PDA

View Full Version : In Lakers Defense

Bandwagon Fan
05-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Ok, so I was reading through some of the threads and I couldnt seem to understand the lack of respect fans here have for the Lakers. I understand if some of ya have some hate for us, but at the very least we deserve respect as a team and franchise. Now I know most of ya are spurs fans so you might not know L4ker history, but I'll even take the time to post some reasons.

The Lakers are notable for having (at the end of the 2005–06 season) the most wins (2,905), the highest winning percentage (61.5%), the most finals appearances (28) of any NBA franchise, and the second most championships (14, behind the Boston Celtics' 16).[2] ... They hold the record for the longest consecutive win streak (33) in U.S. professional team sports (as well as the NBA's record) beginning on November 5th,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Lakers

And before the Kobe Dynasty is over we'll have more championships then the Celtics too.

Also, ya seem to think we buy our way to good teams, well that doesnt hold true our added salaries are only 2 million more then the Spurs.
http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm
That's hardly anything for $70 million in salaries total, the only team I give respect to for having low salaries and a A team is Utah.

Now I know we have some fans that are annoying, but so do other teams. The difference is our fans hold our team accountable. We don't stand for being in the wilderness for decades we demand success. It looks like the Spurs are about to fall into the wilderness soon too so we'll see how well the fans are able to hold their team accountable.

timmydidit
05-25-2008, 05:23 PM
fail

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Stop caring about whether you're getting respect from other team fans or not. Who cares if this message board isn't showering your team with love, it doesn't help when a majority of you are begging for recognition which youv'e gotten ten times over from the rest of the world.

I never seen someone get defensive in a thread HE STARTED. :lmao

The Laker fans are about as mentally and emotionally stable as their franchise player.

Bandwagon Fan
05-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Here I thought spurs fans were actually reasonable

Anyways, I'd rather have a stable top scorer like bryant instead of your unstable manu. Oh, my ankle hurts, well guess what Bryant has an injured back, torn ligament in his finger that needs surgery, fisher has a torn tendon in his foot that needs at least a months rest, we our missing our #2/3 player for 4 months and who won't return from the playoffs, and we just got back one of our top defensive players who also hasnt played in 4 months. And you cry over some stupid ankle injury?

respect for lakers +1
respect for faker spurs - none

Strike
05-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Here I thought spurs fans were actually reasonable

Anyways, I'd rather have a stable top scorer like bryant instead of your unstable manu. Oh, my ankle hurts, well guess what Bryant has an injured back, torn ligament in his finger that needs surgery, fisher has a torn tendon in his foot that needs at least a months rest, we our missing our #2/3 player for 4 months and who won't return from the playoffs, and we just got back one of our top defensive players who also hasnt played in 4 months. And you cry over some stupid ankle injury?

respect for lakers +1
respect for faker spurs - none

Respect for another dip-shit laker fan with an inferiority complex - less than zero.

Bandwagon Fan
05-25-2008, 06:25 PM
Actually I just wanted an excuse to post the laker accomplishments. Impressive eh?