PDA

View Full Version : How short are our memories?

awktalk
05-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Look, one point which nobody seems to make yet is more relevant than anything else: the Lakers were up 3-1 on the Suns last year and lost the next 4. We dominated the Suns last year and this year, granted they were different teams.

This thing is just getting started, and I for one will not give up on these boys until the final buzzer sounds. I don't care if we lose game 3, the Lakers blew 4 straight last year to a shitty Suns team. If they did it last year, they can certainly do it again, with or without some lanky Spaniard.

SenorSpur
05-24-2008, 02:37 PM
The problem is that this is a much better Fakers team than the one last year. Sure the cast of characters are basically the same. However, their younger players have developed well since last year, Kobe is so very focused and throw is Gasol and you have a different team that is clicking on all cylinders. And one that has gained confidence as they've progressed through each playoff round.

The Spurs had a golden opportunity to cast doubt into the young minds of the Fakers by stealing Game 1. They didn't get it done. Now the Spurs appear to be the team with the hangover. Meanwhile, I wouldn't be waiting for the Fakers to self-destruct. Even if that is possible, the Spurs have GOT to throw a little adversity their way to start the process. Let's wait until the Spurs hold serve at home and then see what happens.

vander
05-24-2008, 02:42 PM
hmm I don't remember that game 8 very well, how'd it go?

Mr.Franchize
05-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Look, one point which nobody seems to make yet is more relevant than anything else: the Lakers were up 3-1 on the Suns last year and lost the next 4. We dominated the Suns last year and this year, granted they were different teams.

This thing is just getting started, and I for one will not give up on these boys until the final buzzer sounds. I don't care if we lose game 3, the Lakers blew 4 straight last year to a shitty Suns team. If they did it last year, they can certainly do it again, with or without some lanky Spaniard.

lmaoooooo :lmao i love the optimism but this isnt the same laker team. we had smush parker, kwame fuckin brown and luke walton as are starters? lmfao nice try though

nfg3
05-24-2008, 03:02 PM

No comparison between those two teams. Absolutely none. I'd like to think that we could take 4 straight but that ain't happeneing. Not to these Lakers. Give me last years Lakers and that's another story.