PDA

View Full Version : Can we put to rest the whole "if manu was manu" excuse?

trjons
05-24-2008, 12:27 PM
As TNT pointed out, his ankle didn't bother him vs. NO. That's because NO didn't have a defender like Vujacic.

To say the series would be different is a total copout. The Lakers defense plays in spurts but when it is focused it is among the best in the league.

Kobe has a bad back and a torn ligament in his finger on his shooting hand. Fish has a torn ligament in his foot. Vujacic has an injured toe. Everyone has injuries. They are not a viable excuse.

The Lakers won the first two games because they are a younger more athletic team with a deeper bench.

If the Laker bench dominates the Spurs in San Antonio, this series is over in 5 or less. My guess is they wont .

hater
05-24-2008, 12:29 PM
ok if it makes you feel better.

Truth is Manu's horrible play is testament of what he's going through. But if you want to be in denial, go ahead.

DarrinS
05-24-2008, 12:29 PM
As TNT pointed out, his ankle didn't bother him vs. NO. That's because NO didn't have a defender like Vujacic.

:lmao

I'll give the Lakers underrated defense about 50% credit for how shitty the Spurs are playing.

But don't get too cocky. There are a lot of non-playoff teams that would've beaten the Spurs last night.

trjons
05-24-2008, 12:35 PM
There were a lot of non-playoff teams that would have beat the Lakers in Game 1, but that is meaningless.

The key is they only have to beat the Spurs now.

DarrinS
05-24-2008, 12:37 PM
There were a lot of non-playoff teams that would have beat the Lakers in Game 1, but that is meaningless.

The key is they only have to beat the Spurs now.

True, but the Spurs would've been swept by either Phoenix or NO in their current condition.

trjons
05-24-2008, 12:42 PM
True, but the Spurs would've been swept by either Phoenix or NO in their current condition.

I doubt that. NO was to inexperienced and the Suns haven't had an identity since th Shaq trade.

Emanuel20
05-24-2008, 12:43 PM
I doubt that. NO was to inexperienced and the Suns haven't had an identity since th Shaq trade.

No took us to GAME 7. They are a pretty good team.

Blackjack
05-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Yeah, Vujacic might be the greatest defender Manu's ever seen. Manu's torched just about every great defender in the league at some point, but Vujacic is a completely different animal.

I'm sure his health has nothing to do with it.....;)

trjons
05-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Ginobli is getting older. It makes it tougher when you go up against young quick athletic guys.

Don't be bitter. He and the Spurs had a great run.

Mr.Franchize
05-24-2008, 01:09 PM
kobe = torn liganent/fracture in shooting hand + a bad back. Fisher = torn ligament in right foot. Gasol = bad back. Sasha = sore toe. and we all know about bynum.... stop makin excues spurs fans every one is beat up u see we can pull the injury card as well.

Blackjack
05-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Yeah, they're a fully rested and healthy team. The Spurs have no excuses and the Lakers deserve all the credit in the world. Afterall, the Lakers never get any credit or love for anything they ever do. :)p

Emanuel20
05-24-2008, 01:12 PM
kobe = torn liganent/fracture in shooting hand + a bad back. Fisher = torn ligament in right foot. Gasol = bad back. Sasha = sore toe. and we all know about bynum.... stop makin excues spurs fans every one is beat up u see we can pull the injury card as well.

I am sure after you lose, you will bring that excuse card out!:nope

Emanuel20
05-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Yeah, they're a fully rested and healthy team. The Spurs have no excuses and the Lakers deserve all the credit in the world. Afterall, the Lakers never get any credit or love for anything they ever do. :)p

Right On!:greedy

Mr.Franchize
05-24-2008, 01:13 PM

dont blame the lakers for getting rest. they took care of buisness last series and earned their rest. unlik the spurs that went to 7 games.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Anyone who saw Odom cross over Manu on the baseline in the second quarter and go by him for an easy layup saw that Manu couldn't push off to take a step laterally to his right.

If you Laker idiots really think that indicates Manu is healthy, well then calling you idiots is probably giving you too much credit.

Emanuel20
05-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Anyone who saw Odom cross over Manu on the baseline in the second quarter and go by him for an easy layup saw that Manu couldn't push off to take a step laterally to his right.

If you Laker idiots really think that indicates Manu is healthy, well then calling you idiots is probably giving you too much credit.

