PDA

View Full Version : Reminder that the Lakers

E20
05-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Dropped two straight against the Jazz. Spurs are battle tested and most likely will win Game 3. Game 4 is key, we can steal one in LA we nearly did last game. Spurs in 6.

jaffies
05-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Dude.......

Stallone is rooting against the Spurs.

how's that for an omen?

E20
05-23-2008, 10:29 PM
Dude.......

Stallone is rooting against the Spurs.

how's that for an omen?

LMAO A main reason we won against NO was because of the Rocky power harnessed by me, but since Rocky lives in LA the power refuses to be used against them, so I'm all out, Spurs are actually going to have to play seriously now.

phxspurfan
05-23-2008, 10:30 PM
As much as Spurs are battle tested, I'll be bottle tested after tonight.

TD=old&busted
05-23-2008, 10:30 PM
no way the Spurs win 4 of 5 from a superior Lakers squad :downspin:

plus the Jazz were a better home team, and didnt lose to the Raptors at home this year :lol:

timmydidit
05-23-2008, 10:33 PM

plus the Jazz were a better home team, and didnt lose to the Raptors at home this year :lol:

stfu NO was better than the lakers

phxspurfan
05-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Hornets > Lakers. We can do this.

E20
05-23-2008, 10:35 PM
As good as the Lakers are playing right now, it's not them that are beating the Spurs, it's the Spurs beating themselves. They are missing wide open jumpers and are a little too tenative. I liked what I saw early in the 3rd when we cut the lead to 10 after Ginobili was driving hard to the basket, but we just couldn't find our outside touch.

It comes down to what SpursDynasty says: We have to shoot some shots.

Don Quixote
No ... the Lakers are much, much better than the Hornets, us, or anyone.

They lost two at Utah ONLY because the Jazz are nearly unbeatable at home. And those games were close.

The Spurs are toast.

DubMcDub
Dropped two straight against the Jazz. Spurs are battle tested and most likely will win Game 3. Game 4 is key, we can steal one in LA we nearly did last game. Spurs in 6.

I'm sorry, let me get this straight--you are predicting the Spurs to win the next 4 games in a row? After seeing this?

E20
05-23-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm sorry, let me get this straight--you are predicting the Spurs to win the next 4 games in a row? After seeing this?
In 2004 the Lakers were blown up 2 games in a row by SA and came back and won 4 straight. Impossible? No. Time for a little taste of their own medicine.

TD=old&busted
05-23-2008, 10:37 PM
spurs homecourt = overrated

Deuces88
05-23-2008, 10:37 PM
Spurs got this. Game 1, they played good for 3 quarters and the key turn was Bowen being on the bench far too long and that allowed Kobe to get comfortable.

Game 2, I don't know what the fuck Popovich was smoking. He made the most ridiculous adjustments. Having only 1 scorer on the floor when we're down and that scorer being Ginobili (who was terribly off tonight). Why in the world is Horry getting so much playing time.

Deuces88
05-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Also, the Spurs shot like hot garbage in the first 15 or so game minutes and Lakers were only up by like 3. Then for some reason Popovich made retarded adjustments and let the Lakers pull ahead.

This loss goes solely on Popovich and Ginobili's head.

E20
05-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Just saw the box score.......damn we lost by 30.

TD=old&busted
05-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Jazz > spurs

polandprzem
05-23-2008, 10:46 PM

One close game and rest are the blowouts

urunobili
05-23-2008, 10:47 PM
In 2004 the Lakers were blown up 2 games in a row by SA and came back and won 4 straight. Impossible no? Time for a little taste of their own medicine.

i am up for this... :toast

cnyc3
05-23-2008, 10:52 PM
In 2004 the Lakers were blown up 2 games in a row by SA and came back and won 4 straight. Impossible no? Time for a little taste of their own medicine.

manu with a fadeaway with 0.3 left ftw in game 5! :rollin

themvp
05-23-2008, 10:53 PM
What did the Hornets do that make you guys think they are better than the Lakeshow?

2 blowouts in first 2 games

Cant_Be_Faded
05-23-2008, 10:54 PM
hornets >> lakers

spurs in hornets series health >> spurs in lakers series health

21_Blessings
05-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Spurs: 2-6 on the road. The sign of a champion!

:lol :flag: :lol

SPARKY
05-23-2008, 10:55 PM
hornets >> lakers

Perhaps the road to recovery begins at home.

ballhog
05-23-2008, 11:31 PM

Spurs haven't played well since the end of the 3rd quarter of the first game. Up til then, we had their asses, then went cold and have been crap. Meanwhile the Fakers have been lighting it up....everything going in. Did Kobe call that bank shot early in the game?

