PDA

View Full Version : Game 2 Thoughts - The Laker Side

2Cleva
05-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Again, the TIMVP Game thoughts are late but again, I understand. :D

1 - The reason for the blowout was Fisher and Odom came to play. You always know Kobe will be there but if 2 of the 3 (Odom, Gasol, and Fisher) have good offensive games - the Spurs simply don't have the firepower to compete.

2 - LA's 2nd unit coming up is a killer for the Spurs. As young as they are, they are effected more by the previous game than the Spurs vet players. The confidence is sky high across the board and that won't change with the airplane ride.

3 - Once again, putting that wall in the paint against Parker is killing the Spurs. TP has got through a few times but not nearly the 20 times or so a game he needs to so he can not only score but set up the 3 point shooters. Pop said its not about Xs and Os anymore - if not, I have no idea how SA is going to get Parker in the paint. If they don't do that - they are done.

4 - SA will come out firing with everything they have in Game 3 - question is how much is that. The biggest difference between NO and the Lakers is Kobe - he knows what kind of will it takes to win on the road. Especially with the Spurs lacking the firepower to blow LA out for 48, he's going to be ready to put up 50 if need be in one of these games to win. Hard to see too many more games going by without him getting to the line 10+ times - its going to happen eventually. And Bowen was catching plenty last night - he alone ain't stopping Kobe.

5 - Ginobili getting a taste of his own medicine in Vujacic. As a competitor, its a shame he isn't physically able to answer. As a Laker fan - ahh well, to the victor goes the spoils.

6 - Spurs gotta hope they can slow the game to a crawl, not that it will help the Spurs score anymore but hopes LA doesn't score as much.

The Spurs had to dig deep to come back against the Hornets. With no cushion in between games, do they have whats left in the tank to come back against the Lakers?

Question for Spurs fans - why are you saying that NO is better than LA? I'm not even going to point out the standings and how NO folded the last week when they could have won HCA

- LA had the best road record in the West this season.
- LA has the MVP and the recognized best player in the game and one of the best offensive weapons of all-time.
- LA has a better coach than NO.
- LA has a deeper bench than NO.
- LA has guys that are leaned on with a championship resume (Fisher/Kobe).

I guess you can go by that NO blew you guys out 3 times and LA has only did it once but that sounds like a sorry nail to hang your hat on.

duncan228
05-24-2008, 02:33 PM

timvp's game thoughts have no specific time table. Sometimes he posts them quick, sometimes it's longer. He posts them when he's done re-watching the game to digest it and produce the comprehensive thoughts he writes.

There's no "late" when there's no deadline.

E20
05-24-2008, 02:39 PM
I dreamt that the Lakers were up 5-1 against the Spurs and the Spurs managed to come back and win the series.

sendman
05-24-2008, 02:58 PM

1 - The reason for the blowout was Fisher and Odom came to play. You always know Kobe will be there but if 2 of the 3 (Odom, Gasol, and Fisher) have good offensive games - the Spurs simply don't have the firepower to compete.

2 - LA's 2nd unit coming up is a killer for the Spurs. As young as they are, they are effected more by the previous game than the Spurs vet players. The confidence is sky high across the board and that won't change with the airplane ride.

3 - Once again, putting that wall in the paint against Parker is killing the Spurs. TP has got through a few times but not nearly the 20 times or so a game he needs to so he can not only score but set up the 3 point shooters. Pop said its not about Xs and Os anymore - if not, I have no idea how SA is going to get Parker in the paint. If they don't do that - they are done.

4 - SA will come out firing with everything they have in Game 3 - question is how much is that. The biggest difference between NO and the Lakers is Kobe - he knows what kind of will it takes to win on the road. Especially with the Spurs lacking the firepower to blow LA out for 48, he's going to be ready to put up 50 if need be in one of these games to win. Hard to see too many more games going by without him getting to the line 10+ times - its going to happen eventually. And Bowen was catching plenty last night - he alone ain't stopping Kobe.

5 - Ginobili getting a taste of his own medicine in Vujacic. As a competitor, its a shame he isn't physically able to answer. As a Laker fan - ahh well, to the victor goes the spoils.

6 - Spurs gotta hope they can slow the game to a crawl, not that it will help the Spurs score anymore but hopes LA doesn't score as much.

The Spurs had to dig deep to come back against the Hornets. With no cushion in between games, do they have whats left in the tank to come back against the Lakers?

Question for Spurs fans - why are you saying that NO is better than LA? I'm not even going to point out the standings and how NO folded the last week when they could have won HCA

- LA had the best road record in the West this season.
- LA has the MVP and the recognized best player in the game and one of the best offensive weapons of all-time.
- LA has a better coach than NO.
- LA has a deeper bench than NO.
- LA has guys that are leaned on with a championship resume (Fisher/Kobe).

