PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Vets for all you've sacrificed.

mando6599
05-25-2008, 02:39 PM
This is just to thank all of the hundreds of thousands soldiers that have ever fought and died to defend this great nation of ours. On this Memorial Day Weekend 2008, I thank you for putting your life on the line for mine, even though I might not recognize that you do it every day of your life, not just one day out of the year. Thank you for sacrificing your freedoms to preserve and protect mine. And because of what you've done and are doing around the world, I can sit here at my computer, scribe my opinions without fear of being condemned, and love my Spurs. Thanks again. God bless America.

mando

PacerFan
05-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Well said, God Bless.

timvp
05-25-2008, 02:41 PM
:tu

DD
05-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Indeed, thank you not only to the veterans, but to our current troops...let's hope they make it home safe so no more of our boys die in vain.

Lakers_55
05-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Great post, I wonder how many NBA pro ballers served for our country? I can think of a notable Admiral.....I know in the old days, many did and had to miss parts of seasons, such as Elgin Baylor.

Thanks vets!

CubanMustGo
05-25-2008, 03:13 PM
http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/0507/mdayImage1.jpg

http://markparadis.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/memorial-day.jpg

http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives/Futures.07.gif

dg7md
05-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Yeah, we need to get them back home.

JustSpurs
05-25-2008, 04:30 PM
This is just to thank all of the hundreds of thousands soldiers that have ever fought and died to defend this great nation of ours. On this Memorial Day Weekend 2008, I thank you for putting your life on the line for mine, even though I might not recognize that you do it every day of your life, not just one day out of the year. Thank you for sacrificing your freedoms to preserve and protect mine. And because of what you've done and are doing around the world, I can sit here at my computer, scribe my opinions without fear of being condemned, and love my Spurs. Thanks again. God bless America.

mando

Thanks Vets!

SpursFanFirst
05-25-2008, 04:32 PM

mando

x1000 Well said!

rasho8
05-25-2008, 04:51 PM
You're welcome, and thank you for the support.

boutons_
05-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Veterans' Burials Rising: Average Of 1,800 Veterans Die Every Day

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/25/veterans-burials-rising-a_n_103479.html

manufor3
05-25-2008, 05:09 PM
:tu

Sasha
05-25-2008, 05:25 PM

mando

Absolutely - and thank you for expressing it so well!

703 Spurz
05-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Here here guys. God bless all the folks who have served this country

Don Quixote
05-25-2008, 06:04 PM

mando

You're welcome! :toast

Banzai
05-25-2008, 06:06 PM
:toast

T Park
05-25-2008, 06:14 PM
Every day should be memorial day.

tlongII
05-25-2008, 06:23 PM
And this relates to the Spurs because...???

cobbler
05-25-2008, 06:41 PM

mando

Ditto! Well said. When you put things in perspective, we are so fortunate to have the opportunity to root for our teams and banter with opposing fans over a GAME when so many have sacrificed so much.

Tip of the hat to ALL who have served!

Rummpd
05-25-2008, 07:21 PM
I am a veteran (Army doctor) and a Spurs fan because of being stationed in San Antonio watching David Robinson and his crew. Many more of us out there who became Spurs fans being stationed in SA in the Army or Air Force over the years I am sure!

Avitus1
05-25-2008, 07:48 PM
http://www.ibiblio.org/phha/IWO_JIMA_FLAG.JPG

For all that you do then and now, thanks.

SpurAddict561
05-25-2008, 07:50 PM
7 years in the Navy, still going strong to 20!

E20
05-25-2008, 08:24 PM
And this relates to the Spurs because...???
You should know quite well, it was all over Rasheed Wallace's face.

SpurAddict561
05-25-2008, 08:25 PM
beautiful TIM!

SpurAddict561
05-25-2008, 08:52 PM
lol^

wrong thread post hahah

SPARKY
05-25-2008, 09:51 PM
This is the 7th Memorial Day in a row with American servicemen in active combat.

Budkin
05-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Whether you agree with the war or not... our soldiers are fucking awesome. Thank you!

AstroCowboy
05-25-2008, 10:15 PM

mando

Amen!