Walton and Bryant did similar moves to Manu. And he seemed not to be able to move, not even push on his ankle.

Mr.Franchize
05-24-2008, 01:24 PM

i havent seen anyone say that manu is healthy? were just saying that everyone is injured. so stop the excuses.

Blackjack
05-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Blame the Lakers? Why would I do that? You're 100 percent right. They had homecourt advantage and dismissed the Jazz in a tidy six games. Meanwhile, the Spurs without homecourt advantage had to go to an unheard of seven games.

The fact that while the Lakers were getting rest, the Spurs and Hornets had to wait four days to play game seven makes total sense. I mean, a day off after game seven, a flight across two time-zones, that's completely reasonable. There's no way the Spurs or Hornets would be at any kind of disadvantage.

Shit, getting stuck on a tarmac for eleven hours after a game seven happens to all N.B.A. teams before they start a new series the next day. I'm sure Fisher was even kind enough to let the Spurs borrow some of his H.G.H to aid in their recovery, he is such a class act afterall...

Solid D
05-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Can we put to rest the whole "if manu was manu" excuse?

Well, I guess we all could if Manu was Manu.

:smokin

Mr.Franchize
05-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Blame the Lakers? Why would I do that? You're 100 percent right. They had homecourt advantage and dismissed the Jazz in a tidy six games. Meanwhile, the Spurs without homecourt advantage had to go to an unheard of seven games.

The fact that while the Lakers were getting rest, the Spurs and Hornets had to wait four days to play game seven makes total sense. I mean, a day off after game seven, a flight across two time-zones, that's completely reasonable. There's no way the Spurs or Hornets would be at any kind of disadvantage.

Shit, getting stuck on a tarmac for eleven hours after a game seven happens to all N.B.A. teams before they start a new series the next day. I'm sure Fisher was even kind enough to let the Spurs borrow some of his H.G.H to aid in their recovery, he is such a class act afterall...

lmao this is great keep the excuses coming spurs!! :lmao

Emanuel20
05-24-2008, 01:41 PM

:flag:

Mr.Franchize
05-24-2008, 01:42 PM

if u guys would of beat the hornets in 6 u would of had your 3-4 day rest. :lol

SAGambler
05-24-2008, 01:42 PM

To say the series would be different is a total copout. The Lakers defense plays in spurts but when it is focused it is among the best in the league.

Kobe has a bad back and a torn ligament in his finger on his shooting hand. Fish has a torn ligament in his foot. Vujacic has an injured toe. Everyone has injuries. They are not a viable excuse.

The Lakers won the first two games because they are a younger more athletic team with a deeper bench.

If the Laker bench dominates the Spurs in San Antonio, this series is over in 5 or less. My guess is they wont .

Guess the guys at TNT wasn't watching the games then if they make a statement like that.

Emanuel20
05-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Guess the guys at TNT wasn't watching the games then if they make a statement like that.

It is clear that TNT crew wants the lakers to win and they think that the series is over. This just discredits anything they say!

Blackjack
05-24-2008, 01:47 PM
No excuses here...

I've always believed excuses are like ass-holes, and they look whole hell of a lot like Laker trolls.

spurschick
05-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Well, I guess we all could if Manu was Manu.

:smokin

:lol

chaco
05-24-2008, 01:59 PM
http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2008/05/24/basquet/01679278.html

10:57 | EMANUEL GINOBILI"Yo soy el culpable"Manu se señaló como principal responsable de las derrotas de San Antonio ante los Lakers en la final del Oeste. "Tengo que hacer las cosas mejor, ser más agresivo", dijo. Los Spurs están 2-0 abajo en la serie y mañana, como locales, buscarán descontar.
Desde hace ya un tiempo, Emanuel Ginóbili es una estrella de la NBA. Competitivo como es, el bahiense se hizo cargo de su rol en el equipo y mostró todo su fastidio por sus bajas actuaciones en una serie que pinta muy complicada para San Antonio.

Con la derrota de anoche (101-71 ante Los Angeles Lakers), los Spurs quedaron 2-0 abajo en la final de la Conferencia Oeste. La serie es al mejor de siete juegos, así que nada está dicho. Sin embargo, Manu se culpó por las caídas en los dos primeros partidos y no puso excusas a la hora de hablar de su nivel.

