PDA

View Full Version : Orsborn: Bowen Worried About Foul Trouble

duncan228
05-23-2008, 01:04 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/05/tom_orsborn_bow.html

Tom Orsborn: Bowen worried about foul trouble

SANTA MONICA, Calif. - Bruce Bowen knows he can't stop Kobe Bryant if he's not on the floor. With that in mind, he said he will "try to make a conscious effort" to stay out of foul trouble tonight.

Bowen was on the bench for the final 5:40 of the third period in Game 1 after picking up his third foul. During Bowen's absence, Bryant scored nine points and handed out four assists, including three that set up Pau Gasol for inside buckets.

"I don't know. Maybe if I stay on the floor longer, it will be different," Bowen said. "If I do that, I think it enhances our abilities and our chances. But Kobe is a great. player. Everybody understands that. He's the MVP, so it's nothing new that he's doing right now."

Bryant scored 25 of his 27 points after halftime to help the Lakers overcome a 20-point third-period deficit for an 89-85 stunner Wednesday night.

Bowen also suggest the Game 1 officiating crew of Dan Crawford, Bob Delaney and Jim Clark could have done a better job.

"Some of the calls they made...there is nothing you can do about that. Just move on," Bowen said.

GrandeDavid
05-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Some of the calls were straight up bullshit, no doubt. F'ed up stupid sh!t.

T Park
05-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Just play the fucking game and quit worrying about the stupid ass refs.

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Just play the fucking game and quit worrying about the stupid ass refs.

+1

Bowen just needs to be Bowen, and the rest will take care of itself...Spurs got Game 2...

Spurs in 6... :flag:

Southwest Texas Fan
05-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Wow has Bowen ever stated this to the media before? Could he get fined for saying the refs could have called better game?

DazedAndConfused
05-23-2008, 02:38 PM
The Spurs are showing this whole "class" act thing was a complete sham from the get-go. When they are winning of course they don't whine at all. When they start losing they blame the refs like everyone else.

ambchang
05-23-2008, 02:45 PM
LOL! Yeah, the Spurs were blaming the officials in 00, 01, 02, 04 and 06.

Kori Ellis
05-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Where in this does Bowen complain about the refs ? He doesn't even indicate he's worried about the refs. I think this quote is more saying that Pop should have left him on the floor.

"I don't know. Maybe if I stay on the floor longer, it will be different," Bowen said. "If I do that, I think it enhances our abilities and our chances. But Kobe is a great. player. Everybody understands that. He's the MVP, so it's nothing new that he's doing right now."

The last sentence of the blurb, he's obviously answering a question asked to him about the foul calls.

LakeShow
05-23-2008, 03:05 PM
If he quits fouling, he won't have to worry about foul trouble.

MoSpur
05-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Not everything he does is a foul. I am sure he gets away with some stuff, but I think Kobe gets away with some stuff too. Bowen needs to try to play his game w/out having to worry if the officials are going to call the game bad or whatever.

pawe
05-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Stern wont let Bowen "manhandle" his MVP loverboy.