PDA

View Full Version : Emanuel Ginobili "Yo soy el culpable"

Typhoon
05-24-2008, 07:27 PM
From ole.com.ar

Manu se señaló como principal responsable de las derrotas de San Antonio ante los Lakers en la final del Oeste. "Tengo que hacer las cosas mejor, ser más agresivo", dijo. Los Spurs están 2-0 abajo en la serie y mañana, como locales, buscarán descontar.

Desde hace ya un tiempo, Emanuel Ginóbili es una estrella de la NBA. Competitivo como es, el bahiense se hizo cargo de su rol en el equipo y mostró todo su fastidio por sus bajas actuaciones en una serie que pinta muy complicada para San Antonio.

Con la derrota de anoche (101-71 ante Los Angeles Lakers), los Spurs quedaron 2-0 abajo en la final de la Conferencia Oeste. La serie es al mejor de siete juegos, así que nada está dicho. Sin embargo, Manu se culpó por las caídas en los dos primeros partidos y no puso excusas a la hora de hablar de su nivel.

"El tobillo no es el problema. No me está limitando. Simplemente estoy jugando mal", afirmó Ginóbili tras el encuentro jugado anoche en el Staples Center de Los Angeles. "Tengo que hacer las cosas mejor, ser más agresivo", agregó.

Manu terminó como el máximo anotador de San Antonio durante la temporada regular (19.5 puntos por partido), pero sus números bajaron sensiblemente en la actual serie ante los Lakers: 8.5 tantos por juego, con un magro 23,8% en tiros de cancha. "Yo soy el culpable. Si hubiera jugado un poco bien estos dos partidos, iríamos 1-1. Soy crítico conmigo mismo, así que me siento responsable", afirmó,

Por su parte, Pau Gasol, el pivote español que juega para el conjunto angelino, sostuvo: "Manu no ha estado muy fino, lleva dos partidos que no está demasiado bien y su equipo le necesita". El bahiense tendrá revancha mañana, desde las 22, cuando San Antonio reciba a los Lakers en el tercer encuentro de la serie.

He said that those losses are on him and he's saying that he's going to play more agressive and smarter, and that the injury is not bothering, hes just playing bad at the moment.

GrandeDavid
05-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Vai Manu vai! Sei que ele vai detonar amanha e terca! Nos vamos dar porrada nestes Lakers amanha, e o Manu sera o nosso lider!

Typhoon
05-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Also he said if he would of had a decent game Spurs would be 1-1 against the gaykers and he feels responsible.

Emanuel20
05-24-2008, 07:33 PM
From ole.com.ar

Manu se señaló como principal responsable de las derrotas de San Antonio ante los Lakers en la final del Oeste. "Tengo que hacer las cosas mejor, ser más agresivo", dijo. Los Spurs están 2-0 abajo en la serie y mañana, como locales, buscarán descontar.

Desde hace ya un tiempo, Emanuel Ginóbili es una estrella de la NBA. Competitivo como es, el bahiense se hizo cargo de su rol en el equipo y mostró todo su fastidio por sus bajas actuaciones en una serie que pinta muy complicada para San Antonio.

Con la derrota de anoche (101-71 ante Los Angeles Lakers), los Spurs quedaron 2-0 abajo en la final de la Conferencia Oeste. La serie es al mejor de siete juegos, así que nada está dicho. Sin embargo, Manu se culpó por las caídas en los dos primeros partidos y no puso excusas a la hora de hablar de su nivel.

"El tobillo no es el problema. No me está limitando. Simplemente estoy jugando mal", afirmó Ginóbili tras el encuentro jugado anoche en el Staples Center de Los Angeles. "Tengo que hacer las cosas mejor, ser más agresivo", agregó.

