PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Spur Jackson comments.

Useruser666
01-26-2005, 11:35 AM
Well he hasn't learned anything!

"Since the altercation, people are like that was the first time they saw me," says Jackson, who lost $2 million in salary because of the suspension. "I'm a good teammate. I come to play every night. I'm a player who gets better every year. It was like I was a rookie and all of a sudden got in a fight. I've contributed a lot to this league."

Jackson, a second-round draft pick in 1997 by the Phoenix Suns, who waived him, played in the 2001 Rookie Challenge after catching on with the New Jersey Nets. He started 78 games for the San Antonio Spurs' 2003 NBA championship team.

Jackson says he regrets what happened but was just trying to be a good teammate.

"I had no intention of fighting," he says. "My teammates don't make the best decision sometimes. My first thought was, 'Let me get him (Ron Artest) out of there.' Then things started happening so fast. I didn't think. I have to take responsibility for what I did."

Another article:

• Mike Tyson isn't friends with Indiana Pacers Jermaine O'Neal and Stephen Jackson, but that didn't stop him from approaching their table at Prime 112 on South Beach last week and trying to pick up some of the 20 women who were sitting with the NBA players. The women weren't interested in the former champ.

I'm glad Mike Tyson has taken him under his wing.

Spurminator
01-26-2005, 11:46 AM
"I had no intention of fighting," he says. He then added, "That whole Muhammed Ali impression thing on the court was just a joke."

boutons
01-26-2005, 11:52 AM
"Jackson says he regrets what happened but was just trying to be a good teammate."

If wanted to get "Artest out of there", why didn't he go to Artest rather than pounding the shit out of the fans? This is way-after-the-fact cover-his-ass revisionism.

His dumbness on the basketball court extends to dumbness off.

btw, Jackson lovers, you don't have to be smart basketball players to hit a few baskets.

Dre_7
01-26-2005, 01:50 PM
He shoulda stayed in SA. None of this would have happened if he woulda just re-signed a couple years ago, instead of being greedy and selfish. Too bad for him.

violentkitten
01-26-2005, 03:07 PM
• Mike Tyson isn't friends with Indiana Pacers Jermaine O'Neal and Stephen Jackson, but that didn't stop him from approaching their table at Prime 112 on South Beach last week and trying to pick up some of the 20 women who were sitting with the NBA players. The women weren't interested in the former champ.

good to see jack has found something to occupy his time off the court

Ghost Writer
01-26-2005, 03:10 PM
User666 conveniently highlighted only the words that would scew what Jackson said into something negative.

Way to go.

You didn't have a problem with S-Jax when he was carrying the Spurs in 4th quarters of our championship run.

violentkitten
01-26-2005, 03:11 PM
uh like its wrong to go into the stands and beat the fuck out of people

pooh
01-26-2005, 04:19 PM

if someone tosses something at me and I'm an NBA player...hell yes I'm going into the stands to beat the shit out of someone.

no matter if you like jackson or not...fact is he's served his 30 game suspension and will be on the court tonight.

if everything goes to plan...artest should be back probably before the playoffs start.

Kori Ellis
01-26-2005, 04:20 PM
if someone tosses something at me and I'm an NBA player...hell yes I'm going into the stands to beat the shit out of someone.

Umm.. no one tossed anything at Stephen Jackson.

if everything goes to plan...artest should be back probably before the playoffs start.

What's that plan?

violentkitten
01-26-2005, 04:21 PM

no matter if you like jackson or not...fact is he's served his 30 game suspension and will be on the court tonight.

you talk a lot of shit for someone who worships scifi and lives at home with their mother

ALVAREZ6
01-26-2005, 04:23 PM
you talk a lot of shit for someone who worships scifi and lives at home with their mother
So what do you do?

pooh
01-26-2005, 04:24 PM
From what I have been hearing, (rumor or whatever) the next step now for Artest, will be his reinstatement about 5-10 games before the playoffs, should the Pacers get there.

boutons
01-26-2005, 04:26 PM
artest is susp for the regular season? but not for the playoffs?

pooh
01-26-2005, 04:27 PM
Artest is suspended for the whole season...playoffs too.

violentkitten
So what do you do?

not as you do

whottt

LMAO.