E20
05-24-2008, 12:42 AM
Perhaps the road to recovery begins at home.
It does.

During the Spurs-Hornets series, people were saying the same thing (Tim wasn't healthy, Manu and Tony were banged up). When the Spurs arrive in San Antonio, they can sleep at their homes, home cooked meals, relax, and less travel. All of these will help re-energize the Spurs.

LA24
05-24-2008, 12:44 AM

Flip the scenario, would you let us Laker fans use the same excuse ?

midgetonadonkey
05-24-2008, 12:45 AM
Rambo comes out on DVD May 27th

E20
05-24-2008, 12:46 AM
I saw the same commerical.

T Park
05-24-2008, 12:46 AM
No ... the Lakers are much, much better than the Hornets, us, or anyone.

They lost two at Utah ONLY because the Jazz are nearly unbeatable at home. And those games were close.

The Spurs are toast.

Just like there was no way they would win a game 7 in New orleans, right sunshine?

BruceLeeBowen
05-24-2008, 12:49 AM
2 blowouts in first 2 games

Phil > Byron Scott

40-0!!!

crc21209
05-24-2008, 01:04 AM
Suck Phil's dick on that 40-0 crap Hollinger Jr. Numbers dont mean shit. Let the games play themselves out...Spurs will be a different animal coming back home...Timmy's comments, Manu's comments...listen to them...Last I checked it takes 4 games to advance...Congrats on your 2 fuckers...but the fun is just beginning. Spurs in 6.

Bobby digital
05-24-2008, 01:13 AM
these delusional fans keep pointing to the hornets series like they're going to over come getting behind like that and its no big deal. guess what...

kobe is nasty. The lakers aren't a team that has absolutely no playoff experence like the hornets. I'm sorry, peja has experence disappearing in the playoffs like he did against the lakers in 02.

In the end, the comeback against the inexperienced hornets is giving these delusional fans false hope.

Oh yeah and you aren't a dynasty without at least a back to back. The Spurs were the Lakers Bitch in the kobe-shaq era, and it looks like kobes about to pick up where he left off

Bobby digital
05-24-2008, 01:14 AM
Spurs in 6.

Thats priceless.

thats for the laugh.

Dopey310
05-24-2008, 01:15 AM
Yep delusional indeed. I hope they realize that their team has been outscored by 54 pointss in the last 64 minutes of regulation.

pakzz
05-24-2008, 01:32 AM
hahaha after spurs losing 2 straight games with the lakers some people still have galls to say that Spurs will win it in six games

Lakers14Titles
05-24-2008, 01:33 AM
Keep relying on that Hornets series to give you hope losers. Doesn't make any difference I guess that the Lakers are better than the Hornets.

Strike
05-24-2008, 01:39 AM
Oh yeah and you aren't a dynasty without at least a back to back.

And what does nothing make the Cavs?

That's right. It makes them nothing but the mistake by the lake. Fuck off assclown.

Man of Steel
05-24-2008, 05:57 AM
Elementary proposition:

Hornets > Lakers.

Allanon
05-24-2008, 06:54 AM
Elementary proposition:

Hornets > Lakers.

The Hornets starting 5 are as good as the Laker and Spur starting 5. But their problem is their bench. The Hornet bench makes the Spur bench look like All-Stars.

Tyson and David West are the only two good big men on that team, if they get in foul trouble, cya later Hornets. Hell they don't even have to be good backups, just useable but nope, they're pure trash.

If the Hornets want to improve, they have to get a bench.

1Parker1
05-24-2008, 09:43 AM

:lmao I believe the Lakers last home loss was to the Grizzlies. By that token, Spurs have a chance to steal a game in LA.

Dopey310
05-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Elementary proposition:

Hornets > Lakers.

Jazz > Nuggets > Spurs:lol

Mamba24
05-24-2008, 10:37 AM
The Hornets and Lakers are two completely different teams so holding on to the hope that the Spurs will come back against LA, cuz they did it againsg NOH is not very smart. Kobe is a killer, he will go for your throat when he has you down. Peja has a total history of not coming up big in huge games (see Game 7 against the Lakers in 2002 for proof) so it's no surprise Bowen was easily able to shut him down. Even in San Antonio, the Lakers will still be younger, quicker, and longer.