Manu terminó como el máximo anotador de San Antonio durante la temporada regular (19.5 puntos por partido), pero sus números bajaron sensiblemente en la actual serie ante los Lakers: 8.5 tantos por juego, con un magro 23,8% en tiros de cancha. "Yo soy el culpable. Si hubiera jugado un poco bien estos dos partidos, iríamos 1-1. Soy crítico conmigo mismo, así que me siento responsable", afirmó,

Por su parte, Pau Gasol, el pivote español que juega para el conjunto angelino, sostuvo: "Manu no ha estado muy fino, lleva dos partidos que no está demasiado bien y su equipo le necesita". El bahiense tendrá revancha mañana, desde las 22, cuando San Antonio reciba a los Lakers en el tercer encuentro de la serie.

He said that those losses are on him and he's saying that he's going to play more agressive and smarter, and that the injury is not bothering, hes just playing bad at the moment.

Can you translate?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Also he said if he would of had a decent game Spurs would be 1-1 against the gaykers and he feels responsible.

I hope he called them that.

Russ
05-24-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm more impressed with Ginobili every season. Ginobili = the "Anti-Kobe." :)

Emanuel20
05-24-2008, 08:05 PM
He seems to be putting too much pressure on himself!

raspsa
05-24-2008, 08:13 PM
He feels personally responsible w/c is a testament to the kind of person he is. But its a team effort or rather a lack of effort that has led to this situation. Manu has given so much of himself through the years, others must step up.

Emanuel20
05-24-2008, 08:22 PM
COMMENTARY: CEDRIC GOLDEN
http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/other/05/25/0525golden.html
Spurs need Manu's best play for series survival
By Cedric Golden

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Manu Ginobili is hurting all over.

Sore ankle. Strained groin. Battered psyche.

The NBA's Sixth Man of the Year this season could start for 90 percent of the teams in the league, but the way he's played in the first two games of the Western Conference finals, Ginobili would be lucky to land a starting job with the San Antonio Silver Stars.

He's still a killer, one capable of ending all of this slump nonsense with 25 points before the home folks tonight, but his recent lack of production may end up killing San Antonio's title hopes.

It's simple. The Spurs need their best player to play like their best player. With all due respect to the great Tim Duncan, Ginobili's play will determine if San Antonio can turn this 0-2 predicament into a long series and avoid being steamrolled by Kobe Bryant's Los Angeles Lakers.

Ginobili's struggles are magnified because of the stage and the stakes involved. He's had his offensive problems before — not a rarity for scorers — but the fact he's missing shots he normally makes and not operating at 100 percent makes it doubly troubling for the Spurs, who limped home from Tinseltown facing a two-game deficit for the second straight series.

Ginobili has scored a not-so-grand total of 17 points in the first two games and has missed 16 of his 21 field-goal attempts. The signature forays to the basket have been limited, and he has as many turnovers (6) as rebounds. He played only 23 minutes in Friday's 101-71 beatdown at Staples Center, a game for which coach Gregg Popovich reportedly considered not dressing him.

Not one to make excuses, Ginobili was saying all the right things after the game. He has to say all the right things at this point. Admitting vulnerability during the playoffs is like dangling a 20-ounce steak in front of a pit bull. Ginobili's not a dog; he's just trying to play through physical limitations, even if he's unwilling to admit it.

"I'm not taking it that the ankle is limiting me,'' he said. "I'm just playing bad. I have to step up and do things better and be more aggressive. I have to forget the ankle, it's not an issue now."

But it is. The only good thing that came out of Los Angeles — besides the Spurs plane leaving the runway in fewer than five hours — was Ginobili did get plenty of rest in the fourth quarter, even if was because his team getting torched by at least 18 points for the fifth time in the postseason. The Lakers have outscored San Antonio 145-91 over the last 65 minutes and 31 seconds of game time, an hour-plus of misery that could well signal the final hours of this championship group as we know it.

The best way to make Ginobili's problems go away — while also shutting up the cynics who think this team is past its championship prime — is to blow out the Lakers today and get back into this series. The Spurs climbed out of a hole to eliminate New Orleans in the semifinals, but that came with Ginobili averaging 23.4 points in the final five games, a few more than the 8.5 he's giving them right now.

