PDA

View Full Version : more frustrated at the spurs play or another repeat hope dashed?

td4mvp3
05-24-2008, 09:29 AM
just curious. i was really hoping for the repeat, but when i put everything in perspective, it's really hard to be too upset with the spurs after looking at the four championship dvds i've got and the compilation i'm planning to buy and the games that i have. so i figure a lot of the frustration is just from watching another repeat bid falter.

Sigz
05-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Probably more of their play... but damn I just want 1 repeat to stop all the haters from calling us a "true" dynasty.

TampaDude
05-24-2008, 09:50 AM
just curious. i was really hoping for the repeat, but when i put everything in perspective, it's really hard to be too upset with the spurs after looking at the four championship dvds i've got and the compilation i'm planning to buy and the games that i have. so i figure a lot of the frustration is just from watching another repeat bid falter.

Well, they're not done yet...they've been blown out before and still won the series and the championship. It ain't over 'til it's over, despite what the little bitch haters and trolls say. That said, the Spurs do look tired...and I can't help wondering if they've lost some of their hunger for a championship. After a decade of success and four NBA titles, it's easy to just want to go through the motions and collect that fat paycheck. Honestly, I think the fans are taking it harder than the players are. If you're an NBA player, at the end of the season, even if you don't win the title, you still go back to your plush multimillionaire lifestyle, with not a care in the world. It's just a job...a job that pays very well...and I'd trade places with a player on the worst team in the league in an instant. I'm sure most of us on here would, too.

Pay no attention to the trolls who claim, falsely, that the Spurs are not a dynasty just because they didn't repeat. There is no rule that says you must repeat to be considered a dynasty. A dynasty is established by success over a long period of time, and the Spurs fit that definition perfectly...no team in all of professional sports has won more games and more championships over the past ten years than the San Antonio Spurs. No matter what happens in this series or in the future, they are now, and always shall be, a dynasty and a team for the ages.

:flag: GO SPURS GO!!! :flag:

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-24-2008, 09:50 AM
What's the need of more gay threads?

TampaDude
05-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Probably more of their play... but damn I just want 1 repeat to stop all the haters from calling us a "true" dynasty.

That's a false hope, anyway...if the Spurs get the repeat, the trolls will just start saying, "oh, but you didn't get a THREE-peat"...the haters will never be satisfied, so fuck them...us Spurs fans know they are one of the greatest teams ever. :hat

Capt Bringdown
05-24-2008, 09:54 AM
All of the above.
Plus you forgot to mention another playoff exit courtesy of Kobe and PJ.
How many has that been now?

davi78239
05-24-2008, 09:56 AM
It's not over yet guys. But yes, I'd be more frustrated about another repeat opportunity out the window just to hear the damn critics bullshit.

SAGambler
05-24-2008, 10:05 AM
2005 - Championship
2006 - NBA WC Finals
2007 - Championship
2008 - NBA WC Finals

I would say this team has "represented" pretty damn well. If they don't win it all this time, they have still had a much better run than the rest of the NBA.

TampaDude
05-24-2008, 12:44 PM
2005 - Championship
2006 - NBA WC Finals
2007 - Championship
2008 - NBA WC Finals

I would say this team has "represented" pretty damn well. If they don't win it all this time, they have still had a much better run than the rest of the NBA.

Actually, the Spurs lost the WCSF in 2006, not the WCF, but your point is still valid. The Spurs have a .711 winning percentage over the last 10 years, better than any other team in pro sports. The Spurs have made the playoffs 11 years in a row, and advanced to four NBA Finals during that time, winning all four. The Spurs are UNDEFEATED in 4 trips to the NBA Finals. Only the Jordan Bulls ever did better, going 6 for 6 in the 1990s.

Even if the run ends this year, we can still be proud of our Spurs...most pro teams in any sport can only dream of having the kind of resounding success the Spurs have enjoyed in the Tim Duncan era.

That said, the Spurs ain't done yet!!! GO SPURS GO!!! :flag: