PDA

View Full Version : Possible Bulls trade

Tacker
05-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Here are some of the possible trades that I came up with....

1-Indiana Pacers- Pacers are in need of a point guard... Perhaps they take and Sign Ben Gordon and we'll also throw in Kirk Hinrich and Tyrus Thomas and in return we get a good inside scorer in Jermaine Oneal.

2-Miami Heat Miami heat need a point guard and I highly doubt they're going to get Derrek Rose considering he is a Chicago native and most the 1st pick are highly in his favors. Unless they demote their 2nd pick and pick OJ Mayo.. Heat are pretty much stuck without a PG. Perhaps they we trade a strong PG in Kirk Hinrich along with Tyrus Thomas or Drew Gooden and we get Shawn Marion...

3-Milwaukee Bucks Trade Hinrich and Gordon to the Bucks for Michael Redd. The Bulls could then put Redd at the 3 and move Deng to power forward. With Rose at the point that would create a dynamic offense.

4-Dallas Mavericks Package Hinrich with Sefolosha and Gordon for Josh Howard and Jason Terry (this deal doesn’t seem fair but the Mavs are about to blow that team up).

5-Golden State Warriors Trade Hinrich and Gordon to the Warriors for Baron Davis and then draft Beasley.

L.A Clippers Trade Hinrich and Gordon to the Clippers for Corey Maggette, Tim Thomas, and Brevin Knight. Thomas would be released right after the trade and is used solely to match salaries. Knight is an excellent backup point guard and would be a terrific mentor to Derrick Rose. Maggette and Deng together with Rose could turn into the foundation of the franchise.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-24-2008, 09:35 AM
1-Indiana Pacers- Pacers are in need of a point guard... Perhaps they take and Sign Ben Gordon and we'll also throw in Kirk Hinrich and Tyrus Thomas and in return we get a good inside scorer in Jermaine Oneal..
You lose a starting point guard, potential-starting shooting guard, and a progressing ferocious forward for a power forward who'll only play 45 games.

2-Miami Heat Miami heat need a point guard and I highly doubt they're going to get Derrek Rose considering he is a Chicago native and most the 1st pick are highly in his favors. Unless they demote their 2nd pick and pick OJ Mayo.. Heat are pretty much stuck without a PG. Perhaps they we trade a strong PG in Kirk Hinrich along with Tyrus Thomas or Drew Gooden and we get Shawn Marion...
You're putting a lot of emphasis on your trade thoughts in the Bulls taking Derrick Rose. How sure are you of that?

3-Milwaukee Bucks Trade Hinrich and Gordon to the Bucks for Michael Redd. The Bulls could then put Redd at the 3 and move Deng to power forward. With Rose at the point that would create a dynamic offense.
True that.

4-Dallas Mavericks Package Hinrich with Sefolosha and Gordon for Josh Howard and Jason Terry (this deal doesn’t seem fair but the Mavs are about to blow that team up).
The Mavs are about to blow the team up, yes, but they're gonna want equal value back in what they trade. They're not completely starting over from scratch, they're gonna make some trades and experiment to see if they get any better than last year.

5-Golden State Warriors Trade Hinrich and Gordon to the Warriors for Baron Davis and then draft Beasley.
:tu

L.A Clippers Trade Hinrich and Gordon to the Clippers for Corey Maggette, Tim Thomas, and Brevin Knight. Thomas would be released right after the trade and is used solely to match salaries. Knight is an excellent backup point guard and would be a terrific mentor to Derrick Rose. Maggette and Deng together with Rose could turn into the foundation of the franchise.
This can work, but the only thing I would be concerned with is that after you trade away Gordon, you have no shooting guard with an above-average jumpshot. Maggette's jumpshot = shit.

PacerFan
05-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Tacker, where can the Pacers sign up for that at? The rest of Hinrich's contract sucks, but hell that deal is way too good to pass up.

BacktoBasics
05-24-2008, 10:10 AM
If I'm a Chicago fan none of this really seems that appealing other than maybe the Baron deal but I'd want something additional envolved. Maybe their pick or one of their young guys like Bellinelli or however its spelled.

Tacker
05-24-2008, 10:24 AM
You lose a starting point guard, potential-starting shooting guard, and a progressing ferocious forward for a power forward who'll only play 45 games.

You're putting a lot of emphasis on your trade thoughts in the Bulls taking Derrick Rose. How sure are you of that?

True that.

The Mavs are about to blow the team up, yes, but they're gonna want equal value back in what they trade. They're not completely starting over from scratch, they're gonna make some trades and experiment to see if they get any better than last year.

:tu

This can work, but the only thing I would be concerned with is that after you trade away Gordon, you have no shooting guard with an above-average jumpshot. Maggette's jumpshot = shit.

remember we still have larry hughes, chris duhon and thabo sefolosha

Vinnie_Johnson
05-24-2008, 10:25 AM
1-Indiana Pacers- Pacers are in need of a point guard... Perhaps they take and Sign Ben Gordon and we'll also throw in Kirk Hinrich and Tyrus Thomas and in return we get a good inside scorer in Jermaine Oneal.

