PDA

View Full Version : Evil Repubs, err, Demos, passing legislation getting fingerprints

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-25-2008, 11:43 AM
http://www.openmarket.org/2008/05/23/fingerprint-registry-in-housing-bill/

This measure was led by Chris Dodd, a Democrat. Doesn't he know it's only Bush and the evil Republicans who are supposed to be doing this kind of intrusive personal stuff?

I think the sound I just heard was the boutons bot short circuiting.

xrayzebra
05-25-2008, 11:50 AM
http://www.openmarket.org/2008/05/23/fingerprint-registry-in-housing-bill/

This measure was led by Chris Dodd, a Democrat. Doesn't he know it's only Bush and the evil Republicans who are supposed to be doing this kind of intrusive personal stuff?

I think the sound I just heard was the boutons bot short circuiting.

boutons thinks that it okay this time because the dimms
proposed it and if they did, it is needed. Not like those
evil pubs who just want to mess with people.:downspin:

JoeChalupa
05-25-2008, 03:53 PM
I can't quite put my finger on it but it seems to be a good idea. Then again I'm sure there is a way for the government to place fake fingerprints anywhere they choose to so I don't know.

Nbadan
05-25-2008, 06:47 PM
The legislation would require thousands of individuals working even tangentially in the mortgage and real estate industries — and not suspected of anything — to send their prints to the feds. The database and fingerprint mandates were tucked into housing and foreclosure assistance bills that on Tuesday passed the Senate Banking Committee by a vote of 19-2.

The measure the committee passed states that “an indvidual may not engage in the business of a loan originator without first … obtaining a unique identifier.” To obtain this “identifier,” an individual is requiredto “furnish” to the newly created Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry “information concerning the applicant’s identity, including fingerprints for submission” to the FBI and other government agencies.

Where was this outcry from Aggie when Texas Republicans required fingerprinting teachers and anyone even remotely related to the TEA without any burden of proof of wrongdoing? and this is only a committee vote, it still has to go for a vote in both houses...

SPARKY
05-26-2008, 01:48 AM
Where was this outcry from Aggie when Texas Republicans required fingerprinting teachers and anyone even remotely related to the TEA without any burden of proof of wrongdoing? and this is only a committee vote, it still has to go for a vote in both houses...

All one needs to do is read your posts in order to know that public school teachers should be fingerprinted.

spurster
05-26-2008, 10:42 AM
This legislation is scary stupid. The Democrats can't get reforms or an expensive bailout out of Congress, so this shows they are doing something. Both parties respond much more to lobbyist interests than to voters. You can expect this to continue ad nauseum as long as Congress is bribed through large campaign contributions.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-26-2008, 11:12 AM

Sarcasm[A] is stating the opposite of an intended meaning especially in order to sneeringly, slyly, jest or mock a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound. Sarcasm can also be used in a humorous or jesting way depending on the intent of the person speaking.