Look at the hypocrite kick his own ass.

Get off your fucking highhorse, Qyntel.

pooh
01-26-2005, 04:29 PM
So what do you do?
I write books.

whottt
01-26-2005, 04:32 PM
He shoulda stayed in SA. None of this would have happened if he woulda just re-signed a couple years ago, instead of being greedy and selfish. Too bad for him.

Weren't you the guy who defended the dog abuser and waxed poetic about second chances?

Ahh the irony.

It's different when the Spurs are interested in a player?

Dre_7
01-26-2005, 04:34 PM
I never defended woods!

Useruser666
01-26-2005, 04:36 PM
User666 conveniently highlighted only the words that would scew what Jackson said into something negative.

Way to go.

You didn't have a problem with S-Jax when he was carrying the Spurs in 4th quarters of our championship run.

I highlighted key points in the article. I didn't have a problem with SJax when he was here. But When he was here he wasn't running up into the stands at punching people either. It's not like what I bold faced was taken out of context or anything.

exstatic
I write books.
Isn't that singular, and have you cleared $100 yet?

From what I have been hearing, (rumor or whatever) the next step now for Artest, will be his reinstatement about 5-10 games before the playoffs, should the Pacers get there.
Ain't gonna happen. The rest of the Pacers were first offenders. Artest isn't. The NBA has no interest at all in going easy on his cuckoo ass.

Dre_7
Did you read all my posts in that thread? Matter a fact, heres my last post in case you didnt read it (I never Defended woods):

Dude, did you read anything I wrote? First of all, I said that I DONT WANT SA to sign him. Also, you are making it sound like I hate animals and I think what he did was okay. Thats not the case. I think what he did was horrible. He needs to face the consequences of his actions. I guess what I am saying is its possible for people to change their life. Ive done it. I apologize if I offended you. I just believe that people can change. Unfortunatly not everybody does change. He deserves a chance to repent, face the consequnces and punishment of his actions, and change his life. Thats all, Im not saying he shouldn't be held responisble or be declared "Not Guilty." Just that all people deserve a chance to learn from their mistakes and CHANGE their lives. I regret a lot of the things Ive done in the past, but I am not the same person I was back then. I found forgiveness, not forgiveness as in "Okaying what I did" but forgiveness as in turning away from those things and changing my behavior and stuff like that.

Im sorry, I should have made myself clear from the begining: He should face consequences of his actions. But, it is possible that he maybe, might, look at his life and see the things hes done wrong and change his life. If that happens, I believe he deserves a second chance. But, if he doesnt change, then he doesnt deserve anything. That is all Im saying I guess. Again, Im sorry if I offended anyone.

pooh
01-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Ain't gonna happen. The rest of the Pacers were first offenders. Artest isn't. The NBA has no interest at all in going easy on his cuckoo ass.

I thought O'Neal was going to be out the full 25 games but he wasn't. Jackson was allowed to return to practice right away, but he completed his suspension.

I think it's curious that they're now allowing Artest back to practice. I think there is something brewing that will bring him back to the court before the playoffs begin.

Useruser666
01-26-2005, 04:40 PM
And Pooh, gimme a break. Your a decent guy(I think), but you wouldn't run into the stands. There is no defending what SJax did that night. If you can't see that then that's too bad for you.

pooh
01-26-2005, 04:44 PM
I'm not defending Jackson or Artest...if placed in the same situation, yes I would go into the stands. If I was held back, then I would try to get away and get up there, and if I didn't...then at least I tried.

Useruser666
01-26-2005, 04:51 PM
I'm not defending Jackson or Artest...if placed in the same situation, yes I would go into the stands. If I was held back, then I would try to get away and get up there, and if I didn't...then at least I tried.

