PDA

View Full Version : After Game 1, I thought...

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 11:16 PM
...hey, the Spurs choked away a potential Game 1 win, and that sucks, but they were able to get a 20-point lead on the Lakers and they were still in the game at the end despite playing like shit in the 4th quarter...they should be able to win Game 2 and get the split. Well, I was mistaken about that. The Lakers are a VASTLY superior team to the Spurs right now. Game 1 was a fluke. The Spurs will have to step up their game A LOT if they want to win this series. They came back from down 0-2 against the Hornets...we'll see if they have any gas left in the tank for another 7-game series.

Honestly, though, I give the Spurs about a 5% chance of winning this series now. The Lakers will probably win a game in SA, and if they do, then it's OVER.

Flame me all you want, but that's just how I see it...smack talk aside, I don't see the Spurs repeating this year...probably not ever in the Duncan era. Their best chance was in 2006, but Manu fucked that up for them (not that they were guaranteed to get by the Heat, with DWade living at the FT line).

Spurs in 6...BELIEVE!!! :flag:

TD=old&busted
05-23-2008, 11:18 PM
man that first loss has to hurt soooo much, you guys would be in control

Deb
05-23-2008, 11:21 PM

Yep, you lucky ass Fakers

TD=old&busted
05-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Yep, you lucky ass Fakers

20 point come from behind requires more than luck :downspin:

good luck trying to watch ESPN the next few days without thinking how over this series is

Ronaldo McDonald
05-23-2008, 11:29 PM
IMO, the Spurs will win games 2 and 3.

Game 5 will decide the series.

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 11:29 PM

Winning Game 1 would have made little or no difference.

Let's say the Spurs won Game 1...do you really think that would change the outcome of the series after what happened tonight? Game 1 was a FLUKE...that big lead was an ILLUSION...when the Lakers are actually playing up to their ability, the Spurs can't compete...their bench, which used to be one of their strong points, is now a huge liability.

The Lakers will likely win Game 3 or 4, and then IT'S O-V-E-R. The Spurs need to get some more youth and speed in the offseason.

Pop better start booking that fishing charter now and beat the summer rush...

peskypesky
05-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Honestly, though, I give the Spurs about a 5% chance of winning this series now.

I give 5% of a shit about what gutless fans like you have to say.
:flag:

florige
05-23-2008, 11:31 PM
...hey, the Spurs choked away a potential Game 1 win, and that sucks, but they were able to get a 20-point lead on the Lakers and they were still in the game at the end despite playing like shit in the 4th quarter...they should be able to win Game 2 and get the split. Well, I was mistaken about that. The Lakers are a VASTLY superior team to the Spurs right now. Game 1 was a fluke. The Spurs will have to step up their game A LOT if they want to win this series. They came back from down 0-2 against the Hornets...we'll see if they have any gas left in the tank for another 7-game series.

Honestly, though, I give the Spurs about a 5% chance of winning this series now. The Lakers will probably win a game in SA, and if they do, then it's OVER.

Flame me all you want, but that's just how I see it...smack talk aside, I don't see the Spurs repeating this year...probably not ever in the Duncan era. Their best chance was in 2006, but Manu fucked that up for them (not that they were guaranteed to get by the Heat, with DWade living at the FT line).

Don't be surprised if LA wins game 3. Phil Jackson will preach to them what happened against NO's.

Ronaldo McDonald
05-23-2008, 11:33 PM
Evidently, many Laker fans didn't watch the Hornets series. They'd know better than to count us out at this stage. Sure, it'll be tough - our chances are slim...probably less than 5%, but you know what?

So was Finley and Duncan both hitting threes in the Suns series, and so was coming from behind after being down 0-2 in the last series.

Why not prove everyone wrong again?

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 11:37 PM
Evidently, many Laker fans didn't watch the Hornets series. They'd know better than to count us out at this stage. Sure, it'll be tough - our chances are slim...probably less than 5%, but you know what?

So was Finley and Duncan both hitting threes in the Suns series, and so was coming from behind after being down 0-2 in the last series.