Russ
05-24-2008, 11:07 AM
I began to get worried yesterday before the game. Warning signs that I had not seen for years cropped up. Pop semed to be making comments out of frustration about the team (not as bad as '01 when he said the team stopped fighting) but still troubling. Then Manu semed to indicate that maybe the Spurs were too tired or too hurt or even too old. Very un-Manu. Even Bowen was "worried" about getting into foul trouble.

I hate to say it but I think the Lakers are in the Spurs' heads right now -- that's even worse than the losses. These guys are champs -- heroes in my mind -- I feel much worse for them than us Spurs fans.

Hopefully, San Antonio will be the tonic that they need after a whole week on the road, sleeping on planes and enduring the depressing funk of LA's arctic, foggy May.

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 11:18 AM

Think that. Whatever you have to do to sleep at night. The Spurs better win Game 3, which they will be hard-pressed to do... if the Lakers win Game, we're bringing the broom!!!!!!!!!!

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 11:27 AM
I began to get worried yesterday before the game. Warning signs that I had not seen for years cropped up. Pop semed to be making comments out of frustration about the team (not as bad as '01 when he said the team stopped fighting) but still troubling. Then Manu semed to indicate that maybe the Spurs were too tired or too hurt or even too old. Very un-Manu. Even Bowen was "worried" about getting into foul trouble.

I hate to say it but I think the Lakers are in the Spurs' heads right now -- that's even worse than the losses. These guys are champs -- heroes in my mind -- I feel much worse for them than us Spurs fans.

Hopefully, San Antonio will be the tonic that they need after a whole week on the road, sleeping on planes and enduring the depressing funk of LA's arctic, foggy May.

Hopefully, the Spurs have enough gas to win Game 3 because if they don't, we're talking sweep!!!!! The Lakers are just so much better than the Spurs as a team right now. They can't figure the team out... Good luck with that.

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 11:30 AM

Mathematically, the Spurs won the game by -31 points. ahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

The Spurs better bring it in Game 3, or this series will be over in 4.
Like I said..., by the time the Lakers are done with the Spurs, I'll own this place.!!!!!

:lmao:lmao

slayermin
05-24-2008, 11:31 AM
I don't think game three will be the problem. It's game four. We are gonna need Kobe to comedown with the flu or food poisoning on Tuesday.

Russ
05-24-2008, 11:50 AM
I don't think game three will be the problem. It's game four. We are gonna need Kobe to comedown with the flu or food poisoning on Tuesday.

Sacramento cheesecake? :)

Kobe is a killer, he will go for your throat when he has you down.

I take it Kobe's counsel didn't call you as a character witness. :nope

som3on3_10
05-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Keep in mind that the games we lost in Utah were very close games and very winnable. As far as the games that you guys lost in NO...NOT EVEN CLOSE!! You guys beat NO because of their lack of experience. Our starting backcourt has owned the Spurs many times over. It's time for Timmy aka Caribbean Queen to go fishing after the next 2 games.

trjons
05-24-2008, 12:40 PM
As good as the Lakers are playing right now, it's not them that are beating the Spurs, it's the Spurs beating themselves. They are missing wide open jumpers and are a little too tenative. I liked what I saw early in the 3rd when we cut the lead to 10 after Ginobili was driving hard to the basket, but we just couldn't find our outside touch.

It comes down to what SpursDynasty says: We have to shoot some shots.

You are in total denial of what everyone is saying. The Spurs limped into the playoffs as a beaten down team.

Beating a dysfunctional Suns squad and an inexperienced Hornets squad only served to raise expectations that a month ago had the Spurs exiting in the first round.

PwrGetter
05-24-2008, 12:46 PM
remember that Lakers are 3-2 on the road. 2 of those 3 wins are close outs... granted the closeout on Denver wasnt a big deal... but, closing out Utah, in Utah... quite a feat.

Mr.Franchize
05-24-2008, 01:38 PM

reminder: kobe injured his back game 3 in first quater and we still almost won?

reminder: game 4 jazz needed overtime to beat us.

E20
05-24-2008, 01:45 PM
You are in total denial of what everyone is saying. The Spurs limped into the playoffs as a beaten down team.

