PDA

View Full Version : Orsborn: Jackson Says It Will Come Down To Penetration

duncan228
05-25-2008, 01:32 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/05/tom_orsborn_jac_1.html

Tom Orsborn: Jackson says it will come down to penetration

Lakers coach Phil Jackson says the key to tonight's game will be whether his team can get into the paint and also keep the Spurs out of it.

"We always say (on the road) it comes down to penetration," Jackson said. "Can you get the ball in the zone or the area where you want to work from, or are they going to be aggressive enough to prevent the ball from getting in there and create turnovers because of it."

Jackson has also stressed to his team the need to be focused.

"It's harder because of the surroundings players have to play in, home crowd, the rooting, the atmosphere, bench a little more unsteady perhaps because you are on foreign territory," Jackson said. "But teams can come in and do a really good job. Some teams can do a very good job on a visitor's court because they are focused. That's how we have to be."

Jackson guessed the Spurs' main concern will be their shooting, which was atrocious in Game 2.

"There are adjustments always to make, but I think more than anything else they just need to make shots, because they missed a lot of shots that they would normally make," Jackson said.

LakeShow
05-25-2008, 01:39 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/05/tom_orsborn_jac_1.html

Tom Orsborn: Jackson says it will come down to penetration

Lakers coach Phil Jackson says the key to tonight's game will be whether his team can get into the paint and also keep the Spurs out of it.

"We always say (on the road) it comes down to penetration," Jackson said. "Can you get the ball in the zone or the area where you want to work from, or are they going to be aggressive enough to prevent the ball from getting in there and create turnovers because of it."

Jackson has also stressed to his team the need to be focused.

"It's harder because of the surroundings players have to play in, home crowd, the rooting, the atmosphere, bench a little more unsteady perhaps because you are on foreign territory," Jackson said. "But teams can come in and do a really good job. Some teams can do a very good job on a visitor's court because they are focused. That's how we have to be."

Jackson guessed the Spurs' main concern will be their shooting, which was atrocious in Game 2.

"There are adjustments always to make, but I think more than anything else they just need to make shots, because they missed a lot of shots that they would normally make," Jackson said.

What? No Brokeback reference with penetration? Jacksons slipping,..

SPARKY
05-25-2008, 01:40 PM
It certainly did back in '03.

:toast

1Parker1
05-25-2008, 01:45 PM
I hate the Lakers and I hate Phil Jackson :depressed

easy7
05-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Get that K-Jelly ready then!!!!

DazedAndConfused
05-25-2008, 02:38 PM
I love Phil, just a great coach for this Laker team. He knows exactly what's in store in SAS and he is preparing this Laker team for tonight.

The Spurs are going to leave it all on the floor tonight, this is it for them. This is for the dynasty and to solidify their place in history amongst the greatest teams ever. The Lakers need to understand the Spur's motivation for tonight and match it accordingly. Otherwise they are in for a world of hurt. X's and O's don't mean shit tonight, it's all about heart.

clubalien
05-25-2008, 02:40 PM
What? No Brokeback reference with penetration? Jacksons slipping,..

Since you are making jokes I would like to mention San Antonio is a Penatration expert http://digitaldefense.net/pen_testing.php

DD
05-25-2008, 03:26 PM
waiting for the obligatory Kobe/Eagle Co. reference...

KobeOwnsBowen
05-25-2008, 03:31 PM
It always come down to penetration. Just ask Kobe in Colorado what it came down to. :p

Tyler_Durden
05-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Kobe is all about penetrating the hole, getting his hands on balls, and driving in for the facial.

Dex
05-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Something tells me this isn't the first time Kobe has heard this.