PDA

View Full Version : .4 seconds

thispego
05-23-2008, 12:33 PM
i see alot of laker fans with screen names related to this or are in some way still clinging to this shot.

My question... why? lakers didn't win the cahmpionship that year. That shot basically amounted to nothing. Even Derek Fisher said that the shot ended up meaning nothing because they couldn't go all the way. He said if the Lakers had gone all the way that year it would have been the greatest shot of his life.... Now it's pretty much like sinking a full court shot in practice.. pretty spectacular but ultimataly meaningless.

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 12:36 PM
i see alot of laker fans with screen names related to this or are in some way still clinging to this shot.

My question... why? lakers didn't win the cahmpionship that year. That shot basically amounted to nothing. Even Derek Fisher said that the shot ended up meaning nothing because they couldn't go all the way. He said if the Lakers had gone all the way that year it would have been the greatest shot of his life.... Now it's pretty much like sinking a full court shot in practice.. pretty spectacular but ultimately meaningless.

+1

Sure, it sucked for the Spurs to lose a game like that, but since that shot, the Spurs have won two more titles, and the Lakers none. In that respect, the shot was worthless for the Lakers.

Ghost Writer
05-23-2008, 12:37 PM
That shot should've never gotten off.

1. The SPurs had a foul to give.

2. How the hell do you catch, spin and shoot in less than half a second.

More evidence that the League favors the Lakers.

Lakers Dynasty 2000
05-23-2008, 12:37 PM
I wouldn't say meaningless... but definitely not as big as say his 3 point barrage on SA a few years back ;)

But I get what you're saying...

thispego
05-23-2008, 12:38 PM
+1

Sure, it sucked for the Spurs to lose a game like that, but since that shot, the Spurs have won two more titles, and the Lakers none. In that respect, the shot was worthless for the Lakers.

i think the only reason they love it so much is because it broke our hearts. My heart was immmediately mended though when the Lakers fell to the pIstons. But Laker fans are still holding on... kinda sad for them

rAm
05-23-2008, 12:38 PM

Yea, I don't know why anyone should be proud of that shot, it's illegal.

MadDog73
05-23-2008, 12:40 PM
The truth is, the Spurs didn't lose because of 0.4.

They lost because Tony had no jump shot.

That's all changed now...

Summers
The shot was good; it's been timed. Even The Devil has to obey the rules.

Discoflux
It was a miraculous sports moment in purple and gold.
No reason to discount great moments because of not winning the championship.
Breaking one of our biggest rivals hearts is reward enough.
League favoritism toward the Lakers? Watch the tape. Everything went like clockwork. Typical hater thing to say.

Kahn Souphanousinphone
05-23-2008, 12:41 PM
I wouldn't say meaningless... but definitely not as big as say his 3 point barrage on SA a few years back ;)

But I get what you're saying...

.4 SECONDS HA HA VERY FUNNY

SO STUPID REDNECK TELL ME HOW DID YOU DO IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

GEE YOU REDNECKS ARE DUMB

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Well for this forum it seemed like a great name....maybe I should have put 3peat or 14championships...but 0.4secs sounded good..

thispego
05-23-2008, 12:44 PM

we dont need to discuss how much bullshit the shot was. it's been done. not the point of the thread.

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 12:44 PM
i think the only reason they love it so much is because it broke our hearts. My heart was immmediately mended tough when the Lakers fell to the pIstons. But Laker fans are still holding on... kinda sad for them

Well, it's all they have right now...the Lakers haven't won any titles since 2002. BTW, the 2004 Finals beatdown of the Lakers is one of the many reasons I like the Pistons. :hat

Ghost Writer
05-23-2008, 12:48 PM
we dont need to discuss how much bullshit the shot was. it's been done. not the point of the thread.

What is the point of the thread then?

You got a bunch of Lakers fans paying homage to a shot that should never even happened.

They started the clock after Fisher caught the ball and began contorting to shoot.

