PDA

View Full Version : Remember that 3 pt shot

dav4463
05-23-2008, 10:52 PM
I hope the Spurs remember that 3 pt shot the Lakers took when the game was way over. It should piss them off.

The same people who gave up against New Orleans will give up now. Spurs just have to come home and win two games. Last time I checked, it takes four wins to win a series.

Spurs will bounce back.

ducks
05-23-2008, 11:01 PM
that was classless

E20
05-23-2008, 11:08 PM
That was 2006-1st-round-Nazr-Mohammad Classless

TD=old&busted
05-23-2008, 11:10 PM
30 point loss :downspin: our scrubs > yours

Commissioner Stern
05-23-2008, 11:11 PM
I actually agree. That was unnecessary.

But I guess it's easier to make the difference an even 30.

Twenty seven just seems so ... odd.

TheMACHINE
05-23-2008, 11:11 PM
LOL... the only thing the Lakers will remember is the spurs quitting at the 4th.

Will you guys feel better if he took a step forward and took a two? LOL

TheMACHINE
05-23-2008, 11:12 PM
I actually agree. That was unnecessary.

But I guess it's easier to make the difference an even 30.

Twenty seven just seems so ... odd.

screw that...we aint gonna get a turnover. Next time Spurs should D-up

samikeyp
05-23-2008, 11:12 PM
It doesn't matter. This isn't college football where OU or Texas runs it up on SW Missouri Tech State. Its pro basketball....I seriously doubt anyone on the Spurs noticed.

Deb
05-23-2008, 11:13 PM
I hope the Spurs remember that 3 pt shot the Lakers took when the game was way over. It should piss them off.

The same people who gave up against New Orleans will give up now. Spurs just have to come home and win two games. Last time I checked, it takes four wins to win a series.

Spurs will bounce back.

Yep, I hope everyone noticed the Fakers running the score up. That was totally classless.

ballhog
05-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Don't you boys have a Laker board to pat yourselves on the back?

TheMACHINE
05-23-2008, 11:15 PM
yah cuz remembering that will really motivate the spurs lol

Solid D
05-23-2008, 11:16 PM
It doesn't matter. This isn't college football where OU or Texas runs it up on SW Missouri Tech State. Its pro basketball....I seriously doubt anyone on the Spurs noticed.

True. The Lakers should have tried to steal the ball with 3 seconds left and play all 48 minutes.

Bob Lanier
05-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Uh, there was more time on the game clock at the time than on the shot clock.

What should they have done? Held on to the ball and taken a turnover?

baseline bum
05-23-2008, 11:20 PM
Rob did the same thing to Detroit in game 1 of the 05 Finals, and it wasn't classless then either.

Solid D
05-23-2008, 11:21 PM
Uh, there was more time on the game clock at the time than on the shot clock.

What should they have done? Held on to the ball and taken a turnover?

Yes, we know. Hold on and take a turnover is one of several options teams have when they are up by 27.

dav4463
05-23-2008, 11:29 PM
When Nazr did it, Pop was not happy about it at all. Nazr went in the doghouse after that shot.

TheMACHINE
05-23-2008, 11:33 PM
Yes, we know. Hold on and take a turnover is one of several options teams have when they are up by 27.

who the hell wants to have a turnover...play some D when you know theres more time then 24 secs.

Solid D
05-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Rob did the same thing to Detroit in game 1 of the 05 Finals, and it wasn't classless then either.

It wasn't very good, either, but the Spurs were leading by 12 and Duncan, Parker and Bowen were still in the game.

LakerFanSince84
05-23-2008, 11:40 PM
^^Gets it.

It's not like the shot clock was off guys and girls.

samikeyp
05-23-2008, 11:41 PM
^^Gets it.

It's not like the shot clock was off guys and girls.

Exactly.

Since 84 huh....good, a real fan for a change. :tu

Solid D
05-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Everyone knows there was a differential. There is nothing to get about that.

ether
05-23-2008, 11:43 PM

Spurs will bounce back.

I really hate when players or fans (or anyone for that matter) complains about a team running up the score. In professional sports, you play to the whistle sounds. This isn't Michigan-Ohio State. If a team has a problem with another team scoring late in the game when they are already up 30, they should grow a pair and stop them. Plain and simple.

deadratsam
05-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Didn't Joakim Noah get in big trouble with his coach for shooting the ball on the last possession even though they were up by lots of points? I don't even know if it went in, but they were right under a 100 and he wanted to win tacos or something for the home crowd so he went for it and got in trouble for it.

Several teams (Spurs included) will hold the ball and get the shot clock violation.

mikeanthony21
05-23-2008, 11:49 PM
When Nazr did it, Pop was not happy about it at all. Nazr went in the doghouse after that shot.

No, actually... he went to Detroit.

Solid D
05-23-2008, 11:53 PM
I really hate when players or fans (or anyone for that matter) complains about a team running up the score. In professional sports, you play to the whistle sounds. This isn't Michigan-Ohio State. If a team has a problem with another team scoring late in the game when they are already up 30, they should grow a pair and stop them. Plain and simple.

Difference between you and me, I guess. If the three was taken by Trevor Ariza, or Matt Bonner with the tables turned, or some other deep bench guy...no biggie. He's excited to get in there and play a few trips. Luke Walton is a regular rotation guy. That's just me, I guess, but I don't think it takes growing a pair to shoot the guy with the white flag.

DazedAndConfused
05-23-2008, 11:56 PM
Classless? There was more time left on the game clock than the shot clock, you have to shoot on that possession. Why the hell would the Lakers take a turnover? That makes no sense.

Roxsfan
05-23-2008, 11:57 PM

Spurs will bounce back.

wgamfs, it was luke the scrub walton......

IllegalAmigo
05-24-2008, 12:00 AM
I know I'm going to remember that 3pt shot. I'll be having a few somewhere and mention to someone, "Remember when Luke spotted up from behind the arc with a 27 point lead and nailed it in the Spurs' faces? That was cool."

kace
05-24-2008, 12:04 AM
hell even Chris Paul let his team take a TO in one game in the serie against us in the same situation :lol

but i really wouldn't blame the lakers for that. there was still time on the clock, no problem here.

KillerBee
05-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Yep, I hope everyone noticed the Fakers running the score up. That was totally classless.

Shut up Pussy.

LakerFanSince84
05-24-2008, 01:51 AM
Exactly.

Since 84 huh....good, a real fan for a change. :tu

Thx for the kind words man. When you're a die hard fan the winning wave feels that much sweeter when it comes around again. I've had to endure 2 of the worst down periods in Lakers history. The 90's had a couple fun teams to watch with Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Peeler, Campbell, Ceballos, etc, but for the most part the 90's blew (as far as championship contending is concerned).

2004-2005 was easily the hardest season to endure!

However the recent Kwame Brown Smush Parker teams were the most frustrating!

samikeyp
05-24-2008, 01:53 AM
Thx for the kind words man. When you're a die hard fan the winning wave feels that much sweeter when it comes around again. I've had to endure 2 of the worst down periods in Lakers history. The 90's had a couple fun teams to watch with Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Peeler, Campbell, Ceballos, etc, but for the most part the 90's blew (as far as championship contending is concerned).

2004-2005 was easily the hardest season to endure!

However the recent Kwame Brown Smush Parker teams were the most frustrating!

:lol Try the years between Gervin and Robinson....Ouch!