PDA

View Full Version : Wait I thought the Lakers couldn't play defense

21_Blessings
05-25-2008, 05:48 AM
:nope

Well at least thats what Spurs fans on here (and a few Laker fans to boot) claimed even though the statistics beg to differ as I pointed out numerous times. Regardless, the Lakers stomped the Spurs on both ends of the floor in both games. Take notes Pop, thats how you play :lobt2: caliber playoff defense.

Give them credit, obviously," said Duncan, who admitted his team has a lot of work to do, down 2-0 going into tonight's Game 3. "They are good defensively."

Duncan knows

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-25-2008, 05:52 AM
they cant. The Spurs are just shooting horribly. Nothing else to it.

21_Blessings
05-25-2008, 06:17 AM
they cant. The Spurs are just shooting horribly. Nothing else to it.

Funny coming from a Nuggets fan when the Lakers punked Melo into 36% shooting, Iverson to 43% while holding the Nuggets under their season average in points per game for the series.

Dumbass. Get swept harder next time.

Ghazi
05-25-2008, 07:12 AM
Good is a perfect description for the Lakers defense. It's good, but not great or special in any way. As far as I could tell from the regular season they gave up penetration too easily, had perimeter rotation issues, and were very soft on the interior after Bynum went down. BUT they did finish 5th in defensive efficiency so relative to the field it was a pretty good defense. I felt, however, that most of these weaknesses were exploited by lottery teams such as the Grizzlies, Bobcats, Blazers, and Kings. I do believe in the regular season the Lakers were undefeated against winning teams with Gasol. Ariza's injury hurt as well when it came to perimeter defense.

What we've seen so far in this series IMO is more bad offense than good defense. The Spurs had offensive problems all year and finished 15th in offensive efficiency. Stats aren't everything, but they do tell a story about the Spurs offense, and it's been evident so far.

The Laker defense NEXT year has the potential to be real scary if they keep Odom... + Kobe, Vujacic, Bynum, and Ariza... and their offense wouldn't drop off either.

I should also mention that Blessings is a biased troll and that nobody should care what this person posts or thinks.

KidCongo
05-25-2008, 07:19 AM
spurs just aren't shooting the right shots

no surprises here

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-25-2008, 07:53 AM
Funny coming from a Nuggets fan when the Lakers punked Melo into 36% shooting, Iverson to 43% while holding the Nuggets under their season average in points per game for the series.

Dumbass. Get swept harder next time.

again, the Nuggets suck, im not denying that. The Lakers are overrated and riding on the back of Stern's coat, big deal. Enjoy it while you can coz the Spurs wont lay down and die like the Nuggets.

Spurs in 7

CubanMustGo
05-25-2008, 08:53 AM
self-flagellation forum

JamStone
05-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Lakers offense is a big part of their defense. They are playing very effectively offensively, which helps allow their defense to get back and set up. And, the Lakers definitely have some good individual defenders in Kobe and Fisher and Turiaf. However, if anyone thinks it's the Lakers defense that is the primary reason for Ginobili's overall play or holding Parker down in game 2 is not right in their mind. It's also not Lakers defense that the Spurs three-point shooters are missing a lot of wide open looks.

But, yeah, the Lakers defense is "good."

DazedAndConfused
05-25-2008, 12:40 PM
The Laker defense is good enough.

LakeShow
05-25-2008, 01:54 PM
The Lakers play very good defense. It is rebounding that has given them trouble.