PDA

View Full Version : So...aren't these guys professional basketball players?

TDfan2007
05-23-2008, 10:39 PM
They missed a shitload of easy layups and wide open jumpers. To compound that nobody on the team but Tim showed up this game...again. This is really starting to feel like the 2001/2002 series all over again.

This Lakers team is WAY more talented than we are and it's not even close. I don't know how we're going to beat these guys but I do know that bricking easy shots and starting Finley is NOT the answer.

ideas?

hater
05-23-2008, 10:41 PM
they missed shots I could have made, drunk as I am.

I think its a good sign. Back to SA. new begining. they will start making their shots sonner or later. hopefully not too late.

Tek_XX
05-23-2008, 10:42 PM
If the Spurs don't show up sunday, i'm jumping.

LakerHater
05-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Tony FREAKING Parker and Manu need to drive more!!! They're settling for FUCKIN' Jump shots!!!:bang

Deuces88
05-23-2008, 10:44 PM
It doesn't have to do with talent. It has to do with effort here. Spurs showed no effort. Spurs got 16 more shot attempts than Lakers and made 9 less.

Some one please explain to me why in the hell was Horry playing so many minutes and taking that many shots. Some one also has to explain why Popovich thought he was smart to put 4 non-scorers in the game when the Spurs were down.

I think Duncan needs to curse out his fucking team and coach so they can wake up. Game 1, Spurs did good for the first 3 quarters and had a Ginobili-led drought in quarter 4. All they had to do is do the same thing for the first 3 quarters in game 2. No, Popovich wants the non-scorers to get time and shoot shots.

When we start setting up shots for Jacque Vaughn, you know Popovich doesn't care anymore.

Deb
05-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Everyone went AWOL tonight. Can't blame it all on Manu

ATXSPUR
05-23-2008, 10:45 PM
idk what they are. all I know is they are the luckiest bastards in the world to get paid millions to stand on hardwood for 48 minutes and do nothing.

Spurs3000
05-23-2008, 10:45 PM
To compound that nobody on the team but Tim showed up this game

I'm confused. Please explain what makes you think that Tim "showed up"?

He's supposed to be the superstar, the franchise player, the All-Time Great, the focal point, the be-all and end-all. Did he really play like that?

Did he inspire confidence in his teammates? Did he make them better by his example? Did he fight through adversity?

LakerLanny
05-23-2008, 10:46 PM
And the rats start jumping ship.

Show some heart and support your team you pathetic front runners.

We tried to tell you, the Lakers aren't fucking around this year.

Beno Udrih
05-23-2008, 10:46 PM
This goes back to the FO not trying to re-tool and make minor adjustments to the roster. NOw were stuck with a bunch of old dudes past their prime. (finley)

Beno Udrih
05-23-2008, 10:47 PM
And the rats start jumping ship.

Show some heart and support your team you pathetic front runners.

We tried to tell you, the Lakers aren't fucking around this year.

Whos jumping ship beeyotch? All I see is people "venting". Thats what this board was set up for.

polandprzem
05-23-2008, 10:47 PM
One of the ideas is to put me in the game

I could not play any worse then manu

mikekim
05-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Damn...I'm really getting annoyed with this board.

Manu is the biggest problem. If he's healthy and rolling, 80 percent of our problems goes away or doesn't matter, 'cos at worst, we'd be tied 1-1 and probably up 2-0

An 80% healthy Manu from game 3 on = Spurs advancing to the finals and winning the whole thing

florige
05-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Tony FREAKING Parker and Manu need to drive more!!! They're settling for FUCKIN' Jump shots!!!:bang

Tony was driving. You can;t win when Horry is shooting balls off the side of the fucking backboard and Udoka is shooting base on balls while both are WIDE ASS OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bang:ba ng:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:ba ng:bang:bang:bang

v2freak
05-23-2008, 10:57 PM

He's supposed to be the superstar, the franchise player, the All-Time Great, the focal point, the be-all and end-all. Did he really play like that?

Did he inspire confidence in his teammates? Did he make them better by his example? Did he fight through adversity?

I've noticed that his rebounding total generally reflects his hustle in a game. He grabbed 13 by the half and tried to will his team, even though he made dumb decisions like passing to Oberto, who did his trademark pump-fake-and-then-take-a-tougher-shot.

boutons_
05-23-2008, 10:58 PM
66 minutes of pure shit.

SRJ
05-23-2008, 10:59 PM
It doesn't have to do with talent. It has to do with effort here. Spurs showed no effort. Spurs got 16 more shot attempts than Lakers and made 9 less.

Some one please explain to me why in the hell was Horry playing so many minutes and taking that many shots. Some one also has to explain why Popovich thought he was smart to put 4 non-scorers in the game when the Spurs were down.

I think Duncan needs to curse out his fucking team and coach so they can wake up. Game 1, Spurs did good for the first 3 quarters and had a Ginobili-led drought in quarter 4. All they had to do is do the same thing for the first 3 quarters in game 2. No, Popovich wants the non-scorers to get time and shoot shots.

When we start setting up shots for Jacque Vaughn, you know Popovich doesn't care anymore.

There is so much wrong in this post it wouldn't be allowed into an elevator.

LakerHater
05-23-2008, 11:00 PM
Tony only drove a hand full of times! I'd like to see more!! Fisher can't guard'em! There were alot of times when he dribbled around and the out come was a missed jump shot, from either him or someone he passed off to!!!:bang,:bang,:bang,:bang,:bang,:bang,:bang

polandprzem
05-23-2008, 11:01 PM
66 minutes of pure shit.

Were we outscored by 54 points?

I never seen it before
There was 2001 but ... ehh I'm going to sleep - it was not worthy to get up

:depressed

mVp
05-23-2008, 11:02 PM
ideas?

Yeah.. I have an idea...

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1623/1169494678040dy6.gif

TDfan2007
05-23-2008, 11:05 PM

He played his ass off tonight. He missed a couple of shots he normally makes but the effort was definetely there.

He had 16 boards through 3 quarters, that in itself is amazing. He made excellent passes out of double teams, shut Gasol down, played excellent help D, and set his teammates up to score. What the hell else do you want from the guy?

Right now Tim is the only guy showing up to the games, even Tony has been awful in the 2nd half of these games.

Hopefully another back-to-the-wall situation will get these guys to start playing Spurs basketball again. We've been fantastic at home so hopefully that will get them going. But our role players and Manu MUST step up.

TDfan2007
05-23-2008, 11:09 PM
:lol
Yeah.. I have an idea...

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1623/1169494678040dy6.gif