PDA

View Full Version : between 100.5 and 101.3

Creation88
05-24-2008, 09:38 AM
the average amount of points the Lakers are allowing in the post-season and the regular season.

we're averaging 78 points per game.

we can score against this team, we just need to hit open shots. :flag:

DarrinS
05-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Spurs need rest. Unfortunately, they're not going to get any.

This Spurs had to play two extremely competetive and physically draining series to get to the WCF, culminating in an overnight sleep in a broken airplane. The Lakers had a breeze in round 1 and a fairly easy time in the semis, with 4 days rest before game 1.

I know, I know -- no excuses, but I don't see how anyone could think these things are not a factor in the games.

A fresh, rested, injury-free Spurs team would not take a 30 point beat down from this Lakers team.

Farmar outscoring Parker, Manu looking like absolute dog shit. This is not the REAL Spurs we are seeing -- it is an abberation.

41times
05-24-2008, 09:54 AM
Spurs need rest. Unfortunately, they're not going to get any.

This Spurs had to play two extremely competetive and physically draining series to get to the WCF, culminating in an overnight sleep in a broken airplane. The Lakers had a breeze in round 1 and a fairly easy time in the semis, with 4 days rest before game 1.

I know, I know -- no excuses, but I don't see how anyone could think these things are not a factor in the games.

A fresh, rested, injury-free Spurs team would not take a 30 point beat down from this Lakers team.

Farmar outscoring Parker, Manu looking like absolute dog shit. This is not the REAL Spurs we are seeing -- it is an abberation.

Getting old as a team/franchise sux and that is what is happening to the Spurs. A young team only needs 1 day off in between games. Remember 5 or 6 years ago? thats all the Spurs needed.

But when you hit your mid 30's you need a little more rest and the Spurs have a lot of guys who are 34 or more playing and they cant play at the highest level every other day for weeks at a time. just cant.

2Cleva
05-24-2008, 09:57 AM
The reason LA gives up that many is because they have played two uptempo teams in Denver and Utah. They both wanted track meets and LA beat them at their own games.

Spurs don't run as much so they want to grind. LA can do that too.

Its not the Lakers defense that is the reason of opposing points - its the tempo. Look at their opponents FG% and 3PT% and you'll see that.