PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers Are Awful

tmtcsc
05-23-2008, 09:43 PM
...and we are playing worse. That was the most disgusting display of offense I've seen in the first half from the Spurs. We are crawling to the finish line against a team that is really poor.
Nothing from Manu, Tim is bricking FT's and Horry is breaking the fucking backboard with his shots.

The Hornets were ten times the team and competition that the Lakers are and we are playing down to them. It's like we are playing just good enough to lose. Why fuck around with these guys and go down 0-2 ? Are we that spent that we can't score more than 37 pts in a half ?

As well as we have played at home, we aren't good enough to withstand a Kobe onslaught. He's good enough to kill us by himself.

As ragged as we look, I'm not sure we have enough to get through another long series. This is so damn frustrating to watch.

If Manu isn't a part of our offense going forward we aren't winning shit. The Pistons have their shit together this year. The Lakers are a fucking joke. If we can't get by them the Pistons (They'll beat Boston) would kill us.

Critter
05-23-2008, 09:55 PM
lakers are so awful
why dont you admit that are good? is it that hard to admit the Lakers are a better team?

dont hold a grudge

Phil Hellmuth
05-23-2008, 10:00 PM

hive_attack
05-23-2008, 10:00 PM
lakers team is really not superior, sure they are winning 2-0 but they don't look superior in any fashioin, spurs are just playing that bad.
Denial. Winning is winning no matter how pretty or ugly it is.

JamStone
05-23-2008, 10:01 PM
lakers team is really not superior, sure they are winning 2-0 but they don't look superior in any fashioin, spurs are just playing that bad.

LOL you soooo sound like a Suns fan talking about the Spurs.

Phil Hellmuth
05-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Denial. Winning is winning no matter how pretty or ugly it is.

was i arguing the "winning part", no... i was talking about the superior part.

L.I.T
05-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Lakers playing better than the Spurs, plain and simple.

LA24
05-23-2008, 10:04 PM
LOL you soooo sound like a Suns fan talking about the Spurs.

It does doesn't it ? :lol

Phil Hellmuth
05-23-2008, 10:05 PM

no argument tehre, but the way the spurs are playing makes it look like lakers are 10x better. not the case.

LA24
05-23-2008, 10:05 PM
was i arguing the "winning part", no... i was talking about the superior part.

Superior teams win don't they ?

Anyways, a lot of game left to play. Not over yet by any stretch.

tmtcsc
05-23-2008, 10:06 PM
lakers are so awful
why dont you admit that are good? is it that hard to admit the Lakers are a better team?

dont hold a grudge

Trust me, if they were the better team, I would give all sorts of props. I got nothing against the Lakers. I was really impressed that they beat the Jazz in 6 and on their floor. They played better against them than they are against us.

Phil Hellmuth
05-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Superior teams win don't they ?

Anyways, a lot of game left to play. Not over yet by any stretch.

eh, my context got all screwed up, i shouldve chose my words more carefully before the one liner posters could come in. by superior i mean "incredibly much better, unable to even compete". yes the lakers are the better team right now, no argument there.

and fuck you for callin me a suns fan.

hive_attack
05-23-2008, 10:08 PM
no argument tehre, but the way the spurs are playing makes it look like lakers are 10x better. not the case.
I think the 1 day rest games are hurting the spurs. Older teams do better with more rest. Unfortunately, the spurs won't be getting any rest.

tmtcsc
05-23-2008, 10:09 PM
It's a laugher tonight. If you're a Laker fan anyways.

L.I.T
05-23-2008, 10:09 PM

Arguing levels of superiority is irrelevent. Lakers are better at the moment; but that doesn't mean the Spurs can't pull this out. I'm just not sure other than the team borrowing TO's hyperbaric chamber what other adjustments they can make.

Edit: Saw your post above. Agreed.

Lakers_55
05-23-2008, 10:10 PM
When the Lakers struggle on offense, that's a tribute to the Spurs defense. Right now, all our players are contributing. Example: We are forcing you to take outside jumpers and Odom is cleaning up on the boards. This recipe has been working for months now for us.

leemajors
05-23-2008, 10:12 PM
no, right now the spurs are godawful. Worse than that, really. Lakers look all world right now.

tmtcsc
05-23-2008, 10:20 PM
8:31 left in the game and we have garbage ball. That's it,keep Kobe in the game.

Capt Bringdown
05-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Lakers have lost only 2 times in the postseason. Spurs have been regularly blown out.

Spurs are an old team desperately holding on to the past.

Lakers are the future. I don't like it, but it's true.

In any case, they are absolutely owning us, beating our asses in a way that we've never seen before.

TheNextGen
05-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Lakers are Awful! They ONLY came back from a 20 point deficit in the 3rd and only blew us out by 30!

