PDA

View Full Version : Lakers/Spurs obviously the two best in the WEST

ChickHearnMic
05-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Hey I know you SPurs fans want to slit our throats, especially since were up 2 games to none.:ihit

I come here waving the white flag

This thread is simply to point out that the:king Lakers and the Spurs:king are the two Kings in the West and that's that.
Anyone to disagree with that is cleary being unrealistic.

I now that some Laker fans can lay it on thick and it could be a bit immature but let's be real , every team has these type of fans. Yes and even some Spurs fans too.

I am one that is not. I know good basketball when I see good ball.

Plain and simple these Western Conference Finals is the best games the West has to offer .

The Lakers and Spurs are the creme of the CROP:danceclub

samikeyp
05-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Agreed.

Also, cool screen name, Chick Hearn was the best. :toast

DazedAndConfused
05-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Most sane Laker fans have nothing but respect for the Spurs........except for Bruce Lee Bowen :)

samikeyp
05-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Most sane Laker fans have nothing but respect for the Spurs........except for Bruce Lee Bowen :)

I would agree with that and I feel it works both ways.

Sadly, both teams have asshole fans who can make the others look bad.

dg7md
05-24-2008, 09:55 PM

I didn't know Wally Szczerbiak had so many fans.

Russ
05-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey I know you SPurs fans want to slit our throats, especially since were up 2 games to none.:ihit

This thread is simply to point out that the:king Lakers and the Spurs:king are the two Kings in the West and that's that.

I now that some Laker fans can lay it on thick and it could be a bit immature but let's be real , every team has these type of fans. Yes and even some Spurs fans too.

Plain and simple these Western Conference Finals is the best games the West has to offer .

It figures you'd call yourself Chick Hearn. Chick was always very respectful of the opposition.

I never heard Chick call David Robinson anything other than "the great David Robinson." He used to say "George Gervin is so skinny, he could take a shower in a rifle barrel." I even had to agree with him when he'd say "Tim Duncan is one of these guys who's never committed a foul."

When the Spurs were rolling he would say "The Spurs are jingle-jangling."

Chick was the greatest Laker ever and the only Laker I ever loved. :)

(Now, for the obligatory petty observation, Kobe should have gone to Chick's funeral.)

IronMexican
05-24-2008, 10:00 PM
I;m one of the few none asshole Laker fans here. so yeah, i try to respect this great site and their posters, of course some can get under my skin, but most are great.

DazedAndConfused
05-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Most Laker fans need to understand that this isn't our site, and we should be fortunate the owners of SpursTalk are so easy-going in allowing opposing fans to come in here.

I get carried away at times in the smack talk because they are so lenient. If I had said half of the stuff I say here anywhere else I wouldn't have a msgboard left to post on.

Man of Steel
05-24-2008, 10:07 PM
Actually the smack talk is funny sometimes.

Yes--there was no one like Chick--never will be, either.

samikeyp
05-24-2008, 10:13 PM
I can honestly say that IMO, the two best sports announcers are both from LA teams, Chick and Vin Scully. :toast

Danny.Zhu
05-24-2008, 10:14 PM
From the first two games, I think that we are the second best...

BlackSwordsMan
05-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Obviously best two. That's why they are playing in the WCF.

LakeShow
05-24-2008, 10:23 PM

Good Post Chick. :toast You couldn't ask for a better WCF.

As for the Spurs, they're awright! I respect them but I don't like them. Funny I don't feel that way about any other team, hmm...maybe because they're Winners?? :lol I hate the Spurs for the same reason others hate the lakers.

You guys have been talking a lot of shit, Lakers fans and Spurs fans but it's been pretty entertaining. Have some fun, don't get personal and enjoy the game.

Allanon
05-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Not talking about the Lakers, just about Chick, he certainly was a one of a kind and is sorely missed. It's great that Spur fans also give him some love.

http://home.ysn.com/images/612/1149645937/chick.jpg

http://www.ecxoc.com/chick/popup.jpg

timmydidit
05-24-2008, 10:59 PM
no ones denying the talent that the lakers have. well at least im not. great team. great series

Mr.Franchize
05-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Not talking about the Lakers, just about Chick, he certainly was a one of a kind and is sorely missed. It's great that Spur fans also give him some love.

http://www.ecxoc.com/chick/popup.jpg

omg i fukin miss chick! RIP

cobbler
05-24-2008, 11:08 PM
I can honestly say that IMO, the two best sports announcers are both from LA teams, Chick and Vin Scully. :toast

Bob Miller, though not so famous as Chick and Vin is actually one of the better hockey announcers as well. We are very fortunate.

heymanooh1
05-24-2008, 11:38 PM

http://www.ecxoc.com/chick/popup.jpgI miss Chick announcing Laker games. He always called the game fairly, never afraid to say the Lakers sucked when it was warranted and always gave credit to the opposing team when it was due.

Can't stand the asshat announcers they have now.

Killakobe81
05-24-2008, 11:57 PM
Agree with op ...that is why i was so shocked to see the hate towards the Lakers when i moved here to SA ...
We dont haet the Spurs (most of us) at all ...we dont like Sac, Boston (back in the day) maybe even Detroit definitely Utah ...
But i ahve met lots of the non-classy ones there are plenty of good ones on this site ..
Duncan is the best center playing PF EVER!!! And Manu was one of my faves before he mastered the flop ...i just cant stand Bowen and Tony ...Parker not so much for his game he is damn quic i just hate the hype on him and Eva ...just like you hate the way they jock Kobe ....Eva is cute but do we have to see here EVERY freaking game? Before housewives she was a nobody ....

Killakobe81
05-24-2008, 11:58 PM
Chick was the greatest bar none ...was harder on the Lakers than anyone ...

Killakobe81
05-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Funny i said the same thing just the other day LA was so blessed with announcers, Vin is a HOF the hockey guy is good too ... and i dont even mind the Clippers guy but unfortunately he does the Clippers ...

YellowFever
05-25-2008, 01:52 AM
It figures you'd call yourself Chick Hearn. Chick was always very respectful of the opposition.

I never heard Chick call David Robinson anything other than "the great David Robinson." He used to say "George Gervin is so skinny, he could take a shower in a rifle barrel." I even had to agree with him when he'd say "Tim Duncan is one of these guys who's never committed a foul."

(Now, for the obligatory petty observation, Kobe should have gone to Chick's funeral.)

Kobe DID , in fact, go to the funeral.

I think it was Jackson and the Big Whining Lard that didn't go.

I've always respected the Spurs because they are one of a few teams that actually accomplished anything in this league and none of their players (as far as I can remember) made the papers doing something stupid.

Duncan is a classy player and an individual , in my opinion, one of the top two PF of all time. And I would love to have Manu on my team. Parker, for some reason, I don't like as a player but I'm also willing to admit he hasn't done so bad for himself.

Alot of people hate the Spurs for the same reason they hate the Lakers.
Because they win so damn much.

On a side note, I discovered this forum about 3 weeks ago and thought it was by far the best forum about basketball.
Well, reality has set in and I see some of the Spurs trolls can be just as obnoxious and lame as Lakers trolls.

I'm willing to ignore these lamers (here and in LG) because quite honestly, they HAVE earned the right to be trolls.

Have faith Spurs fans.

no matter what hapens in the WCF, just know that the Spurs have represented the NBA well for the past 9 years or so.

And may the better team win.

ChickHearnMic
05-25-2008, 02:02 AM
Chick-Isms

Bunny hop (in the pea patch)
Traveling, (in the lane).

(The mustard's off the) Hot-dog
A player attempts an unnecessarily showy, flashy play which ends up in a turnover or is otherwise unsuccessful.

Popcorn machine
1.When a player is faked out badly, he's put in the popcorn machine, which is so far off the court and out of the play. A defender jumps to block a faked shot, he gets faked so far out of the play, (the popcorn machine in the lobby) leaving the resulting shot wide open. There was actually a popcorn machine near the goal posts in the Sports Arena, hence the reference.
2.A defender who is so faked out he's bouncing up and down trying to block the shot, like a kernel popping in a popcorn machine.

(The game's in the) Refrigerator
(the door's closed, the light's out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the jello's jiggling)
The game is out of reach.

Also a few Hall of Famers nicknames

Mr. Clutch
Jerry West (great in clutch situations)

Big Game James
James Worthy (who came through in big playoff games)

Big Fella
Cap
Kareem Abdul Jabbar (7'2") - the Captain

Francis Dayle "Chick" Hearn R.I.P

G.O.A.T :lobt2:

hsxvvd
05-25-2008, 02:07 AM
Fuck this love fest, back to war you homo.
:ihit

acidsmoke86
05-25-2008, 02:07 AM
Spurs good? meh thats a thing of the past already

the new teams are Celtics and lakers.

those 4 Spurs throphies shoul be the last for them.

YellowFever
05-25-2008, 02:08 AM
an FYI:

Chick was also the person to coin the term: "Slam Dunk"

YellowFever
05-25-2008, 02:10 AM

LoL...

You're right.

Spurs suck! :ihit

ata
05-25-2008, 05:36 AM

An vice versa :toast

However, now is time for war, not love :ihit

Benvolio_Montague
05-25-2008, 05:46 AM
I bite my thumb at this piece of shit troll thread.

SenorSpur
05-25-2008, 07:50 AM

Agreed. Here's to many more epic battles, and a renewed rivalry, in the years to come. :toast

samikeyp
05-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Big Whining Lard

:lol

:tu

ChickHearnMic
05-25-2008, 10:07 AM

I don't know , Your Mother said she couldn't get enough of me. Oh yeah also I forgot I think I need to disown you SON since you are a fugazi.

Fugazi = Plays for the Pink team and loves men ,surely out of the closet

Back to War , sure but tough to talk smack when your down. Believe me we Lakers have been there.

Fortunately where on the other side of that end this time.

pakzz
05-25-2008, 10:12 AM
spurs is one of the best team no doubt...

but lakers will beat them!

:lobt2: = Lakers

ImmortalD24
05-25-2008, 10:26 AM

(Now, for the obligatory petty observation, Kobe should have gone to Chick's funeral.)I watched the funeral service and KOBE DID GO! It was Shaq who didn't.