"El tobillo no es el problema. No me está limitando. Simplemente estoy jugando mal", afirmó Ginóbili tras el encuentro jugado anoche en el Staples Center de Los Angeles. "Tengo que hacer las cosas mejor, ser más agresivo", agregó.

Manu terminó como el máximo anotador de San Antonio durante la temporada regular (19.5 puntos por partido), pero sus números bajaron sensiblemente en la actual serie ante los Lakers: 8.5 tantos por juego, con un magro 23,8% en tiros de cancha. "Yo soy el culpable. Si hubiera jugado un poco bien estos dos partidos, iríamos 1-1. Soy crítico conmigo mismo, así que me siento responsable", afirmó,

Por su parte, Pau Gasol, el pivote español que juega para el conjunto angelino, sostuvo: "Manu no ha estado muy fino, lleva dos partidos que no está demasiado bien y su equipo le necesita". El bahiense tendrá revancha mañana, desde las 22, cuando San Antonio reciba a los Lakers en el tercer encuentro de la serie.

trjons
05-24-2008, 01:59 PM

Odom does that to everyone.

Watch much basketball?

Emanuel20
05-24-2008, 02:00 PM
http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2008/05/24/basquet/01679278.html

Can you translate?

Mr.Franchize
05-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Odom does that to everyone.

Watch much basketball?

these silly spurs fans know nothing about playoff odom.. btw

LakeShow
05-24-2008, 02:12 PM
It would be nice not to hear the crap. I'm surprised that fans such as the spurs would even try to use that as an excuse. I will say that I don't see the long time spurs fans using that for an excuse. So it's definitely not all of them. All teams are banged up this time of the year, you just have to suck it up and play. If Manu is playing, he's ok.

YellowFever
05-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Only thing missing from this thread is the sound of violin in the background.

rascal
05-24-2008, 05:59 PM

Its the spurs fault for not having a good enough bench to pick up the slack. Manu made some nice drives to the basket during the game so he is not all that injured. He maybe is not 100 % but he is good enough to be playing so no excuses.

LakerHater
05-24-2008, 06:01 PM
I think we should! Manu isn't complaining about his injuries or making excuses!!

trjons
05-24-2008, 06:01 PM
The first game Popovich has him in street clothes someone might believe he's not using it as an excuse for being shut down.

ChumpDumper
05-24-2008, 06:03 PM
Another approval seeking thread.

trjons
05-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Like I said, just BS.

He was defended well in LA. So far not tonight.

The good news for LA is San Antonio needs 6 3s in a half to be competitive.

AnonymousMavsFan
05-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Like I said, just BS.

Um, it was pretty obvious before the series that the Spurs live off 3's. Good job making yourself look stupid.

SpurAddict561
05-25-2008, 08:51 PM
As you can see, it isn't Vujajic's defense

it's just Manu having mental breakdowns

not his ankle or anything...he's just been out of it

SPARKY
05-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Like I said, just BS.

The good news for SA is Los Angeles just gave up 6 3s in a half.

And the defense isn't any different kiddo.

trjons
05-25-2008, 08:56 PM
Sasha wasn't on him much. The first 2 3s were vs. Radmanovich, one was vs. Kobe and one vs. Farmar.

ShoogarBear
05-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Ah, so Phil is letting this happen on purpose?

Beno Udrih
05-25-2008, 09:59 PM
Ah, so Phil is letting this happen on purpose?

By Laker fan logic..yes.

GSH
05-25-2008, 10:08 PM

Two words.... fuck and you

AnonymousMavsFan
05-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Excuse me, I don't normally come on here, but why are there so many Lakers fans in here talking trash? Why do you let them get away with it?

SPARKY
05-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Excuse me, I don't normally come on here, but why are there so many Lakers fans in here talking trash? Why do you let them get away with it?

Because this is the best fan forum of all. If you make a big enough ass of yourself you'll be run out. Or else we'll just sit back and wait until the Spurs punk your team out.

:king

ShoogarBear
05-25-2008, 10:20 PM
If you make a big enough ass of yourself you'll be run out.

Not true. If you make a big enough ass out of yourself but still manage to not be entertaining you'll be run out.

ChumpDumper
05-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Excuse me, I don't normally come on here, but why are there so many Lakers fans in here talking trash? Why do you let them get away with it?Same reason we let your dumb ass in.

Deb
05-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Manu is a Warrior, nuf said