THEY ARE AWFUL! =P

hater
05-23-2008, 10:43 PM

:tu

ImmortalD24
05-23-2008, 10:45 PM
:tu

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

gemfow
05-23-2008, 10:55 PM
tmtcscs: The Lakers are a joke? I guess the joke is on the Spurs then.

21_Blessings
05-23-2008, 10:57 PM
lakers team is really not superior,

Jesus christ you Spur fans are delusional. The Sporks are done. Fucking done.

Phil Hellmuth
05-23-2008, 10:58 PM

*sigh* read how i defined superior later in the post, dumb shit.

LakerLanny
05-23-2008, 10:58 PM
They are awful?

Man, you guys better be worried if they ever get to mediocre!:lmao

J.T.
05-23-2008, 11:00 PM
Stern bought off the Spurs to throw the series.

Indazone
05-23-2008, 11:00 PM
Man, I think someone nailed an iron lid on the rim tonight. Spurs were atrocious in making their shots.

florige
05-23-2008, 11:01 PM

Geeez I hope all you assholes are around after Tuesday!!

TD=old&busted
05-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Geeez I hope all you assholes are around after Tuesday!!

after the sweep? no we'll be moving on the pistons :downspin:

rascal
05-23-2008, 11:02 PM
...and we are playing worse. That was the most disgusting display of offense I've seen in the first half from the Spurs. We are crawling to the finish line against a team that is really poor.
Nothing from Manu, Tim is bricking FT's and Horry is breaking the fucking backboard with his shots.

The Hornets were ten times the team and competition that the Lakers are and we are playing down to them. It's like we are playing just good enough to lose. Why fuck around with these guys and go down 0-2 ? Are we that spent that we can't score more than 37 pts in a half ?

As well as we have played at home, we aren't good enough to withstand a Kobe onslaught. He's good enough to kill us by himself.

As ragged as we look, I'm not sure we have enough to get through another long series. This is so damn frustrating to watch.

If Manu isn't a part of our offense going forward we aren't winning shit. The Pistons have their shit together this year. The Lakers are a fucking joke. If we can't get by them the Pistons (They'll beat Boston) would kill us.

Yes, the spurs are spent. Coming off the tough 7 game series and having to sleep on a plane and the travel and the quick start to this series with their lack of young players its not surprising they look like crap against the number 1 seed and a well rested laker team. To expect anything else was not realistic.

ether
05-23-2008, 11:05 PM

Uhm, no they look very superior at the moment. The thing to realize is that these are two really good teams. Yes the spurs played terribly tonight but please cut the bullshit: The Lakers are a very good team. This doesn't mean that the spurs can't come back and win the series and that we won't be calling the spurs the "better team" by the end of this series. (Although, I personally have some trouble seeing the spurs coming back from 0-2 twice in a row - I feel like the game 1 collapse will really come back and haunt them the way the suns were haunted by their game 1 collapse in the suns-spurs series) But right now you need to acknowledge that the Lakers are a very good team and that this is going to take everything the spurs have to come back. To argue otherwise is to do great damage to the cherished principles of logic.

TD=old&busted
05-23-2008, 11:06 PM
how much does that game 1 loss hurt now? Just think the Spurs could be tied 1 -1 with homecourt advantage :downspin:

Phil Hellmuth
05-23-2008, 11:07 PM
Uhm, no they look very superior at the moment. The thing to realize is that these are two really good teams. Yes the spurs played terribly tonight but please cut the bullshit: The Lakers are a very good team. This doesn't mean that the spurs can't come back and win the series and that we won't be calling the spurs the "better team" by the end of this series. (Although, I personally have some trouble seeing the spurs coming back from 0-2 twice in a row - I feel like the game 1 collapse will really come back and haunt them the way the suns were haunted by their game 1 collapse in the suns-spurs series) But right now you need to acknowledge that the Lakers are a very good team and that this is going to take everything the spurs have to come back. To argue otherwise is to do great damage to the cherished principles of logic.

you dudes just read two little posts then reply quickly, please read my other posts in the thread to clarify what i meant. jesus christ.

TheMACHINE
05-23-2008, 11:09 PM
you dudes just read two little posts then reply quickly, please read my other posts in the thread to clarify what i meant. jesus christ.

its hard to read more when the replier is so eager to answer back to a crappy original post.

samikeyp
05-23-2008, 11:10 PM
Yeah they are awful.....awful good right now.

florige
05-23-2008, 11:11 PM
I won't say they are awful because they have Kobe. But it does piss me off everytime I see Farmar make a shot. That guy is a freakin scrub!!

Phil Hellmuth
05-23-2008, 11:12 PM
its hard to read more when the replier is so eager to answer back to a crappy original post.

you call it crappy, i call it misinterpreted. nice try tho.

your sig looks gay by the way.