The Spurs are 6-0 at AT&T Center in the postseason, and the call must go out to the non-Big 3 Spurs who aren't exactly lending the support that's needed to win a playoff series. San Antonio is chasing history — a first repeat championship — while also fighting the odds.

Teams with a 2-0 lead in NBA playoff series are 201-14 all-time, and the Lakers haven't blown a 2-0 lead in a series since the 1969 NBA Finals. Add that the Spurs are seeking to become the first team to overcome an 0-2 deficit twice in the same postseason

Tough task but this is a tough team led by a tough coach and tough players like Ginobili. If the Lakers can lose two straight in Utah after taking a 2-0 lead, it's not a stretch to see them lose two in San Antonio. Coach Phil Jackson echoed that sentiment Friday when he said nothing happens in the playoffs until the home team loses a game.

If that happens in San Antonio, it's a wrap. Either way, Ginobili will be a central figure.

"We're down 0-2 and it should be at least 1-1,'' he said. "We have to really step up, starting with me."

[email protected]; 912-5944

Kori Ellis
05-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Manu repeated over and over last night after the game that he actually felt much better in Game 2 (health-wise) than he did in Game 1. And that he just didn't step up. I'm actually hoping this is the case. Because if he's not that hurt, he should be able to turn things around in Games 3/4.

Hopefully all the Spurs step up tomorrow and make this a series again.

Emanuel20
05-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Manu repeated over and over last night after the game that he actually felt much better in Game 2 (health-wise) than he did in Game 1. And that he just didn't step up. I'm actually hoping this is the case. Because if he's not that hurt, he should be able to turn things around in Games 3/4.

That's what I noticed, too. He repeated said that he felt much better than game 2, but just did not step up. Why not? I think he has the right IQ to step up if he is feeling better.
However, during the game he obviously looked like he could not push off the mildly sprained ankle.

I guess I am spent I don’t know what to think. I can't wait till the game starts and see how our spurs react.

:flag:

Bob Lanier
05-24-2008, 08:54 PM
They put soy in everything these days.

1Parker1
05-24-2008, 08:57 PM

I think he's just saying that. It's obvious his injury has been limiting him...it was obvious even in the Hornets series. I have yet to see the signature Manu drives to the basket that I've seen all season long in the regular season. His 3 point shot and mid range shot started falling the last couple of games against the Hornets. But he still looks tentative to drive to the basket.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Manu's been in a scoring slump for too long. He's due for a scoring torrent.

1Parker1
05-24-2008, 09:02 PM
I've said it before, but I don't think Ginobili needs to be SuperGinobili for the Spurs to win this series. Parker and Duncan should both be owning the Lakers right now enough to overcome Ginobili's shortcomings. Ginobili does need to play a lot smarter on defense and pick and choose his offense and not turn the ball over. If guys like Finley, Barry, Udoka, and Horry would just wake the hell up and hit some damn shots, Spurs could have been 1-1 right now.

Manu is far from being the "culpable."

Garquint
05-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Don't worry. I'm sure he'll be back.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x2/Garquint/gino_term1.jpg

Kori Ellis
05-24-2008, 09:06 PM
I think he's just saying that. It's obvious his injury has been limiting him...it was obvious even in the Hornets series. I have yet to see the signature Manu drives to the basket that I've seen all season long in the regular season. His 3 point shot and mid range shot started falling the last couple of games against the Hornets. But he still looks tentative to drive to the basket.

Well he didn't say he's not hurt at all :lol He just repeated over and over that he felt better in Game 2 than he did in Game 1. Manu is usually pretty honest about discussing his bangs, bruises and injuries, so I believe him. It doesn't mean he's not hurt. Just maybe (hopefully) not as hurt as people think.

hsxvvd
05-24-2008, 09:31 PM
When the El Manu drought ends it will hopefully rain for the remainder of the playoffs.

Budkin
05-24-2008, 09:34 PM
I love Manu... the guy is a fucking warrior.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-24-2008, 09:35 PM
They put soy in everything these days.

:lol