Beating a dysfunctional Suns squad and an inexperienced Hornets squad only served to raise expectations that a month ago had the Spurs exiting in the first round.
Whether you accept it or not, if the Spurs managed to shoot decent from 3PT territory it would be a whole different story. I don't know what Game 2 you watched, but the SPurs were missing point blank layups and wide open jumpers, somtimes shots just don't fall down.

reminder: kobe injured his back game 3 in first quater and we still almost won?

reminder: game 4 jazz needed overtime to beat us.
The Spurs are a whole different team than the Jazz. All this talk of the Lakers winning the series is all moot right now, because last time I checked they needed to win 4, not hold up homecourt. I'm sure a similar mentality was apparent when the Lakers were up 2-0 against the Jazz.

I can say with the utmost confidence that SPurs will WIN Game 3, if they don't I'll be here to eat my crow. Game 4 is the key and I say we can steal one in LA.

Mr.Franchize
05-24-2008, 01:48 PM
The Spurs are a whole different team than the Jazz. All this talk of the Lakers winning the series is all moot right now, because last time I checked they needed to win 4, not hold up homecourt. I'm sure a similar mentality was apparent when the Lakers were up 2-0 against the Jazz.

I can say with the utmost confidence that SPurs will WIN Game 3, if they don't I'll be here to eat my crow. Game 4 is the key and I say we can steal one in LA.

The lakers are a whole diffrent team than NO. i dont think its gona get any easier for Manu and u guys need him to win. we just got ariza back if u think hes struggling with sasha u guys havnt seen anything yet.

E20
05-24-2008, 01:49 PM
We'll just wait and find out for the series to unfold at SA.

Mamba24
05-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Don't rely simply on homecourt being the reason the Spurs won. The Lakers walked into Hell aka Salt Lake City and defeated Utah on their homecourt. The SBC Center will seem like a playground compared to that nonsense. Kobe does most of his damage on the road, anyhow. We shall see....this should be interesting.

200 miles
05-24-2008, 05:46 PM
LMAO A main reason we won against NO was because of the Rocky power harnessed by me, but since Rocky lives in LA the power refuses to be used against them, so I'm all out, Spurs are actually going to have to play seriously now.

Let me guess, E20, during the second round you thought the (resilient)Spurs were Rocky Balboa and the (invincible Chris Paul-led)Hornets were Ivan Drago.

Am I right?

E20
05-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Let me guess, E20, during the second round you thought the (resilient)Spurs were Rocky Balboa and the (invincible Chris Paul-led)Hornets were Ivan Drago.

Am I right?
I used the Rocky V comparison.

Spurs = Old, but still able to fight Rocky
Hornets = Tommy Gunn, up and coming cocky ass fighter.

Now it is time to use the Rocky IV compariosn

Spurs = Rocky, already deemed the loser
Lakers = Ivan Drago, steriod(cheaters) using (pau trade(cheat) was a scam) USSR villians that need to be put down by the champ!

This goes well because Pop called the Lakers the USSR.

Oh yeah:
Mickey: He's no machine, fight this guy hard. I didn't hear no bell, you're the champ, NOW GET UP ONE MORE ROUND!!!!!!!!
gXnqvO6nUq4

Goddamn that's motivational.

Lakers Dynasty
05-24-2008, 06:48 PM

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20080524/2008_05_24t002515_450x351_us_nba_friday.jpg?x=400&y=311&sig=z9JkTNV5Sscr9yXkTmYtdg--

The Lakers haven't lost at home since the month of March.

And if there's going to be any stealing of home games, then one out of the next two seems a little more likely.

So says Mr Balboa.

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 11:25 PM
I've seen it all. The Lakers cheated because the Grizzliez traded Gasol for business reasons? I guess Pop saw it first when the Lakers got Gasol. He cried like the fans are crying now. Sorry about your luck, buddy.

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 11:27 PM
We'll just wait and find out for the series to unfold at SA.

You're talking Game 4. You better hope the Spurs get Game 3 or the Lakers are bringing the broom!!!!

200 miles
05-24-2008, 11:47 PM
I used the Rocky V comparison.

Spurs = Old, but still able to fight Rocky
Hornets = Tommy Gunn, up and coming cocky ass fighter.

Now it is time to use the Rocky IV compariosn

Spurs = Rocky, already deemed the loser
Lakers = Ivan Drago, steriod(cheaters) using (pau trade(cheat) was a scam) USSR villians that need to be put down by the champ!

This goes well because Pop called the Lakers the USSR.

Oh yeah:
Mickey: He's no machine, fight this guy hard. I didn't hear no bell, you're the champ, NOW GET UP ONE MORE ROUND!!!!!!!!
gXnqvO6nUq4

Goddamn that's motivational.

Damn Right. :ihit