TheMACHINE
05-23-2008, 11:18 PM
misinterpreted cuz it was crap.

Your name is gay btw

ecksodia
05-23-2008, 11:18 PM
As much as I'd hate to admit it, Jamstone's comment about that poster is right :/

We were outplayed. Sure we played like shit, but a loss is a loss. game 1, they played like shit too, but gutted out a win. Attribute it to whatever you want to.

Phil Hellmuth
05-23-2008, 11:22 PM
misinterpreted cuz it was crap.

Your name is gay btw

lol now u mad., go suck some sasha pee pee

ether
05-23-2008, 11:22 PM

i read your other posts . . . jesus christ.

ether
05-23-2008, 11:23 PM
You're an idiot.

Phil Hellmuth
05-23-2008, 11:23 PM
You're an idiot.

you too fucker

TheMACHINE
05-23-2008, 11:28 PM
lol now u mad., go suck some sasha pee pee

me mad? no...looks like i just copied what you said to me. lol.

If you think im mad, ur 100% wrong...im ESTATIC....up 2-0! How bout you? HOw are you doing? Oh wait...ur crappy original post answers that.

:king

ether
05-23-2008, 11:28 PM
you too fucker

Look dude, anyone who posts the phrase: "The Lakers are awful" after watching them all season (and particularly in these playoffs where they have lost TWICE) is an idiot. I'm sorry I live in the real world.

Phil Hellmuth
05-23-2008, 11:33 PM
"The Lakers are awful" .

i never said that. the fuk u talking about?

and i watched them almost every game too, i live in LA.

-btw, lol @ sasha boy, go away already.

Dim Tuncan
05-23-2008, 11:35 PM
To the OP: I understand you're upset (we all are), but you're temporarily acting like a fucking moron and you aren't living in reality.

LA played a great game. Give them props.

Lakers999
05-23-2008, 11:47 PM
i wouldnt say the sporks are done..... they are definately looking haggard...

ether
05-23-2008, 11:50 PM
i never said that. the fuk u talking about?

and i watched them almost every game too, i live in LA.

-btw, lol @ sasha boy, go away already.

uhm, I didn't call you an idiot. Go look at my original post. I called the starter of this thread an idiot for writing "the lakers are awful" in the subject line. Then you called me a fucker . . .

Septic
05-23-2008, 11:58 PM
Lakers are horrible. Played Jazz, Nuggets..??? We just stink even more. Period

timvp
05-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Both teams played hard.

LAKB24
05-24-2008, 12:00 AM
wow spurs fans are really dumb..its already 2-0..stop making excuses dumbasses..everyone know those rings that you have are all luck..cant believe you spurs fans are so stupid

rascal
05-24-2008, 12:06 AM
Look dude, anyone who posts the phrase: "The Lakers are awful" after watching them all season (and particularly in these playoffs where they have lost TWICE) is an idiot. I'm sorry I live in the real world.

Good posts. I agree with you.

KillerBee
05-24-2008, 12:09 AM

HaHa, we ended up beating y'all after all. Doesn't look like the refs are going to carry you anymore. Ya should have not paid the refs so much and let us handle the lakers.

Oh, and you didn't just lose, you got smoked. Take em down Lakers. I used to like the Spurs but some of their fans are real Pussies, real cry babies and poor losers. Not all, but some are horrible. They need to be Humbled. Chump dumper is their biggest pussy. He is usually quiet when they lose. He wears spider man underoo's and lives with his mom b/c of a sexual predator charge.

tmtcsc
05-24-2008, 01:36 AM
HaHa, we ended up beating y'all after all. Doesn't look like the refs are going to carry you anymore. Ya should have not paid the refs so much and let us handle the lakers.

Oh, and you didn't just lose, you got smoked. Take em down Lakers. I used to like the Spurs but some of their fans are real Pussies, real cry babies and poor losers. Not all, but some are horrible. They need to be Humbled. Chump dumper is their biggest pussy. He is usually quiet when they lose. He wears spider man underoo's and lives with his mom b/c of a sexual predator charge.

Hey retard, we spotted you 2 blowouts and still beat your ass. Go away and talk about the future or the Saints or some shit. You want double the disappointment ? Stick around and watch the Spurs come back on the Lakers too.

Paid the refs ? What are you 6 years old ? Go play some more wii.

samikeyp
05-24-2008, 01:37 AM
wow spurs fans are really dumb..its already 2-0..stop making excuses dumbasses..everyone know those rings that you have are all luck..cant believe you spurs fans are so stupid

yes because all Spurs fans think alike. :rolleyes

kobekillsspurs
05-24-2008, 01:43 AM
lakers are so bad.. they only won 2 games out of the only 2 games they played in this series

tmtcsc
05-24-2008, 01:48 AM
To the OP: I understand you're upset (we all are), but you're temporarily acting like a fucking moron and you aren't living in reality.

LA played a great game. Give them props.

This original post was written around half time. The Lakers pulled away in a frenzy after that. Fucking Moron ? That's a little harsh. I was watching 2 teams that were playing like shit and my team was playing the worst of it.

Do you honestly think you saw our best effort tonight ? Was that more of the same terrible basketball we saw against the Hornets in Games 1,2 and 5 ? I stand by my orginal statement. I said "and we are playing worse".

The Lakers came back and hit their shots and made it an ass kicking. There's your props.
If we find some energy back home, we can beat these guys. It starts with Tony taking the ball to the basket decisively and not flopping around.

Helix Versa
05-24-2008, 01:50 AM
Hey retard, we spotted you 2 blowouts and still beat your ass. Go away and talk about the future or the Saints or some shit. You want double the disappointment ? Stick around and watch the Spurs come back on the Lakers too.

Says the guy who resorted to name calling and you wonder where the hatred all comes from.

RL24
05-24-2008, 01:59 AM
the lakers beat spurs..period..stop crying spurs fans..please!!

samikeyp
05-24-2008, 02:00 AM
the lakers beat spurs..period..stop crying those spurs fans who are..please!!

Fixed.

Jellojiggler
05-24-2008, 02:10 AM
This original post was written around half time. The Lakers pulled away in a frenzy after that. Fucking Moron ? That's a little harsh. I was watching 2 teams that were playing like shit and my team was playing the worst of it.

Do you honestly think you saw our best effort tonight ? Was that more of the same terrible basketball we saw against the Hornets in Games 1,2 and 5 ? I stand by my orginal statement. I said "and we are playing worse".

The Lakers came back and hit their shots and made it an ass kicking. There's your props.
If we find some energy back home, we can beat these guys. It starts with Tony taking the ball to the basket decisively and not flopping around.

Nice Profile pic by the way.

:lobt2: belongs to the Lakers!

FuckTheSpurs
05-24-2008, 02:10 AM
the lakers beat spurs..period..stop crying spurs fans..please!!

wow, a spurs fan with some common sense... that's a first!

samikeyp
05-24-2008, 02:11 AM
Nice Profile pic by the way.

:lobt2: belongs to the Lakers!

Ok...anyone with a screenname that is a reference to Chick Hearn gets a free pass. :tu

samikeyp
05-24-2008, 02:11 AM
wow, a spurs fan with some common sense... that's a first!

Yes because EVERY Spurs fan is crying and NONE of them are giving LA props.
:rolleyes

ChickHearnMic
05-24-2008, 02:17 AM

I mean being humble is the key to sucess.

Things could dramtically change going back to the At&t Center.

As being the theme for Home Court advantage throughout these playoff series.

Bottom Line in the West, The Lakers and the Spurs are the biggest hitters:ihit

spurscenter
05-24-2008, 02:17 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/7e/fullj.60ab8b6ba4d9c5c5779df9ca833dda8c/60ab8b6ba4d9c5c5779df9ca833dda8c-getty-80391823ab040_spurs_lakers.jpg

Ghazi
05-24-2008, 02:25 AM

wow, blaming the loss on the refs? pathetic loser.

Ghazi
05-24-2008, 02:26 AM

Every title takes luck, what's your point? They deserve their titles.

Kdidds
05-24-2008, 03:16 AM
Lakers OWNS The spurs.....

Ghazi
05-24-2008, 04:36 AM
and you're a troll.

PwrGetter
05-24-2008, 04:47 AM
Fixed.

Just accept that most people will generalize all fans as "them, they" already. Obviously everyone doesnt share the same retarded fixation to post the most fanboyish, unrealistic, classless (lakers and spurs fans alike) posts, fans will be generalized anyways.

KillerBee
05-24-2008, 08:21 PM
wow, blaming the loss on the refs? pathetic loser.

Dallas fan, shut the fuck up! I'm just having fun with some of the over zealous Spurs fans. Who the fuck are you? The truth is, home cooking is home cooking. The refs had nothing to do with the turnout of the series. The truth is you should hope the Cowboys can get enough criminals and degenerates to win you a championship because the Mavericks, like the Spurs are at the end of their rope. The truth is the Lakers and Hornets are going to rule this conference for the next 5 or 6 years, refs or no refs. Jason Kidd was your downfall. Your done, just like the Spurs.

KillerBee
05-24-2008, 08:29 PM

Actually I'm 7 not 6, and you just threatened to beat my ass. Thats a felony. Whats you name and Social Security #.

Oh, and you are not coming back from this one. Your to beat up from your last series and to Old. Lakers, see you next year. Looks like you will have to play geriatrics's again in the finals.

heymanooh1
05-24-2008, 09:00 PM
The Spurs should change their name to the Sparks since they're playing like a bunch of sissies :lol