PDA

View Full Version : Tom Orsborn: Pop disappointed in Ginobili, Udoka

Spurs Brazil
05-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Tom Orsborn: Pop disappointed in Ginobili, Udoka
LOS ANGELES - Gregg Popovich didn't offer much in his pre-game media briefing other than that he thought Manu Ginobili and Ime Udoka turned in sub-par efforts while defending Kobe Bryant in Game 1.

"Nobody is going to stop him," Popovich said of Bryant. "Bruce (Bowen) does a good job of making it work, but in that game, I didn't think that Ime or Manu did a very good job when they took Kobe. I was disappointed. I thought that (Udoka) would do a better job than he did."

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/05/tom_orsborn_pop_2.html

Yuixafun
05-23-2008, 07:58 PM
I think it was a bad decision on Pops part to even let Manu get close to guarding Kobe. He was having a horrible game already and then getting abused by Kobe just fed more into his frustration.

I mean, he was getting held down by Sasha Vujacic.

Yes Manu is the man and is playing hurt, but he made so many mental errors and instead of taking a breath he would compound them by making another mistake trying to make up for it, but he knew he didn't have enough to actually make up for it, and instead just made a silly foul or drive.

Case in point, during that fourth, he got scored on, so next time down he goes at Gasol and Lamar Odom, gets blocked, and then the Lakers take it right back and score again.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Manu on one leg gets called out for his job on Kobe, yet not a word about Finley sucking hind tit offensively AND defensively. Typical Pop.

Anti.Hero
05-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Manu on one leg gets called out for his job on Kobe, yet not a word about Finley sucking hind tit offensively AND defensively. Typical Pop.

Manu can take it. Finley would cry himself to sleep.