PDA

View Full Version : Orsborn: Movement key for Spurs offense

Spurs Brazil
05-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Tom Orsborn: Movement key for Spurs offense
Gregg Popovich says "good ball movement, good people movement" is the key to the Spurs breaking out of their offensive slump.

"The face of (the Lakers') defense is really good," Popovich said. "If you don't move bodies, the shot clock is going to come into play, which means poor shot selection and that type of thing. So good ball movement, good people movement is a priority if we are going to score better."

The Lakers entered the series averaging a playoff-best 112 points per game, but it's their defense that has impressed Popovich the most.

"Defense is trust and commitment and also is a product of the number of people you have committed to it," Popovich said Sunday morning. "With the group that they have right now, they have a lot of athletic bodies that can do that."

There are more athletic guards in the league than Derek Fisher, but Popovich said the 11-year pro from Arkansas-Little Rock is a big reason why the Lakers defense has improved so much.

"I think Derek brings that sort of a flavor to the team obviously," Popovich said. "His addition is huge in that regard. His toughness both physically and mentally, I think, permeates the rest of the guys."

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/05/tom_orsborn_mov.html

awktalk
05-25-2008, 05:33 PM
The key to this game is TP and penetration. That's the biggest advantage matchup we have. He needs to live in the paint tonight.

DazedAndConfused
05-25-2008, 06:04 PM
The Lakers have figured out how to make TP ineffective with their traps. The Lakers will gladly let Duncan and Parker get theirs as long as nobody else gets off. That's been the key to success in both games thus far.

The bottomline is the Spurs need to get production from Ginobli, Finley, Horry, Udoka, Barry, and any other role players on the floor. The Lakers can put up 100pts in their sleep, Spurs need to keep pace.

timvp
05-25-2008, 06:05 PM
The Lakers have figured out how to make TP ineffective with their traps. The Lakers will gladly let Duncan and Parker get theirs as long as nobody else gets off. Laker Fan can't even be consistent with their stance from sentence to sentence.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-25-2008, 06:07 PM
:lol

1Parker1
05-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Laker Fan can't even be consistent with their stance from sentence to sentence.

:lol

DazedAndConfused
05-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Laker Fan can't even be consistent with their stance from sentence to sentence.

LOL that sounded off when I wrote it. My point was the Lakers can hold Parker to 20 pts or so with the defense they have, which is a lot better than Parker scoring 30-40.

T Park
05-25-2008, 06:13 PM
My point was the Lakers can hold Parker to 20 pts or so with the defense they have, which is a lot better than Parker scoring 30-40.

No.... really?

nfg3
05-25-2008, 06:55 PM
People/ball movement has always been the key to the Spurs success. The inside - out type of game they play dictates that there be movement. TP's penetration is just part of it. We brought in jump shooters to compliment TD. The Spurs really only have two players that can create their own shot - TP and Manu. It we don't move to get the open jump shots then we have to rely on players that can create their own shot and that makes it difficult to win if the Spurs are forced into that scenario.

So if we get the movement then there will be open shots. Unfortunately the way the Spurs have been shooting in this series....:depressed