You can't catch, spin and shoot in less than half a second.

thispego
05-23-2008, 12:55 PM
It was a miraculous sports moment in purple and gold.
No reason to discount great moments because of not winning the championship.
Breaking one of our biggest rivals hearts is reward enough.
League favoritism toward the Lakers? Watch the tape. Everything went like clockwork. Typical hater thing to say.

4 years ago? yall are still cluthing on to that memory like my baby niece does her blankie

thispego
05-23-2008, 12:58 PM
What is the point of the thread then?

You got a bunch of Lakers fans paying homage to a shot that should never even happened.

They started the clock after Fisher caught the ball and began contorting to shoot.

You can't catch, spin and shoot in less than half a second.

We all know that it is physically impossible to catch, spin, and shoot in .4 seconds. Duncan's shot should have been the last shot with the time expiring completely. that's not what went down for reasons that can't be explained. The point of the thread is to find out why and how and if Lakers fans are (STILL) proud of this shot... even though it ultimately resulted in nothing

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Haha like I said.....its a good name for this forum..Im not clinging to that momet..Im clinging more to 14 chammpionships, a 3 peat and having the best record in the West..also Im clinging to the fact that we won game 1....
but clinging to that shot not really..its just a great name to piss you guys off

thispego
05-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Well for this forum it seemed like a great name....maybe I should have put 3peat or 14championships...but 0.4secs sounded good..

might as well have tried the other names. Those actually mean something in the grand scheme of things

MadDog73
05-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Haha like I said.....its a good name for this forum..Im not clinging to that momet..Im clinging more to 14 chammpionships, a 3 peat and having the best record in the West..also Im clinging to the fact that we won game 1....
but clinging to that shot not really..its just a great name to piss you guys off

Yeah, picking immature names to fuel flame wars is GREAT.

/sarcasm

thispego
05-23-2008, 01:02 PM

that's what makes it so funny. We all stopped being pissed off the second that bullshit lakers squad was dispatched by the Pistons.

rAm
05-23-2008, 01:04 PM
that's what makes it so funny. We all stopped being pissed off the second that bullshit lakers squad was dispatched by the Pistons.

I don't usually like to root against a team just because they beat my team, but damn it felt good to see the pistons win in 5.

MadDog73
and, most Spurs fans realize, .4 didn't cost us the series.

It was one game of 6.

Dopey310
0.4 ruined the Spurs chances of a three peat. I'd say it has plenty of relevance for the Spurs. You're right about the Lakers though, it doesn't mean shit in the bigger picture for us.

0.4secs.Dfish
Wow now thats all you have...you guys were all over me when you thought that my whole life revolved around that shot..now all you can say is haha funny....sarcasm.....remember that you guys arent the class of the league......you guys have along ways to catch us in rings...and yes Boston has more then us but we will catch them and pass them.....

Dopey310
05-23-2008, 01:07 PM
The fact that they created this thread proves its relevance. If that shot doesn't bother the Spurs, why even have this discussion.

hive_attack
05-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Great accomplishments on those 14 championships. Must've been hard work.

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Hornet fans arent aloud to talk crap about any team.....and Im not sure why you are all buddy buddy with the team that beat you guys...

thispego
05-23-2008, 01:12 PM
The fact that they created this thread proves its relevance. If that shot doesn't bother the Spurs, why even have this discussion.

Yeah it bothered me back then with all the controvery surrounding it but that was 4 years ago and i got closure knowing the shot didnt result in a championship for you. I dont even think about it until some Lakers chodes come in here boasting about a shot that didnt amount to shit. Just funny that y'all still cling to it, that's all.

thispego
05-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Wow now thats all you have...you guys were all over me when you thought that my whole life revolved around that shot..now all you can say is haha funny....sarcasm.....remember that you guys arent the class of the league......you guys have along ways to catch us in rings...and yes Boston has more then us but we will catch them and pass them.....