Oneal is Junk.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-24-2008, 10:31 AM
remember we still have larry hughes, chris duhon and thabo sefolosha

My opinion stands.

TDMVPDPOY
05-24-2008, 10:56 AM
trade 5 with GSW

doesnt really make sense at all.

there are 2-3 guys on that GSW up for contract extentions, monta ellis and the center...

wtf do they need ben gordon when monta can do it probably at a cheaper rate also...

PS. another trade scenario i see bulls could pull is either with LAC for brand or WASH for arenas, both sign and trade

Tacker
05-24-2008, 11:27 AM
trade 5 with GSW

doesnt really make sense at all.

there are 2-3 guys on that GSW up for contract extentions, monta ellis and the center...

wtf do they need ben gordon when monta can do it probably at a cheaper rate also...

PS. another trade scenario i see bulls could pull is either with LAC for brand or WASH for arenas, both sign and trade

well you guys are losing a point guard in Baron Davis and need to replace him

PacerFan
05-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Junk is a harsh word. When healthy O'Neal is a very productive player. That said he makes a ton of money as is rarely healthy. If a team is sold Jermaine can stay healthy they could get a steal.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Junk is a harsh word. When healthy O'Neal is a very productive player. That said he makes a ton of money as is rarely healthy. If a team is sold Jermaine can stay healthy they could get a steal.

Ok overrated just look at how he plays vs good centers. Pacers have a lot of good players I think and the record shows they are a better team without him.:toast

PacerFan
05-24-2008, 03:26 PM
I am not disagreeing with you, especially with the way O'Brien plays. In the right system JO can be effective. JO is a year removed from being a 19/9 guy and playing 70 games. A team could realistically have JO for an expiring and a mid round pick/decent prospect. If a team can get him at that rate and he is healthy, they got a hell of a deal. Again, everything hinges on health however.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-24-2008, 04:05 PM
I am not disagreeing with you, especially with the way O'Brien plays. In the right system JO can be effective. JO is a year removed from being a 19/9 guy and playing 70 games. A team could realistically have JO for an expiring and a mid round pick/decent prospect. If a team can get him at that rate and he is healthy, they got a hell of a deal. Again, everything hinges on health however.

When right and not hurt he can be a heck of a player not a Max player or a carry a team player IMO. That said he has a long history of DL stints that would scare me off if I were a GM.

eisfeld
05-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Here are some of the possible trades that I came up with....

Well, besides O'Neals health issues I feel that the Bulls would be giving up too much for him. If they are desperately in need for a PF, offer Gordon + Gooden + Pick for Boozer. Jazz finally get a quality SG and a solid PF and the Bulls get their low-post scorer. Hughes might handle the starting job als SG quite well.

Depends on draft-day trades. They'll draft Beasley if they can't manage to net a quality PF via trades. Rose is the option when Hinrich is gone. I highly doubt that the Heat would give up Marion for this package. Getting Haslem and Davis + Filler should be more appealing for the Heat.

Would be the best trade for the Bulls, but again I doubt the Bucks would take Hinrich when they already have Mo Williams. Hinrich (the way he is playing now) is an downgrade to Williams, so why the Heck would the Bucks accept to pay 11 Million for a backup pg.

Again, a trade which makes sense for the Bulls, but none for the Mavs. While Gordon and Sefolosha might be nice trade assets, Hinrich's 11 Million to come off the bench is too much. Best destination for him would be Miami.

Assuming Barons time in the Bay Area is really up, that could work. Ellis could move to the 5 and Gordon plays the 4.

Sounds nice, I just assume the Clippers would then try to get rid of Mobley.

PacerFan
05-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Keep in mind, if the Bulls feel that Rose is their guy then Hinrich is very expendable. A lot of these scenarios hinge on what they want to do with the first pick.

eisfeld
05-25-2008, 03:08 AM
Keep in mind, if the Bulls feel that Rose is their guy then Hinrich is very expendable. A lot of these scenarios hinge on what they want to do with the first pick.

Don't think so - Whom they'll draft depends on what they can get via trades.

Trading Hinrich/Gordon etc. and getting valuable PF in return --> Rose
Trading Hinrich/Gordon etc. and getting a valuable PG in return --> Beasley
They may also trade Hinrich for some scrubs and draft Rose

mojorizen7
05-25-2008, 06:45 AM

Shhh....STFU.....Kerr may be listening.:lol

PacerFan
05-25-2008, 09:15 AM
Shhh....STFU.....Kerr may be listening.:lol

Haha, I can only hope! We need a guard that can move laterally.

NBA Junkie
05-26-2008, 10:14 AM

I think the Bulls keep Hinrich since Chris Duhon is a UFA and will likely leave.

Ben Gordon is a RFA and he may go in a sign and trade if his asking price is still too high and the Bulls find the right offer.