I guess you can go by that NO blew you guys out 3 times and LA has only did it once but that sounds like a sorry nail to hang your hat on.

Excelent observations and analysis.
There is nothing much to add.
I hope that prediction about Spurs coming to the game 3 with all their guns blazing is good. All I can ask of this Spurs team is to play their hearts out. If that is enough, then great. If not, there is nothing to feel bad about.
I would be angry only if I'll get a feeling that they gave up without a fight.

Kori Ellis
05-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Again, the TIMVP Game thoughts are late but again, I understand.

Are you paying him to write them?

These comments are so annoying. timvp writes the game thoughts at any point before the next game. So until tip off tomorrow, they aren't "late." :rolleyes

greyforest
05-24-2008, 03:14 PM
spurs are beaten to shit with injuries and whatnot from playing two pretty hard series whereas lakers got to play nuggets and jazz

SPARKY
05-24-2008, 03:17 PM
7 - I just took a piss.

sendman
05-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Are you paying him to write them?

These comments are so annoying. timvp writes the game thoughts at any point before the next game. So until tip off tomorrow, they aren't "late." :rolleyes
So why is timvp late with his game thoughts?

KIDDING!!!!

Lighten up Kory, I think that comment wasn't with bad intent. Most of us really like timvps comments, so we are a little inpatient I guess.

TampaDude
05-24-2008, 03:23 PM
The bottom line is that the Spurs played like shit in Game 2 and got their asses flat out kicked by the Lakers. The Spurs better step it up a few notches in Games 3 and 4, or they're gonna get swept. If the Spurs can even the series 2-2, then it becomes a whole new series.

Kori Ellis
05-24-2008, 03:27 PM
Lighten up Kory, I think that comment wasn't with bad intent. .

Yes it was. For whatever reason, 2Cleva thinks that timvp is just too sad/mad over the Spurs losses to write the Game Thoughts right away. He said the same crap after last game.

Some people don't get that we have lives outside SpursTalk and sometimes Game Thoughts aren't a priority at all. For example, right now I'm in bed very sick. timvp is trying to take care some stuff for me.

sendman
05-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Yes it was. For whatever reason, 2Cleva thinks that timvp is just too sad/mad over the Spurs losses to write the Game Thoughts right away. He said the same crap after last game.

Some people don't get that we have lives outside SpursTalk and sometimes Game Thoughts aren't a priority at all. For example, right now I'm in bed very sick. timvp is trying to take care some stuff for me.
Sorry to hear, get well soon!

2Cleva
05-24-2008, 03:52 PM

Yes it was a dig but obviously a harmful trash talking one. I doubted any vet here would get testy over that but hey I've been wrong before. No one is passing judgement on anyone's life in any aspect but to no expect some shit talking in the biggest rivalry of the past 10 years is something.

spurschick
05-24-2008, 03:58 PM
I find it hard to believe that the Lakers don't have a decent message board, so I'm going to assume that Laker fans are trying to divide their time between their own boards and this one? There just seems to be a lot of Laker fans here.

LakeShow
05-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Good Points and I agree. This series is far from over but I must say that I feel confident in the Lakers winning. Phil Jackson is doing a masterful job on the Spurs. Letting Duncan get his and stay with the shooters is a great game plan. The Spurs shooters are not very good when contested. I see the swagger of the lakers coming to front. They are a very confident bunch right now. Kobe seems to have figured Bowen out and Lamar is attacking whoever is guarding him with confidence. The Spurs have no answer for him!

The fact that the Spurs are a tired bunch is not good for them. They will never be able to get the rest that they need in this series while the lakers can throw fresh bodies at them in every quarter. I expect the Spurs to play much better in SA but I don't see them stopping the lakers on offense. The games will be closer but the lakers will get one in SA.

I must say the biggest surprise I see in this series is the coaching of Pop. He is being outcoached badly. HIs lineups have been a joke. His tanking the game after being down by 20 is a sign of a loser. Hell, the lakers cut a 20 point lead to 6 in 3+ minutes. What happened to it's not over until the fat lady sings?

LakeShow
05-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Updated: May 24, 2008, 3:02 PM ET

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0523/nba_g_parker2_sw_580.jpg All of the Lakers were on the same page Friday night, while Tony Parker and the Spurs clearly were not.

lefty
05-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Updated: May 24, 2008, 3:02 PM ET

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0523/nba_g_parker2_sw_580.jpg All of the Lakers were on the same page Friday night, while Tony Parker and the Spurs clearly were not.

This picture sums it

Emanuel20
05-24-2008, 04:48 PM
This picture sums it

:lmao
Sums up that we were too tired to huddle up!

timaios
05-24-2008, 05:24 PM

THe Spurs are tired !!!

LakerLanny
05-24-2008, 05:26 PM
For example, right now I'm in bed very sick. timvp is trying to take care some stuff for me.

I hope you feel better soon Kori.