:lmao

thispego
05-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Hornet fans arent aloud to talk crap about any team.....and Im not sure why you are all buddy buddy with the team that beat you guys...

he's not speaking aloud, he's typing silently

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Haha cling? Of all the great moments in Lakers history that shot is not even in the top 100...they reserve those for championships...but for this forum I think .4 secs can be used as a reminder that we are back and you need to worry....

hive_attack
05-23-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm talking crap about you acting like you deserve the credit for your teams success. Pathetic.

thispego
05-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Haha cling? Of all the great moments in Lakers history that shot is not even in the top 100...they reserve those for championships...but for this forum I think .4 secs can be used as a reminder that we are back and you need to worry....

we're the defending champs. you havent won shit in 4 years. Who should be worried?? I'm not... at all, actually

Dopey310
Yeah it bothered me back then with all the controvery surrounding it but that was 4 years ago and i got closure knowing the shot didnt result in a championship for you. I dont even think about it until some Lakers chodes come in here boasting about a shot that didnt amount to shit. Just funny that y'all still cling to it, that's all.

Yea the fact that you needed "closure" is all I needed to know. So why front like it didn't mean anything? That shot was the last memory between the Spurs-Lakers rivalry and since the Spurs and Lakers are playing against each other in the playoffs again, it's obvious why some fans are talking about it.

J.T.
Spurs fans still complaining about the illegality of .4 need to take a long, hard look in the mirror the next time they tell Sunsfan that their boys still had two chances to win the '07 series after the Amare and Diaw suspensions. Spurs still had two games they could have won in that series against LA but they lacked outside shooting for when LA packed the lane on Tony.

LakeShow
05-23-2008, 01:20 PM

:lmao They'll just find something else to bitch about. .04 is appropriate. This is the first time that the lakers have faced the Spurs in the playoffs since that memorable day! The faces on the spurs and fans after ..04 was priceless!

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 01:20 PM
yes I said that I took the Lakers to all those championships....typical talk from a loser teams fan...I would have respected that comment of yours more if it came from a Spurs fan

thispego
05-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Yea the fact that you needed "closure" is all I needed to know. So why front like it didn't mean anything? That shot was the last memory between the Spurs-Lakers rivalry and since the Spurs and Lakers are playing against each other in the playoffs again, it's obvious why some fans are talking about it.

not my last memory between Spurs-Lakers. I remember feigning interest in the big-screen tv showing game 6 while I was looking at naked chicks at my buddy's bachelor party in Houston... but anyways.. yes we needed closure after being essentially knocked out by a bogus .4 second shot. I needed closure that the Miami Heat provided in 2006 after witnessing the most bogusly officiated series in the history of history two rounds earlier.

But as they say... the ball dont lie.

Staff Sgt. Dignam
05-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Karma already slapped the Lakers in the mouth that year because they were thoroughly dismantled in the Finals. That's one of the reasons I respect the Pistons and all of their fans here, because they brought the house down on LA that year.

The Lakers are a bunch of lace curtain, jealous mother fuckers that wish their shitty franchise out there in loser California could be as successful as the C's and the great city of Boston.

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Karma already slapped the Lakers in the mouth that year because they were thoroughly dismantled in the Finals. That's one of the reasons I respect the Pistons and all of their fans here, because they brought the house down on LA that year.

Yup...that "five-game sweep" was awesome! :hat

hive_attack
05-23-2008, 01:27 PM
yes I said that I took the Lakers to all those championships....typical talk from a loser teams fan...I would have respected that comment of yours more if it came from a Spurs fan
A fans credibility is determined by the success of their team? Ok :rolleyes

Dopey310
05-23-2008, 01:28 PM

haha .. That's funny. I'll feel the same way when the Pistons beats that overrated Celtics team this year.:lmao I have no hard feelings towards the Pistons. They fucken kicked our ass that year and they deserved the title.

rAm
05-23-2008, 01:28 PM

Amen

Dopey310
05-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Pistons fans aren't half ass whiny as Spurs fans. Still complaining about the validity of 0.4 makes you a bigger bitch than Suns fans.

rAm
05-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Pistons fans aren't half ass whiny as Spurs fans. Still complaining about the validity of 0.4 makes you a bigger bitch than Suns fans.

Easy to say when you weren't on the receiving end. Can you think of a play that has ever been more controversial?

