PDA

View Full Version : Too Many Things Line Up

Thomas82
05-24-2008, 11:51 PM
First of all, I have been a member of Spurs Talk since 2006, but I forgot that I was registered. Even though this is my first post, I still have been a regular visitor to Spurs Talk. I just had trouble finding time to post.

Anyway, for my first post, I would like to share my perspective of how the playoffs are shaping up for the Spurs. It just seems to me that too many things line up for the Spurs this year in the playoffs.

How else can you explain:

-Game 1 vs Phoenix: Michael Finley hitting the 3 to send it to OT and Tim Duncan, of all people, hitting another 3 (his first all season) with just over 1 second left in OT to send the game to send it to double OT? That was also Tim's first 40 point game of the season. His regular season best was 36.

-The New Orleans series: 3 straight blowout losses in New Orleans, first time in Spurs history winning a series after being down 0-2, first time in Spurs history (maybe NBA history) overcoming a deficit TWICE in the same series to win it, first time in Spurs history (especially during the Tim Duncan era) to win a Game 7 on the road.

-One other thing, this is the first time the Spurs have made it past the second round the year after a championship.

I know the Spurs are tempting fate by being in the same situation they were in against the Hornets, but I believe they still have a couple of miracles left in them. They haven't put together this pattern of firsts this year for nothing.

That's my $0.02

J.T.
05-24-2008, 11:56 PM
If the Spurs are to pay the Lakers back for 2004 it is only fitting that they beat them the same way they beat us. 4 straight after going down 0-2 on the road.

Thomas82
05-24-2008, 11:57 PM
If the Spurs are to pay the Lakers back for 2004 it is only fitting that they beat them the same way they beat us. 4 straight after going down 0-2 on the road.

That would be lovely.

aka_USAPA
05-24-2008, 11:58 PM
First of all, I have been a member of Spurs Talk since 2006, but I forgot that I was registered. Even though this is my first post, I still have been a regular visitor to Spurs Talk. I just had trouble finding time to post.

Anyway, for my first post, I would like to share my perspective of how the playoffs are shaping up for the Spurs. It just seems to me that too many things line up for the Spurs this year in the playoffs.

How else can you explain:

-Game 1 vs Phoenix: Michael Finley hitting the 3 to send it to OT and Tim Duncan, of all people, hitting another 3 (his first all season) with just over 1 second left in OT to send the game to send it to double OT? That was also Tim's first 40 point game of the season. His regular season best was 36.

-The New Orleans series: 3 straight blowout losses in New Orleans, first time in Spurs history winning a series after being down 0-2, first time in Spurs history (maybe NBA history) overcoming a deficit TWICE in the same series to win it, first time in Spurs history (especially during the Tim Duncan era) to win a Game 7 on the road.

-One other thing, this is the first time the Spurs have made it past the second round the year after a championship.

I know the Spurs are tempting fate by being in the same situation they were in against the Hornets, but I believe they still have a couple of miracles left in them. They haven't put together this pattern of firsts this year for nothing.

That's my $0.02

Now, there's a knowledgeable fan. A fan who knows the Sprus need a miracle to win. Ahahahahhahahahahahha!!!!

aka_USAPA
05-25-2008, 12:02 AM

If and only if. Are you a Mathematician? I doubt it. Anyways, no paybacks by the Spurs. They are just old. It's actually sad. It reminds me of the Ali vs. Holmes fight... Everybody wanted Ali to win but the was just done. Old. History. As far as the Spurs are concerned, the Spurs know it. Everybody knows it. Even the Laker haters know it. It's just the way it is. Hey, at least you can brag that your team got old and that the young, hungrier, better looking Lakers are just that... better.

Thomas82
05-25-2008, 12:21 AM
Stupid Thread

Why is this a stupid thread? Next time, you want to knock somebody's post, explain why you don't agree with the content. If not, shut the hell up and go on about your business.

IllegalAmigo
05-25-2008, 12:25 AM
Why is this a stupid thread? Next time, you want to knock somebody's post, explain why you don't agree with the content. If not, shut the hell up and go on about your business.

That's a Utard fan that promised to "get the Lakers fans back" after the last series.

She's trying to dumb us down in your minds. Trust me on this one.http://emoticons4u.com/happy/010.gif

P.S.: Yeah, yeah, some of you dumbfucks will argue that's not possible, but I know her. She's upset Boozer ate shit and died.

IllegalAmigo
05-25-2008, 12:27 AM
P.S.: I see URL addresses....and dead people.

Spurs are growing a ghastly white. Ohoh

SPARKY
05-25-2008, 12:35 AM
She's trying to dumb us down in your minds.

There's really no need for that.

greyforest
05-25-2008, 12:43 AM
i already made a thread bout this

Man of Steel
05-25-2008, 12:57 AM
Great thread,

Don't pay attention to the Licker fans

Thomas82
05-25-2008, 08:44 AM
i already made a thread bout this

What's the title of it?

MrChug
05-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Now, there's a knowledgeable fan. A fan who knows the Sprus need a miracle to win. Ahahahahhahahahahahha!!!!

What, and you motherfuckers didn't "need" .4? Didn't "need" the one pass Kobe made back then to Snaq for the dunk AND "need" a monumental collapse by the Kings? Didn't "need" Vlade Divac to accidentally tip it back to Horry and "need" him to make it?

You "need" a little luck to be a champion jackass...now WHO'S unknowledgeable?? :rolleyes