Well, the series isn't over until one team wins 4 games...the last series against the Hornets proved that...if it takes 7 games to get it done, then so be it...sure, it's not looking good right now, but the Spurs aren't done just yet.

:flag:

21_Blessings
05-23-2008, 11:38 PM
Hakeem >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Robinson. Just sayin.

sendman
05-23-2008, 11:38 PM

And there goes your plan...

ether
05-23-2008, 11:39 PM

this almost makes sense. almost.

ether

obviously.

bdictjames
Duncan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe

samikeyp
05-23-2008, 11:40 PM

Which has what to do with this series?

Neither are playing.

21_Blessings
05-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Duncan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe

You're wrong. Or maybe you didn't watch the last two games.

Ronaldo McDonald
05-23-2008, 11:43 PM
this almost makes sense. almost.

just trying to stay optimistic, man. :lol

Princess Pimp
05-23-2008, 11:44 PM

DENIAL

bdictjames
05-23-2008, 11:45 PM
You're wrong. Or maybe you didn't watch the last two games.
Duncan and Kobe obviously did what they're supposed to do. Its just that the Lakers have played better as a team.

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 11:46 PM
DENIAL

How so? The series isn't over yet, loser fat boy... :lol

boutons_
05-23-2008, 11:48 PM
"I give the Spurs about a 5% chance of winning this series now"

WAY too optimistic.

93% teams who start 0-2 lose the series.

Has any team started __T W O__ playoff series 0-2 and won both series? Ever?

TampaDude
05-23-2008, 11:57 PM
"I give the Spurs about a 5% chance of winning this series now"

WAY too optimistic.

93% teams who start 0-2 lose the series.

Has any team started __T W O__ playoff series 0-2 and won both series? Ever?

Yes...the 2008 Spurs. :hat

24life
05-23-2008, 11:57 PM
Some of you spurs fan have to understand Lakers are NOT the hornets. yes i Know spurs came back and pull away form hornets but Lakers are 10 times better then hornets. Lakers have so many weapons and have way more ways to win.
Their bench is the best in the NBA. And Chris Paul is no kobe bryant. Kobe can do everything chris Paul can do but better. If his team is not doing well, he can single handedly bring his team to win. Unlike Chris Paul, if his team doesnt do well, he cannot bring them back. No disrespect to cp3 but this is true.
Lakers are not hornets. Its possible SPurs can win this series but it will take a miracle

BruceLeeBowen
05-24-2008, 12:46 AM
Spurs are in trouble.

Mamba24
05-24-2008, 01:04 AM
The difference between the Lakers and the Hornets is depth. When Bowen was put on Peja (who is basically a one-dimensional player) all New Orleans had left to score was West and Paul. All 5 Laker starters have the potential to go for 20+ a game. Plus, Farmar and Sasha who can also explode. In Game 2, everybody saw what happens when Lamar Odom plays like the stud I know he is. Other teams are helpless.

polandprzem
05-24-2008, 06:20 AM

because the whole freshness the spurs had is lost.

They won the 7th game to NO because they had 4 days off.

They had no gas going into game one. Lakers were rusty nad they they made a run and outscored the spurs by 54 points!

It's not even close right now.
Spurs are not competing.

Nuff said.

Last time the spurs seemed so lost was 2001

pakzz
05-24-2008, 06:45 AM
after game 1....

i conclude that Lakers will win it in 5 games :p:

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 06:51 AM

Like I said, get over the Hornets because that series doesn't matter now. And Cris Paul vs. Kobe? Please!!!! I love this site, and I love the Spurs fans who know basketball.... and the Spurs have won with Timmie. Guess what? It's a new day regardless of what you've done in the past. The time is now. Get your sheat together!!!! The Lakers got that message, and they moving on!!!!!!!!!!!!:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:: lobt2::lobt2:

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 06:54 AM

Yeah, BELIEVE!!!!!!! aahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahaha.. The Spurs better win Game 3 or brooms are coming out!!!!!! The easiest $150 I'll ever make!!! Sorry MIB, low blow. Will you forgive me???? :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol