PDA

View Full Version : Spurs > Lakers

MiamiHeat
05-24-2008, 12:47 AM
The NBA needs to look into changing some rules when trades like Gasol for Kwame Brown happen.

Spurs are doing it the right way, while Kobe cries and demands a trade, sparking the Lakers to pull cheating trades like Gasol and then convince Fisher to leave Utah and use the 'daughter' excuse.

I really hope the Spurs pull through and win the series, but even if they don't, the Spurs are better because Spurs win the right way while the Lakers are a product of the cheating trades and signing of fisher.

Spurs > Lakers

NY_LakerFan
05-24-2008, 12:49 AM
What a hypocrite. Spurs tank an entire season when Robinson is injured just so they can get a chance at Duncan ... and you have the nerve to criticize the Lakers-Memphsis trade???

The Curs are the LEAST classy team in the NBA.

Lakers14Titles
05-24-2008, 12:52 AM
The NBA needs to look into changing some rules when trades like Gasol for Kwame Brown happen.

Spurs are doing it the right way, while Kobe cries and demands a trade, sparking the Lakers to pull cheating trades like Gasol and then convince Fisher to leave Utah and use the 'daughter' excuse.

I really hope the Spurs pull through and win the series, but even if they don't, the Spurs are better because Spurs win the right way while the Lakers are a product of the cheating trades and signing of fisher.

Spurs > Lakers

Does your mom know you're up so late stupid?

MiamiHeat
05-24-2008, 12:54 AM
a laker fan?

Just remember this :

It took a stacked roster like this :

PG - Derek Fisher
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lamar Odom
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Andrew Bynum (or Gasol now)

for the Lakers and kobe to finally start winning something.

Not impressed in the least. anyone can win with that roster. Very lame the things that happened this season.

Spurs should not have to deal with this.

timmydidit
05-24-2008, 12:55 AM
+1

Lakers14Titles
05-24-2008, 12:56 AM
a laker fan?

Just remember this :

It took a stacked roster like this :

PG - Derek Fisher
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lamar Odom
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Andrew Bynum (or Gasol now)

for the Lakers and kobe to finally start winning something.

Not impressed in the least. anyone can win with that roster. Very lame the things that happened this season.

Spurs should not have to deal with this.

You're a Miami Heat fan, 16 wins should impress you loser.

Dopey310
05-24-2008, 12:56 AM
Miami Heat.:lol :lmao:lmao:rollin:blah hahaaha a Miami Heat fan. Nuff said.

crc21209
05-24-2008, 12:59 AM
What a hypocrite. Spurs tank an entire season when Robinson is injured just so they can get a chance at Duncan ... and you have the nerve to criticize the Lakers-Memphsis trade???

Shut the fuck up bitch and fuck off...seriously....you have no idea how hurt D-Rob was that year...nobody knows...but him...and even if they did so called "tank" to get Timmy....we didnt have the worst record or the best odds to get him...that would be Boston...it's just the way the ping pong balls bounced...we built our team the right way...draft picks..free agency...Tony- Late 1st round pick, Manu- Middle-Late 2nd round pick..Bruce-Journey man. So take your Spurs tanked comment and shove it ass.

Lakers14Titles
05-24-2008, 01:00 AM
Truth hurts Spurs fans doesn't it?

MiamiHeat
05-24-2008, 01:02 AM
Just remember, the entire NBA will remember the moves made this year by the Lakers and will complain about it should the Lakers continue to succeed.

Lakers14Titles
05-24-2008, 01:04 AM
Just remember, the entire NBA will remember the moves made this year by the Lakers and will complain about it should the Lakers continue to succeed.

What does this even mean? Complain to who?

Seriously how old are you?

Helix Versa
05-24-2008, 01:05 AM
And?

TheMACHINE
05-24-2008, 01:07 AM
Spurs are allowed 3 all stars...but Lakers only suppose to have 1. those are the rules.

bonzi_isaspurskiller
05-24-2008, 01:07 AM
Down 2-0 I see exactly why you would say such things. :rolleyes

MiamiHeat
05-24-2008, 01:08 AM
Spurs are allowed 3 all stars...but Lakers only suppose to have 1. those are the rules.

Did you draft Pau Gasol ?

did you acquire Derek Fisher in the off-season through free agency?

Helix Versa
05-24-2008, 01:08 AM
So, in the time that the Lakers and Grizzlies were contemplating their deal, the league had no clue to what was going on? Like there were some element of a backdoor deal being had? The two sides had to agree to it to make it happen, so if you, a neophyte Heat fan, has issues then speak to the Grizzlies' front office. Because if you want to play cute with baseless accusations, then come with some proof that shady moves were made.

Lakers14Titles
05-24-2008, 01:09 AM

How did you get Shaq moron? Trades and free agency are part of the game stupid.

STFU and go back to your Barbie Dolls.

KobeOwnsBowen
05-24-2008, 01:10 AM
You know the Lakers are in your heads when you hear whining about the Gasol trade. I guess he isn't that soft afterall. :D

Helix Versa
05-24-2008, 01:11 AM
Derek Fisher was allowed to opt out of his contract by who? Oh, that's right--the owner of the Jazz Larry Miller. See a trend? IF there were any wrongdoing the L would've said something. How wretched must you be to question the validity of Fisher's desire to move to a city with the best possible care for his daughter? If memory serves me correct, he also looked at N.Y./N.J. and Chicago as possible destinations. It so happened that L.A. has the best care for his child. Also, we had Smush fuckin' Parker as our no. 1.

timmydidit
theres no championship for the lakers if they dodge a bullet with the spurs they still got detroit to deal with.

BruceLeeBowen

poor heat fan misses the glory days of shaq!

MiamiHeat
05-24-2008, 01:13 AM
So, in the time that the Lakers and Grizzlies were contemplating their deal...........

Yes.

Memphis did not accept any calls and did not tell anyone Gasol was available. Gasol deal was done quickly in secret. Many teams had MUCH BETTER offers than Los Angeles, but for some reason, it was all kept nicely under wraps until the deal was done and over. The NBA was left saying "huh?"

Spurs are the real champions here.

McManus59

Will they complain about the Celtics as well?

Helix Versa
Didn't the Heat basically "mail" it in at the end of this season in hopes of winning the Michael Beasley sweepstakes? If that were the case, then that team is certainly cheating the system....

Lakers14Titles
05-24-2008, 01:14 AM
theres no championship for the lakers if they dodge a bullet with the spurs they still got detroit to deal with.

If the Spurs win this series they'll be the ones who dodged a bullet considering how embarrassing their play has been so far.

Delusional Spur fan.

Helix Versa
05-24-2008, 01:15 AM
It's sad that fans of other teams feel compelled to buoy their insecurities and point their spite at the Lakers. Throwing fits and calling out things that make no goddamn sense.

Lakers14Titles
05-24-2008, 01:15 AM
Yes.

Memphis did not accept any calls and did not tell anyone Gasol was available. Gasol deal was done quickly in secret. Many teams had MUCH BETTER offers than Los Angeles, but for some reason, it was all kept nicely under wraps until the deal was done and over. The NBA was left saying "huh?"

So that's the Lakers fault? God you're a moron.
Answer my question, how did the Heat get Shaq? Through the draft I guess huh?

Helix Versa
05-24-2008, 01:16 AM
Sad someone would have to look ahead to a team that has nothing to do with their personal favorite to find some vindication...

Lakers14Titles
05-24-2008, 01:16 AM
I wasn't aware the Miami Heat had any real fans. They never did.

MiamiHeat
05-24-2008, 01:19 AM
So that's the Lakers fault?

Absolutely. There was something corrupt going on there, and it wasn't Memphis. They could have had the easiest time in the world fielding Gasol for nothing. Lakers are the ones to benefit here.

An investigation should be made

Helix Versa
05-24-2008, 01:21 AM
Yes.

You are wrong.

IF there were no inkling of what was happening, then why did Broussard and the other hacks @ ESPN have discussions of what team would possibly end up landing Gasol? There was knowledge that the trade was inevitable and there were other suitors that the Grizzlies brass were discussing. Unless your name is Deep Throat ver. 2.0 and you were there to witness any wrongdoing perped by the two teams, then keep making these pathetic accusations. They only make you look stupid.

And...

If there is a consipracy, harp on the Boston Celtics as well. I mean, if you're going to be juvenile and throw out these outlandish things, do them the favor of lipservice as well. Do you think Kevin "I broke the rules w/Joe Smith" McHale had no bias in letting a trade happen with his beloved Leprechauns? Or, the fact that they were able to add Ray Allen to the mix for a handful of scrubs that included Delonte West and Gerald Green. How "fair" is that?

Lakers14Titles
05-24-2008, 01:21 AM
Again, how did you get Shaq? Answer my question little man.

Helix Versa
05-24-2008, 01:23 AM
And Ray Allen is, and will always be 10x better than Delonte West and Gerald Green, so that's a corrupt deal! I mean to add Allen to a team with Garnett and Paul Pierce is just SO unfair.

Helix Versa
05-24-2008, 01:24 AM
How much did your Mickey pay the refs in 2006?

MiamiHeat
05-24-2008, 01:26 AM
Helix Versa is a Laker fan and he/she doesn't even know the details of the Gasol trade.

Memphis didn't take a single call for Gasol other than Lakers. Something was going on behind the scenes there. Maybe Mitch Kupcake offered a BJ or something.

Bandwagon fans, all aboard the Laker bus. Now with a stacked roster, we can praise Kobe !

samikeyp
05-24-2008, 01:26 AM
The "unfair trade" card is just as stupid and childish and ignorant as the "Spurs tanked" card. LA didn't violate any league rules. The trade, while not good for Lakers opponents, was totally legal. And yes, Robinson and Elliott's injuries were legit. When a 37 year old, end of the line Dominique Wilkins is your leading scorer, you are in trouble.

Lakers14Titles
05-24-2008, 01:28 AM
Helix Versa is a Laker fan and he/she doesn't even know the details of the Gasol trade.

Memphis didn't take a single call for Gasol other than Lakers. Something was going on behind the scenes there. Maybe Mitch Kupcake offered a BJ or something.

Bandwagon fans, all aboard the Laker bus. Now with a stacked roster, we can praise Kobe !

Answer my fucking question you little pussy.

HOW DID THE HEAT GET SHAQ? THROUGH THE DRAFT?

Helix Versa
05-24-2008, 01:33 AM

You know for a undisputed fact they took no other calls?

I didn't have time to pay attention to the trade talk because I was busy writing my dissertation. Am I sorry that I'm not 100% up to date on the workings of the trade? No. Because I don't have to answer to you or to anyone about the validity of my fanship. You don't know me as I don't know you.

But you can make all these b.s. allegations all you want it won't it won't come to pass.

cobbler
05-24-2008, 01:35 AM
Yes.

Gasol was mentioned in many possible trade scenarios. I know Chicago was talking with them. Where are your sources? Just because YOU think other offers were better for Memphis makes the deal sneaky? Memphis was looking for the largest expering contract and draft picks. Kwames contract was the largest. Simple as that. They are following the Portland model of dumping salaries and obtaining young talent to develop. Sounds a lot like sour grapes to me. All these people saying it a gift, a steal, dishonest that we got such a goodplayer for so little. Then in the next post they talk about how soft Pau is and how Duncan (whoever that paticular teams bigman) is going to use him.

And all trades must be Approved by the NBA. There was no suprise there.

Again, i would love to see your sources. And when i say sources, i mean provable facts, not charles barkley or any other media fool ranting.

Discoflux
05-24-2008, 01:35 AM
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-05/39184097.jpg

LakerLanny
05-24-2008, 01:42 AM
So, in the time that the Lakers and Grizzlies were contemplating their deal, the league had no clue to what was going on? Like there were some element of a backdoor deal being had? The two sides had to agree to it to make it happen, so if you, a neophyte Heat fan, has issues then speak to the Grizzlies' front office. Because if you want to play cute with baseless accusations, then come with some proof that shady moves were made.

Maybe you can make a complaint to Pockavich's trade committee :lol

MiamiHeat
05-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Spurs over Lakers.

21_Blessings
05-24-2008, 05:18 PM
This thread; it fails

Lakers > Spurs > every other NBA team > Miami Heat

timaios
05-24-2008, 05:20 PM
I have a question : is it a Spurs forum ???

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-24-2008, 05:24 PM
This thread; it fails

Lakers > Spurs > every other NBA team > Miami Heat

:lol

LakerLanny
05-24-2008, 05:25 PM

That "Memphis did not take a single call for Gasol other than Lakers" is simply not true. Teams make calls back and forth all the time, any other team could have offered Memphis a better deal and they likely would have taken it.

But they didn't have the foresight or knowledge to do so and that is the Lakers fault? Are you really stupid enough to think Memphis intentionally took less than they could get otherwise?

This was a cap relief deal, nothing more, nothing less.

Maybe Pockavich's "trade committee" can look into it. At least the Lakers didn't fake injuries and intentionally tank a season to get their franchise player.

And Heat fan is an embarrassment, period. Your arena rarely sells out, your fans are among the softest in all of professional sports and your star player takes the last two months of the season off because the team was in the midst of a bad season. No heart, no guts and now no No. 1 pick.

Just be happy the league gifted you the least memorable title in the NBA in the last 25 years (other than the * season of course) and be happy.

200 miles
05-24-2008, 05:34 PM

:rollin

LakerLanny
05-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Also, it wasn't "Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol" solely.

It was a lot more than that, the Lakers gave up a very promising young guard, Javaris Crittenton, two #1 picks and the rights to Marc Gasol in addition to Kwame.

Considering JC was our #1 pick this last year, that is essentially 3 #1 picks, Kwame Brown and a rapidly developing Marc Gasol for one player, albeit a very good player.

Heat fans are absolutely moronic.

21_Blessings
05-24-2008, 05:44 PM
Also, it wasn't "Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol" solely.

It was a lot more than that, the Lakers gave up a very promising young guard, Javaris Crittenton, two #1 picks and the rights to Marc Gasol in addition to Kwame.

Considering JC was our #1 pick this last year, that is essentially 3 #1 picks, Kwame Brown and a rapidly developing Marc Gasol for one player, albeit a very good player.

Heat fans are absolutely moronic.

Don't forget, "cap space".

If the Griz wanted too, they could sign an all-star type free agent with the cap space that was created by the trade.

Lakers Dynasty
05-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Heat suck.

The sole remaining Heat fan won't answer the question about how they got Shaq because it blows the whole Unfair Trade theory.

Morons say what morons say.

What we know is that the Lakers are better than we thought. And we know the Spurs are not as dominant as we thought.

But we were all right about the Heat.

KB24 MVP
05-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Well 2 start off shit why u heat dawgs complaining 4 we gave u Shaq 4 Odom u won ur title we didnt say shit we minded our buisness so what we get Gasol and Fisher n u homeys r bitching about it... just mind ur own teams buisness and hope u get a kinda good player in the lottery cause ur gonna need it 2 at least make it to 30 wins hahahaha... we love this jealousy from all these teams man that means were yhe showtime is gettin 2 them..

next part- WTF are u talking about dodging bullet man damn after we kick the Sperms ass n go 2 the Finals aginst Bos or DET and we loose somehow fuck it were young n got really far Gasol hast even had a full season with the Lakes and Bynum hast played with Gasol is 20 and next season hell be better along with our Bench thats awsome. and shit the funny part is that u dont need 2 dodge bullets ur still goin down with Aids cause aint nothing stopping age u gettin old as hell and in 2 or 3 years ull be in the lottery with the Heat cryng about us hahahaha..!

MiamiHeat
05-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Lamar odom averages 15-20ppg, 9-10 rebs, 4-5 assists. Caron Butler is an all-star. Blame Laker management for trading him.

Gasol for Kwame brown, a late 1st rounder (junk) and scrub in critterton? lawl.

DazedAndConfused
05-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Heat suck.

The sole remaining Heat fan won't answer the question about how they got Shaq because it blows the whole Unfair Trade theory.

Morons say what morons say.

What we know is that the Lakers are better than we thought. And we know the Spurs are not as dominant as we thought.

But we were all right about the Heat.

You are rapidly becoming my favorite Laker fan here on SpursTalk.

GrandeDavid
05-24-2008, 08:15 PM

Dude, the Spurs tanked that season? Are you high or just uninformed? David Robinson WAS the entire team!! And Boston was the heavy favorite to win the draft.

Lakers Dynasty
05-24-2008, 10:22 PM
You are rapidly becoming my favorite Laker fan here on SpursTalk.

Thank-you.

And the fact that somebody with LWO plastered on his name gets 3500 posts here without getting banned says something to both the quality of the posts, and the free-for-all generous nature of the board.

ImmortalD24
05-24-2008, 10:39 PM
This thread; it fails

Lakers > Spurs > every other NBA team > Miami Heat+1

Ghazi
05-24-2008, 11:02 PM
a heat fan talking about cheating? The whistles HANDED you your only title (I don't CARE if I sound like a sore loser, I will go to the grave believing this).