OK Pooh. You're a bad ass.

http://www.pelsor.com/mullet/baby.jpg

Pooh as a boy.

Sorry man, but you have more chance of playing in the NBA than running up into the stands and fighting.

violentkitten
01-26-2005, 04:51 PM
speaking from experience of course

FromWayDowntown
01-26-2005, 04:56 PM
If placed in the same situation, then, you'd willingly break NBA rules. I'd hope you'd expect to be punished severely for your actions as well.

We can go over this ad nauseum, but if I walked up to you on a street, Pooh, and threw a beer at you and you reacted with fisticuffs, I could pretty well assure you that your ass would be going to the clink that night. Being angry about having something thrown at you is not ever a justification for resorting to physical violence.

Jackson has done his time. I don't see how anyone can defend his actions or think that he didn't act thuggishly at the Palace, but to each his own.

I didn't have a problem with Stephen Jackson when he was here, but that view of him has changed. I don't find those views inconsistent -- I also used to think the world of a high school friend until I found out he had cheated on his wife.

And if Stern relents on Artest, his authority to punish (and the respect for those punishments) will be diminished significantly. I can't imagine that he'll willingly back off. My understanding is that Artest is being permitted to practice with the team in Indiana because the Pacers thought it would help to keep him clean. He's still not permitted to travel with the team and he's still not permitted to be in any arena while they are playing games. Hard to imagine that a limited reprieve in special circumstances is somehow a prelude to a reduced punishment. Stern didn't relent on Jackson's punishment . . . .

jcrod
01-26-2005, 04:58 PM
"Jackson says he regrets what happened but was just trying to be a good teammate."

If wanted to get "Artest out of there", why didn't he go to Artest rather than pounding the shit out of the fans? This is way-after-the-fact cover-his-ass revisionism.

His dumbness on the basketball court extends to dumbness off.

btw, Jackson lovers, you don't have to be smart basketball players to hit a few baskets.

Actually if you do look at the replays he is going in there to grab Artest. He doesn't start hitting until the other fan throws another drink at Artest. So he is telling the truth, all though still wrong in some sense.

Useruser666
01-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Actually if you do look at the replays he is going in there to grab Artest. He doesn't start hitting until the other fan throws another drink at Artest. So he is telling the truth, all though still wrong in some sense.

That may be technically true, but remember watching him try and start a fight on the court when he went all "popeye"? He wasn't a peace maker.

pooh
01-26-2005, 05:08 PM
In spite of all it, jackson did his time and now is able to return to the floor, period. whether he "learned his lesson" or not is not for us to say, or to decide. fact is...he's back.

violentkitten
01-26-2005, 05:10 PM
i couldnt cheer for someone after they did something that stupid.

whottt
01-26-2005, 05:23 PM
In spite of all it, jackson did his time and now is able to return to the floor, period. whether he "learned his lesson" or not is not for us to say, or to decide. fact is...he's back.

Pooh don't sweat it, you don't have to defend anything, it's real simple...

Player for another team picks his nose in public = Snooty Spurfans that are universally outraged and shocked at the lack of character of those players and the organizations who would employ them.

Player is a murder, rapist, drugaddict, wife beater, etc and a chance the Spurs will sign him = Benevolent, understanding and caring Spurfans who believe said player is just misunderstood, a product of his environment, and very deserving of a second chance....Or winning is all that matters...trust Pop.

There's about 4 fans who are consistent about their position on things...guys like ducks, AHF and Ghost...who frankly don't care if a player is a scumbag no matter what team he plays for, ever. They aren't worried about character issues...and others like TimVP who are generally concerned about the character of this team on a consistent basis.

