PDA

View Full Version : So Yall Basically Not Gonna Give Us No Credit?

LAKERZ4EVA
05-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Im reading all these posts,and seeing excuse after excuse..And the thing that gets me is how yall are saying "the lakers are not as good as they look"

i dont get it

E20
05-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Holding up homecourt is what is expected.

spurschick
05-24-2008, 01:47 PM
The Lakers haven't gotten this far on luck. Anyone thinking this was going to be an easy series is kidding themselves. That being said, it's obvious that the Spurs aren't playing Spurs basketball right now and I think even the Lakers were expecting something along the lines of the first half of Game 1.

BlackSwordsMan
05-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Gotta admit a 30 point blow out is pathetic home court or not.

LAKERZ4EVA
05-24-2008, 01:49 PM
I agree what yall are saying..But wassup with some of these posters talking about we not even a good team or we are not better then New Orleans..I dont get that..

spurschick
05-24-2008, 01:51 PM
They just don't know any better. There are some Laker fans spouting off silliness here as well. Best to ignore it.

The_Worlds_finest
05-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Lets see when you guys only show up when your team is decent is one reason no respect is given. Yeah Ill give your team props for game one 20 point turn around pretty good... game two? Our guys were shooting 36 percent and down by three at one point in the game...a team of shooters such as the spurs wont be on every night...You guys still need two more wins and Im hoping they all are thinking just like you and hornets fans thought when they were up 2-0"ITS OVER!"

LAKERZ4EVA
05-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Lets see when you guys only show up when your team is decent is one reason no respect is given. Yeah Ill give your team props for game one 20 point turn around pretty good... game two? Our guys were shooting 36 percent and down by three at one point in the game...a team of shooters such as the spurs wont be on every night...You guys still need two more wins and Im hoping they all are thinking just like you and hornets fans thought when they were up 2-0"ITS OVER!"

Well all of us laker fans are not like that....And that 36 percent was a mixture of bad shooting as well as our defense...

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 02:00 PM
The Lakers don't get any credit until they get the rings. For the Laker fan who wants credit because the Lakers won Game 2 at home... take a chill pill. Get back to earth!!!

The_Worlds_finest
05-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Oh yeah and the must sickening thing about this post is he uses YALL so we know for sure he isnt from LA or even california or even west of the rockies...but must likely right here in texas

LAKERZ4EVA
05-24-2008, 02:08 PM
The Lakers don't get any credit until they get the rings. For the Laker fan who wants credit because the Lakers won Game 2 at home... take a chill pill. Get back to earth!!!

Umm..We have rings already

LAKERZ4EVA
05-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Oh yeah and the must sickening thing about this post is he uses YALL so we know for sure he isnt from LA or even california or even west of the rockies...but must likely right here in texas

Naw homie...Im from the east coast

bonesinaz
05-24-2008, 02:17 PM
No way. Your team is over rated. The talking heads fawning over the lakers makes it 1000 times worse. It doesn't help that we see maybe 10 laker fans/trolls regularly here since 05 until this series.....now there are dozens. Each one wants to start a stupid thread like yours. I have used the ignore button more this month than I have in 5 years.

Why should spur fan give your team credit when your coach never gives the other team credit for a win?

TOP-CHERRY
05-24-2008, 02:36 PM
We aint not gonna give yall no credit.

DarrinS
05-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Us?

KOBES81
05-24-2008, 02:46 PM

I've been a Lakers fan since birth (when you are born in Inglewood, Ca it's state law) and have grown to be older than the entire spurs roster put together. Even knowing the stats on 7 game series whereas Phil Jackson is the coach means nothing. To not take this spurs team seriously would be a huge mistake. They are like cockroaches in that you think you may have stomped then dead but they still keep coming. Even after crushing defeats in the first 2 games of this series the spurs aren't built to let that get into their heads. It's like groundhogs day when they take the court and they are like the stepford wives. They just go to work. My fellow Laker fans should not start planning any parades just yet as there is much more to be done. This series isn't over. I'm not trying to sound pessimistic, I'm actually optimistic. Cautiously optimistic but optimistic none the less. I'm looking forward to tomorrows game, as a road victory will then be very reassuring of a finals appearance.

http://www.lakersbrethren.net/files/BckgrdText/TxtKOBEfire2.gif
http://www.lakersbrethren.net/files/BckgrdText/TxtMVP24fire.gif

ChumpDumper
05-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Why would I give message board posters credit for the way a basketball team plays?

DarrinS
05-24-2008, 02:54 PM
You know, every fanbase has its douchebags, but the level of douchebagdom in the Laker fanbase is disproportionately high.

Not to mention, the Lakers are bandwagoning, fair weather fans.

Was it just me, or did I actually hear booing in game 1?

The Lakers probably could've won 5 or 6 straight championships, were it not for selfish players wanting it to be "their" team. You've got a smug, snotty head coach who insults other teams and is only slightly less arrogant than Bill fuckin Belichick.

watertorture
05-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Having the top seed is something. Having a winning tradition is too.

Crying over losing in the playoffs, calling anyone a 'whiner' who questions your lop-sided trades, handing out *'s like party favors, and begging your opponent to give you credit for winning on your own court are not.

Brutalis
05-24-2008, 03:03 PM
You know, every fanbase has its douchebags, but the level of douchebagdom in the Laker fanbase is disproportionately high.

The Lakers probably could've won 5 or 6 straight championships, were it not for selfish players wanting it to be "their" team. You've got a smug, snotty head coach who insults other teams and is only slightly less arrogant than Bill fuckin Belichick.

I agree. There are no telling how many kids/teens out there Magic fathered that have AIDS it's pitiful.

BacktoBasics
05-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Lots of bad english and ebonics be toss round er eh.

Spur Spoiler
05-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Just face it Spurs fans. You are done. I would like to sit here and be polite and say this series going to be close and that its up for grabs but it isn’t. There are so many excuses on these boards filled with false hope. Come on, you aren't Jazz fans or Kings fans. You have seen championships and should know what you are watching by now.

That was domination last night. Never close at all. Just before the season ended we beat you by 20. You can't compete against this laker team. You can say it's the calls, but the calls had nothing to do with last night. You can say it's the shots that you missed. You are right, It WAS about that. The Lakers played great defense!! And guess what? You have to hit your shots to win games. If you don't, you lose. Kinda basic I know. This Laker team is a young athletic team and the Spurs are old and at the end of their championship run. It was a great run. A great classy team that had a lot of talent and were a force in the league.

But it has come to an end.

Kobe finally has figured out that by engaging his team, the team wins every time. If the team wins, all arrows point back to him. It's all about championships and I don't know what took him so long to grow up and realize it but he has. Now he deserves to be MVP. He never did before that. He was too caught up n his own stats and everyone knew it. Now he is doing what an MVP should be doing. Anything to get your team a win.

Having Gasol their now just changes everything. Odem now has another big man who is as athletic as he is and loves to pass. The two of them fill the paint down low and make it hard for people to come in their. Just ask Boozer. Fisher (although he had a shitty game last night) has been playing like a pure shooting seasoned veteran. Sasha, Roddie, Turiaf, Walton, Farmar all just make it all sweeter. Anyone of those guys can come alive and change the game. The Lakers are playing like a team. They are mastering the triangle offense and they are dangerous.

I see a lot of excuses and trash talking on these boards even after game 2. Maybe you didn't watch the game. The Spurs didn't even look like they belonged. Champions don't do that. The Lakers are back everyone and you better get used to it. If you want to be in denial you can but it will only make you frustrated in the end.

Oh and P.S. - for those of you who don't know, you will be introduced to a guy named Andrew Bymum next year. Pass the torch!!!!!

TampaDude
05-24-2008, 03:06 PM

Not this Lakers team...and the Lakers have no rings since 2002.

Emanuel20
05-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Just face it Spurs fans. You are done. I would like to sit here and be polite and say this series going to be close and that its up for grabs but it isn’t. There are so many excuses on these boards filled with false hope. Come on, you aren't Jazz fans or Kings fans. You have seen championships and should know what you are watching by now.

That was domination last night. Never close at all. Just before the season ended we beat you by 20. You can't compete against this laker team. You can say it's the calls, but the calls had nothing to do with last night. You can say it's the shots that you missed. You are right, It WAS about that. The Lakers played great defense!! And guess what? You have to hit your shots to win games. If you don't, you lose. Kinda basic I know. This Laker team is a young athletic team and the Spurs are old and at the end of their championship run. It was a great run. A great classy team that had a lot of talent and were a force in the league.

Kobe finally has figured out that by engaging his team, the team wins every time. If the team wins, all arrows point back to him. It's all about championships and I don't know what took him so long to grow up and realize it but he has. Now he deserves to be MVP. He never did before that. He was too caught up n his own stats and everyone knew it. Now he is doing what an MVP should be doing. Anything to get your team a win.

Having Gasol their now just changes everything. Odem now has another big man who is as athletic as he is and loves to pass. The two of them fill the paint down low and make it hard for people to come in their. Just ask Boozer. Fisher (although he had a shitty game last night) has been playing like a pure shooting seasoned veteran. Sasha, Roddie, Turiaf, Walton, Farmar all just make it all sweeter. Anyone of those guys can come alive and change the game. The Lakers are playing like a team. They are mastering the triangle offense and they are dangerous.

I see a lot of excuses and trash talking on these boards even after game 2. Maybe you didn't watch the game. The Spurs didn't even look like they belonged. Champions don't do that. The Lakers are back everyone and you better get used to it. If you want to be in denial you can but it will only make you frustrated in the end.

Oh and P.S. - for those of you who don't know, you will be introduced to a guy named Andrew Bymum next year. Pass the torch!!!!!

Phoenix fans, NO fans, now these fakers......:bang
We spurs fans are experiencing headaches from individuals like you!

Purple & Gold
05-24-2008, 03:08 PM

And what did that booing do?? It spurned the Lakers on a 20 point comeback win. That's how Laker fans are. They bask in the glory when they win and they let them know when they're playing like shit. Same way Chick used to call it. The Lakers and especially Kobe feed off of that.

cobbler
05-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Each one wants to start a stupid thread like yours. I have used the ignore button more this month than I have in 5 years.

And yet you post to the stupid threads!!!! Priceless!!!!:bang

TampaDude
05-24-2008, 03:09 PM

Yup...when the Lakers have won their 4th game and eliminated the Spurs, I will tip my hat to them and wish them luck in the Finals...but not one nanosecond before that. The Lakers look pretty fucking awesome right now, but the next two games are in SA. This series ain't over yet.

SPURS IN 6...BELIEVE!!!!! :flag:

Purple & Gold
05-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Not this Lakers team...and the Lakers have no rings since 2002.

To be honest that's really not a long time ago. Especially since there was a 3peat right before. So I really don't know what you're trying to say.

ChumpDumper
05-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Why is it important to get credit from us?

TampaDude
05-24-2008, 03:12 PM
To be honest that's really not a long time ago. Especially since there was a 3peat right before. So I really don't know what you're trying to say.

Just that the Spurs are the defending champs right now, and they will remain so until they are eliminated.

heymanooh1
05-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Not this Lakers team...and the Lakers have no rings since 2002.And the Sperms are a bastard son that the NBA had to adopt. How many fucking champeenchips did the Suppositories have in the 80s again? Thanks for letting the Lakers trample on the Shits sorry asses on the way to 3-in-row. How many back-2-backs do the Smegmas have again?

1982 Lakers 4, Spermicides 0
1983 Lakers 4, Spermicides 2
1986 Lakers 3, Spermicides 0
1988 Lakers 3, Spermicides 0
2001 Lakers 4, Spermicides 0
2002 Lakers 4, Spermicides 1
2004 Lakers 4, Spermicides 2

JamStone
05-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Get over it.

Some fans of teams that lose will make excuses. Every fan base does it.

When your team loses, some fans bitch and make excuses. When your team wins, some fans act like dicks and talk shit.

Notice any asshole Laker fans talking a lot of shit?

Exactly.

cobbler
05-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Yup...when the Lakers have won their 4th game and eliminated the Spurs, I will tip my hat to them and wish them luck in the Finals...but not one nanosecond before that. The Lakers look pretty fucking awesome right now, but the next two games are in SA. This series ain't over yet.

SPURS IN 6...BELIEVE!!!!! :flag:

Finally, a voice of reason! :toast

BacktoBasics
05-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Seriously can someone fix the title. Its like I just walked into a KFC or Church's.

TampaDude
05-24-2008, 03:18 PM
And the Sperms are a bastard son that the NBA had to adopt. How many fucking champeenchips did the Suppositories have in the 80s again? Thanks for letting the Lakers trample on the Shits sorry asses on the way to 3-in-row. How many back-2-backs do the Smegmas have again?

1982 Lakers 4, Spermicides 0
1983 Lakers 4, Spermicides 2
1986 Lakers 3, Spermicides 0
1988 Lakers 3, Spermicides 0
2001 Lakers 4, Spermicides 0
2002 Lakers 4, Spermicides 1
2004 Lakers 4, Spermicides 2

DIAF, troll...

SPARKY
05-24-2008, 03:22 PM
I give you credit for being able to use the internets. We all know that must have been a struggle for you.

heymanooh1
05-24-2008, 03:23 PM
DIAF, troll...Good comeback. Try arguing with an opinion backed up by actual facts next time :rolleyes

heymanooh1
05-24-2008, 03:24 PM
I give you credit for being able to use the internets. We all know that must have been a struggle for you.Heeerrrreeeee Sparky get yer snacks *woof woof*.

TampaDude
05-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Good comeback. Try arguing with an opinion backed up by actual facts next time :rolleyes

Here's a fact for you:

Championships in the last 10 years

Spurs - 4

Lakers - 3

4 > 3

FACT.

Thanks so much for playing. We have some lovely parting gifts for you. :lol

heymanooh1
05-24-2008, 03:26 PM
Here's a fact for you:

Championships in the last 10 years

Spurs - 4

Lakers - 3

4 > 3

FACT.

Thanks so much for playing. We have some lovely parting gifts for you. :lol14 > 4 suck on that beeyotch :lmao

TampaDude
05-24-2008, 03:47 PM
14 > 4 suck on that beeyotch :lmao

Dude, based on your posts, it's a safe bet that you weren't even alive for most of those titles. If you wanna talk about all titles ever (not what my post was referring to), then the Celtics own you with 16, so again you fail. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

heymanooh1
05-24-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm too lame to come up with anything so I have to bring in another franchise that's irrelevant to the discussion. I forgot this is about Laker vs SpermsFixt it for ya slappy.

DazedAndConfused
05-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Why on earth does Laker fan care about getting credit from Spurs fan? I know I don't, that's for damn sure. Seeing the dejected looks on Timmy, Tony, Manu, and Pop's face after suffering a crushing 30pt loss is MORE than enough for me.

And let's be real here, the Spurs are nowhere near 100% right now. We are very fortunate to get them now instead of earlier in the playoffs. But that's WHY the Lakers busted their ass to get the #1 seed, because it allows you to play the hardest opponents last and not early on so you can save your strength when you need it. This series isn't over, but you'd be a fool to think the Lakers are gonna fold like NOH after being up 2-0.

still.focused
05-24-2008, 03:59 PM
Any Spurs fan that doesnt give LA credit thus far is an idiot

spurschick
05-24-2008, 04:00 PM
This series isn't over, but you'd be a fool to think the Lakers are gonna fold like NOH after being up 2-0.

That series went to seven games. How exactly is that folding?

Steez
05-24-2008, 04:04 PM
To advance to the finals, you need 4 wins.
Lakers are just closer to the finish line the SA is, and that is due to the Lakers having home court advantage. Like I said in the previous post, Lakers have not done anything but protect our home court... thats IT!.

Now, game 3 and 4 are going to be very crucial... I would recommend all my fellow Laker fans to calm down and do not count out the champions. If Spurs win 2 in a row and tie up the series, you're going to look like idiots.

Stay Humble, Stay Classy.

DazedAndConfused
05-24-2008, 04:06 PM
That series went to seven games. How exactly is that folding?

It's folding because the Hornets basically didn't even compete on the road. They resigned to the fact that they could only win at home and banked on the Spurs stinking it up in NOH for the Game 7. We all know what happened next don't we?

The Lakers won't make that mistake. They know they HAVE to win at least one game on the road.

heymanooh1
05-24-2008, 04:18 PM
That series went to seven games. How exactly is that folding?Y'all are hanging onto Spurms beating the Bugs. That shit is over and done. Deal with the Lakers and quit referring to the last series with the Gnats. The Lakers offense is subtantially different from the Bugs since the triangle doesn't rely on a true point guard like Chris Paul to initiate the offense. The Lakers can actually play defense for extended stretches and have better overall team quickness compared to the Sperms. One reflection of this quickness is the substantial number of deflections the Lakers get against an opposing team.

If you haven't noticed, Kobe Bryant hasn't really exerted himself except for about 3 quarters total in this series against the Sperms. He's been playing very relaxed game and has probably forced only a handful of shots so far.

spurschick
05-24-2008, 04:18 PM
The Lakers won't make that mistake. They know they HAVE to win at least one game on the road.

Any chance the Hornets thought the same thing?

heymanooh1
05-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Any chance the Hornets thought the same thing?Any chance that the Sperms coughed up the series by CHOKING game 1 like the Suns...see what I did there :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
05-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Laker fans are completely insecure.

Emanuel20
05-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Laker fans are completely insecure.

Not something new!:wow

lefty
05-24-2008, 04:31 PM
I prefer the 2008 Lakers to the 3peat one.

I like the way they play BBall compared to when they had Shaq

spurschick
05-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Any chance that the Sperms coughed up the series by CHOKING game 1 like the Suns...see what I did there :rolleyes

Not really.

watertorture
05-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Any chance that the Sperms coughed up the series by CHOKING game 1 like the Suns...see what I did there :rolleyes

Interesting use of words:

"Kobe Bryant grabbed me with both hands around my neck. I was afraid he was going to choke me."
http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/10/09/bryant.case/index.html

Man In Black
05-24-2008, 05:06 PM
Spoken like a fan who remembers being up 3-1 on PHX and then losing in the first round. NO ONE IS SAFE!

LakerHater
05-24-2008, 05:12 PM
That's no suprise considering the amount of Sperm on your face considering the Lakers have jizzed on your team in games 1 & 2 of this series :lol
Is this DEJA-VU, Cuz I swear we've been here before!?!:sleep

LakerLanny
05-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Why would I give message board posters credit for the way a basketball team plays?

LMAO, a Hawks fan!

That is the rarest of all species, an actual Hawks fan! :lmao

Harry Callahan
05-24-2008, 05:21 PM
This is what we have been getting the last week. How can we respect the vast majority of these Laker posters when they can't even use the word "Spurs" instead of some moronic made up nickname.

A healthy Spurs team competes very well with the Lakers (who have played really well for four quarters in the two games). We don't have a healthy team right now and may not get that in this series. Ginobili REALLY concerns me right now. Parker and Duncan can easily get it going in SA.

Whatever the result in this series, the conduct of the Lakers "fans" on this site makes me wish failure for them in the future and makes me glad I am a Spurs fan.

ChumpDumper
05-24-2008, 05:26 PM
LMAO, a Hawks fan!

That is the rarest of all species, an actual Hawks fan! :lmaoI don't understand what's so funny. They did quite well this season.

I'm glad you are here looking for approval of spurfans though. There's no other reason for you to be here. I'm just wondering why it's important to you.

heymanooh1
05-24-2008, 05:27 PM
Is this DEJA-VU, Cuz I swear we've been here before!?!:sleepThen drive off into the Alamo sunset. Better yet and do the world a favor, drive off a 1000 foot cliff. Make sure you're in the car with the seatbelt on as it is plunging :lol

http://myspace-801.vo.llnwd.net/00610/10/87/610047801_l.jpgThat bitch is old and haggard like the Sperms. And those titties are just as saggy as the Sperms defense in games 1 & 2 :lol

ChumpDumper
05-24-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah, she looks like she could be part owner of the Lakers.

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 05:30 PM

Oh you know about the rings? Then you should know that no credit is due until then. What are you, a Kings fan?

heymanooh1
05-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Yeah, she looks like she could be part owner of the Lakers.Apparently, reading comprehension is lost on you :lol

heymanooh1
05-24-2008, 05:33 PM
I take it up the ass.Inquiring minds want to know :lol

ChumpDumper
05-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Apparently, reading comprehension is lost on you :lolI was agreeing with you.

21_Blessings
05-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Any chance the Hornets thought the same thing?

And how many times has Chris Paul and David West been in the playoffs?

Were talking about a team with Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher and Phil Jackson. They've been here before and they've beaten the Spurs in playoffs before.

Oh by the way, 40-0 when a Phil Jackson coached team goes up for 2-0. :toast

heymanooh1
05-24-2008, 05:38 PM
I was agreeing with you.Logic befuddles your avian synaptic processes :lol

LakerHater
05-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Just like the wHORNETS fans got after games 1&2! This is way different, cuz we could (and should of) be 1-1 right now!

Bob Lanier
05-24-2008, 05:44 PM
I prefer the 2008 Lakers to the 3peat one.

I like the way they play BBall compared to when they had Shaq
:tu

ChumpDumper
05-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Logic befuddles your avian synaptic processes :lolYou're not very smart, are you?

LakerHater
05-24-2008, 05:47 PM
You're not very smart, are you?
Product of California scool system!:downspin:

BigBeezie
05-24-2008, 05:49 PM

Yep, they were ready to pack it in during game 1....at least the fans of LA were. The Lakers are an OK team... I would be shocked if they win this series...

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Spoken like a fan who remembers being up 3-1 on PHX and then losing in the first round. NO ONE IS SAFE!

The Spurs better bring it tomorrow, bro. Or we're talking brooms....

heymanooh1
05-24-2008, 05:53 PM
I got dropped on my head a lot as a childSorry you had that misfortune :lol

Product of California scool system!:downspin:Amazing how you can see where people grew up and lived through your computer monitor
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/84/rolleyeshugelt2.gif

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 05:53 PM
MIB,

Can I bring a date when you're buying dinner or are we picking up the chicks elsewhere? ;)

Sorry, bro, couldn't resist.

ak

LakerHater
05-24-2008, 05:55 PM
The Spurs better bring it tomorrow, bro. Or we're talking brooms....
AGREED!! Spoken nicely, at least you didn't use any insults or put downs!!:)

ChumpDumper
05-24-2008, 05:56 PM
Please give me your approval!

bonesinaz
05-24-2008, 05:57 PM
And yet you post to the stupid threads!!!! Priceless!!!!:bang

Yes, notice I didn't start a new thread to do it either. You are now on ingore.

heymanooh1
05-24-2008, 05:59 PM
My Pigeons lost so now I have to beat off to other teams.

SpursDynasty
05-24-2008, 06:01 PM
The thing is no one is able to point out anything spectacular about the Lakers other than Kobe and his effect.....

For example, Chris Paul could do whatever he wants vs. the Spurs. As could David West. As did Peja in the first two games.

Who can we point out on the Lakers other than Kobe where we can say wow they had a monster game? No one.

ChumpDumper
05-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Please, just a pat on the head. I'll be good! Every post here shows my need for your approval!

Lakers Dynasty
05-24-2008, 06:03 PM
The thing is no one is able to point out anything spectacular about the Lakers other than Kobe and his effect.....

For example, Chris Paul could do whatever he wants vs. the Spurs. As could David West. As did Peja in the first two games.

Who can we point out on the Lakers other than Kobe where we can say wow they had a monster game? No one.

Yeah.

See? It's called a TEAM effort.

Spurs proved they don't have to lose to Kobe.

They proved they can lose to the entire team.

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 06:05 PM

Well and good. Stop Chris Paul, and it is over... The Lakers are a team. They feed off eachother... how do beat a team???

Kobe is about 10 points under his playoff average and they blow the Spurs away by 30 points? It's a team effort. The Lakers sooooooooo got this. Don't say I didn't warn you.

heymanooh1
05-24-2008, 06:06 PM

Who can we point out on the Lakers other than Kobe where we can say wow they had a monster game? No one.Lakers don't need a monster game from anyone. The triangle is an equal opportunity system. The monster game from Kobe will come only when it is necessary. The Sperms need monster games from Duncan, Parker and Ginobili from game 3 and on. Where's the other Sperms scoring going to come from, certainly not the bench 'cause Laker bench > Sperm bench and that has been apparent in the first 2 games.

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 06:13 PM

The Lakers may not have Chris Paul. Nor do they have David West. Granted. But did the Hornets ever blow the Spurs away for 30 points???

SpursDynasty
05-24-2008, 06:14 PM
The Laker may not have Chris Paul. Nor do they have David West. Granted. But did the Hornets ever blow the Spurs away for 30 points???

Tim and Manu sat the entire fourth. Kobe played in the 2nd half of the 4th. Luke Walton or some Laker hit a three at the end of game. Inflated.

O-Factor
05-24-2008, 06:15 PM
I aint not gonna basically not give you no credit

:blah

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Tim and Manu sat the entire fourth. Kobe played in the 2nd half of the 4th. Luke Walton or some Laker hit a three at the end of game. Inflated.

So why did the Spurs sit them out??? They should have played their hearts out. Afterall, this is the WCF, right? You have to have your best out. Why did they sit their best players out? It's ok if they do... but don't make that an excuse that your team was owned by 30 freakin' points. That game reminded me of Team USA vs. Angola.

OdoMatic
05-24-2008, 06:37 PM
The Lakers haven't gotten this far on luck. Anyone thinking this was going to be an easy series is kidding themselves. That being said, it's obvious that the Spurs aren't playing Spurs basketball right now and I think even the Lakers were expecting something along the lines of the first half of Game 1.

you are completely right, i expected close,tough games in every match but i was wrong. i only got that in 1 half of the series so far.

your defense has still been good but you just cant find ways to score. ginobli has to lock himself to his bed for a good couple of days.

while it is true you are not playing spurs basketball that is one of the negatives of having such an old team. while you guys are very experienced and have a great team it is obvious that your age has caught up with you guys and just cannot keep up with the lakers.

im not trying to knock the spurs i think you guys are a great team however i feel it is about that time to start getting some nice young guys this offseason instead of going after the michael finley types.

dbreiden83080
05-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Im reading all these posts,and seeing excuse after excuse..And the thing that gets me is how yall are saying "the lakers are not as good as they look"

i dont get it

You are not as good as you look. If we lose the series we lose the series it is what it is but the reality is through 2 games you have beat a Spur Team who's arguebly 2nd best player is out there playing on one foot. Little hard to beat a top level team when that happens. If Kobe was playing on a bum ankle and you were down 0-2 in the series, you wouldn't be too happy.

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 06:42 PM
AGREED!! Spoken nicely, at least you didn't use any insults or put downs!!:)

"We don't have to take our clothes off to have a good time." by Michael Jackson. ;)

dbreiden83080
05-24-2008, 06:42 PM

LOL, i can't stop laughing at all these Laker clowns that think Bynum is coming back next year and the dynasty will commence, talk about expecting way too much.

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 06:44 PM

Look. It's very simple. If you don't want your team embarrassed by 30 points, get your best out there. The Spurs quit. That's really all there is to it.

GrandeDavid
05-24-2008, 06:45 PM

i dont get it

As long as you and your loudmouthed hoarde of bandwagon fans are flooding these boards with elementary school takes, you ain't getting squat. Now beat i!

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 06:45 PM
LOL, i can't stop laughing at all these Laker clowns that think Bynum is coming back next year and the dynasty will commence, talk about expecting way too much.

Yeah, the Lakers blow away the Spurs by 30 points, made them look old. And now, they are adding a 19/11 guy with 3 blocks? You might as well give up like the Spurs gave up in Game 2.

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 06:46 PM
As long as you and your loudmouthed hoarde of bandwagon fans are flooding these boards with elementary school takes, you ain't getting squat. Now beat i!

It's all about the ring. Cut the guy some slack.

dbreiden83080
05-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Yeah, the Lakers blow away the Spurs by 30 points, made them look old. And now, they are adding a 19/11 guy with 3 blocks? You might as well give up like the Spurs gave up in Game 2.

Spurs have been blown out before only to come back and win series, check the last series.

Secondly Bynum has proven nothing other than he is talented. He has not proven he can get and stay healthy, not proven he can play with Gasol, not, Proven he won't wilt under pressure of big games, nothing. Stop going on and on about a guy who has been hurt all year and may or may not end up be a big factor down the line. You have no clue what his future is.

Lakers Dynasty
05-24-2008, 07:11 PM

Wait.

I'm sorry.

Did someone lead you to believe that the Lakers Dynasty will commence when Bynum gets back?

No, no, no, my friend.

The commencing has already commenced.

Now.

http://www.nba.com/media/playoffs2008/kbatu_400_080523.jpg

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-24-2008, 07:14 PM
:lmao @ Laker fan insecurities

Do you give the opposing team concessions when the series isn't over?

Don't read into it much when the team fans focus on what their squad ain't doing right for particular games..
You guys really need to feel validated.

Mamba24
05-24-2008, 07:35 PM
I want the Spurs fans to continue to hold onto that, "Well we were down 2-0 to New Orleans and we came back and beat them!" mentality. If it helps you sleep at night.

ChumpDumper
05-24-2008, 08:04 PM
I sleep fine regardless.

You're the one who is so insecure he has to try to solicit props for a basketball team to vicariously support your fragile ego.

OdoMatic
05-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Wait.

I'm sorry.

Did someone lead you to believe that the Lakers Dynasty will commence when Bynum gets back?

No, no, no, my friend.

The commencing has already commenced.

Now.

http://www.nba.com/media/playoffs2008/kbatu_400_080523.jpg

lol agreed, who is waiting for bynum to get back? we already started:lobt2:

DazedAndConfused
05-24-2008, 08:14 PM
The bottomline is the Spurs are down 0-2. Lakers held serve, lets see if the Spurs can do the same.

No use talking shit like this until the series is over. No Spur fan here will give Laker fan props, get over it. They wouldn't give props if the Lakers won by 50pts each game. That's just how it is. To me, watching Pop, Duncan, Tony, and Manu look like they just found out they have AIDS is more than enough.

Emanuel20
05-24-2008, 08:16 PM
The bottomline is the Spurs are down 0-2. Lakers held serve, lets see if the Spurs can do the same.

No use talking shit like this until the series is over. No Spur fan here will give Laker fan props, get over it. They wouldn't give props if the Lakers won by 50pts each game. That's just how it is. To me, watching Pop, Duncan, Tony, and Manu look like they just found out they have AIDS is more than enough.

You just said "No use talking shit like this until the series is over" and then you keep on yapping "To me, watching Pop, Duncan, Tony, and Manu look like they just found out they have AIDS is more than enough"

:bang

Man of Steel
05-24-2008, 08:39 PM

Last time I checked, a series consisted of winning four games.

Not two.

Four.

Second--Spurs have always had at least one if not more games during a series where they were blown away. And they win these series. Check out our playoff success for the past few years.

So--basically--

You've held home court.

That's good.

You blew us away in game two.

Fine.

And?

Do some homework and we'll see you in a few days.

samikeyp
05-24-2008, 08:41 PM
No Spur fan here will give Laker fan props, get over it. They wouldn't give props if the Lakers won by 50pts each game. That's just how it is.

You are a liar.

I am a Spurs fan and gave the Lakers plenty of credit to some of your fellow Laker fans last night on this board as did others.

td4mvp21
05-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Ironic that a Lakers fan demands credit. Lakers fans never give any team credit.

SRJ
05-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Here is the credit I will give to the Lakers.

The Lakers are one of the best teams in the NBA and they are younger, fresher, and more athletic than the Spurs are (who isn't?). All things being equal this would be a six or seven game series but the Spurs are out of gas and the Lakers are good enough to take full advantage.

The Lakers are not so good that they are a lock to win the championship. Either Detroit or Boston have equal chances to defeat them, and both would have HCA.

For that matter, don't write us off just yet.

If that isn't enough credit, go fuck yourself.

cobbler
05-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Yes, notice I didn't start a new thread to do it either. You are now on ingore.

Darn. Im crushed!:lmao

cobbler
05-24-2008, 09:24 PM
You are not as good as you look. If we lose the series we lose the series it is what it is but the reality is through 2 games you have beat a Spur Team who's arguebly 2nd best player is out there playing on one foot. Little hard to beat a top level team when that happens. If Kobe was playing on a bum ankle and you were down 0-2 in the series, you wouldn't be too happy.

You mean like if our starting center wasnt even playing at all? Injuries are a part of the game. Simple as that. It is what it is. Your 2nd best player isnt 100%. Our starting center isnt even playing. It doesnt matter.

killahwave
05-24-2008, 09:31 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/1zxmj53.gif

thats one hilarious signature.

Harry Callahan
05-24-2008, 09:35 PM
You mean like if our starting center wasnt even playing at all? Injuries are a part of the game. Simple as that. It is what it is. Your 2nd best player isnt 100%. Our starting center isnt even playing. It doesnt matter.

Gasol took care of that void and played a significant part of the season taking the place of the lifeless body of Kwame Brown. Next.

Harry Callahan
05-24-2008, 09:36 PM

Maybe they can wear Magic Johnson masks to simulate the real thing. Stay classy Laker fans.

genomefreak13
05-24-2008, 10:38 PM
Gotta admit a 30 point blow out is pathetic home court or not.

At this point..I comfort myself in thinking that SA did that intentionally so the laker's shooting percentage would go down the next game.

cobbler
05-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Gasol took care of that void and played a significant part of the season taking the place of the lifeless body of Kwame Brown. Next.

Not really sure how that is relevent. If you are going to complain and say the reason you cant hang is because your starting shooting guard is playing hurt, then i am going to reply with, our starting center cannot play at all. The fact that we have a quality power forward that can replace him for the time being means what? We are a deeper team I guess. But to suggest the scales are off balance because you have a player hurt...just is not factually accurate.

Harry Callahan
05-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Not really sure how that is relevent. If you are going to complain and say the reason you cant hang is because your starting shooting guard is playing hurt, then i am going to reply with, our starting center cannot play at all. The fact that we have a quality power forward that can replace him for the time being means what? We are a deeper team I guess. But to suggest the scales are off balance because you have a player hurt...just is not factually accurate.

What position does Gasol play right now? Center. Taking Bynum's place and doing a real good job. Bynum has been out of the picture since January and is now recovering from a second surgery. Gasol has had three months to adjust and help the Lakers get the #1 seed. Without Gasol the Lakers are probably not even playing now.

Ginobili has been injured since the Phoenix series and the Spurs have hung in there, but there is no one on the bench to pick up the slack. The Lakers are deeper on the bench right now.

My point is SA has not had time to adjust to their current injury situation. That's all. Gino looks like he has even digressed in the last week.

cobbler
05-24-2008, 11:24 PM
What position does Gasol play right now? Center. Taking Bynum's place and doing a real good job. Bynum has been out of the picture since January and is now recovering from a second surgery. Gasol has had three months to adjust and help the Lakers get the #1 seed. Without Gasol the Lakers are probably not even playing now.

Ginobili has been injured since the Phoenix series and the Spurs have hung in there, but there is no one on the bench to pick up the slack. The Lakers are deeper on the bench right now.

My point is SA has not had time to adjust to their current injury situation. That's all. Gino looks like he has even digressed in the last week.

Again, i just dont see the relevence. The implication was made that the spurs are the better team and the only reason they are not able to beat the lakers is because Manu is hurt. I simply pointed out that we have a starter that is completely out.

As for adjustment, it did not take Gasol 3 months, 3 weeks, or even 3 days to adjust. It was day one.

Without gasol were not playing right now? Brilliant. Without Timmy, neither are you.

If your point was to say the Lakers are the deeper team, well, that's pretty obvious isnt it?

Have a good one.... good luck in game 3!

Go Lakers!

Killakobe81
05-25-2008, 12:05 AM
Look series is NOT over I have said in several threads but i do find it disturbing when foolish folks say we are NOT better thn the Suns or NO .... R u FREAKING KIDDING ME?
Would the Suns have come back from 20 down? Does NO have as deep a team or a HOF coach or a backcourt with as much talent AND EXPERIENCE?
Just saying Laker fans dont count your chickens Spur fans better hope their team gives us more respect than i see from MOST fans on here ...or this will end in 5 ...
I think the players will and I still say Lakers in 7 ...

SPARKY
05-25-2008, 12:10 AM
Look series is NOT over I have said in several threads but i do find it disturbing when foolish folks say we are NOT better thn the Suns or NO .... R u FREAKING KIDDING ME?
Would the Suns have come back from 20 down? Does NO have as deep a team or a HOF coach or a backcourt with as much talent AND EXPERIENCE?
Just saying Laker fans dont count your chickens Spur fans better hope their team gives us more respect than i see from MOST fans on here ...or this will end in 5 ...

My, thin-skinned and needy.

aka_USAPA
05-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Here is the credit I will give to the Lakers.

The Lakers are one of the best teams in the NBA and they are younger, fresher, and more athletic than the Spurs are (who isn't?). All things being equal this would be a six or seven game series but the Spurs are out of gas and the Lakers are good enough to take full advantage.

The Lakers are not so good that they are a lock to win the championship. Either Detroit or Boston have equal chances to defeat them, and both would have HCA.

For that matter, don't write us off just yet.

If that isn't enough credit, go fuck yourself.

Fair enough. Got to give your props for that. Sucks to get old, huh?

aka_USAPA
05-25-2008, 12:15 AM

7 Games? The Spurs will be lucky to win 1 game in San Antonio. No discrespect to the champs, just that their time is past... They are walking towards the hanger..., and they know it.

Killakobe81
05-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Needy not at all I laugh when i read it ..because either THOSE fans are that dumb ...OR they are blinded by their love for the Spurs ....But if I use the same logic than the Spurs are the weakest team we have played because we did not even blow-out the Nuggets by 30 points or come back from 20 down to beat them ....See how silly that sounds?

Im sorry my logic and reasoning makes me incapable of using faulty analogies to support idiotic fan proclamations ...

Spuradicator
05-25-2008, 04:37 PM

WTF? What a fucking idiotic statement. You are not an Lakers fan, but more of a Spurs hater than anything. Here do this board and your parents a favor and kill yourself....

Here, use this you pathetic cock sucker.

http://z.about.com/d/homerepair/1/0/s/-/-/-/hammer.jpg

spursfan09
05-25-2008, 04:41 PM
I wouldn't expect any laker fans to give the spurs credit when they come back and win this.

watertorture
05-25-2008, 09:59 PM
Sucks to get old, huh?

Sucks to get beat by old men, huh?

watertorture
05-25-2008, 10:01 PM
7 Games? The Spurs will be lucky to win 1 game in San Antonio.

How's that for a lucky blow-out?

LAKERZ4EVA
05-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Way to bounce back....give yall props

ChumpDumper
05-25-2008, 10:19 PM
We didn't do anything.

samikeyp
05-25-2008, 10:19 PM

:toast

It was a great win, but still just one. Not out of the woods yet.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-25-2008, 10:20 PM

Where are you now you know-it-all douche?

remingtonbo2001
05-25-2008, 10:21 PM

:wow

ChumpDumper
05-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Where are you now you know-it-all douche?Blaming the refs and looking like he just found out he got AIDS.

SPARKY
05-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Where are you now you know-it-all douche?

Rocket fan is busy giving excuses right about now.

SpursWoman
05-25-2008, 10:44 PM
Blaming the refs and looking like he just found out he got AIDS.

Nice. :lol