Dopey310
05-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Umm. how was it controversial? Heart breaking, yeah. The shot was good, show me a video that proves the shot wasn't off in time and you're on to something.

rAm
05-23-2008, 01:46 PM
it was off in time that's no question, but it physically isn't possible to shoot a turn around shot in .4 seconds. I believe the rule is anything under .5 has to be a tip-in or something, I may be mistaken.

You can't just allow the clock to start late due to "human error", there needs to be a rule of what type of shot is allowed to be put up in time frames such as .4 fucking seconds.

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Easy to say when you weren't on the receiving end. Can you think of a play that has ever been more controversial?

Horry's hipcheck of Nash last year? :lol

SPARKY
05-23-2008, 01:48 PM

The biggest bitch is a frontrunning trolling Laker "fan".

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 01:48 PM
yes only controversial in the eyes of the Spurs.....I stopped talking about that shot years ago but when I came to this forum I kept hearing Spurs fans whine about it so I decided to use it...thanks Spurs fans for my username..I would not have thought about it without your help

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 01:50 PM
a more controversial play was Horry not getting ejected for purposely trying to injure David West....He knew what he was trying to do..and you dont lean in on a pick especially when the guy is in the air......
if that was Kobe with the illegal shoulder to the back people would be crying about it for years

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 01:52 PM
a more controversial play was Horry not getting ejected for purposely trying to injure David West....He knew what he was trying to do..and you dont lean in on a pick especially when the guy is in the air......
if that was Kobe with the illegal shoulder to the back people would be crying about it for years

Kobe is too much of a pussy to set a pick on someone the size and strength of David West...he'd get steamrolled.

Dopey310
05-23-2008, 01:58 PM
The biggest bitch is a frontrunning trolling Laker "fan".

Lmao... just because the Lakers have been succesful, we aren't allowed to be fans or something? So since I grew up in the So Cal area I'm not allowed to root for the local team, should I root for the Clippers because that way I won't be a "frontrunner". That's just a fucken lame excuse for bitter fans such as yourself. There's plenty of "frontrunnin" Spurs fans these days as well, I can't blame the die hard Spurs fans for that. That's just how it goes. When a team start winning, they get more badnwaggoners. Doesn't make the fans that were there from the beginning any less of a fan. I started rooting for the Lakers when Eddie Jones was drafted, we weren't winning shit at the time and I was too young to watch the Showtime Lakers. Fans don't need to fucken apologize because the team that they root for is successful. They're just lucky to be along for the ride.

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 02:00 PM
It doesnt take a courageous man to set a back pick on someone who isnt even looking and is up in the air........
typical Spurs play....i.e Horry on Nash.....

SPARKY
05-23-2008, 02:00 PM
eh, this isn't about the success of a particular franchise, even though it's been 6 years since that franchise last managed to win a championship. It's about little douchebags such as yourself trolling in this forum and posting stupid shit. I guess you're "winning" something by doing so.

I'd hope so, because odds are you don't have much else going for you.

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Lmao... just because the Lakers have been succesful, we aren't allowed to be fans or something? So since I grew up in the So Cal area I'm not allowed to root for the local team, should I root for the Clippers because that way I won't be a "frontrunner". That's just a fucken lame excuse for bitter fans such as yourself. There's plenty of "frontrunnin" Spurs fans these days as well, I can't blame the die hard Spurs fans for that. That's just how it goes. When a team start winning, they get more badnwaggoners. Doesn't make the fans that were there from the beginning any less of a fan. I started rooting for the Lakers when Eddie Jones was drafted, we weren't winning shit at the time and I was too young to watch the Showtime Lakers. Fans don't need to fucken apologize because the team that they root for is successful. They're just lucky to be along for the ride.

I think most of the Spurs fans on this board are long-time fans, not frontrunners.

LakeShow
05-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Kobe is too much of a pussy to set a pick on someone the size and strength of David West...he'd get steamrolled.

no bigger pussy in the league than this girlie guy.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/160/374757431_9e7e611dbd.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/39453023@N00/374757431/)Jesus, Manu...where doesn't it hurt?!

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 02:03 PM
It doesnt take a courageous man to set a back pick on someone who isnt even looking and is up in the air........

Hey...whatever it takes...I'm sure Horry has a few things waiting for the Lakers in this series... :hat

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 02:04 PM
no bigger pussy in the league than this girlie guy.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/160/374757431_9e7e611dbd.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/39453023@N00/374757431/)Jesus, Manu...where doesn't it hurt?!

On the contrary, Manu is a man's man...he'll pound and drive and get bloodied in order to win...he's not a primadonna bitch like Kobe...

Dopey310
05-23-2008, 02:08 PM
eh, this isn't about the success of a particular franchise, even though it's been 6 years since that franchise last managed to win a championship. It's about little douchebags such as yourself trolling in this forum and posting stupid shit. I guess you're "winning" something by doing so.

I'd hope so, because odds are you don't have much else going for you.

Attacking me doesn't make your point any more relevant, just proves what an insecure little bitch you are. Laker fans are dedicated to their team just like Spurs fans are. You're the hypocrite by calling us "frontrunners" then pointing out how we haven't "done shit in 6 years". If the Lakers haven't been successful for so long, what makes us such "frontrunners". You can't have it both ways you fucken moron. :lol

LakeShow
05-23-2008, 02:08 PM
On the contrary, Manu is a man's man...he'll pound and drive and get bloodied in order to win...he's not a primadonna bitch like Kobe...

No man I know lays on the ground in the fetal position when being BITCHED SLAPPED! Manu's a bitch!

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/kobe-elbows-ginobili/2723053793

JamStone
05-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Do Spurs fans completely disregard George Gervin's Spurs career because he never won a championship?

David Robinson's 73 (correct me if I'm wrong, I know it's in the 70s) point game to win the scoring title meaningless because the Spurs didn't win the championship that year?

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Hey...whatever it takes...I'm sure Horry has a few things waiting for the Lakers in this series... :hat

Yes when the Spurs play dirty its just tough physical play but if it happens to them then its a conspiracy against the Spurs....
You call it tough defense I call it dirty plays....
It's funny you guys havent talked bad about Vujacic's defense because he is playing like Ginobbli on defense

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 02:12 PM
No man I know lays on the ground in the fetal position when being BITCHED SLAPPED! Manu's a bitch!

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/kobe-elbows-ginobili/2723053793

First of all, he wasn't in the fetal position, and if Kobe got popped in the eye like that, he'd be crying to the refs to call a Flagrant 2 on the guy...Kobe is a little backstabbing primadonna bitch, and you know it...and he'll never win another ring...book it.

Dopey310
05-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Do Spurs fans completely disregard George Gervin's Spurs career because he never won a championship?

David Robinson's 73 (correct me if I'm wrong, I know it's in the 70s) point game to win the scoring title meaningless because the Spurs didn't win the championship that year?

No , they only use that argument when it's convenient. It's weak. Just like the OP, asking why the Lakers care about 0.4, then admitting he needed "closure" after that shot.:lmao

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 02:19 PM
First of all, he wasn't in the fetal position, and if Kobe got popped in the eye like that, he'd be crying to the refs to call a Flagrant 2 on the guy...Kobe is a little backstabbing primadonna bitch, and you know it...and he'll never win another ring...book it.

I feel sorry for these fans who have such haterd for someone they dont know personally...I hate the Spurs but don't wake up and have the need to thrash any of their players..I guess when you are the best all the haters come out...
How do you know Kobe will never win another ring...and when he does what will your argument against him be...he will never win his 5th???

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 02:20 PM

Hell no we don't diss Gervin...the Iceman is a legend. I'm a Redskins fan, too, and while Sonny Jurgensen never won a Super Bowl, he is widely regarded as one of the greatest Redskins, and NFL QBs, of all time.

DRob entered the NBA in 1989...and you are probably thinking of his 71-point game against the Clippers on the last day of the 1994 season that clinched the scoring title for him over Shaq that year.

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 02:22 PM
I feel sorry for these fans who have such haterd for someone they dont know personally...I hate the Spurs but don't wake up and have the need to thrash any of their players..I guess when you are the best all the haters come out...
How do you know Kobe will never win another ring...and when he does what will your argument against him be...he will never win his 5th???

Dude...it's just smack talk...don't take it so personally...are you Kobe's relative or something???

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 02:26 PM
No , they only use that argument when it's convenient. It's weak. Just like the OP, asking why the Lakers care about 0.4, then admitting he needed "closure" after that shot.:lmao

No, we only use that argument when Lakers fans trot out their "14 Championships", most of which were won before they were even born. :lol

2Cleva
05-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Actually, it was proven that a shot can be taken in less than 0.4.

bzYup6FifRc

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Haha...Im not related to him but I have followed his career since he got here....I was bron the same month and year as Kobe so i though it was cool that were were the same age when he came here..it actually made me feel old...haha
I like trash talking with fans from other teams but I find it boring and childish when all I hear is personal attacks...
I rather here how Kobe sucks cuz his pinkie is crooked or something....haha

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 02:33 PM
I rather here how Kobe sucks cuz his pinkie is crooked or something....haha

Okay...that made me laugh...props... :lol

LakeShow
05-23-2008, 02:33 PM

He was laying on the floor crying in the Fetal position, fucking pussy!

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=172600&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=88&sid=6fe94fa7ad8d33d5320aa98e98475109

Bryant suspended for bitch slapping Ginobili

http://i.sportingnews.com/img/core/icons/article_email.gif (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=172600&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=88&sid=6fe94fa7ad8d33d5320aa98e98475109#)

http://i.sportingnews.com/img/core/icons/rssicon_rss.gif (http://www.sportingnews.com/feeds/)

Posted: January 30, 2007

NEW YORK -- Kobe Bryant was suspended one game without pay by the NBA on Tuesday and missed the Lakers' loss to the Knicks after his long-shot bid for a hearing was denied.
Bryant was penalized for striking San Antonio's Manu Ginobili in the face late in the Lakers' loss to the Spurs on Sunday.

Dopey310
05-23-2008, 02:35 PM
No, we only use that argument when Lakers fans trot out their "14 Championships", most of which were won before they were even born. :lol

:lol I never used the 14 Championship angle , I do use the "we won a three peat and you guys never repeated" because I actually witnessed that. I wish I was around to see Showtime though . Must've been fun. My dad used to tell me stories.

thispego
05-23-2008, 02:39 PM
So we are in agreement here? .4 is old news and lakers fans aren't really proud of it because it didn't result in a championship. They just bring it up now because they think it hurts Spurs fans feeling? Excellent. Thread over.

next topic of discussion coming soon...

fyatuk
05-23-2008, 02:42 PM
it was off in time that's no question, but it physically isn't possible to shoot a turn around shot in .4 seconds. I believe the rule is anything under .5 has to be a tip-in or something, I may be mistaken.

The rule is .3, not .5.

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Actually, it was proven that a shot can be taken in less than 0.4.

bzYup6FifRc

That's neat, but Fisher caught the inbounds pass high up, turned around, then shot...NFW that was in .4 seconds...the clock started late...Lakers got a gift...of course, karma's a bitch...

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 02:44 PM
:lol I never used the 14 Championship angle , I do use the "we won a three peat and you guys never repeated" because I actually witnessed that. I wish I was around to see Showtime though . Must've been fun. My dad used to tell me stories.

Yeah, Magic Johnson was just that...MAGIC...that was an amazing team. :toast

0.4secs.Dfish
05-23-2008, 02:45 PM
So we all agree that the Lakers dont are about .4 secs as much as the Spurs do....

I think this series is a critical series in the Laker-Spurs rivalry.....
yes the Lakers dominated the early 2000's and the Spurs dominated the rest...I think if the Spurs win the championship this year it will guarantee them team of the 2000's but if we win this year and stay competitive the next few years that we will be the dominant team....
just my opinion

rAm
05-23-2008, 02:59 PM

lol, is it even fun being retarded?

hive_attack
05-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Agreed. Btw I hate both teams. I hope for a long enduring 7 game series and whoever comes out of the east is fresh. :toast

SpurOutofTownFan
05-23-2008, 03:02 PM
people are afraid of calling this the right way but the Spurs got robbed that day. If it was another team they would have never allowed that to go in the books as it did.