The rest are just full of shit, so don't sweat it. IF the Spurs were bringing Jack back he'd be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

violentkitten
01-26-2005, 05:26 PM
uh he went into the stands and beat up on paying customers even a fukking blowhard like you should be able to grasp that isnt acceptable behavior

ALVAREZ6
01-26-2005, 05:27 PM
uh he went into the stands and beat up on paying customers even a fukking blowhard like you should be able to grasp that isnt acceptable behavior
Yeah it is.

If I was being hit from different directions, I would have done the same as Jackson, only I really would have hit them, not give them little pussy slaps like he did.

whottt
01-26-2005, 05:28 PM

Exhibit A Pooh...

Remember when this fucking clown was creaming himself and championing bringing an admitted wife beater to the Spurs?

Useruser666
01-26-2005, 05:32 PM
I don't want Jack back. I never had anything against him before that incident, but he has proven himself damaged goods. I don't go back on my opinions of players just because there is a rumor the Spurs might sign him.

violentkitten
01-26-2005, 05:32 PM
hee hee its cute when alvarez tries to talk tough

now whottts gone mad

ALVAREZ6
01-26-2005, 05:37 PM
This message is hidden because violentkitten is on your ignore list.

Useruser666
01-26-2005, 05:41 PM
This message is hidden because violentkitten is on your ignore list.

Dude, you just quoted him in your previous post! :lol

violentkitten
01-26-2005, 05:46 PM
lil alvarez wants the boogeyman to go away but he wont

Duff McCartney
01-26-2005, 06:00 PM
If I was being hit from different directions, I would have done the same as Jackson, only I really would have hit them, not give them little pussy slaps like he did.

The only problem is Jackson wasn't even being hit by any direction. He wasn't even involved in the incident...he involved himself by running up there like a god damn moron.

whottt
01-26-2005, 06:02 PM
http://simplythebest.net (http://simplythebest.net/sounds/WAV/sound_effects_WAV/sound_effect_WAV_files/fart_1.wav)

Dex
01-26-2005, 06:03 PM
:lmao

You people are funny.

violentkitten
01-26-2005, 06:05 PM
whottt cant beat me so he has to misquote me

whottt
01-26-2005, 06:08 PM
http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/j/Bass%20Drum.jpg

violentkitten
01-26-2005, 06:09 PM
now whottt is posting red Xs. what ever will i do

tekdragon
01-26-2005, 06:19 PM
Dude, is that Jean-Claude Van Damme dancing in your sig?

<shudder>

Be afraid. Be very afraid...

whottt
01-26-2005, 06:51 PM
now whottt is posting red Xs. what ever will i do

Make a new nick that isn't the forum bitch...the same thing you always do.

violentkitten
01-26-2005, 08:00 PM
what the fuck are you babbling about

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Is violent kitten another Marcus alias?

I like that kitten. He/she/it has balls.

KEDA
01-27-2005, 10:22 AM
I wrote a book ONCE.

There, fixed!

ALVAREZ6
01-27-2005, 12:27 PM
lil alvarez wants the boogeyman to go away but he wont
Go Commit Suicide.

violentkitten
01-27-2005, 01:59 PM
how cute when he tries to be tuff

ace3g
05-31-2019, 10:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtV9uxQHnGY

ginobilized
05-31-2019, 11:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtV9uxQHnGY

Nice find, thanks for posting!
Glad Stephen has some respect for TD and SA. Seemed like he was a bit salty for awhile.

Spurs fever
05-31-2019, 11:13 PM
Nice find, thanks for posting!
Glad Stephen has some respect for TD and SA. Seemed like he was a bit salty for awhile. He's mostly salty about Pop and Tony. He also seems to have a love/hate relationship with Manu. He always loved Timmy.

Play Boban
05-31-2019, 11:41 PM
I bet tony banged his wife/gf tbh

daslicer
05-31-2019, 11:42 PM
I bet tony banged his wife/gf tbh

Doubt it since Jax has a thing for ghetto hoodrats which don't strike me as Tony's type.

RC_Drunkford
06-01-2019, 07:56 PM
He also said Will Sevening is the GOAT