PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Report: Bryant Accuser OD'd months before incident

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-20-2003, 04:32 PM
espn.go.com/nba/news/2003...83145.html (http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0720/1583145.html)

Well, I wonder how much was paid to these supposed "friends" to spill the beans. What a bunch of idiots.

I guess Kobe got his loophole now, prick will probably get off.

AHF

Truthsayer
07-20-2003, 04:38 PM
I don't think these facts will have much of an impact at all. If anything, in the long run it may cause people to have more sympathy for the alleged victim. Apparently this young woman has gone through enough distress in her life without this.

DeSPURado
07-20-2003, 04:44 PM
Most of you all might see this as an attack on the girls character. She was depressed, attempted suicide and, thus sought out Kobe to get something from him. I on the other hand don't see that. Having studied psychology extensively, I would like to report that this brings into line the whole story for me. Rapist generally choose their victims based on criterias of perceived weakness, submissiveness, and low self esteem. For me this bout with depression further backs up the claim of rape. She was supposed to be the perfect victim, a small town cheerleader with a history of depression. My only hope is that she proves to the world to be much stronger than Kobe alllegedly percieved her to be. You might ask yourself Why I am so quick to believe these allegations? I'll tell you in my next post.

By the way this information was most likely leaked by the District Attourney. Lawyers all know that the case is won in the courtroom, not in media. So they want to save their biggest guns for the court room and do as much as possible to diffuse the weapons of their opponent in the media as much as possible. Leaking this info was to get the news out there by a "friendly reporter" who wouldn't use the information in an all out attack of the girls credibility.

Cassius Clay
07-20-2003, 08:19 PM
Yeah but did Kobe know about all her "problems"? I don't see that. I can agree with you that there is a strong possibility that he thought he could take advantage (ie getting her to sleep with him) of her since she was young.

DeSPURado
07-20-2003, 08:53 PM
I'm talking about body language, attire, and what she said to him. Men are usually pretty good at picking out a victim on what they percieve to be submissiveness. read what I had to say in this thread. (http://pub237.ezboard.com/ffullsportpressfrm11.showMessage?topicID=1167.topi c)

Cassius Clay
07-20-2003, 09:08 PM
Well sure, men will react to how a woman acts to them. If she is aggressive and suggestive to them then the dude is going to think that she wants to engage in certain activities. On the surface I don't see how that would imply that Mr. Bryant was thinking in any other terms other than that she would be 'easy' to get to sleep with him.

DeSPURado
07-20-2003, 09:16 PM
Yeah I can concede that. Admitedly Kobe probably wasn't picking her to be a victim so much as an easy lay.

Adrienne18
07-21-2003, 07:31 PM
Excellent point from espn.com's page 2, about the emotional condition of the victim prior to the alleged rape...

As you weigh reports and analysis floating around, consider this: If you had never heard of Kobe, but someone was quoted as saying "Two months ago, I saw him extremely agitated...on the verge of tears," would you stop to consider the context was the moments after being bounced by the Spurs in the playoffs?

It shouldn't be much different that she was going through difficult times and reacted a certain way.