PDA

View Full Version : Are the Lakers really that good? or are the Spurs just playing that bad?

jaysmooth422
05-25-2008, 12:15 PM
???

xtremesteven33
05-25-2008, 12:16 PM
you are not as good as you look when you win a game, and you are not as bad as you look when you lose a game.

its a 7 game series..well see

TampaDude
05-25-2008, 12:18 PM
you are not as good as you look when you win a game, and you are not as bad as you look when you lose a game.

+1 It's time for the Spurs to nut up and tie the series at home...2-2 going back to LA...GO SPURS GO!!! :flag:

samikeyp
05-25-2008, 12:20 PM
yes and yes.

Lakers Dynasty
05-25-2008, 12:38 PM
This series has really been a story of halves.

If we look at the first two quarters of each game, they've been very competitive. The third quarters, so far, have been disastrous for San Antonio.

Realistically speaking, there is no logic for that.

If they were pooped out, then one could make an argument for a fourth quarter meltdown. But the third?

So yes, the Lakers are good. But the defending champions are good, too.

If the Lakers are complacent, they will lose today's game.

m33p0
05-25-2008, 12:41 PM
yes and yes.

Indazone
05-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Spurs have really been playing that bad.

Spur Spoiler
05-25-2008, 12:51 PM
???

I think both. This game is the tell all. Not just for this series. If Lakers win outright with no question then the east will be shaken in their boots (if they aren't already). Don't expect the Lakers to come out flat. They believe the hype and are going to be ready. The Spurs need to forget the last two games and look at one game at a time. The problem is this Laker team is just too much for them. Spurs are yesterdays news and Lakers are tomorrows.

trjons
05-25-2008, 02:27 PM
I'd agree with both.

Lakers played very well the last 18 minutes of Game 1 and most of Game 2. Spurs played very well the first 30 minutes of Game 1.

LakeShow
05-25-2008, 02:27 PM
yes and yes.

+1

Strike
05-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Both.

tlongII
05-25-2008, 02:44 PM

Unless it's a 4 or 5 game series.

dbestpro
05-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Here's food for thought. What would you say if I told you that the Washington Wizards will play the Seattle Supersonics for next year's championship? Crazy? It is pretty much the equivalent of Boston and L.A. In fact at the end of last season the odds where 310-1 that the Lakers and Celtics would match up in the playoffs.

Now picture this Celtics team or Lakers team against any champion ever and they will be the bottom feeder. Has the quality of basketball decreased? With out a doubt. The Spurs have been totally inconsistent and yet here they are in the finals.

The good news is that basketball is currently being played at such a poor level that when the Spurs reload next year with some younger athletes they will have a decent chance of being in the mix for another 7-10 years.

tmtcsc
05-25-2008, 03:16 PM
I fully expect us to get younger and more athletic and be right back to challenging for the title again next year. Manu, Tim, Tony and Bruce are the core. We just need to get them some help to keep them fresh.

DD
05-25-2008, 03:24 PM
who are the key Free agents next year in the NBA?

DEVILS SON IN LAW
05-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Spurs fans should give credit were credit is due..All the Lakers did is what they were supposed to do; protect home court..As mentioned by another poster somewhere here, the onus is on SA. They MUST WIN game 3 to get back into this series. The Spurs better respond TODAY or this thing could turn into a sweep. Kobe and his team are determined to come back to LA as WCC; no game 5.
BTW, for the Spurs fans that think ALL Laker fans are a bunch fake poseurs your wrong. The true fans can't afford to go to these games, or they're sitting up in the nose bleed section. Those home Laker games on tv they show all these rich famous fuckers that get to go to the games for FREE because all of the entertainment industries own all of the good seats so they can BE SEEN ON TV to promote something. It's BS. There are some exceptions like Diane Canon and Jack Nicholas. They've been around since the Showtime era.
Before the Lakers moved into Staples, they were in my home city. It was never a big deal to see Magic practicing at my high school gym, or to see Kareem driving down the street. As a Laker fan you felt like you really knew them because they were part of my community. Now it's ALL glitz and glamour at Staples.
I can see how your perception of LA fans may be warped; because on tv they only want you to see "The Beautiful People" Fucking LAME! Sorry for the long rant. lol.

cherylsteele
05-25-2008, 04:04 PM
A little of both I'd say.

timvp
05-25-2008, 04:08 PM
There are some exceptions like Diane Canon and Jack Nicholas. ROFL. Laker Fan never ceases to amaze.

jaysmooth422
05-25-2008, 04:26 PM
I think both. This game is the tell all. Not just for this series. If Lakers win outright with no question then the east will be shaken in their boots (if they aren't already). Don't expect the Lakers to come out flat. They believe the hype and are going to be ready. The Spurs need to forget the last two games and look at one game at a time. The problem is this Laker team is just too much for them. Spurs are yesterdays news and Lakers are tomorrows.

well i bet you said the same thing when sa got their butts kicked in the first two games in NO. now listen i know NO is not the lakers but there's really not that much difference here for sa. when they went against NO they were faced with a high percentage shooting team just like LA the only difference is NO is a little bit more consistant than the lakers are. but now LA is faced up against an exausted spurs team who really hasnt had one real practice yet up til now. i mean lets face it LA is good but i think the spurs fatigue is making them look ten times better than what they really are. LA is taking advantage of a wounded tiger right now. i look for the spurs to not only win tonight but make a huge statement in tonights game get the momentum back on our side. see just like NO its all love when every shot is falling and every call goes your way but how will that young lakers team who's been known to choke react when those shots aint falling? how will they readjust? what will the zen master do? will they put everything back on kobe and rely on him? hope not cause kobe alone will not defeat the defending champs, i still say sa in six. :flag:

fishrap
05-25-2008, 04:31 PM
It's difficult to pin the Spurs this year. They lose by 30 one night and win by 30 the next. Might be this age thing everyone is talking about.

KobeOwnsBowen
05-25-2008, 04:34 PM
The Spurs are just that bad. We'll embarrass you even more tonight.

jaysmooth422
05-25-2008, 04:37 PM
The Spurs are just that bad. We'll embarrass you even more tonight.

sad thing is you really dont believe that yourself :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Commissioner Stern
05-25-2008, 04:44 PM
well i bet you said the same thing when sa got their butts kicked in the first two games in NO. now listen i know NO is not the lakers but there's really not that much difference here for sa. when they went against NO they were faced with a high percentage shooting team just like LA the only difference is NO is a little bit more consistant than the lakers are. but now LA is faced up against an exausted spurs team who really hasnt had one real practice yet up til now. i mean lets face it LA is good but i think the spurs fatigue is making them look ten times better than what they really are. LA is taking advantage of a wounded tiger right now. i look for the spurs to not only win tonight but make a huge statement in tonights game get the momentum back on our side. see just like NO its all love when every shot is falling and every call goes your way but how will that young lakers team who's been known to choke react when those shots aint falling? how will they readjust? what will the zen master do? will they put everything back on kobe and rely on him? hope not cause kobe alone will not defeat the defending champs, i still say sa in six. :flag:

I agree. The Lakers are young like NO. The Lakers also can't win a road play-off game like NO. The Lakers can't beat anyone on the road. San Antone has a good home record. One of the only other teams to have a better road record than the Spurs were the Jazz.

Oh, wait... nevermind.

TheZackAttack!
05-25-2008, 04:46 PM
The Spurs are playing like SHIT!

But they'll turn it around

gobo
05-25-2008, 05:03 PM
???

It is both. The Lakers are good but the spurs really played bad overall. Look, not matter how good the Lakers may be, for a team like the spurs to blow 20pts lead in the 3rd quarter seems sufficient indication that they messed up. They played bad. On the other hand, game 2 may show how good the lakers are.

BlackSwordsMan
05-25-2008, 05:05 PM
both if anyone says different they are delusional

CavsSuperFan
05-25-2008, 05:10 PM
The Lakers would be a good team if Bynum was healthy...
They are not such a good team on the road...
Spurs will be much tougher on their home court...

manufor3
05-25-2008, 05:11 PM
si and si

jaysmooth422
05-25-2008, 05:12 PM
I agree. The Lakers are young like NO. The Lakers also can't win a road play-off game like NO. The Lakers can't beat anyone on the road. San Antone has a good home record. One of the only other teams to have a better road record than the Spurs were the Jazz.

Oh, wait... nevermind.

Jazz arent the defending champs and the jazz were'nt down 0-2 in their previous series either. what else you got?:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

DEVILS SON IN LAW
05-25-2008, 05:12 PM
ROFL. Laker Fan never ceases to amaze.

What's there to be amazed about Timmy? lol..I'll tell you what will amaze me..The Spurs getting out of this series. Interesting how you didn't include the remaining part of my sentence. Anyway, Spurs are too old and slow to hang with us. Especially that weak baldheaded Genobili. Genobili should've hit up beverly hills while in LA to get some hair plugged into that head.

DEVILS SON IN LAW
05-25-2008, 05:22 PM
The Lakers would be a good team if Bynum was healthy...
They are not such a good team on the road...
Spurs will be much tougher on their home court...

You're being dillusional. The lakers are a good team without bynum, they'll be great when he returns. the lakers have had a pretty good road record. You guys had better pull a win out of your asses TODAY or it's OVER BROTHA!

jaysmooth422
05-25-2008, 05:27 PM
What's there to be amazed about Timmy? lol..I'll tell you what will amaze me..The Spurs getting out of this series. Interesting how you didn't include the remaining part of my sentence. Anyway, Spurs are too old and slow to hang with us. Especially that weak baldheaded Genobili. Genobili should've hit up beverly hills while in LA to get some hair plugged into that head.

let you tell it we were to old to beat NO also. :flag:

romsho
05-25-2008, 05:42 PM
This Laker team is good, but certainly not a powerhouse. In no way are the Spurs overmatched personnel wise. The Spurs played poorly in L.A, but it wasn't like they weren't getting good open looks- bumping around in here the last few days, Laker fan would like you to think this is the second coming of Showtime. It ain't. So to answer the question, most of this points to the subpar play of the Spurs, especially Manu Ginobili.

Bandwagon Fan
05-25-2008, 06:12 PM
the jazz were'nt down 0-2 in their previous series either
You sure about that pops? The lakers had the best road record in the west in the regular season. They also have the best road record in the playoffs. The Lakers beat the team with the best home record in the west at home twice including to clinch the semifinals. The Hornets couldnt claim any of those. Unless the spurs magically become better at home then the Jazz and better on the road then the Lakers (the two best in their respective areas), this series is over.

Capt Bringdown
05-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Lakers always seem to bring their A+ game against us. If not for them, how many more titles would we have? I think they relish their role as spoiler against us, Kobe and PJ are that competitive.

Plus, we seem to be flat out intimidated and scared. The Lakers bring out the worst in us, and our record against them is a big blemish and disappointment in terms of legacy.

der Kaiser
05-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Both.

I dont know about San Antonio, I know they are a great team, but they look great at times, and then they just look like a scrub team. I dont mean just this series I mean the whole season.

der Kaiser
05-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Lakers always seem to bring their A+ game against us. If not for them, how many more titles would we have? I think they relish their role as spoiler against us, Kobe and PJ are that competitive.

Plus, we seem to be flat out intimidated and scared. The Lakers bring out the worst in us, and our record against them is a big blemish and disappointment in terms of legacy.

It goes both ways man. If you guys had not ambushed us in 2003, we probably would have won 5 in a row. (2004 aswell)

If we had not nipped you in 04 you probably win 3 in a row. I think it is a good thing that these two teams have been dominating the decade. (the spurs for over ten years now) i dont mind losing to the Spurs, class organization from the owner down. Cheers.:toast

Avitus1
05-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Playing bad.... the 7 games with NO hurt em a bit more then most would admit.

Capt Bringdown
05-25-2008, 08:00 PM
It goes both ways man. If you guys had not ambushed us in 2003, we probably would have won 5 in a row. (2004 aswell)
i dont mind losing to the Spurs, class organization from the owner down. Cheers.:toast

I have to say that when we beat the Lakers they competed better than we've shown.

The times they've beat us, there's been a point in every series where you can see the Spurs just fold. Disappointing to say the least.

So, although you can say we've had a rivalry, I think the Lakers have a clear advantage mentally.

The Lakers are in our heads, big time.

jaysmooth422
05-25-2008, 08:39 PM
You sure about that pops? The lakers had the best road record in the west in the regular season. They also have the best road record in the playoffs. The Lakers beat the team with the best home record in the west at home twice including to clinch the semifinals. The Hornets couldnt claim any of those. Unless the spurs magically become better at home then the Jazz and better on the road then the Lakers (the two best in their respective areas), this series is over.

spurs are 6-0 at home in the playoffs fag lakers couldnt beat utah at home either. i mean what do you want?