......dude the last thing any Laker fan wants is for Kobe to take 30 shots....I rather see him take 15-20 and carry the team late......Spurs fans are really on edge right now....no worries...its only Game 1

spurs_007
05-23-2008, 02:55 PM
exactly, its only game 1. Lets talk after game 2.

Rummpd
05-23-2008, 03:49 PM

You ought to be more afraid of what Duncan will do for an encore eating up the soft Lakers. Duncan's performance was every bit as brilliant as Kobe's - the problem is that the SAS went away from him in the 4th and Pop will not let that mistake happen again.

Spurs also still have 3 of the best 4 players on court plus Bowen to keep Kobe relatively in check. Kobe will have one more big game this series but Spurs in 6.

dav4463
05-23-2008, 03:52 PM
The other Lakers get lazy if Kobe takes over too early. It makes them easier to beat.

J21
05-23-2008, 04:03 PM

not in 99

dbreiden83080
05-23-2008, 04:09 PM
The greatest player of this generation is Kobe Bryant.

LOL, based on what exactly?? Kobe's career really begins right now in terms of all time greatness. It will be viewed in 2 parts.

1) What he did as Shaq's sidekick in LA
2) What he did in LA when it was his team to lead

He has had a great year and career but his career is not up there with Duncans right now. Tim has been the MAN on 4 title teams, he has 3 finals MVP's, 2 league MVPs. Kobe has to lead the Lakers to titles to be up there with Tim, he has not done that yet. If Tim played with Shaq in his prime he'd have 10 rings right now.

Discoflux
05-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Hey Discoflux I remember you from that Jazz forum last week...
Yea its better when he goes 30 points, 8 assists and 7 rebounds then when he goes for 50 points, 3 assists, etc...
but I do think he made to many unforced errors trying to be too generous....he had some open shots that he passed up....I would be happy is scored 10 to 15 popints in the first half without those turnovers

You're right... and just so happen to be supporting my point as well. That works out nicely :downspin:

10-15 Kobe points is the same thing as me saying Kobe is picking his spots and doing a lot of facillitating. If he gets 12 points in the first half he has taken maybe 7 shots and gotten to the line 5 times. That is a great way for him to get the feel he needs to take over in the second half.

Isn't it amazing how Kobe operates? I love all the haters on this site. They are so jealous he isn't a spur. I frikn love Kobe as a lifetime Laker. He has gotten better every year and will go down as the greatest ever. He is playing at the highest level the game has every been played at and continues to be a better leader every game. His team is deadly, but it is Kobe himself that is going to be responsible for the final dagger right in the spurs... i can't wait. Tim Duncan's face in disbelief... oh man.

The poor Jazz... they may lose Boozer becuase of his daughter's health... lol, they can't catch a break.

Discoflux
05-23-2008, 04:16 PM

Like, we're from LA, not from, like, the valley