Tradition
05-23-2008, 03:11 PM
.4 is forgotton about in my book. It doesnt mean shit since the finals assraping. Now Kobe shutting down the Alamodome for good with a game winner and clutch 3 pointers, that is something I like to hang onto. Great moment.:king

SpurOutofTownFan
05-23-2008, 03:15 PM
.4 is forgotton about in my book. It doesnt mean shit since the finals assraping. Now Kobe shutting down the Alamodome for good with a game winner and clutch 3 pointers, that is something I like to hang onto. Great moment.:king

but again, if you guys go the the finals and get raped again by the pistons.. why to remember that again?

Tradition
05-23-2008, 03:20 PM
but again, if you guys go the the finals and get raped again by the pistons.. why to remember that again?

Is Larry Brown coming back to coach in the finals if this matchup happens? Are Malone/Payton/Shaq coming back to the Lakers? Do the Lakers have any ego issues on the verge of causing the team to implode?

Unless any of those happen, 2004 wont repeat itself. If we can beat the spurs 4 times, we can beat the wannabe spurs with a unproven playoff coach 4 times as well.

Zero Point Four
05-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Yea, I don't know why anyone should be proud of that shot, it's illegal.

Says you.

Nobody on the planet - including the league - agrees with you.

But continue in your myopic ways.

And we'll help you remember the moment with our screen names.

SpursDynasty
05-23-2008, 03:36 PM
It's funny both that the Laker fans still hang on to the .4 shot AND that Spurs fans are still pissed about it..we've gone on to win 2 championships in the next three seasons since then....incredible.

rAm
05-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Says you.

Nobody on the planet - including the league - agrees with you.

But continue in your myopic ways.

And we'll help you remember the moment with our screen names.

hahaha, your post is comical at best.

Discoflux
05-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Its our time. Can you dig it?
Go Lakers!

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Spurs in 6... :flag:

Trainwreck2100
05-23-2008, 04:39 PM
In 2006 Brent Barry made an awesome shot against the King and nobody remembers it because they lost. Same thing will go for Tim's 3 against the Suns. Fisher's shot accomplished nothing but to get em a ticket to be raped by the Pistons

thispego
05-23-2008, 04:40 PM
In 2006 Brent Barry made an awesome shot against the King and nobody remembers it because they lost. Same thing will go for Tim's 3 against the Suns. Fisher's shot accomplished nothing but to get em a ticket to be raped by the Pistons

i will probably not give tim's 3 another thought if we end up losing this series or next

Lakers08Champs
05-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Stop the hatin...hahaha

Zero Point Four
05-23-2008, 04:46 PM
That's neat, but Fisher caught the inbounds pass high up, turned around, then shot...NFW that was in .4 seconds...the clock started late...Lakers got a gift...of course, karma's a bitch...

I believe this qualifies as crybaby of the day.

Zero Point Four
05-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Spurs in 6... :flag:

Actually, no.

After the Lakers win tonight, the Spurs would have to win four out of the next, say, approximately four games in order to accomplish that.

So let's be realistic.

The best you can hope for is that the Spurs lose with grace.

But lose they do.

jmard5
05-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Actually, no.

After the Lakers win tonight, the Spurs would have to win four out of the next, say, approximately four games in order to accomplish that.

So let's be realistic.

Wow, you're great at math. Been there, done that (against NO, though).

Be realistic.

cindyp601
05-23-2008, 05:16 PM
anyone got pics of kobe crying the year the spurs ended their hopes of going to the finals?? those pics crack me up

O-Factor
05-23-2008, 05:35 PM
0.4 is sooooo 2004

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 10:39 PM
I believe this qualifies as crybaby of the day.

Crybaby? For stating the facts? You fail. :lol

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Spurs in 6...still... :flag:

manufor3
05-23-2008, 11:07 PM

Wrong, they favor the FAKERS

ballhog
05-23-2008, 11:25 PM

A more appropriate name would have been "shot that never should have happened had the timekeeper started the clock on time".